Unofficial Portkey Archive

No love stories in the kitchen by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

No love stories in the kitchen

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters they are property of JK Rowling.

A/N: Hey, my faithful readers! I'm here again. Sorry if this chapter took me a bit longer than usual. I hope the result will satisfy all of you. Thanks to Cheryl, my wonderful beta, who is helping me to make this one a great story.

Michou: I hope you'll like this one too!

Creepy Susie: Well, I saw PoA again, I must admit that scene was a bit worse than I expected it, but still, it is not so bad as it seemed to me the first time. All the R/hr moments, too, seem more ridiculous when you see them again. Things between Harry and Hermione will go even better, read this one to find out!

Hermionegranger: I think they are going to, yes.

Babyhalo: It's not a problem, I hope you'll like this one too.

Davaca: Sorry for the cliffies, but they are not bad as in many other stories…however, no, since the moment Harry scolded Draco for really damaging the "Garage" I'm going on my own way, since I was not able to see the ending of the TV show. However, I think it went more or less in this way.

KypDurron: That's a secret, you'll see soon enough!

Fire Gazer: Yes, Draco/Cho is new. But I liked the idea, and my beta helped me going with it in a nice way.

ShootingStar: Well, Hermione will try to not let him. But…read and find out!

Chapter Ten

"Love"

Harry smiled with uncertainty. He knew he was taking a risk coming here, but he needed to at least try to resolve things with Hermione. She was all that mattered in his life. Some moments later they remained staring at each other awkwardly.

"May I come in?" Harry politely asked finally breaking the silence.

"What do you want?" Hermione sternly replied determined to hide her emotions. She wanted to keep her expression neutral. Harry had hurt her so much. Even though deep in her heart she loved him, Hermione was still offended by his chauvinistic remarks.

"I need to speak with you if you will let me," he replied. In his mind, Harry had envisioned a warmer welcome but he sadly understood her coldness. Hermione's aloofness was going to make what he had to say even harder.

"Fine. I am busy. You have ten minutes not one minute more," Hermione informed opening the door wider to let Harry enter.

Harry followed her to a table strewn with paperwork and sat down. Glancing around he noticed her friends; they were either staring or glaring at him.

"I wonder what he is doing here?" Ginny whispered to Lavender, "He better not hurt Hermione again, she has already suffered enough because of him." Lavender only nodded to Ginny's comment as she pretended to look busy.

Harry frowned. He needed to speak with Hermione privately not with all her friends glaring at him. "He-Hermione…may I speak with you alone?" he nervously asked as he surveyed her companions.

She nodded. "Guys, please, do you mind moving to the kitchen, I'll join you shortly," she requested. Harry couldn't help but wince at the scathing looks cast his way as the partners reluctantly shuffled their way to the kitchen to give the pair some privacy.

Finally alone, Harry found himself at a loss for words. He had run his prepared speech over and over in his mind on the way over here, but now, seeing Hermione act so coldly towards him, he was questioning whether this had been a good idea. Harry had almost lost his nerve, when ultimately; he summoned the courage to speak. "First of all, I want to apologize. I reacted like a jerk, that morning…" he started.

"That's an understatement," Hermione interrupted.

"I know, and you have every right to be angry. However, what sent me over the edge was not the fact you are a chef. I mean, I wish you were an art student as you had originally claimed, but the real problem was the fact that you had been lying to me and continued to lie after…I told you…" he started to falter.

"I had to…at first I wanted to get to know you, and then I was afraid of losing you. Irrational as it was, it was how I was thinking. I admit that I was wrong and I was intended to tell you the truth that morning. But, you're reaction was…you offended me very much," she explained attempting to hold her composure.

"You're right, and that is why I'm here now. I apologize. You are the only person that brings meaning in my life," Harry proclaimed. Hermione's eyes softened a little at his words.

"I hope some day you will forgive me, I had to try. I came here because I don't want to spend another minute without you, Hermione. These last three months since we've been apart, I realised what is really important. Thinking I was better off without you was futile. Sacrificing my happiness…your love to keep the `Garden' open was not wise. I quickly learned that success is fleeting and there are far more important things in life, you are important to my life…I just pray I'm not too late." revealed Harry as he looked deeply into Hermione's eyes, hoping beyond hope that she understood his feelings.

Hermione's eyes were watering, but she tried to steady her façade. "This is all you have to say? Your time is up," she announced her resolve quickly crumbling. She was fighting the urge to launch herself to his neck and kiss him - he had just said what she longed to hear.

"No, that's not all I have to say. Just one more thing," he said as he closed the space between them. "I love you, Hermione," he whispered softly before kissing her fully. Hermione's heart was jumping in her chest with happiness at Harry's heartfelt declaration of love. She responded passionately to his kiss. Their tongues were battling furiously with a sense of finally returning home after a long journey.

From the kitchen, Ginny and Lavender had been eavesdropping on the conversation and when Harry kissed her, they sighed contentedly. "I hope this time there will be no misunderstandings," Lavender whispered to Ginny.

