Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Day Without Rain by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Day Without Rain

gypsybaby21

Note: I was going to update The Elvin Bride before I did any others, but that chapter is taking way too long! I only have five pages done and it's going to be twenty-two pages! So I decided to take a break and update some other stories!

The last chapter 'Run To You' isn't four, it's five…leave it to me for pointing out the obvious!

Chapter Six: Only Time

Who can say where the road goes,
Where the day flows?
Only time...


And who can say if your love grows,
As your heart chose?
Only time...

(chants)

Who can say why your heart sighs,
As your love flies?
Only time...

And who can say why your heart cries,
When your love dies?
Only time...

(chants)

Who can say when the roads meet,
That love might be,
In your heart.

And who can say when the day sleeps,
the moon still keeps on moving
If the night keeps all your heart?
Night keeps all your heart...

(extended chants)

Who can say if your love grows,
As your heart chose?
Only time...

And who can say where the road goes,
Where the day flows?
Only time...

Who knows?
Only time...

Who knows?
Only time...

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

& Only Time

Ginny swallowed as she saw Grace clutching Draco's left knee, hugging him tightly.

Draco shook his head, trying to clear the jumble of thoughts that rushed towards him. His face was filled with shock as he gazed down at the blonde haired gray-eyed girl clutching his legs, smiling up at him.

"Daddy?" Draco asked looking at Ginny.

Ginny slowly lifted her eyes. "Um, it's long, long story!"

"Mommy where are we?" Grace asked softly lifting her eyes up to Ginny's.

"Mommy?" Draco whispered searching Ginny's face.

Ginny gave a nervous laugh and rubbed her hands together. "Gees! Is there an echo in here?" When Draco's face didn't show any sign of amusement Ginny walked slowly towards Grace and bent down to her eye level. "Gracie-baby can you go play with you're Uncle Ron?"

"He's here?" Grace asked glancing around.

Ron's eyes widened as the little girls bright happy face landed on him. "Um…Gin sweets I'm not good with-"

Grace squealed with delight. "Uncle Ron!" she giggled madly and launched herself into his arms.

"Ginny we have to talk…now."

"I know Draco, come on lets go up to my-"

Draco's eyes darkened with disgust as glanced around. "I'd rather not!"

Ginny snorted at him. "Excuse me, I live here too! You don't have to look around with such a look on your face."

Draco's produced a tight-lipped smile towards Ginny. "I was aiming my disgust in a different direction, but out of respect for you I refused to look at them."

Ginny's eyes widened as she glanced at her parents quickly, and then back towards Draco. "Yeah, well glare all you want, I'm not to pleased with them. Gracie, is it alright if you stay with Uncle Ron for the day?"

"YES! I want some butter beer again Uncle Ron!" Grace spoke swiftly then gasped, smacking her hand against her mouth, and glancing warily at her mother. "Uncle Ron I'm sorry, I know you said not to let Mommy find out, I forgot."

Ginny shook her head at Ron, who shrugged and just shook his head. "I never gave her-"

"Ron, I believe Ginny's dream world was a glimpse into the future. So now we know that you will still be stubborn and immature as you grow older," Hermione grinned, elbowing him in the shoulder.

"Grace are you hungry?" Molly came up and asked softly.

Grace lifted her eyes and squinted. "Who are you?"

Molly gave a soft gasp. "Y-you don't know who I am?"

Grace shook her head. "Daddy made pancakes this morning, but he burnt them, but we Mommy fixed it and we stuffed ourselves."

Draco lifted his eyebrow in shock. "I don't cook!"

Ginny bit her lip holding back a smile. "Tell me about it! Notice that she said you burnt it."

"Grace I'm your grandmother, you're mommy's mother."

Grace look puzzled as she walked out of Ron's arms and towards her mother. "Mommy says I'm not allowed to talk or speak with you, it's why Daddy made Mommy's utopia, because they said their parents wouldn't let them be together, so they ran away to place where you'd never find them. Only Uncle Ron, Uncle Harry, Aunt Hermione, and Ethan know where we live."

"Who's Ethan?" Hermione asked.

Grace turned her head towards her and giggled, throwing her head back. "Aunt Hermione you're funny! He's your son."

"My son?" Hermione's mouth dropped in shock.

"He's a year younger than I am."

Ron snorted. "Gees 'Mione got knocked up a year after Ginny did!"

Hermione punched Ron in the shoulder. "Can you tell me who the father is?"

"You can't get insight into the future 'Mione!" Ron teased.

"Just a clue on how my life will turn out. It's not going to hurt anyone."

"Your husband," Grace giggled hysterically.

Hermione sighed. "Who's my husband?"

"Uncle Harry!" Grace was now rolling on the ground clutching her stomach. "Lets play some more!"

Hermione glanced nervously at Harry. His face was crimson and his eyes seemed glazed over.

"How did I-we get together?"

Grace shrugged. "I never asked before, but you did say that Uncle Ron may have been your first kiss, but it was Uncle Harry that made you explode. You still never explained what you meant! If he makes you explode then how come you are in dust?"

