Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Day Without Rain by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Day Without Rain

gypsybaby21

A/N: When I first had this chapter out I got complaints about how mean the Weasley's were to Ginny when she returned home. Keep in mind that she was gone for almost three in a half months and her parents did not know where she was.

Chapter Three: A Day Without Rain

"Are you sure you want to go back?" Ginny asked as they sat on the train.

Draco smiled reassuringly at her. "Everything will be fine."

But everything wasn't fine. As soon as they'd stepped off the train things went all to hell. Her parents and Draco's had been sitting at the stop waiting.

How did they even know when we'd be back?

Ginny inched closer to Draco, clutching his arm, trembling as they walked towards their family.

"Ginny?" Draco whispered worriedly as he felt her shaking uncontrollably. "I got you don't worry!"

"Don't leave me," she begged softly.

Draco gazed down at her lovingly. "I won't."

Ginny knew that he wouldn't have let go of her if her father hadn't yanked her away from him. He'd walked right up to her and snatched her so hard and fast that she had the breath knocked out of her.

"Ow, you're hurting me!" she cried out as her fathers' hand bit into her arm.

"What were you thinking?" Molly screamed with the look of the devil on her face.

"You are grounded for life!" Arthur's voice filled her ears with menacing pain.

Ginny met Draco's gaze as she felt herself silently pleading for something. He was standing next to his very unusually calm father, gazing at her with sadness. Ginny lifted her eyes up to see Lucius giving his son a thoughtful look.

"Mum! Dad! Stop this right now!" Ginny yelled at them as she jerked her arm away.

Molly glanced down at her with a calm eerie look. "Don't you talk to me like that young lady!"

Arthur was having a glaring contest with Lucius, who'd seemed to pull his eyes away from his son. Ginny dropped her eyes to Draco, his head was bowed and his shoulders were sagging in defeat.

Draco, don't give up.

Ginny silently pleaded with him. She was dimly aware of her mother yelling at her and their fathers silently glaring at each other, but finally one word brought her attention back to her mother, along with Lucius, Arthur, and Draco.

"Molly? What are you saying?" Arthur gasped.

"I'm saying Ginny looks rounded! Maybe it's my imagination, maybe not."

Ginny, who'd been only half listening, looked at Draco and she saw it in his eyes what she'd failed to notice. His eye's widened as he glanced down at Ginny's stomach.

"I am not pregnant! I took the test potion!" Ginny lied. "I've just been eating a lot lately."

Molly gazed at her daughter. "Ginny just to be sure, you're taking another one…with me in the room!" then she turned her gaze to Draco and Lucius, directing her next set of vicious words at them. "And if she is pregnant you will have no right to the child you nasty death eaters."

Ginny gasped at Molly. "Don't talk to my fiancée like that!"

Arthur glared. "There will be no marriage to a Malfoy in this family!"

"IF there is a baby I will have all the rights along with Ginny," Draco's voice erupted.

"I'm not pregnant," Ginny insisted.

Draco dropped his eyes to hers. He swallowed and held back a groan as lust slammed into his gut.

She is so beautiful.

What if she's pregnant?

Do you want a baby?

I don't want to be like my father.

Then you should worry.

Draco took in a shuddering breath.

But…having a baby with Ginny…the happiness…

Think about what it would do to her.

She's saying she isn't pregnant. So I believe her.

Do you really?

"Ginny," he whispered softly taking a step towards her.

She could tell he was internally fighting with himself. Trying to hold himself back from crushing her into his arms. Ginny wanted to hold him as well, to squeeze him so tight that she'd knock the breath out of him, but the stern, strong hand on her shoulder was holding her back, just as the hand of Lucius Malfoy was holding Draco.

Draco turned his head down to his fathers' hand and sneered. It was the last straw. "Not even hell could keep me away from her!" he snarled out at his father.

He jerked his shoulder away and started walking over. Ginny relaxed her shoulders and as soon as she felt her fathers' hand relax she jerked away. It was a matter of seconds before she was in his arms, smelling him, clutching him to her.

"We should have stayed away," Ginny cried letting the tears that had formed into her eyes fall on to Draco's neck.

"What would that have accomplished for you and your family? I couldn't bare to lose you, think about the people who birthed you, raised you, provided for you, loved you…I know you wouldn't have wanted to do that to them," he whispered back.

Deep down she knew he was right, but she also knew being his was the best thing that had ever happened to her.

"You need to keep you whore of a son on a leash!" Arthur yelled at Lucius.

Lucius, who'd been watching the two hugging with a surprised look on his face, slowly, almost eerily turned his head towards Ginny's father, with the look of the devil emerging onto his face. "My `whore' of a son? What about your tramp of a daughter? She's money hungry so she goes after the richest slab of meat she can get. You poor sorry excuse for a witch!"

Ginny felt Draco stiffen as soon as the word `tramp' popped out of his fathers' mouth. She tried to keep him to her, but he was too strong. Ginny watched in horror as Draco launched himself at his father.

"Don't you talk about her like that," he screamed as he rammed a fist into his fathers' face.

Lucius stumbled backwards from the force of the punch, but still managed to stay on his feet. Draco cringed in pain as he felt it ten fold from the death-mark he had on his arm. Lucius lifted his eyebrow in yet another look of surprise.

Ginny shook her head.

I'm beginning to think the Malfoy's let a lot more emotion out than they let on!

Lucius walked up to Draco as if he was going to kill him, but grabbed his son by the collar and held on, staring at him deeply in the eyes. "What's the matter with you?"