The redheaded nodded. "Yeah, Hermione deserves nothing less," she confirmed wiping a tear from her eye.

"So, what are our lovebirds doing?" George asked.

"Don't you dare say a word neither you nor Fred; your interference was part of their troubles," Ginny hissed menacingly. The two times Harry had searched for Hermione and the twins had said nothing was a fact now well known by all the staff and was not easily forgiven. The two redheads knew better than to make their little sister angry, so they dropped the matter. Ron chuckled. He was happy that even in the absence of their mother someone was able to keep his prankster brothers at bay.

Meanwhile, Hermione and Harry were still snogging. When they parted Hermione was smiling broadly as was Harry.

"Well…Harry, I'm sorry, but I really do have to go. The meals are not going to cook themselves," she said attempting a joke.

"I understand. I was a chef, too, remember?" he replied.

"What do you mean `was'?" she asked.

"That is something we can talk about later, luv. Now, go. We don't want to make your customers unhappy now, do we?" he teased kissing her on the cheek as he stood to leave. "May I come back later? When do you close the restaurant?" he asked caressing the spot on her cheek he had just kissed.

"Half past midnight," she sighed closing time could not come soon enough. After Harry left Hermione sighed again slowly making her way to the kitchen.

"You will not believe what just happened," Hermione said breathlessly.

"Oh, I think we can hazard a guess," Lavender voiced grinning. Ginny was also beaming at her friend.

"You were eavesdropping on us! That was a private conversation!" Hermione yelled trying to sound affronted, while changing into her chef's uniform. However, she wasn't angry she was euphoric.

"Okay, okay, we're sorry, but we were concerned…and well…curious. By the way, that man is clearly head over heels in love with you, Hermione," Ginny said winking.

"I know. The feeling is mutual." Hermione shared her eyes sparkling.

Finding herself in a much better mood than the previous few months Hermione started the evening's preparations. She smiled as it dawned on her, she didn't have to choose between love and career. Happiness was in her grasp; maybe she could have it all.

***

At the same time, Draco was idly sitting on his couch sipping at his drink absentmindedly. Earlier, Harry informed him of the breaking of the business arrangement with Mr. Chang. Draco was now pondering his future.

He suspected that Harry was, right now, trying to regain the love of Hermione. Draco sincerely hoped his friend was successful. As for himself…he was still unsure of what to do. The woman of his dreams was probably by now in Switzerland. He was newly unemployed…his life couldn't get any worse.

In that exact moment, his doorbell rang. `Who the hell could that be?' he thought. He reluctantly opened the door and the sight before him made his jaw drop.

It was Cho.

"Cho? What are you doing here? I thought you'd be in Geneva by now," he said dumbfounded.

"I thought that Geneva could wait a little longer. I believe we have some unfinished business," she stated seductively.

Draco continued staring at her. It was a very hot day and Cho was dressed in a yellow floral sundress and very nice sandals. The short sundress barely reached her knees exposing her long sultry legs. She was a vision.

"Will you let me in, or are you going to keep me on your threshold?" she inquired with a smile. Draco moved quickly aside allowing her to enter.

Cho sat on the couch and patted the spot beside her, signalling to him where she wanted him to sit. Draco obliged still stunned by her sudden appearance.

"So…I heard, Harry had the stones to break the contracts with my father. About bloody time someone put that cold-hearted megalomaniac in his place. I'm sure Harry will bounce back…start over he is famous after all." announced Cho as she turned to face Draco, "What are you planning to do, now?"

"I really don't know. I was deciding what I should do just before you arrived," Draco honestly replied.

Her eyes lit up. She inched closer to him leaning her head on his shoulder. He instinctively sneaked one arm around her waist holding her there. She smiled. They sat that way for some time, until she spoke again. "Will you come to Geneva with me?" she suggested.

Draco gazed into her hopeful eyes. `Was she asking what I think she's asking?' he questioned to himself, `I hope so,' "Why would you want me to come with you?" he asked.

Closing the gap between them, Cho responded with a tender kiss. When Draco didn't resist, she deepened the kiss. Soon she was seeking entrance to his beautiful mouth. Cho was pouring all her passion into this moment hoping that her obvious desire was answering his question. Draco was pleasantly surprised and opened his mouth welcoming her. His other hand cupped her cheek as the hand around her waist pulled her closer. Lost in the sensations it was a while before they parted. Cho softly confessed, "That is why," she closed her eyes and snuggled even closer to him, "Draco…I think…No…I know that I'm in love with you."

"Me too, Cho, me too," Draco said as his heart sang out at her confession, "for a while now."

Cho broke away to look into grey-blue eyes so full of love, "Why didn't you say anything sooner?"

"You were with Harry…and then you were leaving…It didn't seem right to feel that way…for you." Draco tried to explain.

"I'm happy I found out," simply stated Cho as she moved in for another kiss.

There was so much they needed to work out still, but tonight was about feeling. Draco scooped Cho up in his arms; his eyes again searching hers in one last question for reassurance. She nodded and he new she was his. Draco carefully carried her to his bedroom where she remained with him all the night. Together they made love and for the first time they both felt complete.