Unofficial Portkey Archive

No love stories in the kitchen by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

No love stories in the kitchen

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters they are property of JK Rowling.

A/N: Your reviews are really appreciated. This is for the ones of you who like fluff. I really love the fluffiness!! lol Thanks to my wonderful beta, Cheryl. Her help is really needed to me.

Chapter Twelve

"Engagement"

As Draco and Cho made their way to the departure gate, Harry took Hermione by the hand and whispered, "Would you like to come home with me tonight luv?"

She understood what he was suggesting and her heart leapt with excitement as she happily agreed. Finally in the early hours of this glorious morning the man she loved would be totally hers for the first time, no financial backer's daughter for a fiancé and no career issues to stop them.

Arriving at the flat they eagerly made their way to the bedroom, no candles, no dimmed lights and no foreplay were necessary. This act of love was a fulfilment of pent up desire as well as a celebration of freedom. They were finally a couple.

In the after glow of making love, Hermione summoned the courage to ask Harry about something that had been preying on her mind since Harry's confession. "Harry?" she tentatively asked.

"Yes luv." answered a half dozing Harry.

Â

"I need to ask you something…something serious and I'm a little afraid of your answer." Hermione offered.

Â

Pulling himself awake, Harry sat up resting his back against the headboard while taking her hands in his. He looked her directly in the eye, "Ask me anything."

Â

Hermione took in a deep breath and closed her eyes not baring to look at him, "Did you have anything to do with the vandalism at the "Garage?"

Â

Harry frowned somewhat puzzled for a moment, then it dawned on him, "No, but I do know who."

Â

"Who? Will you tell me?" asked Hermione with tears of relief forming in her eyes.

Â

"Draco…well some thugs he hired." responded Harry feeling quite ashamed.

"Did you send the bank draft for the damage?" Hermione questioned further as she wiped away her tears.

Â

Harry was puzzled again, "Bank draft? No, I can't take credit for that…it must have come from Draco. I really went off on him after I found out what he had done. I told him to make things right. I didn't know-" He was cut off by Hermione's lips crushing his, he responded immediately wrapping his arms around her pulling her close.

Â

"I'm sorry I doubted-" started Hermione, but this time she was cut off by Harry's searing kisses.

Â

"I love you." was all Harry said before they apologised to each other in their own special way.

*

The next day the pair explored the city, laughing and acting silly totally relishing in the rush of openly being a couple. Gradually they made their way to the "Garage." An enthusiastic Hermione wanted to show Harry her kitchen, soon to be their kitchen. She wanted him to get a feel for his new environment. Hermione also used this time to formally introduce Harry to her partners. Harry knew them already but not on any kind of personal level.

"Guys, I've found the help we needed," she announced as she entered the kitchen dragging Harry behind her.

"Are you saying that the great Harry Potter will be working here? For us?" asked a bewildered Fred.

"That's right. I will be the new sous-chef. As for great…I'm not so great anymore. Its Hermione who has the Chef of the Year award as well as my heart." Harry replied as he pulled Hermione closer while gazing at her wistfully. Grinning broadly, she leaned into his chest after kissing him on the cheek.

"Please, spare us the sap!" George cried in mock horror that earned him a hit on the head with a pan from Ginny. The others all erupted in laughter while George massaged the budding goose-egg lump forming on his head. He muttered something derogatory about little sister.

*

After closing that night Hermione returned to Harry's flat and together they slept. This time, however, they only slept, as they were both too tired to do anything else. They enjoyed snuggling together all night long. Harry with his arm securely around Hermione's shoulder as her head rested comfortably on his chest.

The next morning Hermione woke up to a warm body near her, something she still needed to get used to. She smiled remembering the happenings of the last two days. Her dream seemed complete. She turned and looked at the sleeping face of her now official boyfriend. He seemed so relaxed. "Good Morning, luv." she said when he opened his eyes.

"Good Morning sweetheart." he sleepily replied.

Together they quickly showered before preparing a wonderful breakfast. It did not go unnoticed to either of them how well they worked together, even in the kitchen.

Later they took a leisurely walk through the centre of the town before heading to the dorm. Hermione was sure the others would still be there. She was right. They found Ron eating a huge breakfast as per usual.

Surprisingly, Ginny and Lavender were ready to go. Shopping is shopping after all. So after a brief wait for the men they set off to explore the local market. Harry and Hermione were scouting new ingredients for possible dishes for the "Garage" while the others each had their own motives for the trip.

Ron for instance, had been trying to get closer to Lavender, especially in the past few days. He wasn't one hundred percent sure that she fancied him, but he did have an inkling. The way she smiled at him; it was a different kind of smile that he liked to think was just for him. When he expressed an idea she seemed to pay close attention and almost always agreed with his point of view. The feeling inside him had been building for months and in the last two weeks he was sure her behaviour had become a bit more obvious, with a random brushing of hands. He got the hint and decided that today was the day he was going to make his move. Well, he'd make that move if his confidence could hold out.

Â

Lavender on the other hand was frustrated; she didn't know how to be anymore obvious with the clueless Ron Weasley. She was secretly in love with the red haired man, but nice girls didn't chase after men. Not in a too obvious way, at least. Lately she had attempted to be a bit more assertive but even that seemed to not be working. She sighed `what am I going to do…' as she glanced over at Ron. He was staring at her he looked nervous. Lavender couldn't help but smile - that smile; she made her way over to Ron. "Ron…" she started and gently placed her hand on his arm, "Are you okay?"

