Unofficial Portkey Archive

No love stories in the kitchen by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

No love stories in the kitchen

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters they are property of JK Rowling.

A/N: Hey, my faithful readers, here I am again. I hope you like this one. Thanks to my wonderful beta, Cheryl, who helped me in writing this one.

Chapter Thirteen

"I Thee Wed"

The newly engaged couple returned to London the next morning. Ginny was the first to notice the gleaming two-karat brilliant cut diamond ring in a white gold setting resting elegantly on Hermione's slim left-hand ring finger.

"Hey Hermione…but…that ring…" Ginny trailed off, looking at her friend's face. Hermione's eyes lit up while she nodded. Ginny started squealing in delight and ran over to Lavender. Hermione then showed Lavender the ring.

"They got engaged, Lav! Oh, I'm so happy for you, guys!" the youngest Weasley gushed and started to cry. Lavender joined Ginny in the squealing and crying; soon everyone was awakened by the noise.

Ron was the first to exit his room and was quickly followed by the twins. "What's all the noise about?" Ron groggily asked. Then he noticed Harry and Hermione. "Hey, guys. Welcome back!" Ron said as he hugged them. The twins followed suit.

"Ron, do you notice anything different about them?" Lavender asked taking her boyfriend's hand. She knew boys could be thick, however, she wanted to test him.

"I don't know…they seem fine to me…" the redhead replied.

"Yeah, they seem in perfect shape to us too" the twins said. One moment later Fred finally noticed something.

"Hey, wait a minute. What's that on Hermione's finger?" he asked.

Ginny rolled her eyes. "Honestly, what do you think it is?" she said, a bit annoyed.

"Are you saying that the two of them…are engaged?" George asked as comprehension dawned on his face.

"Yes, we are. I thought Paris was the best romantic place to ask her." Harry advised while looking lovingly at Hermione, who moved closer to him.

"Well, congratulations, guys!" Ron shouted hugging the two of them again.

"Yeah, mate, congratulations," the twins echoed while patting Harry on the back.

"It's a shame though, you're trapped now." Fred sighed, his weak attempt at a joke. All the boys laughed while the girls just rolled their eyes.

"Typical, the boys would see something romantic like marriage as a prison." Ginny muttered while hitting her brother on the head for his remark.

"You know, Ginny? Maybe Fred and I should just go home to Mum. You are worse than she is. Could you stop hitting us? It hurts, you know." George whined and the group erupted in laughter, except for Ginny, who scowled at the twins.

***

Some days later, Hermione informed her parents of the engagement. They were ecstatic over the happy news.

"Hermione, this is fantastic!" Anne said clearly delighted when she was informed by phone.

"Oh Mum, I'm so happy! My dreams are actually coming true. I have gained some success as a Chef plus I'm going to marry the man I love! If someone told me one year ago as I was plucking potatoes at the "Garden" that I would be living out my dreams, I would have refused to believe it!" Hermione replied excitedly.

"When are you planning to get married? I want come out to help with the arrangements!" her mother inquired, "Oh, I've to go now, your father is calling me to the kitchen. I'm sure he will be thrilled too." In fact, Robert was delighted for his little girl. He accepted that his little girl was now a woman and she was settling down with the right man. He knew Harry had made a great deal of compromises to be with Hermione and Harry's love for his only daughter was not in doubt. Harry was the man to make Hermione happy.

***

Deciding when to get married went smoothly and the couple quickly made plans. Harry and Hermione wanted something as private as possible. They chose their wedding party. The next step was draw up a list of people they wanted to invite to the ceremony.

A few days later the carefully selected guests received their white embossed invitations to the most exclusive event of the fall.

Mr. and Mrs. Robert Granger

Request the honour of your presence

At the wedding of their daughter

Hermione Jane Granger

to

Harry James Potter

The ceremony will take place on

Saturday, October the 20th, at 11am

At St. George's Cathedral, London

*

Hermione was torn as to whom she should choose as her main attendant. She didn't want to hurt any feelings. She kept procrastinating. She was lost in thought as she prepared her now famous meatballs for the night's dinner. Suddenly Ron burst through the doors carrying a half screaming half sobbing Ginny in his arms.

"What in bloody hell were you thinking Gin." Ron bellowed over Ginny's anguished screams as he set her down in a chair to examine her rapidly swelling ankle. "You should have used a ladder not a sodding chair." Ron continued.

