Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Day Without Rain by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Day Without Rain

gypsybaby21

Note: I'm just getting over the flu so sorry if it seems rushed and that it has a lack of details!

Chapter Four: Run to You

She says her love for me could never die
But that'd change if she ever found out about you and I

Oh - but her love is cold
It wouldn't hurt her if she didn't know, cause...

When it gets too much
I need to feel your touch

I'm gonna run to you
I'm gonna run to you
Cause when the feelin's right I'm gonna run all night
I'm gonna run to you

She's got a heart of gold she'd never let me down
But you're the one that always turns me on
You keep me comin' 'round

I know her love is true
But it's so damn easy makin' love to you

I got my mind made up
I need to feel your touch

I'm gonna run to you
Ya - I'm gonna run to you
Cause when the feelin's right I'm gonna stay all night

I'm gonna run to you
Ya - I'm gonna run to you
Oh when the feelin's right I'm gonna run all night
I'm gonna run to you

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

& Run to You

Molly sighed, her heart heavy as she saw the same snowy white bird that had been flying back and forth for a month, fly to the window, and drop yet another letter.

"Anything for me?" he asked a bit distracted as he flipped through his muggle computer on ways to cure the forgetting potion.

"She got another letter from him today," Molly said softly as she popped the window open, gave the bird a snack, and took the white envelope that held the Malfoy's family crest.

Arthur stopped typing, but continued to look at the computer screen, only this time he was glaring. "How many is it this time?"

"Thirty."

Arthur gave a halfhearted snort. "One every day for the past month. You'd think the little twerp would get the picture after no reply."

"Maybe we shouldn't throw this one in the fire place this time. We've done enough damage as it is," Molly whispered, her voice cracking.

"Put it in the fireplace," Arthur said softly, without hesitation.

Molly bit her lip and leaned over pretending to toss it like she had of the other twenty-nine letters and slyly placed it in her pocket. "There, it's burned!"

"Great. Now I can get back to work," his voice dull.

Just as he started typing again a loud shout and then huge thumbing sounded upstairs. Molly jerked her gaze up, gasped, and ran to the stairs. "Ginny!" she cried out in fear.

"What in the bloody-" Arthur started and jerked up running after his wife.

"What's wrong?" Molly's voice filled with fear as she burst into her daughters' room.

Harry smiled at them. "Hermione found a cure. She hasn't told us what it is yet, she was waiting for you!"

"Just please don't tell me it has to do with that Malfoy kid!" Arthur growled.

Ron gave his father a spine-chilling glance. "I think you've done enough."

Arthur was about ready to say something, but stopped himself at the look in his youngest sons eyes. He bowed his head in defeat.

"Okay…it's possessing," Hermione stated.

Silence.

"Run that by us one more time?" George said giving Hermione a weird look.

Hermione flipped the cover of the book open and read over it, making sure she understood it. "Yes, that's it. One of us goes into her dream, and possesses someone, coaxing Ginny to walk through a door. Once she does she'll become conscious again."

"That's it? It's so easy!" Molly cried happily.

"This is great!" Fred yelled.

George gave a shout of joy and leapt into the air.

Ron just looked down at Ginny and sighed. "I hate to break the happy news, but what if she isn't dreaming of any people?"

Hermione smiled. "Oh but see, no matter what there are TWO people in the dream. Don't forget, Ginny's pregnant."

Ron slowly started to smile. "Yes…the eternal sleep would-" his eyes crinkled and he frowned. "If she was going to sleep forever wouldn't baby be dead? I mean-I mean it would kind of be impossible for the baby to survive, wouldn't it?"

Molly gasped. "No, oh please no! She'll never talk us again!"

Hermione bowed her head and her shoulders sagged in defeat. Harry knelt down at Ginny's side and clutched her hand, kissing it gently. "You guys are the only true family I've ever had…Ginny's like a sister to me. We'll find another way."

Percy jerked up. "Wait a minute! What if Ginny's preserving the baby somehow?"

Ron glared at his brother stupidly. "What?"

Percy started pacing back and forth, stroking his chin as he thought. "In a dream world, you're in control, consciously, sub-consciously, you get it? So what if Ginny somehow made the baby come out of her in the dream world and the kid is living with her or not with her. The baby wouldn't be in Ginny right now, because the baby's in the dream…safe," Percy said softly.

