Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Day Without Rain by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Day Without Rain

gypsybaby21

Chapter Nine: Forever Love

****

Chapter Nine:

"What are you doing here?" Draco growled out as he watched every move his father made towards him.

"I've come to see my grandchild," Lucius snapped at his son.

"I find that hard to believe. What do you want?"

"I want to see-"

"Grampie!" Grace squealed as she came into the room.

Draco's face paled as he watched his daughter run towards his father. "Jesus! Grace no!" he cried out.

"Gracie," Ginny gasped.

Lucius glanced up at Ginny and gave her a smirk that said 'how did you like my present your first year' written all over his face. He bowed his head back towards Grace.

Grace leapt into surprised Lucius's arms. Expressions of shock switched between expression of tenderness in his face, something Draco had never before seen.

"Guess what Grampie?" Grace laughed pulling slightly back from his arms.

Lucius stared down at her with awe as he watched Grace smile happily up at him. She pulled his hand up to her face and nuzzled his palm.

"What?" he asked softly.

Grace frowned in disappointment. "You aren't supposed to say that. Daddy, he's not supposed to say that."

Draco swallowed. He hadn't realized until Grace addressed him that everyone, even himself, had frozen in place. "What's that Gracie?"

"He supposed to say-'I don't guess Gracie, I know'. I'm tired of this 'I don't know' game anymore."

Draco snorted at the look on Lucius's face. It would be just like him to say something like that.

"What are you doing here Father?"

Lucius held Grace to him and walked over to his son, reaching in his pocket for the vial of potion. "I've found a potion that can place Grace back into the stomach of your lover."

"She has name."

"Of Ginevra then. Since she's going to be my daughter-in-law Miss Weasley seems to blasé."

Draco smirked at him and lifted his hand up to stroke his chin. "Why do you want to help?"

"Of course I get something for this you know, but I'll withhold the details at the moment. For now just be thankful it doesn't harm either of them. It's beneficial for both parties to follow this procedure. Now here's how it works. Ginny needs to swallow the potion. It will take a twenty-four hour period for the potion to work so all three of you can spend that time together, but when it comes to the last four hours Ginny must bathe in Chamomile and Lavender bath water, she must drink this cleansing tea and at the last hour Grace and Ginny must be holding each other," Lucius informed in a military voice. "Here's the vial," he set Grace down on the floor as he handed it to Draco, "Good day."

"Will it harm either of them?" Draco whispered softly as he eyed the bottle.

"No," Lucius said.

Draco lifted his eyes up and searched Lucius's face. He then nodded at him as he left.

"Bye Grampie! Love you!" Grace hollered as he left.

Lucius paused a moment, turning slightly, but not all the way around. He simply nodded and left.

"Oh Merlin," Ginny finally gasped. "I was so scared."

Tears filled Ginny's eyes as she yanked Grace into her arms.

"Mummy!" Grace cried in distress as she tried to pry Ginny's arms away from her.

Draco walked over to them and knelt down, wrapping his arms around both his girls. He too had been scared so much in fact that he wasn't sure if Lucius would either strangle Grace, or kidnap her. Never had he expected to see any of what happened.

"Is he always like that with you Gracie?" Draco asked suddenly.

Grace giggled and shook her head. "No! He's very as Mummy calls him 'stiff' and 'cold' towards me, but I still love him and hug him all the time. He's very uncomfortable when I do. Fidgety, Uncle Ron says. Mummy and Uncle Ron don't like him very much, when I ask them why they said Grampie use to be a bad man to them and everyone. I don't believe them. He gives me the best birthday presents and when I spend every other weekend with him and Grammie we go to the funniest places. I even get him to laugh sometimes."

"I don't believe it," Draco said softly shaking his head.

Ginny grinned. "Well you should, she melted your heart."

Draco smirked down at her. "I believe that was both of you my love."

Ginny yanked his head towards her and kissed him hard on the mouth. "Lets spend the day together. Just you, Gracie, and me, yeah?"

"Yay! Yes Daddy, yes!" Grace cried in child happiness.

"It sounds like a great idea. Grace, why don't you ask Uncle Ron to go get you ready okay?"

Grace's eyes widened with surprise. "You hate the way Uncle Ron dresses me!"

"I do? Yes I do, but I need to speak with Mummy okay?"

"Okay. UNCLE RON!" Grace yelled causing Draco and Ginny to flinch.

"Draco-should I really take it?" Ginny asked softly.

Draco rubbed his arms up and down Ginny's arms and then pulled her to him, nuzzling the side of her face. "My father never lies about anything. He has no reason to. If he says it won't hurt you, it won't. Trust is the one thing about him I can count on. I promise love."

"Well I trust you, and if you can trust him then-I love you Draco," Ginny whispered softly.

He pulled back and smiled down at her softly, lifting his hand up to stroke the side of her face. "Kiss me," he demanded softly.

Ginny smiled and swooped down, capturing his lips. She nibbled at his lower lip, coaxing him to open his mouth, and when he did all Ginny knew was bliss. She clutched his head tightly to hers, gasping slightly as she felt Draco's hands squeeze her rear end tightly and then pull her legs up around his waist.

"You guys need to get a room permanently," Grace spoke from the living room entrance with pure disgust in her voice.

Draco and Ginny gasped with laughter. They turned to see their daughter shaking her head, her lips pursed in disappointment.

Draco's smile however quickly dropped from his face as she saw what Grace was wearing. "Oh, she is NOT wearing that!"

To Be Continued…