Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Day Without Rain by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Day Without Rain

gypsybaby21

Chapter Twelve: I Do

"It worked," Draco laughed almost hysterically.

Lucius had whispered one word. Something that wasn't in Latin, which had surprised almost everyone, it was that simple. All it was, was 'Remember'.

"Draco? Are you feeling okay?" Ginny asked softly dropping her forehead to his.

He gave her a relief filled smile. "I'm fine baby. How's Gracie?" Draco gently caressed her stomach and bent to kiss her belly.

Ginny pulled back very slowly. "W-who's Gracie?"

Draco paused and gave a small timid smile. "What?"

Ron smirked at Lucius. "I knew it wouldn't work! It was too damn easy."

Lucius sneered and batted at Ron like he was a fly that had flown into his glass of champagne. "She wasn't meant to remember Grace, you fool!"

"Why?" Draco asked defeated.

"Because fates couldn't chance the fact that knowing her daughter a head of time could possibly change her feelings towards the baby," Lucius informed.

Draco dropped his head into his hands, making a strangled moan. "It was-It's not fair."

Ginny frowned and smoothed her hand through his hair. "Why does everything have to be so difficult?" he mumbled whipping tears away that had strayed down his cheek against his will.

"Because this is what we like to call the real world son," Lucius sneered in disgust. "I thought I'd raised you better than this, I guess not."

Ron glanced up at Lucius. "So why are you here again?"

Lucius stared down his nose at them. "To see that this be done."

"Why do you care?" Ginny asked haughtily.

Draco had to glance twice at his father as he saw a gentle look cross his face. "She's my granddaughter."

"Well, you did what you came to do, so why don't you leave," Draco growled out.

He was still on his knees in front of Ginny, his head in his hands resting on Ginny's knee.

"So be it, but you will not have a regular pregnancy cycle. Grace will be born in three months."

"Who's Grace?" Ginny asked softly, running her fingers through Draco's hair.

No one answered.

Draco slammed his hand into the ground and stood swiftly. He jerked Ginny up to him and kissed her passionately on the lips. "You're gonna marry me…now!" he whispered against her cheek.

Ginny wrapped her arm around the inside of Draco's arm, clutching his wrists as his hands held her face to his. Draco felt Ginny's gasp and he nuzzled his cheek against hers.

"Is that a demand?"

"Yes."

Ginny snorted and pulled back. "Well what if I say no?"

Draco smirked at her and shoved his hands through her soft hair. "You won't."

She sniffled and laughed happily, tears pouring freely. "Of course I won't!" she shouted leaping into his arms, wrapping her legs around his waist tightly. "I love you."

"I know," Draco said kissing her again. He then, with Ginny still wrapped around him turned to her family. "So, who wants to be the best man?"

****

"You may kiss-"

The voice faded out of Draco and Ginny's hearing as they focused intently on each other.

"Well Red, you are mine for the rest of you life," Draco whispered as he leaned forward.

Ginny giggled. "Don't call me Red."

"You remembered," Draco smiled down at her.

"How could I forget? It was what started everything! Along with your perverted mind."

Draco's eyes widened. "No way! You did not know what I was saying on that first broom lesson. Your face was too confused."

"I'm a very convincing actress."

Draco shook his head while Ginny shrugged.

"Oh, I'd love to see you get on," Ginny imitated him.

"Why you little sneak! You were corrupted to begin with."

"Oh, ho, you have NO idea," Ginny grinned.

Draco went to say something but she silenced him with the tip of her index finger, which he gently nibbled on. She leaned forward and tenderly kissed his lips.

"I'm now Mrs. Ginevra Molly Weasley Malfoy."

Draco closed his eyes as if savoring her words. "You have no idea how good that sounds."

"Well Mr. Malfoy, what do you say on making it really permanent and skip this party," Ginny said wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

Draco jerked her towards him and growled. Within seconds they were in Draco's hotel room.

"How do you do that without me being aware of it first?"

"I have my ways," he said breathlessly as he flipped her white handkerchief designed dress over her head. "I love your body."

Draco groaned as she felt her hands slide down his backside, cupping him, pushing him firmly against her middle.

"Ow, ow, Draco that hurts," Ginny cried out suddenly.

He pulled back, breathing heavily and looking confused. "I didn't do anything," he said and began suckling the base of her neck again.

"Ow! Stop, stop it!" Ginny screamed and pushed him away.

He fell over the corner of the bed, slipping onto the floor. "What the-oh you've got to be kidding me," Draco groaned as it dawned on him.

"It's from the potion isn't it?"

"I guess I get to suffer through the whole nine months," Draco growled. "Damnit! I bloody look at you at I feel like I'm going to explode in my pants like a school boy. I don't know if I can handle not having you for so long."

"Three months," Ginny whispered softly.

Draco lifted his head up. "What?"

"Your father-he said it would only take three months for the baby because of what happen I guess."

"Oh, thank Merlin," he said as if he were in pain. "It's still going to be like hell."

"You've never been to hell."

"Pretty damn close with what you put me through kitten," he grinned teasingly up at her.

"You know you love me!"

Draco smirked at her and lifted himself up off the ground with ease. He sauntered over to the bed and plopped down, resting against the headboard. He patted the seat next to him. Ginny, ignoring his hand, sat in his lap.

Draco instantly stiffened. "Gin-I'm still really turned on, please just sit on the bed."

Ginny pouted and scooted off. "Will you still hold me though?"

"Of course."

"So, we're having a baby girl?"

"Or perhaps a boy and a girl," Draco whispered snickering at her gasp.

Ginny shook her head. "Twins?"

"It's your generation to have them isn't it? An eighty percent chance right?"

Ginny placed her hand on her stomach. "Twins," she squeaked.

Draco threw his head back in laughter and hugged her tightly to his side.

He finally knew where he belonged, in Ginny's arms.

To Be Continued…

If you're noticing the chapters becoming shorter and faster, it's because they are. I'm excited to end this…to be done with it. I loved writing it, but I'm dragging it out way to much. I've lost all ideas for this story and that is a definite sign that it needs to end. Luckily there is only one more chapter left, followed by an epilogue and then it will be done. Yay! ~Aya