"How is that possible?" Hermione whispered.

Ron looked up. "How is anything possible? I mean really?"

"Just do it!" Molly cried out!

Ron gritted his teeth. "Will it hurt her?"

Hermione shook her head. "No! The baby inside of her will trigger something in her head and then stairs will appear going straight up to the sky. Once she reaches the top a door will appear and she'll walk through! If the baby isn't inside of her and it's a real person we get than it'll be a lot more easier and basically the same thing will happen."

Molly sniffled. "What will happen to the baby if he or she is not in Ginny's stomach?"

"Well once Ginny wakes up the baby will go back into her!"

Percy continued. "So the point is-"

"The point is it's a chance of pulling Ginny out. Lets do it! There isn't any side effects right?" Ron asked Hermione.

Hermione bit the inside of her cheek and shook her head. "Yeah, one."

~*~

"Get out of bed sleepy heads!" Grace's voice echoed in Ginny's ear.

Draco grunted as he bounced up and down from Grace's energetic morning greeting, he swiped Grace into his arms, snuggling her. "You and your bed bouncing! Ginny you never should have taught her that!"

Ginny smiled, moved her pajama top down, and turned gently kissing Grace on the cheek, "I didn't teach her! She's a smart kid!"

Draco wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. "Where's my kiss?"

Grace grinned. "You gotta kiss Daddy! On the lips!"

Ginny widened her eyes at her daughter and began tickling her sides. "Oh do I?"

Grace squealed and pushed into Draco trying to get away. "Yes. Yes! Yes! Daddy! Help me!"

Draco curled his arms around Grace's waist and covered her up with the blanket. "Leave my baby alone you rotten tickler!" he spoke playfully. "And give me my kiss! On the lips!" he added with a grin.

Ginny grinned and leaned forward. Draco curled his hand around the nape of her neck pulling her close, kissing her gently and just as he was going to deepen the kiss he heard a childish giggle. He dropped his head and smiled at his daughter.

"Daddy's got funny face!" Grace laughed.

Draco looked at her. "What's that know?"

Grace sat up and shrugged. "Every time Mummy kisses you, you get that dumb face."

Ginny slapped a hand to her mouth, muffling a laugh. Draco lifted his eyes up to her giving her a shocked look. "Oh you two are in for it!" Draco grinned shaking his head.

Grace smirked. "What are you going to do? We've got you wrapped around our fingers!"

Ginny's mouth dropped and Draco sat in silence, shocked. Grace gave a bored huff and leapt off the bed.

"I'm ready to help make breakfast!" she looked expectantly at her mother.

"I'll be there in a second baby!" Ginny whispered.

Grace shrugged and left the room.

Draco turned to Ginny and smiled. "Did you see that smirk?"

"Just like yours! I couldn't believe it!"

"First time she ever did it!" Draco whispered in awe.

Ginny threw her head back in a shout of laughter. "Will you look at us? We're so pathetic."

Draco dropped his eyes and grinned. "Most likely, but we're pathetic together," he leaned over to give her a kiss and the got out of the bed.

Ginny's throat let out a noise of appreciation as she came up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. "Mm, I love those boxers on you! So sexy!"

Draco smirked. "I know!"

Ginny trailed kisses down the curve of his neck and back. "Makes me want to-"

Draco groaned. "Ginny we can not start this! Grace is up…and I want pancakes."

Ginny screamed causing Draco to flinch and then she smacked him in the back. "Why you little-"

Draco dashed out of the room towards the kitchen. "Grace! Your mothers attacking me!"

Grace shook her head as she watched her parents run around the kitchen. She was covered in flour with a silver spoon in her hand. "Can't you see I'm trying to cook here? You guys need to grow up."

"Gracie! What did you do to yourself?" Ginny gasped softly.

Her daughter was covered from head to toe in flour. Her pink flowered two-piece nightgown that consisted of tiny shorts and a tiny shirt, were now white. Her nose and ears were smeared with flour and something that looked like chocolate.

"I was making chocolate chip pancakes."

