Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Day Without Rain by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Day Without Rain

gypsybaby21

Epilogue: When You Walked Into My Life

****Four in a half years later

"Mummy watch me!" Grace cried out as she ran along the beach, waves crashing into her tiny bare feet.

"I'm watching baby," Ginny called sighing heavily.

If only Draco could be here, then this day would really be complete. Ginny knew that she would never get over the fact that he left her for a younger woman and she has to say she wasn't to angry with him because of how much he gave her Just kidding! Gotcha. I hate sad endings; anybody who actually reads my crap knows that. Here's the real thing!!!!

…………………………………

Author Note: The big chunks of words in italics are flashbacks from Knock on the Sky.

Epilogue:

****Four in a half years later

"Mummy, Daddy, watch me!" Grace cried out as she ran along the beach, waves crashing into her tiny bare feet.

"We're watching baby," Ginny called sighing heavily as she linked her arm with her husbands. Ginny laughed out loud as Grace screamed and ran back up towards the shore as the waves got a little higher. "Oh look, Draco!" She pointed happily.

Draco smiled at his daughter and turned to stare at his wife. He leaned forward and placed his forehead against the side of her face. "Thank you," he whispered.

Ginny gave him a confused, crooked smile. "For?"

"For giving me Grace, for giving me a son, for letting me have you."

Ginny turned and cupped his face on either side roughly. She bent down, gave him a quick hard kiss, and pulled away, leaning her forehead against his. "My pleasure."

"Have you thought of any names yet?"

"Well, I was thinking Ronald-"

Draco snorted. "You're kidding right?"

Ginny bowed her head, and turned her back against him so that she could rest it against his bare chest. "No. Don't you remember?"

Draco closed his eyes, oh how he remembered that day.

"Ginny, you can't have feelings for something like that!"

Ginny gave him a solemn look. "He's not an 'it' Ron. When are you going to grow up, huh? When are both of you going to realize that you don't have to fight all the time?" she directed at both of them.

"He needs to grow up too, Ginny."

She shook her head. "No, Ron, he is grown up, because he didn't swing back at you! It takes a man, to not swing in a fight when he's being beaten down, it takes a man to look the enemy in the eye and say 'you're not worth it, I won't fight you.' "

"I'm not worth it?" Ron yelled and his eyes blazed. "Oh, would you choose him over your own brother."

Draco sucked in his breath. "That's not what I want, I-"

"Shut-up, Malfoy!"

"Don't talk to him like that! Only I can talk to him like that!" Ginny finally started yelling.

"Hey!" Draco started.

"Shut-up," she yelled then returned a surprise stare toward her brother. "Are you giving me an ultimatum?"

Ron pursed his lips. "What if I was? What would you do?"

Tears filled Ginny's eyes. "I would choose my brother, but my respect for you would be non-existent if you made me give up the one person that I truly-that I-" she stopped and turned her head away from them.

"That you what?" Ron gritted out.

Ginny took in a shuddering breath refusing too look at Draco. "That I love, with all my heart," finally she brought her eyes to Draco's face.

He was staring at her in shock.

"I-I love him."

They had whispered words of love during their lovemaking and few times before, but they hadn't meant anything really. This felt different to Draco, perhaps it was because he could see the devotion in her eyes, or it may have been the way her body leaned towards his direction unintentionally.

He let out an irregular breath as he shook his head. "No! He's right, you can't love someone like me!"

"But I can, and I do, and I'm sorry if that makes you feel uncomfortable. I don't expect you to give anything in return! Don't feel obligated to say anything back, I just wanted you to know, that you are a person that can be loved, despite your past," her voice cracked as she went closer to him.

Draco glared. "You don't know what you're saying," his voice trembled.

"Ginny," Ron called.

She turned slowly.

"Tell me you love him again, so I can see your face," Ron insisted.

She gave him a questioning look.

"Gin, just do it."

"I love him."

Ron stared at her face and sighed after two minutes, as if he saw what he didn't want to see. He gave his head a shake. "Damn! Okay, I'll stop."

Ginny turned her head and looked at him. "What?"

"I won't make you choose. I can see it plainly on your face that you love him. I understand. I'll back away, but I refuse to back fully out!"

She shook her head and gave a laugh. "I would never, ever, want you to!"

Draco nodded. "If it wasn't for him-"

"I never would have told you I loved you."

Draco sighed heavily, placing a small kiss against her shoulders. "Does it have to be his first name? How about his middle name?"

Ginny jerked forward and turned in his arms. "Draco! Do you even know what his middle name is?"

Ginny smiled as Grace tried desperately to jump higher than the waves.

Draco cringed. "That bad huh?"

Ginny rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out as if she were dead. "Way worse."

"I love you."

"I love you too. When do we need to be back for you Mum and Dad's dinner party?"

Grace moved away from the edge of the beach, sat down, and took out her sand castle kit.

"Mmm, tomorrow. I wish we could just stay here though. I never really liked it all that much until I brought you here that summer we ran away together. Now I just never want to leave. -Ginny, I have something for you."

Ginny dropped her head down onto his shoulder. "What's the occasion?"

"No occasion-but maybe we can have hot, animal sex tonight for my gift?"

"Are you saying I have to give you something in return?"

"No, that was more of a hopeful need. I mean, the healer did say we could start having it again today right? That it wouldn't hurt the baby?"

Ginny bit her bottom and chuckled. "That she did."

Draco shivered causing his newly found erection to bump up against her back side. Ginny gasped. "You don't waste any time do you?"

Draco snorted. "I have been going insane from not being able to be inside you."

"Okay, what's my gift?"

"Patience is virtue love-okay here. I hope you like it."

Ginny gasped. "Oh Draco, how were you ever able to do this?"

She laughed happily as she flipped through almost every pivotal moment in their lives. The first broom lesson, the first kiss, their escape vacation flying off into the sunset, Grace-"Hey, I don't remember this picture."

Draco looked down and saw Grace and Ginny skipping ahead of him with ice cream cones in their hands. Draco smiling at their backs-he remembered that day, so clearly. The day that Ginny's dream Grace, their dream daughter, was to return to Ginny's belly. That had been one of the happiest days of his life.

"I'll tell you about it later."

"How did you get these?"

Draco smiled and smoothed her wild, wind blown hair aside. "Colin Creevey took the earlier ones, and then about four in a half years ago-the day before you had Grace I ran into him and he told me."

"Why didn't you give it to me earlier though?"

"I wanted to fill the pages," he whispered leaning down to kiss her neck.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Grace finished her broken sand castle and laid down next to it, placing her hands behind her head and turning her face up to the sun.

"So, how's Daddy's muggle business going?"

Draco smiled. "Really well, triple the amount that I thought it would. I'm glad I lent him that money. I still wish he had taken it as a gift; it was nothing but chunk change starting it up. I wish you're brothers were more like that."

"Fred and George keeping all the money from you?" Ginny grinned. "What do you care you filthy rich."

"I never should have helped them out-with the way things are going they're going to be richer than I am. And we are filthy rich Gin, 'we'."

"So, what do you think about that all family get together in a week?" Ginny asked.

"It's gonna be hell!"

"I know, when was the last time Lucius and my Dad actually discussed the meaning of a rubber ducky. Oh God, do you remember the time Lucius insisted that a hammer would make a better bath toy than a rubber ducky. I couldn't believe-"

The End-obviously

Probably asking why I ended it that way? Well, I wanted it to end on them having a normal conversation instead of sweet sayings to end it. It's normal. I hope everyone enjoyed it and perhaps this chapter made up for the long, long wait. I'm actually kind of sad it's over…hmm that's odd! ~Aya