Unofficial Portkey Archive

No love stories in the kitchen by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

No love stories in the kitchen

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters; they are property of JK Rowling.

A/N: Finally I have a beta! It's Cheryl, so if you find this chapter is much better than the previous, great part of the merit is hers!

Dolphingurl: He will find out, be patient…*winks*

Davaca: I know, in fact I don't think I'll write other fics without magic…

Readinggirl: I hope you'll like this chapter then!!

Fire Gazer: Yeah, a little cliffhanger every now and then can't be bad…

Akjennymay9: Thanks, Cheryl gently offered herself to be my beta, so now she helps me.

Michou: Yes, he will know in due time.

Babyhalo19: No, I'm Italian, so English is not my first language.

Chapter Six

"Fighting"

Next morning, Hermione read in the newspaper something shocking.

Orange flowers in the "Garden"

By Rita Skeeters

The famous chef Harry Potter has finally decided to make eternal his love for the respectable Cho Chang, daughter of one of the biggest frozen food producers in Europe. The young couple is to be wed in a few months time.

We all expected, as the couple have been together for a year now, that an engagement was eminent. Finally the awaited moment has arrived. The affection they often publicly shared, led many of us to believe their relationship would lead to marriage.

I am personally very happy for our beloved chef, who makes all of us proud of being Londoners. He deserves his happiness, and who better for him than the daughter of a great industrialist?

The wedding is planned for June, and there will be a huge crowd of guests, as the engaged couple are two of the most famous young people in the country. It is certain that many celebrities will attend the anticipated nuptials.

Hermione read through the article in disbelief, her heart plummeting into her stomach. She really hadn't anticipated an engagement. Finally, she threw the whole newspaper in the trash. Succumbing to the sadness Hermione allowed the tears she had been holding back to flow freely.

Ginny tried to comfort her as best as she could, but Hermione simply kept crying.

***

That same morning, her father called her on the mobile. It rang a long time, before Harry picked it up and answered.

"Hello?" he said sleepily.

"Hello, may I speak with Hermione?" Robert asked.

"With who?" Harry retorted, with his head still spinning from the hangover, he closed the phone.

Robert called back with the same result.

Robert's third attempt was no better.

***

Meanwhile, Hermione though still distraught calmed down and pulled her self together. She had no tears left; she had cried herself out, over a man who didn't even know who she really was. Hermione had a long hard day to face; she forced herself to get ready. Reaching for her mobile to make a few calls, she discovered it was missing. A cold chill ran down her spine as she remembered where she left it.

Just when Harry was going to fall asleep again, Hermione called her mobile.

"Hello…I accidentally left my mobile at your flat, how can I retrieve it?" Hermione politely asked.

"What? You left your mobile in my flat?" Harry asked, still confused. He had not recognized her voice.

"Yes, I did," Hermione replied.

"Listen, I don't know who you are or what had happened last night between us, but if you're trying to blackmail me…" he retorted.

"Blackmail you? Please, the only thing I want from you is my mobile back." Hermione pleaded.

After a little pause, Harry agreed to leave the phone at the reception.

Harry staggered out of bed, intent on a nice hot shower. He noticed the word "TUNA" in big red letters written across his buttocks reflecting back at him in the bathroom mirror. Suddenly he was shocked awake. He charged into the shower like a bull whom had been taunted by something red. Harry violently scrubbed the offending word from is body completing his shower and dressing quickly. Still in a rage he stormed out of his flat to the "Garden" nearly knocking out three waiters before kicking Draco's office door open.

"Harry, the press is here. Where have you been? You're late for the interview," Draco stated, trying to drag him toward the pressroom.

"I'm NOT going in there. I've come to tell you that I will not do this anymore. People are…they…I'm being called TUNA!!!" Harry bellowed.

"And who has been calling you that?" Draco asked desperately trying not the smirk.

"That's not important. Someone did. I'm going home to sleep now," stated Harry.

In that moment, Hermione's mobile rang. Harry answered.

"You didn't leave my mobile at the reception. Where can we meet so you can give it back to me?" Hermione asked, quite upset.

"Meet me in the bar in front of the National Museum in twenty minutes," Harry replied, leaving without another word to Draco.

***

Twenty minutes later, Harry was seated at a table in the bar. Hermione arrived and spotted him.

"Can you give me my mobile?" she asked when she reached him.

"Of course I…" Harry started, but then he lifted his eyes to look at her.

"Electra! Is really you?" he asked, completely surprised.

"Yes, why are you so surprised?" she replied, quite harshly.

"But…this can't be true. Your dorm-mates…they told me you were dead." Harry whispered staring directly at Hermione in wonder.

"Dead? Oh, please, find another excuse-" Hermione was really upset now. Who did he think he was? Did he really think she'd buy that pathetic excuse?

"Excuse for what?" Harry angrily interrupted. Why did this girl think he needed any excuse?

"For not calling me in almost four weeks!" she shouted.

"I was in Japan!" Harry yelled back.

"In Japan? And why?" Hermione asked

"Because my girlfriend's father wanted to have some promos for his products there, and I had to go and do that!" replied Harry exasperated.

"And in the meanwhile, you proposed her." she finished sarcastically.

"Actually, she asked me. I can't break up her or her father will pull his financial support of my restaurant. In truth, she means nothing to me," he explained rather deadpanned, "However, when I returned I did go to your dorm looking for you; but like I said before your dorm-mates told me you were dead."

"And which of my so-called dorm-mates said that?" she asked, she was still sceptical.

"Well…I don't know them by name, but they are twins, red-hair and freckles…" Harry answered.

Hermione's expression changed from affronted to ready to kill. Fred and George would be facing her wrath later.

For the moment Hermione focused her attention on Harry. Yes, he was engaged and yes, she too had lied to him, but she was drawn to him. She could not control herself; she had to be near him. Smiling she joined him at table.

She looked into expectant green-eyes and started her confession, "Harry…I've lied to you too…my name is not Electra…its Hermione." She waited anxiously for his response.

Harry was a little taken aback. He recovered quickly and stated firmly, "It doesn't matter. I don't think I can live without you. After all, I've told a lie or two in my life too."

For sometime they just sat there gazing at each other, occasionally sipping from their drinks. Slowly they started talking. Soon they were laughing and sharing anecdotes from each other's lives, their respective commitments for the day completely forgotten.

It was rather late when Harry suggested that Hermione go home with him. Her brain told her no, but heart readily agreed.

***

Harry closed the door behind him. He stood there admiring the amazing women before him and it hit him, "I love you," he blurted out.

Hermione looked a little shocked, "I love you too," she replied slowing moving into Harry's embrace.

"I want to show you how much," whispered Harry. Hermione nodded as their lips met in an all too intoxicating kiss. And he loved her and loved her some more. They were still naked in bed, snuggled close to each other, when the jingling of keys opening the door startled them.

On the other side the door were Draco and Cho.