Hermione was broken out of her musing, "Ginny! Oh my god! Ron, what happened?" she asked rushing to Ginny's side.

"I fell." answered Ginny whimpering, "I think its broken."

"I think you're bloody right." stated Ron turning to Hermione, "I'm taking her to casualty. We'll need someone to cover for her tonight."

"Okay, just ring me from the hospital when you find out anything." requested Hermione as Ron picked up his sister again and headed out the service door.

Hermione sighed.

*

Harry picked up the phone, dialled the number and waited for the other party to answer.

"Hello."

"Hey, Cho. It's Harry. May I have a word with Draco?"

"Of course, I'll get him," said Cho before yelling, "Draco luv! Phone for you. It's Harry!"

"So Harry, are the rumours true? You and Hermione really tying the knot?" he asked, happy for his friend.

"Yes, we are, Draco and I'd like you to be my best man?" Harry asked

"It'd be an honour mate," replied Draco enthusiastically.

"I'll call you back with more details mate," Harry said. "My wife to be is calling me I've gotta go."

"Bye then, and congratulations Harry." Draco said and closed the conversation.

***

Two weeks after the engagement, Anne arrived in London to help Hermione with the wedding plans - the couple didn't give themselves much time so they had to make many quick decisions.

Anne took her daughter and her future son-in-law to choose their wedding attire. Harry spent about two hours in the shop trying on a great number of morning suits until he found one that suited him perfectly. It fit like a second skin so he took it and went to pay. Then, he waited for Hermione.

She was still trying gowns, after having discarded many of them, some with short sleeves, some others with long sleeves, many of them in a pearl white shade and others a bit more cream coloured. She also tried on long veils; short veils, some trimmed in pearl, some trimmed in rhinestones and some with a tiara while other were adorned with silk flowers. Finally she selected a gown, but obviously Harry was not permitted to see it, as they were trying to have a somewhat traditional if not rushed wedding.

The following day Anne took the near exhausted couple to her favourite florist. She knew that her daughter loved roses so they chose them. Harry however, suggested that they choose a variety of colours to make the atmosphere a bit more festive and Hermione happily agreed. She was so happy that she was marrying the man she loved and he wasn't indifferent to being involved in the planning!

They ordered several arrangements for the church and reception as well as the boutonnières, corsages and bouquets for Hermione and her attendants. It was destined to be a colourful sight with blue, pink, cream and yellow roses in addition to Gerber daisies and white lilies.

Next the couple moved on to select the wedding cake. They both had definite ideas and visited several patisseries but just couldn't find exactly what they were looking for. Upon returning the restaurant, Ron surprisingly picked up on their moods. Ron even asked them what the problem was.

"We've been searching for a wedding cake, that's the problem." Hermione explained while changing in her Chef's attire.

"I should be offended. Am I not the best dessert chef you know?" Ron asked smiling.

Harry and Hermione looked at him and their smiles returned. "We didn't want to take advantage of our friendship." Hermione stated.

"Would you do us the honour of making our wedding cake Ron?" Harry asked.

"Of course, tell me what you desire and I will create it for you! What are friends for?" Ron replied nearly crushing Hermione in a tight hug.

The support staff at the "Garage" had insisted on catering the wedding so it only made sense for the reception to be held at there as well.

*

There was now one week before the wedding. The wedding program had been finalized.

Best Man: Draco Malfoy

Maid of Honour: Lavender Brown

Attendants: Hayley Weasley and Zahra Granger-Smythe

Ushers: Fred Weasley, George Weasley and Ronald Weasley

Hermione and Lavender set off to find the attendants' outfits while the men went in search of their wedding attire.

Harry and his entourage returned to the store he purchased his morning suite. Draco was fitted with a morning suit. To contrast nicely with Harry's all white ascot and vest, Draco's were a silver-grey. The ushers decided to go with matching suits in charcoal grey. The four men looked very dapper indeed.

Hermione and Lavender were scouring the local shops for just the right dress to suit both Lavender and the girls, the Weasley's niece Hayley and Hermione's young cousin Zahra. In the last shop they entered, Lavender found the perfect dress that just happened to have complimenting children's dresses in stock. Lavender looked really stunning in her sleeveless pale pink full-length gown with a smattering of dainty pink silk gardenias across the bodice, and when Ron saw her he looked like he might faint. He was speechless and kissed her soundly to show his approval. Lavender was still a little in awe that she and Ron had actually got together.