Draco was still fuming. "Don't you talk about Ginny like that! I'm the only one she's ever been with," his voice was dark, deep, menacing, sending shivers down Ginny's spine.

Ginny bowed her head waiting for her parents gasp to come. When it didn't come she turned. What she saw was heart breaking. Her mother had tears in her eyes and her father was looking at her with sadness.

Oh no…that's not good Ginny.

Tell me about it.

"It's time to go," Molly whimpered. "We-we have to go, now!"

Before Ginny even had a chance to hug Draco good-bye her father picked her up and carried her with him, out of the station.

"Stop this!" Ginny hollered.

Molly grimaced. "Don't yell!"

"We're in love," Ginny whispered.

Arthur growled in anger. "You aren't in love! You're too young to be in love!"

"You and mom fell in love when you were in your 5th year!" Ginny pointed out.

"It was different!" Molly insisted.

Ginny dropped from her fathers' arm. "How so, because you were in the same house? That's so unfair and wrong!"

"It may be so, but that's how the world is! I forbid you to see him again," Arthur informed.

"But Daddy…" Ginny's bottom lip trembled.

"Don't argue with me," he said and walked ahead.

"Mum?"

Molly lifted her blood shot-eyes to her daughter. "I agree with your fathers decision."

"But I love him! He's a part of me! I need him! We were meant to be together!" Ginny cried out almost hysterically.

Molly didn't answer.

________________________

"I want to see Draco!" Ginny whispered at the dinner table.

Ginny jerked as she heard her fathers' utensils clang to the plate as he dropped them in frustration.

"Not one more word!" he yelled.

Ron's eyes widened at his fathers' outburst. His father had really been on edge all summer.

He thinks he's loosing his daughter.

Ron smiled softly as he placed a piece of chicken in his mouth.

Ginny bit her lip. "I want to see Draco!"

"Go to your room!" Molly yelled. "Go! Now!"

"Fine! I'd rather be up there than down here sitting around a table full of…"

"Anyone want more potatoes?" Ron interrupted, stopping his sister from saying something she'd regret.

Ginny turned and stomped up to her room. She opened the door and slammed it as hard as she could.

"Draco!" Ginny cried softly as she threw herself on the bed.

Her heart hurt. She felt like her air supplies had just been cut in half. Ginny flipped over on her back and rubbed her right hand up and down her stomach, giving a soft smile.

She was pregnant. She really didn't know how far along she was, but she guessed it to be about four in a half months.

Ginny had lied to everyone. She didn't want Draco to pull back or be afraid. Ginny was afraid Draco would hate her and she knew she wouldn't be able to handle that.

"I'll tell him…and my family…sometime."

A gentle knock on the door tore Ginny's attention away from her belly.

"Ginny?" Molly's voice was soft yet stern.

"What?"

Molly pushed open the door and walked in. "You're taking your pregnancy potion now!"

Ginny stomach turned as she saw the cup in her mothers' hand.

"Drink this and hold out your right hand. If you're pregnant it'll be a purple if you aren't it will be blue."

"Mom-"

"Drink it!" her mother's voice sent shivers down Ginny's spine.

She lifted the contents to her mouth and gulped it down. Her eyes watered as the burning sensation trailed down her throat. Molly held Ginny's right hand.

Two minutes later and her hand was purple. Molly gasped and brought a hand up to her mouth. "Oh Ginny!" Molly cried as she brought her hand up to her daughters face.

"I'm about four months along."

"So you lied when you said you weren't pregnant."

Ginny cast her eyes down. "I was afraid Draco would break up with me."

"Don't worry about this Ginny, your dad and I will take care of this."

Ginny jerked her head up. "I want to keep the baby."

"I understand that, but-"

"Mother! Please respect my decision. I want to keep him or her," Ginny practically begged her mother. "Please momma!"

"Okay, you can keep the baby. I just don't know how we're going to do it," Molly stood up from the bed and started for the door.

"I'm sorry!" Ginny whispered. "I'm sorry for what I put you through, but I'm not sorry that I fell in love with Draco."

Molly's hand paused at the doorknob. "I accept your apology, but it's going to take a lot more than that."

"I understand."

Molly walked out. Ginny sighed in happiness.

"Now all I need is Draco."

_______________________________________

"She's pregnant!" Molly told Arthur.

He flexed his fingers into a fist and ground his teeth together. "Bloody hell!"

"I gave her permission to keep the baby."

Arthur sighed heavily, his shoulders relaxing. "Malfoy can't know!" he spat out.

Molly licked her lips at the venomous hatred in her husbands' voice. "What are we going to do?"

Arthur paced for about ten minutes thinking. Molly walked over to the kitchen chair and sat down watching her husband. When he stopped Molly glanced up in hope.

"An idea."

"A forgetting potion."

Molly paused. "I don't want her to forget everything, just that boy!"

"That's why we're doing the potion. We can direct it, make her believe she had a one-night stand and didn't know where the guy was. That's she's going to independently raise the tike on her own."

Molly gave a small smile. "I hate that family, but Ginny is in love with their son. She doesn't have rotten judgment. I don't want to hurt her."

Arthur stroked his chin. "She does in this case. What she doesn't know won't hurt her."

That was that. Molly knew it was the only way. "Okay. We'll put the potion in her drinking cup for breakfast."

"Then it's done," Arthur smiled.

Molly felt good about her decision, but her heart was sore for her youngest.

I'm sorry Ginny this is the only way.

To Be Continued…


-->