Unofficial Portkey Archive

Knock on the Sky by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Knock on the Sky

gypsybaby21

Chapter Ten: All Over You

"Momma? What are you doing here?" Ginny gasped as saw her mother and father walking up the bleachers.

"We came to visit and found out there was a Quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor."

Ginny turned to look at Draco as he cleaned his broom, preparing to start the match.

Ginny shook her head nervously. "I-I can see that!"

Draco glanced up in her direction and gave her a knowing look. Ginny jerked her head slightly towards her parents. Her stomach fluttered as he turned his face to her parents. He was so gorgeous all he had to do was turn his head and Ginny felt weak in the knees.

My mouth is watering. You've got it so bad girl.

Oh, look at the way he moves. He's so athletic.

Oh look! He snuck me a smile.

Ginny giggled out loud and turned her chin to her shoulder. Ginny quickly turned her giggle off as she noticed Molly and Arthur giving her a strange look. She straightened her back to an up right position to show that her attention was on the match, but in all actuality it was on Draco. If her parents had thought something was wrong they would have noticed that she never once took her eyes off of Draco.

"Ginny, are you all right dear?" Molly asked.

Ginny still looking at Draco, "I'm fine."

"Who are you looking at?"

"Oh, honey, leave her alone. She's probably eyeing Harry," Arthur butted in, smiling proudly.

Ginny sighed in relief when her mother, for once, took her fathers' advice.

"Yeah, that's who she's looking at," Ron teased as he sat himself down beside her.

Ginny glared and made a motion with her finger that was very unbecoming of what society classified as a lady.

She knew she had it bad…she was all ready head over heels in love with him and she knew she was falling way deeper than that.

Forever and ever!

Ginny shook her head, knowing Draco wasn't a forever and ever type of guy. She had excepted that when he hadn't returned her 'I love you,' last night, but she'll never forgot the way she had woken up in the morning to see his hand bunched in her hair and his head sleeping against her chest. He looked like an angel, his dark aura that usually followed him had vanished and she got to see the light in him.

She scraped her teeth against her bottom lip as she remembered how she had kissed him awake. He had responded by lifting her up into his arms and taking her to his huge bathtub.

Ginny pinned her eyes to Draco once more. His usually gel stiff hair was ruffled from the wind; his cheeks were flushed from concentrating and chasing the snitch. She frowned as she saw Harry hovering directly above him, his eyes searching back and forth rapidly. Then Ginny saw it, the one thing that Draco had been working his arse off to catch while playing against Harry.

"See it," she whispered.

"What?" Arthur asked.

She ignored him and concentrated on Draco. "See it, baby! See it!"

As if on cue Draco jerked his head towards the direction of the snitch and zoomed straight up. Harry obviously didn't expect him to see it or to be so fast.

"YES! Whoa!" Ginny screamed as she jerked herself up to a standing position.

Her scream was so piercing that it caused her brother to jerk back and glare at her. "Ginny! Wrong team!"

Ginny's eyes widened as she saw Draco stop and stare at her, a small, very pleased smirk on his face at her outburst. "Um…err I was just cheering for Harry to hurry up!"

She sighed as they looked awkwardly at her and shrugged, turning their attention back to the game.

Draco was still grinning at her, seemingly he had forgotten about the snitch. Ginny bugged her eyes out and gave a small point in the direction of the snitch and Harry. Draco just shook his head and stared at her. Ginny sucked her lip as she watched him watching her. Her heart stopped as his eyes engulfed her in a pool of grayness.

A horn blew, making Ginny jerk.

"Harry Potter as caught the snitch! Final score: Gryffindor 170, Slytherin 100."

Ginny gave Draco a sad look and felt her eyes becoming wet.

He had wanted to beat Harry so badly.

He jerked his head in the direction toward the castle as he flew past her, making swift eye contact with her. He ignored the glares he received from his team and held his head high as he walked out of the stadium.

"Um, Mum, Dad? I have to go do something…how long will you be here?"

"For a day," Arthur replied.

"Oh, good! Um…I'll see in a few hours."

"Ginny, what is it that you have to do?"

Ginny pulled her lip to the side and cringed, and then turned back around. "Um, it's a-it's a secret."

"Okay then," Molly smiled.