*

The day before the wedding was chaos. Everyone was scrambling around decorating the church for the ceremony; getting the "Garage" ready for the reception and taking care of all the last minute details.

That evening the guys took Harry out for his last night as a single man and the girls did the same for Hermione. Although not a complete night of debauchery the two groups managed to get totally drunk. Fred embarrassed himself on the way back to the dorm as he tried to hook up with any woman that even remotely showed an interest; his only conquests being many slaps across the face.

Ginny on the other hand, too intoxicated to realise what she was doing, slipped away with a guy who seemed nice. It was a short while before her friends noticed her missing and started to search for her. When they returned to the dorm to regroup they found Ginny already home and she was crying. Mr. wonderful turned out to only be interested in a quick shag. Ginny had resisted his advances and despite her broken ankle managed to get away. She felt very foolish over her actions and swore off men and drink forever.

***

While dressing Harry's hands were trembling.

"Nervous, mate?" asked an amused Draco.

"No. Why would you ask that?" Harry replied sarcastically.

"Well, I would be if I were in your place. Really you needn't worry, you are about to marry and share your life with the right woman." Draco tried to reassure him.

"That, I am sure of," Harry said while finishing tying his shoes.

"Hey mate, you clean up pretty good you know?" Ron stated as he entered the room.

Harry smiled, "Thanks Ron. You don't look too bad yourself. You know I bet Lavender will appreciate your new look."

*

In the same moment Lavender entered the room where Hermione was finishing getting ready. Or rather, where Anne, Cho and Ginny were finishing preparing Hermione.

"Hey, I bet Harry will drool when he sees you. Hermione, you really are stunning in that dress!" Lavender said smiling.

"I bet Ron will do the same, Lav." Hermione replied smiling nervously.

"Sweetheart, don't be so nervous. There is no reason to be." reassured Anne.

"Do you have the traditional old, new, borrowed and blue?" Ginny asked.

"Yes. The gown is new, I have mum's gloves - that's the old and the borrowed and this blue garter…oh and a six pence in my shoe." she replied as she gazed almost disbelievingly into the full-length mirror. Anne had to wipe a tear from her eye. "Don't you dare cry mum!" ordered Hermione, "Let's go. I'm ready."

***

Harry positioned himself before the altar of the Cathedral to wait for Hermione. The priest was speaking to him reassuringly. Draco was standing beside him and Ron and the twins were busy seating the guests.

The doors opened and the two young attendants made their appearance, single file they made their way down the aisle dropping rose petals here and there as they went. Next was Lavender, with a quick wink to Ron who was holding the door, she made her way down the aisle too. Then the familiar sound of the wedding march began and Harry looked toward the doors. His jaw dropped as his eyes met the vision before him. He staggered back slightly and placed his hand over his heart; the most beautiful woman in the world was walking towards him. She took his breath away.

Hermione smiled shyly at Harry. She was really stunning, in her pearl white duchess satin sleeveless gown with chiffon overlay. The bodice was delicately covered with fine French silk lace and glistening Schwartzky crystals that caught the light making her radiate with beauty as she glided down the aisle on her father's arm.

Hermione had been a bit daring in choosing a gown with a V neckline and deep cut back with a flowing chapel length train. Her hair was piled on top of her head in loose curls held in place by a lovely white gold and Schwartzky crystal tiara.

When she reached the altar she turned and kissed her father on the cheek. The ceremony began. "Who gives this woman to this man in holy matrimony?" the priest's voice sounded in the church.

"Her mother and I do." Robert replied, and then placed Hermione's hand in Harry's before joining a stilly teary-eyed Anne in the pew.

"We are united here today to celebrate the marriage of this young couple. They unexpectedly found love and pursued it through difficult times thus making them stronger.

"Harry and Hermione have chosen to recite their own vows."

"Hermione, as I said the night I proposed to you, I knew you were the only woman for me the first moment we met. I made mistakes but with your patience and understanding in the end I realised that I did not want live without you. I love you more than life itself." Harry said drinking in her chocolate brown eyes, the eyes he could drown in, "thank you for choosing me."

Some of the guests had to wipe a tear or two away at Harry's declaration of love.

"Harry, I too knew the moment we met that you were the only man for me. We worked through many challenges and came out stronger in the end. You have risked everything to be with me and I couldn't want for a greater display of commitment. It is one of the many reasons I love you. You are gentle, caring and kind, thank you for choosing me," declared Hermione.

