Unofficial Portkey Archive

No love stories in the kitchen by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

No love stories in the kitchen

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters they are property of JK Rowling.

A/N: And this is the end, my faithful readers. I hope you'll enjoy this epilogue. Thanks for your reviews, good and bad. They are a great incentive for an author to continue his story. And thanks to Cheryl, my wonderful beta, who helped me to make this story this way. She is really fantastic!

Chapter Fourteen

"Epilogue"

A few months after that glorious day in which Harry and Hermione sealed their everlasting love, their marriage up until now had been bliss with no major spats. The "Garage" was as successful as ever. Harry and Hermione were the happiest of their lives.

However, some inevitable changes were in store for the newly married couple. Hermione had been feeling strange for the last couple of days. She had been excessively tired and well, certain parts of her body were becoming rather tender. She suspected why but was too unsure as to mention anything to Harry though. She did some quick maths in her head she would need to find out for sure.

Fortunately, she and Harry had taken the evening off, as this was their first Valentine's Day as a married couple. Feeling a little light headed she told Harry that she was going home early to rest up and get ready for tonight. Harry gave her a quick wink and a kiss on the cheek, "I'll be round about 7:00pm, okay luv."

"I'll be waiting," responded Hermione seductively.

On the way back to their flat she stopped at the local apothecary and purchased the necessary test kit that would verify her suspicions. Upon returning to the flat, Hermione headed straight for the bathroom. The result was positive. She sat there on the edge of loo tears of joy, fear and excitement streaming down her face. This will be a Valentine's to remember, she mused.

Hermione prepared a quiet dinner for two. She was confident that Harry would be happy about the news, but still she felt nervous. They had talked about this it was just coming on a little sooner than discussed.

She was setting the table when she heard the key in the door. She hastily finished arranging Harry's plate and ran to greet her husband at the door. Hermione welcomed Harry with a very tender kiss. Harry closed the door and kissed his wife again, this time more heatedly. He started to lead her to their bedroom not breaking their kiss. . Finally Hermione decided to stop him.

"Harry, please…if you continue, I don't think we'll be able to stop. Our dinner is still in the oven…" she said pushing him away, albeit reluctantly. They had been married for almost four months now and with every day their passion increased even more.

Begrudgingly, Harry stopped and took his wife's hand. Together they headed to the kitchen and finished cooking their meal. "You go sit down. I'll bring out the meal," ordered Hermione, her nervousness returning again.

Harry sat at the table as instructed and picked up the serviette resting on his plate. A white stick fell out. He gazed up at a very nervous Hermione, confusion written all over his face, "What's this Hermione?"

"Happy Valentine's Day Harry." was all she could say.

Harry looked back down at the white stick in his hands. He noticed the two pink lines and it finally dawned on him. Harry then returned his back to Hermione, his eyes searching hers for confirmation, "You're…"

Mustering all her courage, Hermione left out a deep breath, "Yes Harry, we're going to have a baby." tears of happiness once again leaking from her eyes.

Harry was shocked and then elated, he had dreamed of having a family with Hermione. His dream was coming true. Huge burst happiness exploded in him. He leapt up from the table and gathered Hermione up in his arms swinging her around as he too wept with tears of happiness. After a tight squeeze he gently set her down and whispered softly, "That's wonderful, luv. How long have you known?"

"I…I just did the test today. I had been feeling a little off the last two or three days and only this afternoon did I realise I was late." she explained.

"So…how far along…when do you think…?" Harry asked holding Hermione close to him, her head resting comfortably on his chest.

Hermione turned her head to look up at him a shy grin on her face, "New Year's."

Harry blushed slightly as he fondly remembered that day…and night.

They seated themselves at the table to finish their dinner. Then Harry and Hermione retired to their living room to watch a DVD. Hermione snuggled next to Harry both of them full of excitement on their pending parenthood. "Thank you Hermione…for making this the best Valentine's Day of my life." said Harry as he gently ran his hand over Hermione's still flat stomach.

*

Obviously, Anne and Robert were informed the next day. Robert took the call.

"Hey Hermione. How are things?" he asked.

"Well, Dad, they couldn't be better. Actually, I'm calling to give you and Mum some wonderful news. The two of you are going to be grandparents!"

"You're pregnant?" Robert asked.

"Yes, I am, Dad! I and Harry are very excited about this!"

"Oh sweetheart, that's wonderful news! Just wait until your mother hears this! I'm beside myself…my little girl is going to be a mother…" Robert said, complimenting his daughter. A tear sneaked its way down his cheek.

***

Harry and Hermione had decided to keep their happy news quiet for now.

Things had been a bit hectic at the "Garage" and Harry's sudden over protectiveness of Hermione was not going unnoticed. As Hermione's pregnancy progressed it was getting harder and harder to keeps things a secret. The all too intuitive Ginny finally asked Hermione outright, "What's going on Hermione? You sprogged up or something?"

Hermione looked to Harry, "We should tell them, luv." said Harry.

"Yes Ginny I'm pregnant."

Ginny let out her now trademark squeal and Lavender quickly joined her upon hearing the news. The squealing caught the twins' attention and they joked about the fact that Harry and Hermione's "son" was destined to be a very skilled chef with two parents like them.

"When are you due?" inquired Lavender.

"October 8th." Hermione happily replied.

