Unofficial Portkey Archive

No love stories in the kitchen by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

No love stories in the kitchen

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own nobody of the characters, they are property of JK Rowling.

A/N: Thank you to all my readers and reviewers, your support is really important for me!!

Creepy Susie: No, it's not her. He will be, though.

Hermione Graner Potter: Thanks, as usual!

Akjennymay9: In fact, he doesn't believe it. In that moment, everyone would have been upset and sorry, but he doesn't believe it. He has not seen her because she is doing her best to not be seen, plus he is not very much in the kitchen, as he is often discussing promos with Draco or Mr. Chang.

Jack Ryan: Thanks for the support!

Spaz141: It's my pleasure. I'll try to do better description, I promise.

Miss Mione: I'm glad you're so eager to read the next chapter!

Tinydancer: Ok, I'll try to describe better their emotions and feelings, I really need to understand that the lot of you has not seen the TV fiction so I need to explain a bit more. For the grammar, I'm trying to get a beta, in the meantime I'll be more attentive.

Fire Gazer: Well, I think there will be a mutual rage toward each other…

Dolphingurl: He will find out soon…

Davaca: Sorry to be deluding you, but I took inspiration by the TV fiction. If you had seen it, you would have found the differences, plus the last chapters of the story will be totally my creation, as I didn't see how the TV series finished, as I missed the last two instalments, so I think there is enough originality. Plus, I said this one was an AU fic…

Babyhalo19: Thanks!

Readinggirl: She won't say that…but he will know, somehow…

Chapter Five

"Confrontation"

Hermione had been late once more at the "Garden", after her personal lessons with Chef Dumbledore, so Snape, who had disliked her since the first day, had been happy to punish her definitely. She had been kicked out of the restaurant. Now she had only the school and the dream of Harry coming back to her.

She knew her one was not only a simple crush for a famous man. In the few dates and encounters they had had she had seen that under the famous chef there was a sweet and caring man, and she had fallen in love with that one, with Harry, not with the "famous Harry Potter, best chef in England".

Harry, contemporarily in that day, was really fuming, in his manager's office.

"Draco, give me only one reason to not go and kick Cho's father arse. I had said that I didn't want those promos in England, and what is he doing? He is going to attach them in all London!"

"Harry, calm down! You need him, so be quiet and do what he says"

"But he doesn't respect the pacts!"

"Actually, he does. In the contract you signed, there was a little note, saying that if the frozen food's sells would increase more than fifty per cent, he could attach the promos in England" Draco replied nonchalantly.

"And why didn't you tell me that?" Harry growled

"Oh, Harry, you're acting like a child. That contract is our safety, so please shut up and do what he says, for our good"

Harry didn't seem convinced, but he nodded.

***

It was by now four months after the day Hermione had arrived in London, and she and her friends had decided to open their own restaurant. She was ecstatic, for the first time since her arrive in London. Well, apart from the dates with Harry, obviously.

Her father, however, had discovered the truth about what she had been doing in the past months so he left for London, decided to bring her back.

He reached the dorm where she lived, and entered it.

"Hermione, you're coming back now" he shouted.

He looked in the flat for her room, and when he found it, he started throwing her things in the suitcase. Hermione entered the room, glaring at him.

"Dad, I'm an adult! You can't bring me back against my will. I'll remain here. I'm not coming back" she replied, as angrily as he had spoken.

"You can be an adult, but I'm still your father, and you'll obey me!" he yelled

"No, I'm staying here, that's final. You can't drag me away, and I won't come on my will" she retorted

The argument continued a long time on these tones, till Chef Dumbledore, with whom Hermione had one last theory lesson, arrived there.

He heard the shouting, so went to Hermione's room.

"They had been fighting like that for one hour, now" Ginny said to the former chef, looking with him to the daughter and father shouting match from the threshold of the room.

He nodded and cleared his throat.

"I reckon there is a problem with Ms. Granger's decision to become a chef" he said, looking Robert directly in the eyes.

"Yes, and this is not your matter, whoever you are, so please leave us alone" Robert snapped.

"I don't think I'm totally not affected by this, as I'm your daughter's teacher at the "Haute Cuisine Academy", Mr. Granger" Dumbledore replied quite sternly.

"Plus, I think you should give your daughter what she wants, that is only some freedom. After all, she is one of the best students in my school in all its story. She is really skilled to be a great chef" he added looking at Hermione, the twinkle in his blue eyes promptly returning.

After half an hour, Robert Granger was leaving the dorm, defeated. He had accepted that Hermione would remain in London. Chef Dumbledore had convinced him, exalting his daughter skills.

"Give her a little time, and I would be surprised if all the world would not speak about her" the old chef had closed the discussion.

Two weeks later, Anne Granger had already sent her the credit card, so she had given her part of the money for the furnishing of the restaurant without problems. All of them had gained the money in some ways, and they started working hard to create an interesting place in a rented building.

They furnished it with a modern look, placing an old car in it, and making it look as a garage. They placed some false gears in the walls, then the door was a garage door, and things like that…the old car was able to function as two tables, if needed, one on the front and one on the rear side of it.

They called it "The Garage". The name fitted perfectly the appearance.

Chef Dumbledore helped them to choose a good menu to offer, as Hermione, who was the chef, wanted to go on the Mediterranean cuisine. Then the old chef helped them choosing the wines, and finally the desserts.

They were organised this way: Hermione was the chef, Lavender was the responsible of the wines, the sommelier, while Ron was the chef for the desserts. George, Fred and Ginny were the waiters.

Finally the night of the opening of the restaurant arrived. They had prepared some simple promos, but when they opened, only Chef Dumbledore was there.

"I wanted to be your first client" he said, smiling and with a twinkle in his blue eyes.

They served him, and said he didn't have to pay.

He complimented with them, but said that they were too quick in serving.

"People wants also to chat, not being interrupted by a too quick waiter" he said

They nodded, keeping that in mind for the next clients. But nobody came that night.

That same day, Harry was infuriated as never in his life. The promos had finally come out in England, so London was full of photos of him with a pan full of frozen tuna.

He had been so angry that he literally kicked Draco out of his office, to be alone thinking.

"Electra, where are you? You're the only thing that keeps me living…I'll find you first or later" he sighed, keeping his head in his hands. But his hope was going weaker every day.

When he left the "Garden" he went to a pub. There he had two beers and eight whiskeys and he was totally drunk. He left the pub on his feet, but barely. It was by now half past ten in the evening.

In the same moment, Mrs. Lovegood called "The Garage".

"Hello, "The Garage" speaking" Fred said

"I'm Mrs. Lovegood, I would like four Mediterranean dishes. I leave the choice to you"

"Ok, they will arrive as soon as possible" he said.

When Hermione had cooked them, she went to bring them to Mrs. Lovegood.

"Oh, thank you, Hermione. I'll see you soon" Mrs. Lovegood said, after having taken the packages and paid her.

Hermione greeted her, too, then started to go away. But on the main door, she met a very drunk Harry.

"Heloo! Howw are you, ddeear?" Harry said, smiling at her. Then he grabbed her shoulder for remaining on his feet.

She took pity of him, so she helped him to his flat. There, she went to use the loo.

When she exited the bathroom, she found Harry completely naked, lying on his belly, on his bed.

He was deeply asleep.

She smiled and with her lipstick wrote on his butt "TUNA". She giggled and kissed him on the cheek.

"Good Night, Harry. I love you" she whispered softly in his ear, stroking his hair.

Then her mobile rang.

"Hermione, come back soon. We have a group of nuns here" Ginny said.

"I'm coming" she said. But she forgot her phone on his bed.