Ginny gasped back a waterfall of laughter and brought her hand up to her mouth. "Babe, can you go clean Gracie up while I cook some breakfast for my starving husband and daughter?"

Draco kissed Ginny on the cheek. "How about you take care of flour girl over there, and I cook?"

A grin spread across Ginny's face. "Are you sure you can handle it?"

Draco smacked her in the butt. "Get out here!"

~*~

"Everything ready?" Hermione asked as she looked over Percy's shoulder, watching him stir the ingredients that would make Ginny's mental wall break down, permitting entrance into her dream.

"Yep! Here you go!" he said handing her the bowl. "She won't choke when we pour it down her mouth will she?" he asked as he followed Hermione towards Ginny's room.

"No, it should go straight down."

George lifted his head as he heard them coming. "Oh good! Took bloody long enough."

Percy glanced down his nose at George then turned his attention back to Hermione. "Should? What do you mean should?"

Hermione sighed, handed the bowl to Molly, and rubbed her face tiredly. "It means do you want to take a shot or not? Surprisingly I don't have all the answers!"

Percy glared at her. "Well your 'should' isn't good enough," he lightened his tone as he glanced down at Ginny and spoke again. "But I suppose this is worse."

"Okay Molly, repeat these words…"

~*~

"Mummy doesn't burn the pancakes!" Grace pouted as she watched her mother pick up the remainders of burnt pancake and put them in the garbage.

Draco grinned. "I'm sorry baby! Mummy's just multi-talented! Ginny I'll do the dishes!"

Ginny turned and grinned. "Do you feel bad about burning the pancakes?"

"I feel awful!" Draco clutched his chest and got up. "Go outside and play! I'll get it!"

"Okay then!" Ginny smiled and went over to pick up Grace.

"Be quick Daddy!" Grace called as she looked over Ginny's shoulder.

"Will do!"

The breeze outside was wonderful. It smelled of tropical flowers, sweet flowers, and of salty oceans. Grace wiggled out of Ginny's arms and hopped to go pick a dandelion. Ginny rubbed her arms and smiled as she watched Grace go from one weed to another.

"What are you doing?" Ginny asked.

Grace paused and turned towards Ginny. "Picking flowers!"

"Those aren't flowers babe!" Ginny informed as she pushed her hands into her back pockets.

"But they're pretty!" Grace grinned and then her eyes widened.

"What's wrong?"

"Mummy look! Stairs! Lets go up them!"

Ginny flipped around and gasped. Black metal stairs spiraling up the clouds had formed in the sky and on the sand.

"Stairs to heaven!" Grace squealed with glee.

"Wow! Baby stay here! I'm going to go get Daddy okay?"

"Ginny come on…lets go up the stairs."

Ginny scowled. "Honey don't call me Ginny!"

"Mummy! Lets go!"

"Hold on! I'm going to go get Draco!" Ginny said and ran towards the house at a dead speed. "Draco! You are not going to believe-" she stopped when she saw an empty kitchen. "Draco?"

Ginny walked through towards their bedroom…nothing. She ran to Grace's room, then the bathroom, then the patio and still nothing.

"Hmm, where did he go?"

"MUMMY! Come on!"

Ginny glanced over the house one more time and then went out to Grace. "Honey I don't think we should go up those stairs."

"Please? Come on! Ginny please back to us!"

Ginny squinted at her daughter. "What? Grace I told you to stop calling me that!"

"Mummy lets go up the stairs!"

Grace's voice seemed hypnotizing and Ginny slowly nodded her head. Taking her daughters hand they walked to the beach. Black spiraling stairs against a blue sky didn't go well. Ginny was hoping they both were seeing things, but her hope melted away as they touched the railing.

"Lets run!" Grace squealed in delight as she dropped Ginny's hands and twirled up the stairs.

"Gracie wait!" Ginny bounded up after her.

"You're almost to the top! Hurry Ginny!" Grace yelled.

Ginny started running faster, taking two stairs at a time. "Damn it Gracie! Stop calling me Ginny! I'm your mother!"

Grace took the last step, turned and grinned at her mother. "I beat you I beat you!" she chanted as she watched her mother take the second to last step to the top.

Slightly breathless Ginny bent over and rested her hands on her knees. "Gracie you need to listen to Mummy when she says no okay!"