As soon as she was out of their sight she dashed towards the castle, only to be whipped around behind the stadium.

"Draco!" she whispered breathlessly as he leaned her up against the side of the stadium. "Why didn't you catch the snitch? You could have won!"

Draco leaned his forehead against hers. "I did. You cheered for me!"

Ginny giggled lightly and brought her lips to his. "Did you see the way I jumped up? I was so embarrassed!"

"I think everyone saw it. When your brother yelled 'Ginny, wrong team,' it was priceless! Thank you," he whispered kissing her more urgently.

Ginny cradled his face in her hands as he kissed her. He ran his hand up and down her back, caressing her. She gave a sigh and leaned her head back as he began trailing kisses down her neck.

"Oh Draco, I love you," she gasped as he kissed her collarbone.

Draco smiled, not saying anything as he continued to kiss her. Suddenly her whole body went rigid and he lifted his head up.

"Ginny? What's wrong? Are you okay?" Draco asked almost frantically.

Her eyes were wide in fear as she looked over his shoulders. He slowly turned around to stare his father in the eye.

He placed one of his hands into his pocket; Ginny had latched onto his other one, and looked down at his feet. "What are you doing here?"

Lucius' eyes were piercing the crown of his sons' head. Ginny shuddered. Just looking at the man was enough to make a person keel over and die. He was gorgeous, of course he was, Draco was too, but Lucius was an evil that you could smell. A walking, talking evil that made her blood run cold.

"Is that anyway to greet your father?"

Draco gave a grim look as he continued to look down at his feet.

"May I ask what you are doing with the youngest Weasley?"

Draco smirked and looked up. "Gee Dad, I figured what with how old you are I wouldn't have to explain the birds and the bees to you!"

Lucius' gaze intensified and Ginny saw Draco gulp, but he didn't back away. Ginny looked at him with pride and love.

He's so brave.

Oh how she loved him.

Draco watched his fathers' gaze fall towards Ginny and the look in his eyes made Draco turn to look at her as well. He saw it. Pure love etched her face, love, and pride, everything he had missed in his life, coming from one person. He couldn't believe that one person could hold so much.

"Ginny," he croaked out.

Ginny's eyes jerked slightly as she focused. She glanced towards his father and turned her frightened eyes towards the ground.

Oh how she despised him.

She has so much love, but just as much hate.

He got her love.

"What's going on here?" a voice boomed.

"Daddy!" Ginny gasped.

Oh great! It's gone from extremely bad to worse.

"Ginny, what's going on?" Molly asked calmly.

Draco watched her fathers' eyes trail down the length of their arms and stop on their clasped hands. He instantly dropped her hand. He soon wished he hadn't from the look Ginny gave him.

Ginny took in a shuddering breath as she answered her mother. "Draco and I have been seeing each other since, well a little past, the middle of the year."

"Schools almost over! Bloody-how many days were they alone?" Arthur's voice started rising.

"Well, almost everyday," Ginny whispered.

Molly took a more calm approach. "What your father means is-"

Tears filled Ginny's eyes as it dawned on her what they were asking. "If we had sex?"

"Oh, my, God!" Arthur roared.

"Calm down, Arthur!" Molly hollered. "How many times?"

"T-that's none of your business!" Ginny screamed.

"Oh, I'm afraid it is! As long as you live under our roof everything you do is our business."

"I'm not pregnant if that's what you're asking!"

"How do you know?" Molly asked.

"I did a test just yesterday!"

"How. Many. Times," Arthur's voice dulled with anger.

Ginny shivered. She had never seen her father like this. Ever.

"Um…" her face turned scarlet. "Since the beginning."

She turned to look at Draco for some support and did a double take. "Draco? Where-"

He was gone along with his father.

"Ginny! Pay attention."

"D-did you see where Draco went?"

Molly gave an irritated grunt. "No. I think we need to have a very long talk with out him anyway."

"No! It's about him and me! Not just me!" Ginny's voice yelled frantically.

Where did they go?

Oh please let him be all right.

There was no telling what Lucius was capable of.

Please be okay!

To Be Continued…

Again, I didn't make a lot of changes. This is almost done and then I can start revising A Day Without Rain and adding new chapters. ~Aya