Â

Before Lavender could speak another word Ron's lips came charging down on hers; he placed his large hands on her tiny waist and pulled her closer. Lavender didn't resist, she kissed back with equal intensity coiling her arms around Ron's neck like a life preserve. After what seemed like several minutes of ardent snogging they broke away. Ron rested his forehand on Lavender's and simply said, "I love you."

Â

Lavender was smiling again, "I'm so glad you finally figured that out." and then they were snogging again. The couple nearly forgot their surroundings when they were interrupted by the sound of a near hysterical voice. "It's about bloody time!" squealed Ginny rushing over to the pair joined by the twins giving Ron congratulatory pats on the back.

Â

"Finally you did something right, little brother." Fred and George stated.

Â

Lavender pulled Ron down and whispered sensually in his ear, "By the way, I love you too." Ron stood up straight beaming marvelling at his good fortune.

Â

As the initial excitement wound down, Hermione and Harry met up with the rest of the group. Ron and Lavender announced that they were together. The other couple congratulated the newest couple completely understanding their euphoria. There was a great deal of snogging going on after that.

*

A few days later the press had a field day with the news that Harry was now sous-chef at the "Garage."

"The Garage" hires Potter

by Rita Skeeter

Harry Potter, four-time winner of Chef of the Year, has been hired at the trendy "Garage" restaurant. Potter, who recently resigned from his position as owner/head chef of the now closed "Garden" restaurant has joined the current top restaurant in Britain. Opened only a short year ago the "Garage" is considered one of the best dining experiences in Europe.

Sources reveal that head chef, Hermione Granger, co-owner of the now famed restaurant specifically requested Potter's assistance. She certainly set her aim high. With her beloved restaurant at full capacity every night Potter will be a welcome addition to the kitchen staff.

This reporter can't help wonder why Potter would make such a drastic change. Perhaps the rumours of a romantic attachment to the lovely Miss Granger are not unfounded.

"Well, it seems that your plan to keep your relationship secret for now is working." Ron commented.

"Yes, but for how long?" Hermione asked. She had had some reservations before with Harry, and even though this time everything appeared to be working out well, she was waiting to tell her parents the news. She dreaded what their reaction would be if they read about her relationship in the newspapers.

"Who cares? I'm certainly not ashamed to have a beautiful and skilled girlfriend." Harry said smiling as he nuzzled softly at her neck while wrapping his arms around her from behind. This action caused Hermione to smile despite her worries. The mere fact of Harry being near her was able to make her day.

"I am not ashamed to have you as my boyfriend, Harry. The fact is that I would like to keep our private life just that, private." she replied then kissed him softly.

***

Two weeks later, Hermione's confidence in her new relationship grew and she decided it was time to tell her parents. Her parents were ecstatic about the news especially Anne. She knew that her daughter was really in love with Harry, and it was evident, that with everything he had given up to be with her that he too was deeply in love with Hermione.

Soon September arrived, both Hermione and Harry had been invited to the "Golden Fork Awards" being held in Paris, as candidates for the best chef in Europe. There were many renowned chefs in attendance and they were pleasantly surprised to run into Cho who was also there with Draco.

"Harry! I'm so glad to see you here. You too, Hermione." Cho stated.

"Yes, good to see you too, Cho. Are the two of you here for business or pleasure?" Harry asked while shaking hands with Draco.

"Business, Harry. I'm the new manager of a French Chef his name is Cedric Diggory. He has English roots, though." Draco explained as he hugged Hermione in welcome. Draco and Cho were then introduced to Hermione and Harry's friends and co-workers, who had also come to see the award ceremony.

They took their respected seats as the award ceremony started.

"…this has never happened before," chucked the announcer, "since they currently work at the same restaurant, we are pleased to assign this year's Golden Fork to a pair of chefs from England: Hermione Granger and Harry Potter! In second place we have Cedric Diggory while in third place we have Seamus Finnegan from Ireland."

Harry and Hermione smiled at each other then approached the stage to claim their prize.

It was their last night in Paris before returning to London; Harry had planned a mini-break for himself and Hermione at one of the most romantic locations in Europe. Earlier their friends and returned to Britain to tend to the "Garage."

Harry had been out all the afternoon, and Hermione had been wondering where had he been. Not that she was too jealous, but still…

He, however, gained her forgiveness that night, when he took her to an exclusive restaurant with a beautiful sight of the city. The sun was just setting so the skyline was aglow with red-orange light.

The waiter took them to a secluded area capturing the best view. They were led to a candle-lit table for two. Delicately resting on the neatly placed linen serviette was a perfect single white rose.

Harry pulled out a chair and Hermione gingerly sat carefully examining the beautiful setting.

A wonderful dinner was served then Harry stood up and moved in front of Hermione. Bending down on one knee he pulled a velvet box out of his pocket. He took her welcoming hand. "Hermione, from the first time I saw you and we danced I knew you were the woman I would love all my life. We have been through difficult times but we overcame them. Without you I feel empty and I don't think I could live the rest of my life without you. Will you marry me?" he asked his voice cracking now and then. It had been a miracle he had been able to make his little proposal at all.

She gazed lovingly into his emerald pools and knew he meant every single word he had just said. She was breathless as tears of happiness streamed down her cheeks. All she was able to do was nod. Hermione then kissed him deeply as she accepted his ring. Her dreams had come true she definitely had it all.

wvWare Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.0.0

-->