A spontaneous clapping of hands filled the church and the priest raised his hand for silence. "Harry James will you take this woman, Hermione Jane, as your wife, in illness and in health, in good times and in tragedy, until parted by death?"

"I will," replied Harry his voice unwavering.

"Hermione Jane will you take this man, Harry James, as your husband, in illness and in health, in good times and in tragedy, until parted by death?"

"I will," Hermione firmly replied as she melted at the sight of Harry's emerald pools.

Draco then produced the rings placing them carefully on the silver tray held by the priest who then blessed them. "You will place these rings on each other's fingers as a symbol of your everlasting love." the priest said handing Hermione's ring to Harry.

Harry took Hermione's hand in his trembling own and as he slid the ring her finger he said, "With this ring, I thee wed." The priest then handed Harry's ring to Hermione and she did the same. The priest made his final blessings and announced, "You may now kiss your bride."

Harry had been waiting for this moment since Hermione had entered the church. He gently cupped her face in his hands and kissed her softly. Hermione sighed happily and deepened the kiss as the congregation erupted in cheers.

***

The guests and wedding party made there way to the "Garage." The staff had gone all out. The restaurant was elegantly decorated over its very modern decor. It was breath taking.

The kitchen staff had prepared very complex and exquisite dishes many of them fish based. The food was a huge hit and Ron as usual wolfed down lots and lots of food.

"Oi! Ron, save some food for the other guests mate," shouted George. Lavender and Ginny could only roll their eyes at him while Hermione giggled softly leaning her head on Harry's shoulder.

Time flew by; soon it was time for the cake. Everyone stood back to admire Ron's masterpiece. He inspected it proudly then smiled at the newlyweds. It was a rather large ice cream cake, made with chocolate and covered with whipped cream. The cake was topped with two ice cream figures, sculpted to resemble Harry and Hermione kissing.

After the banquet, some tables were moved to the side to create a dance area. Harry and Hermione, being the newlyweds, shared their first dance.

A song by the Beatles started to sound.

Oh, oh,
You've been good to me, you made me glad when I was blue,
And eternally I'll always be in love with you,
And all I gotta do is thank you girl, thank you girl.

Harry and Hermione started swaying to the music, her head resting on his chest. Tears of absolute joy filled her eyes.

I could tell the world, a thing or two about our love,
I know little girl, only a fool could doubt our love,
And all I gotta do is thank you girl, thank you girl.

"You know, I think this song represents perfectly what I feel for you, Hermione. I chose it specifically for us." he whispered his warm breath tickling her ear.

Thank you girl for loving me the way that you do, (way that you do),
That's the kind of love that is too good to be true,
And all I gotta do is thank you girl, thank you girl.

The wedding party then joined them on the dance floor. Ron and Lavender were dancing really close and he was whispering something in her ear then she gazed up at him adoringly. "They make a really nice couple, don't they?" Harry said pulling Hermione closer to him.

"Yeah, I'm happy for them," she agreed.

It was time to toss the bouquet. Hermione had a specific target in mind and angled herself so that the flowers would head in the desired direction. All the unmarried women had lined up behind Hermione save for Ginny who was seated in a chair, not really paying attention, swinging her heavily cast broken ankle to and fro. Suddenly Hermione's bouquet landed easily in Ginny's lap. Ginny burst out laughing shouted, "No thank you!" and quickly tossed it back into the crowd of eager women.

Lavender and Cho made a dive for the discarded bouquet, each grabbing a piece of it. Everyone was laughing now as the two women fell to the floor. "Looks like we can expect a double wedding next." exclaimed an amused Harry.

Ron and Draco regarded their respective girlfriends and then each other before turning to Harry grinning.

***

As the night wore on, Harry decided it was time to take Hermione away. He came up behind her scooped her in his arms as she squealed in delight. "What do you say we get out of here?" he suggested. Hermione nodded. "Good night everyone, thanks for coming!" the newly weds announced as they swept through the front doors without a second glance. The cheers that followed were deafening and soon after their departure the party resumed in full force.

Alone for the first time in weeks, they made their way to the honeymoon suite Fred and George had booked for them. The romantic setting pleasantly surprised them as they fell into each other's arms and consummated their love, their commitment, and their new life together.

wvWare Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.0.0

-->