Unofficial Portkey Archive

No love stories in the kitchen by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

No love stories in the kitchen

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own nobody of the characters, they are property of JK Rowling.

A/N: Thank you my faithful readers and reviewers, I am really happy for your support.

Muirnin: No, he definitely won't like it. But we have a long journey before he finds out. Not too long, though.

Babyhalo19: Thanks!

HnH4EvA19: Thanks, however he is not joking.

Akjennymay9: Hmm…I can say to you nothing, or I'll spoil the plot…

Creepy Susie: Well, maybe I should have written those conversations. I'll try to do better in future!

Spaz141: Yeah, a lot of things to work out…

Jack Ryan: I'll try to rush less…but it's not simple, as I'm trying to remember what happens in the fiction, and possibly the same words…I'll try though.

Hermione Graner Potter: Even one of the best? I didn't think it could turn out good!

Anonimous: The story would have been quite finished, in that way…

Dolphingurl: Yes, he will find out…but I'm not telling when and how…

Chapter Four

"Troubles"

Few days later, she had still been able to keep her real occupation a secret for Harry. She still had not given him her name or her address when she met him few times, out of the museum, or when he had invited her to dinner.

In the meantime, she had been punished many times by Snape for being late in her turns in the kitchen, and at school she had been caught by the Professor, Chef Dumbledore, eavesdropping.

The old chef had been severe, not allowing her to overhear the lesson.

When she had had to polish the room, she had found a lot of remaining on the table, so she started cooking a plate that her mother had taught her.

Chef Dumbledore had gone to change himself after the lesson, and when he was walking down the corridor to go away, he sensed a very good scent coming from the room of the lesson. He entered to look what was going on, and found Hermione looking at the fruit of her job.

When she saw him, she hurried to throw it away, but the teacher stopped her and tasted the dish.

He found it very good. She tried to convince him to let her attend the lessons, but he was irremovable. She was not registered in the school, so he can't let her attend the lessons.

"Ms. Granger, I'm really sorry, I have just seen you have a good talent in you, but if you're not registered, I can do nothing to help you" had been his last reply, that day.

When she told that to Ginny and Lavender, they said that she had to go on and don't give up, first or later he would be convinced.

Finally, the twins found the solution. They found out something about his past, so proposed her to bring up that speaking with him.

After a long time begging him to help her, she tackled him, approaching him in the park with his dog. She started talking about his rebel behaviour in his youth.

"I'm sure that if you had been a rule breaker in your youth, you still have something of that in you. Please, I really would do everything to have these lessons!" she said.

Finally, he huffed and agreed.

She started having private lessons after the others so she did great progresses.

But if her life was improving in the study area, it was going not so well in the love area.

Yes, she had been out with Harry few other times, but she still was afraid of telling him the truth. He, on the other hand, could not be too obvious as he had an official girlfriend. An imposed one, as he could not break up with Cho without her father stopping to help his restaurant, but still he had one.

In the official occasions he had to appear with Cho, even if he would have preferred to go with Hermione.

Finally, one evening they went out for a date, and Harry asked her name.

She lied.

"My name is Electra" she said. However, this time she let him take her home, at the right address.

"It's a little improvement" she thought. But that was not all for the night.

He kissed her, before letting her go, and she replied fully. Their tongues battled fiercely in each other's mouth for a long time, till they parted for need of air.

When she entered her bed, she was not able to sleep, as he did. They passed the night awake, thinking about the other.

This was only a drop in the Sahara.

Harry had to go and present the frozen food Cho's father produced in Japan. Obviously with Cho.

Hermione didn't know that, so she had been very offended when she didn't hear from him for three weeks.

When Harry returned, he went to Hermione's dorm to speak with her, but she was not there.

Fred opened the door.

"Hi. I'm searching Electra" Harry said politely.

"Electra is dead" Fred and George, who had arrived too, said.

Harry was desperate.

Electra, the girl he was totally in love with, was dead!

He thanked them and ran away, trying to hold the tears.

When Hermione returned the dorm, nobody told her that Harry had searched her.

She continued studying with Chef Dumbledore and being late at the "Garden".

Harry continued not seeing her in the restaurant.

In the meantime, her parents had been reassured constantly by her on how she was doing there, even with some lies. She could not let her father know that he was right and that she was really plucking potatoes.

Hermione had by now become really close friends with Ginny, Lavender, Ron and the twins. The two of them were really pranksters, always making fun of the others, but still they were ready to help if you needed something, so she felt she could rely on her friends in this difficult time of her life.

"Don't worry, you can find a better man than him, I'm sure" Ginny said, trying to cheer her up about her love life.

"I know. But I was really starting to think he liked me, instead…"

For the next week, she always worked hard at school and at the restaurant. She thought about Harry as little as she could, trying to get him out of her system. With not good results, though.

Harry, instead, was doing nothing to forget her. On the contrary, he was always more harsh with Cho, and Draco kept telling him to be careful, because they really needed her father's help.

"He is giving you the chance to keep the "Garden" open. You should be more grateful to him" Draco said

"And for what? For making me have pictures with frozen tuna or making me stick with a girl I don't love?" Harry snapped at him.

"Well, that Electra girl is dead, so you have to forget her" Draco retorted

Harry grabbed Draco on the neck and pushed him on the wall.

"Don't even say that. She is not dead, I know that. I'll found her, soon or later" he hissed menacingly.