"I'm sorry!" Grace gave her a puppy dog look.

Ginny's irritation melted and she smoothed Grace's hair behind her ears. "It's okay baby!"

"Go through the door Ginny!"

"Stop it Grace!" Ginny scolded then turned around. "Where did this come from?"

"Turn the knob!"

Ginny placed her hand on the metal knob and turned.

~*~

Molly jerked back as she came back into her body. "What was that?"

"It's okay, she's coming out of it! She was opening the door right?" Hermione asked softly.

"Yes."

"That's good! Just hope no one walks through it with her!" Hermione sighed.

Ron snorted. "Yeah! Just imagine if she was dreaming of Draco and he walked through the door with her. I can handle on of him, but not two!"

"Look she's opening her eyes!" George cried out.

They hovered around and watched as Ginny's eyes popped open. She looked around at them and it all flooded back. Ginny jerked up and screamed.

Everyone jerked back startled. Molly went over to her but Ginny pushed her and violent sobs began racking her body. "Get out!" she choked out.

"I'm sorry love," Molly sobbed and ran out of the room, everyone else quickly following.

Ron dropped to the bed and pulled his sister into his arms. "Hey."

"You leave too!" Ginny cried.

Ron shook his head. "I'm not going! Do you want to talk about it?"

"I was happy," she cried to Ron.

Ron held her tightly pain washing over his face. "I'm sorry."

"I'm going to name my baby Grace."

Ron lifted his head up. "You're baby's a girl?"

"Yes. I need to tell Draco I'm pregnant!"

"Mum and Dad-" Ron started.

"Will NOT stop me. They haven't the right-"

"Ginny, you have to understand where they were coming from. They were afraid that your involvement with Mal-Draco would get you killed because of what he and his family is."

"I have to see him!"

"Okay, I'll take you too him."

Ginny got up and let Ron lead her down to the front door. She never once looked her parents in the eye.

"Where do you think your going?" George demanded. "She just woke up! Ginny! Talk with us! Tell us you're okay."

Ron opened the door. "She's fine."

"Ginny!"

Ginny sucked in a breath and slowly lifted her eyes up. "Oh gods!" she cried and fell to her knees.

"Hello Malfoy."

Draco ignored Ron's greeting and bent down. "Ginny, love, are you okay?"

Ginny just sobbed and draped her arms around his neck, holding him tightly. "Oh Draco! I missed you so much!"

"I sent you letters everyday! Did you read them?"

Ginny glared and gritted her teeth she got up slowly, moving from Draco, and glared at her parents. "Where are the letters?"

"We threw them-" Arthur started out with hatred in his voice.

"They're right here! I saved them," Molly said quickly and then looked to her shocked husband. "I couldn't. Not after what we did. You'll thank me for this later!"

"Mummy where are we?" a soft voice came from behind them.

Everyone turned swiftly to see a gray eyed, freckled face, blonde haired seven-year-old. Ginny gasped and brought her hand up to her mouth. "Gracie!"

"Where's Daddy? I don't like it here Mummy. I want Daddy," she started to cry.

"Oh my god!" Ginny cried as she walked to Grace and fell down in front of her. "Gracie baby, did you walk through the door in the sky?"

She sniffled and curled herself in her mothers' arms. "I just wanted to go with you, Mummy!"

"What's going on here?" Draco asked agitated as he watched Ginny hugging a small little girl. "Why is she calling you 'mummy'?"

Grace lifted her eyes and Ginny watched as joy spread across her face. "Daddy! You walked through the door too?" Grace squealed with delight, left Ginny's arms, and ran towards Draco.

"What in the bloody hell did she call him?" Ron asked.

"Daddy, you followed us too! I thought I was lost!" Grace cried as she wrapped her chubby little arms around Draco's legs.

He just looked down at her in shock. "Daddy?" he whispered and lifted his eyes up to Ginny.

To Be Continued…

If it sounded rushed…I'm sorry! I try to avoid the rushing, but I had to get it out fast before I forgot. I hope everyone enjoyed this part and I'm working on my others stories as well! Nice little twist wasn't it? I probably could have put more detail in it, but I just don't feel up to it. I'm still slightly sick! (I had the stomach flu over the past week!) ~Aya