Unofficial Portkey Archive

No love stories in the kitchen by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

No love stories in the kitchen

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own nobody of the characters, they are property of JK Rowling.

A/N: Hello, my readers and reviewers and thanks for the trust you give me reading my story!!

Akjennymay9: I know this is a little silly, but I liked the fiction on the TV and so I thought to make a H/Hr version of it…

Spaz141: Thanks for the compliments, however I don't think Harry has to be older than Hermione

Creepy Susie: I don't know "Jamie's Kitchen" so I don't know…however, I agree that Robert had not been a good father in this case…

Readinggirl: Thanks for your praise!!

Babyhalo19: On the grammar I can agree with you, on the plot, I don't like Robert this way, too, but I'm following the plot of the fiction I saw on the TV…so he must be this way.

Jack Ryan: Thanks for the suggestion!

Hermione Graner Potter: I'm happy you liked it.

HnH4EvA19: Yeah, I think she has to fight for her dreams…

Anonimous: No, there is no magic in this story.

Muirnin: First, I want to tell you your stories are really good. Then, there is no magic here, sorry for that…

Chapter Two

"London, first contact"

Robert forced the door open, and saw that the room was empty. All was in perfect order, but there was not sign of Hermione.

He was shocked for a moment before understanding what had happened. He found a letter on the pillow, so he opened it and read it.

Dear Mum,

I've followed your advice, and now I'm travelling toward London.

Kisses,

Hermione

Robert was furious, so dismissed Eric and went to the kitchen where his wife was.

"Anne, Hermione is gone. She left this letter" he said, angrily.

She read the short message, and fought the urge to smile. It would haven't been good in front of Robert.

"Well, you should have not read it. There was written "For Mum" on the envelope" she retorted, not caring about her husband's anger.

Robert headed toward the phone and called Hermione on her mobile. It rang many times, before she answered.

"Hermione, where are you?" he yelled

"I'm on a taxi in London, Dad. As I said yesterday, I'm of age now, so you can't stop me" she said matter-of-factly.

"You must come back now!" he shouted again, but she didn't care and closed the conversation.

***

Hermione arrived at the "Garden" and asked for knowing where to go. She was led to a changing room, then to the kitchen. Here there was an head, named Severus Snape.

He was a greasy person, very strict and very little friendly.

"Go there to pluck the potatoes" he growled.

"There is a mistake, I'm Harry Potter's help" she said innocently.

"If you don't go to pluck those potatoes, I'll kick your arse to get you out of there" Snape hissed.

Hermione surrendered and started plucking the potatoes. Then she did the same with the tomatoes.

"If I knew this was what I would have done here, I would have remained home" she thought.

However, in that hard day, she had been able to make friends with a red haired boy, named Ron Weasley. He after work led her to a dorm where his sister, Ginny Weasley, his twins George and Fred and another girl, Lavender Brown, lived with him. They too were apprentices at the "Garden", but in different sections.

They assigned her a bed in the girls' room, then they explained her about the school.

"School?" she asked, surprised.

"Well, yes. In the morning we go to the school, the "Haute Cuisine Academy of London", of course. We all have to go there, if we want to be great chefs" Ginny said, excited.

"Of course, to attend the school you must be registered, paying the rate" George added.

Hermione saddened. She had not the money to attend the school. However, she was a smart girl, and she was sure she would find a solution.

***

Next morning, she started to work in the academy as a caretaker, and in this way she was able to overhear the lessons. She also looked at them, being careful to not being seen. She knew that it was not really regular, but that was the only way she could hear the lessons, for the moment.

After school, she headed to the "Garden" with the others, and started again doing humble works.

She had to move the salad from the van in which it had arrived to the kitchen. She took three baskets of salad, and walked toward the kitchen, till…

CRASH!!

She hit another young worker.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean it. However, you could have been more attentive" she said.

"I? You should have been more attentive!!" he replied, then added: "Are you new here?"

She nodded.

"I saw that. You have entered the patisserie. Quick, pick up that salad if you don't want a fine"

"A fine?" she asked, disbelieving. "But we are not paid here!"

"Yeah, but Snape is very strict. If you make something fall, he gives you a fine" the young man said, walking away.

She started picking up salad when Snape arrived.

"Fine!" he growled.

"But I…" she rambled.

"I said fine!" Snape shouted, and signed it on a notes, walking away.

She mimicked his expression, while finishing the work, then she burst in a fit of giggles, despite the anger she was feeling.

***

Days were passing slowly, she was always working hard and with no wage in the "Garden" and overhearing lessons at school. She wasn't happy, but she was determined to don't give up.

Finally, one day, she saw Harry Potter entering the kitchen, but he didn't pass near them. She sighed.

The only thing she was happy there was the friendship with her dorm mates, especially Ginny and Lavender. But those two were also the reason she had not given up yet. They continued encouraging her, giving her the strength to go on.

Few days later, she had the chance to meet Potter. He had passed near her, giving her a nod, as to all the other trainees. It was enough for now for her.

One afternoon, she returned home really knackered and crashed on her bed. Ginny and Lavender started talking with her about a party they were going, and invited her to go, too. She tried to refuse, but at the end she had let the two girls to convince her.

She was dressed in a red dress with spaghetti straps, that fitted her very well, exalting her gorgeous body. Lavender had lent it to her.

She was wandering in the hall, not really wanting to dance, when she heard some noise. Harry Potter had arrived at the party.

Few minutes later, she was looking at Lavender and Ginny enjoying their selves, dancing with Ron and another boy she didn't know when she was tapped on the shoulder.

"May I have this dance, miss?"

She turned and nearly passed out. She really didn't expect that.

Harry Potter had asked her to dance.