Hermione's mouth dropped and she let out a tiny squeal. "Oh my god!" she eyes widened as she looked at Harry with nervousness and fear.

Ron cracked his knuckles, bent down, and swooped Grace up into his arms. "Lets go flying shall we?"

"Oh no, no, no, not airplane that makes my tummy do flips."

Ron shook his head. "What?"

"You lift me above you head and twirl me around and around and around. I just ate!"

"No dear, I mean on a broom," Ron smiled and called his broom.

Grace's eyes widened and she screamed, pushing herself between Ginny and Draco.

"What's wrong with her?" Ron asked.

Ginny lifted her eyes up to Ron's and glared. "There's nothing wrong with her! From what I got, she doesn't know about magic. She thinks Draco and I built our Utopia. I have an idea-Gracie you tell everyone about our fairytale story okay?"

Grace shivered. "There are no strings!" she pointed towards the broom.

It fell instantly. "Yes doll, there were, the strings were cut off!" Draco whispered softly in her ear.

Ginny turned at smiled as she watched Draco in his kneeled position speaking softly to Grace. They looked like they belonged with each other. Ginny's heart filled with love and longing.

"I'll tell the story," Grace whispered.

Ginny bent down and squeezed her tightly, then kissed her on the forehead. "Bye baby."

Draco looked at Ginny, who was bent in front of Grace. "You seem very at ease with her," Draco concluded.

Ginny smiled softly at him and reached behind Grace to caress his cheek. "I was with her for a while. I'll explain everything, later."

Grace turned. "Chicken peck face time."

Draco turned his head in question. "Pardon?"

Grace clutched the sides of his face and squeezed his mouth together. "Don't go into your weird talking again! It's my turn this time though!" she giggled and began kissing repeatedly over Draco's face, and then she hugged him tightly around the neck, kissed his cheek one last time and whispered, "Sparkling stars glitter in the morning, the sun marks the night, the moon shimmers in the blue morning sky, and when the stars fade and the sun comes up, I'll be there to whisper goodnight."

Draco pulled his head back slightly. "Sparkling stars glitter in the evening, the sun marks the morning, the moon shimmers in the midnight black sky, and when the stars fade and the sun comes up, I'll be there to whisper good morning."

Draco exhaled a gust of breath as he glanced up at Ginny then back down to Grace. "How did I know that?" he whispered.

Grace grinned. "I like this game. We say it too each other at night, in the morning, and when you and Mommy go out."

"Do I say it too?" Ginny asked.

Grace shook her head. "Daddy says it's just ours, but don't feel left out Mommy you always say 'sugar plum fairies and love dear' and then I say back 'candy dreams and love Mommy'…our sayings are sweet like candy and Daddy's saying is about-"

Draco smiled softly. "Is about a Weasley and a Malfoy falling in love."

"Yeah and the stars are my birth! Daddy's the Moon and Mommy's the sun, in what I say they switch which Daddy says indicates that even the most hateful enemies can fall in love and be apart of something different."

"Like the Moon lighting up the day instead of the sun. That was very clever of your daddy."

"Yeah! Uncle Ron said Daddy got lucky the night he made that up."

Draco choked and coughed. "What?"

"But Daddy gets lucky all the time!" Grace sighed.

"Um, we better go!" Ginny said biting her lip and pulling Draco's arm.

~*~

"Wow," Draco whispered as he cradled Ginny's head to his chest.

Ginny pulled the hotel blanket up over them and snuggled into his chest. "I told you it was a long story!" she kissed his chest and nuzzled him.

At that moment Draco wished he'd taken off his shirt. Heat flooded into his groin as he felt Ginny wrap her leg around his. "This means you aren't pregnant any more?"

"Right."

"How can you tell?"

"Just a feeling."

Draco threw his head back in laughter. "We had this kid when you were ten and I was eleven!"

"No we didn't! She just kind of time traveled out of my stomach."

Draco kissed the top of her head and smiled. "Ginny, let me make love to you," he whispered against her forehead.

She slowly lifted her head up and smiled softly. "I thought you'd never ask."

~*~

Molly collapsed to the floor. "What have we done Arthur? We made our daughter hate us so much that she told our Grandbaby that-that-"

Arthur kneeled down next to his wife and brushed her hair back with his fingers. "We'll make it better."

"How? How can we make this better?"

Tears pierced the corner of his eye. "I don't know, but I promise, we'll find a way."

"Oh please!" Molly begged softly as she began crying even harder.

To Be Continued…

Sorry for the lengthy time of no updating! I had decided I needed to produce a chapter of The Elvin Bride before I wrote anything else, but I only have five pages down and I have seventeen more to go, so I decided to take a break from a page a week writing for The Elvin Bride. I hope everyone liked this chapter! Most likely I'll have almost all of my stories (aside from The Elvin Bride-see how fast I can go) updated by Monday! Hopefully! ~Aya

Chapter Seven:

~Draco and Ginny make love and spend all day together

~Ron is trying to figure out what's wrong with Grace-she has a stomachache and she's disappearing little by little

~Molly and Arthur are still trying to accept the fact that Ginny is in love with Draco

~Lucius finds out about Grace