*

Harry and Hermione were discussing who the godparents were going to be and Harry was having a difficult time deciding. He wanted to make Draco the godfather to their baby, but wasn't really keen on having Cho as the godmother. Thankfully Hermione had an open mind and was willing to discuss all their choices.

Draco had proposed to Cho the night of Harry and Hermione's wedding and they were set to marry in two weeks. They had recently moved from Geneva to Paris as Draco was managing Cedric Diggory's restaurant, which was doing quite well. Harry was concerned about Draco living so far away.

Finally, Harry and Hermione decided. Draco and Lavender would be their child's godparents. Harry called Draco to tell him the news.

"Hey Harry!" Draco replied on his mobile.

"Hey Draco. Ready to take the big step, are you?" Harry asked.

"You can bet on that. So, what can I do for you, mate?"

"See, Draco, I and Hermione are going to have a baby…and we want to make you the godfather. Lavender is going to be the godmother. What do you say?"

"Harry! Congratulations mate. That sure was fast. Godfather…I'd be honoured." replied Draco sincerely.

"Brilliant." responded Harry, "See you next week mate."

***

As time passed slowly Hermione's pregnancy started to show. All too soon the story hit the newspapers.

Potter and Granger Expecting First Child

By Rita Skeeters

Newlywed and famous chefs, Harry Potter and Hermione Granger, recent co-winners of the Golden Fork award are expecting their first child in early autumn. The couple, head chefs of the famed "Garage", the most popular restaurant in Britain and one of the top eateries in Europe, have decided to not find out the sex of their pending bundle of joy.

Inside sources reveal that Ms. Granger will be taking a short maternity leave relinquishing the restaurant's culinary duties in the capable hands of her husband.

This reporter would like to be the first to wish the Potters a safe and easy delivery.

Hermione read the article and was quite upset. She wondered why other people found the particulars of their life so interesting. Harry had become used to the media coverage and simply shrugged it off. He brought Hermione a mug of coffee and pancakes with jam to her, in bed. It was a ritual that he wanted to keep up until the birth of their "son" at least. He enjoyed having breakfast in bed with her, reading the newspaper or watching the telly while snuggling close.

***

Finally, October arrived. The baby was due any day now. Hermione's hospital suitcase was packed and at the ready.

Harry worked as little as possible at the restaurant, leaving it in the competent hands of their partners. He really couldn't bear to be away from his wife in case she needed something.

As the due date drew near, Hermione became more irritable. Her back was soar and her ankles were swollen and the heavy weight of the baby resting in her pelvis signalled that the baby was getting ready to make an appearance.

However, babies have their own timetable and cannot be rushed. Sometimes, destiny is full of surprises. The due date came and went and Hermione was starting to go out of her mind. The waiting and anticipation was getting to her.

Then one night, Hermione rolled over and was awakened by a gush of fluid rushing between her legs. All too suddenly she was in the worst pain of her life. Nudging Harry she gasped, "Harry! Its time!"

Harry immediately jumped up from his slumber, quickly grabbed the suitcase and helped Hermione to the car. About every two minutes Hermione would scream and then clutching her belly she would try to do her breathing exercises. Harry was trying not to panic but every scream made him drive a little faster. Finally they arrived at the hospital as Hermione was taken to labour and delivery Harry made sure that his arrangements for a private room were in place. Fame and celebrity did have some advantages.

Harry joined Hermione in the birthing room. The midwife examining Hermione indicated that it was probably going to be a fast delivery, maybe two-three hours. She was already five centimetres when they arrived.

Harry did his job well; he rubbed Hermione's back when she asked. He got her ice chips. He held her hand. He wiped her brow. Her cries of pain left him feeling helpless. He could not stand her to be in pain. About three hours passed when the midwife checked Hermione again and announced that it was time to push.

Hermione was amazing. It wasn't at all like in the movies, she didn't curse, and she didn't tell him she hated him. She followed the doctors' instructions pushed when she was supposed to and panted in between. After about 15 minutes Harry stood in awe, as he watched the woman he loved bring his child, their child into the world. He cried.

A while later, they settled in their private room. Hermione rested in bed with her newborn bundled in her arms. She lifted her head and smiled at Harry the brightest smile he had ever seen. Slowly, he moved to her side taking her hand in his.

"A girl," he simply said.

"A girl," she repeated.

"How are you feeling?" Harry asked.

"I'm fine. I have our baby girl in my arms." Hermione said gazing in his eyes.

Harry closed the gap between them kissing her softly. He pulled a bouquet of red roses from behind his back and said, "Happy anniversary Hermione."

"You remembered," whispered Hermione tears streaming down her face.

"How could I forget the happiest…well one of the happiest day of my life, luv," replied Harry as he wiped the tears from her cheek, "I love you."

"I love you too," Hermione responded pulling Harry into another gentle kiss before handing their daughter to him. He looked at his baby girl in reverence. Even so little, she was beautiful. She had green eyes just like his, but she was every bit her mother's daughter, from what he could tell. She also had a hint of brown hair, just like Hermione.

"You have chosen her name already, haven't you?" Harry asked.

"Well…I have some ideas," responded Hermione sheepishly, "Lily Emma Potter."

Harry smiled at his wife then gazed down at his little Lily and introduced himself, "I'm your dad, nice to finally meet you."

Hermione looked up at her husband her heart over full, "What do you say we work on giving Lily a brother?"

Their dreams, their lives, their happiness…everything, it was like…magic *wink*.

THE END

wvWare Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.0.0

-->