Unofficial Portkey Archive

Knock on the Sky by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Knock on the Sky

gypsybaby21

Chapter Thirteen: Keep Me

Draco leaned on his palm as he rested above Ginny watching her sleep. He brushed his fingers across the side of her face then bent down to kiss her brow. "I'm going to keep you," he whispered to her sleeping form.

Ginny smiled.

~~

"I can't talk to you right now," Draco gritted out.

"I know you with her last night!" Lucius snarled. "I thought I told you to drop her!"

"What did Giselle tell you?" Draco glared.

Lucius lifted his eyebrows. "No, Giselle said you took care of it! Obviously means that you can't do anything for yourself!"

"Lucius, I have to go give Ginny her broom lesson!"

Lucius' eyes turned pitch black and an evil aura vibrated from him. "Don't call me Lucius, Draco!"

"What am I supposed to call you? You definitely don't qualify for 'dad'," Draco sneered and walked away.

"Draco! Don't you turn your back to me!"

He flipped around. "You're the one who turned your back years ago-but I guess that's the only thing you're really good at."

~~

"Ginny! You aren't to see him anymore. Is that understood?" Arthur growled to his daughter.

Ginny's eyes began to water. "Daddy…you don't understand! He-he's not like his family. He's different."

Molly dropped her eyes. "Aren't they always, until they betray you?"

"Momma!" Ginny gasped; a tear dripped from her eyes. "There's one more week left of school! Can't you just-"

Arthur sighed. "Ginny, I mean it."

"Well he has to give me our last broom lesson of the year!"

Ginny walked away, sobbing.

~~

When Draco stepped foot onto the grass he immediately saw Ginny hunched over on the water fountain, crying. He walked up to her and gently rubbed her back.

"Another run in with the parents?" Draco whispered as he sat beside her.

Ginny lifted her blood shot eyes to his. Smiling with sadness that made his heart wrench, he prepared for the inevitable. "I don't think this is going to work," she whispered.


Draco shut his eyes and took a deep steadying breath, then spoke. "I know."

Ginny choked on a soft cry and leaned against his side as he continued to gently stroke her back. He rested his head against hers smelling her, soaking her into his senses and he knew he would never be the same again. He would miss her to no end. She would always be his, it was a shame they couldn't be together.

"I-I don't feel much like flying. I know it's the last one of the year, but I-"

Draco kissed her temple. "I understand. I'll miss you Ginny Weasley."

She bit her lip, a fresh batch of tears coming on, and she didn't say anything, just held him to her side.

~~

The last week went by so fast that Ginny couldn't keep her eyes focused on anything for too long. Every time she saw Draco they'd just meet each other's eyes, give a longing look, and a slight brush of the hands as they walked past one another.

Ginny cried herself to sleep every night, envisioning Draco's wonderful exotic, loving eyes, gazing down on her as he made love to her. She knew she was going through withdrawal. She feared that it would never end. Ginny wrapped her arms around her stomach as she cradled herself against the Gryffindor common room couch.

She sighed as she saw Ron come up and plop down. "Hey Ginger!" Ron whispered.

Ginny turned her eyes to her brother and started crying silently. "I really miss him!"

Ron gave her a sad look and brought her into his arms. She rested her head onto his shoulder and sobbed. Ron glanced up to meet Harry and Hermione's eyes. They gave each other a grim look. Harry dropped down on the other side of Ginny, embracing her, and Hermione sat in front of her laying her head on Ginny's knees.

"You'll get over this, Ginny! I promise," Hermione whispered, her eyes becoming wet.

Ginny shook her head on Ron's shoulder. "I won't," she whispered.

~~

Draco punched his wall making it collapse against his fist. Pain shot through his arm and the red gooey blood oozed down his knuckles. He dropped to the floor and leaned against his bed.

"I can't do this! I can't stand feeling like this!" he whispered. "I've never felt this-never."

He felt like the end of the world was re-playing in front of his eyes and it was his entire fault that he couldn't stop it. His heart felt like lead, bile rose in his throat, and he glared down at his scraped fist.

"What am I going to do? I have one more day to make up my mind if I am going to do something!" Draco sighed and dropped his head down to his bed. "I miss you Ginny!"

~~

"Ginny, meet me after dinner, you know where!" Ginny read.

~*~Hmm

~*~ My stomach is doing flip-flops.

~*~ We're actually going to get to talk! I'm so excited.

Thoughts raced through her head as she dashed towards the place where she had walked in on Draco and Giselle having sex. She forgot to labor her breathing, so by the time she got there she was hunched over her knees sucking in the crisp air. It burned her chest as it slowly went down.

"In a rush?" Draco asked smugly.

Ginny glanced up. "Hi."

Draco walked over to her and gave her a gentle smile. "No more school after tomorrow! You'll probably never see me again after that."

Ginny felt her eyes start to water. "Do you have to say that out loud? Keep it to yourself."

Draco gave a sad smile.

"What do you want?"

He leaned forward, cradling her neck in his palm and pulled her forward, kissing her gently on the lips.

"You wanted to kiss me?" Ginny asked shakily as she eyed his lips wanting more than a mere brush.

"Ginny, spend the summer with me!" Draco said suddenly trying to get her to look up at him.

He didn't need to try much longer because her head jerked up accidentally bonking him in the nose.

"God damnit!" he yelled in pain as he toppled back holding his nose.

Ginny's mouth dropped open. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry! Are you bleeding?"

Draco snarled then softened his face. "Fuck! Do you have hard head or what?"

Ginny settled her hands on her hips and glared down at him. "I said I was sorry."

"I heard you!" he smiled up at her and yanked her hand down so that she dropped to her knees in front of him. "I want you to spend the summer with me!"

Ginny sucked in a breath. "I didn't think I heard you right when you first said it! I don't have any mon-"

Draco silenced her with his index finger. "I have plenty! Please Ginny?"

Ginny's eyes fell to their entwined hands. "What about our parents?"

"They can't run our lives forever," Draco whispered as he pulled her chin up and pleaded with her. "Please?"

Ginny caressed the side of his face. "Yes!"

Draco's eyes brightened in triumph. "We can leave now!"

Ginny laughed. "I have to pack my things and leave a note for my parents."

Draco's happy face filled with guilt. "I all ready did that."

Her eyes widened in surprise, then rounded on him and glared. "How did you know I'd say yes in the first place?"

He gave her a 'come-on' look and stood up.

"Right," she grinned. "So where are we going then?"

"I was thinking some where by an ocean."

Ginny's face lit up. "Yay! Swimming," she paused from her walking then beamed up at him suddenly. "Draco in spandexy swim trunks…drool!"

Draco gave a shot of laughter then pulled her into his arms. "Here are your bags."

"Shrinkage!" Ginny grinned.

She wrapped her arms around Draco's neck and just held him to her tightly.

"Ginny, breathing is a key factor to living you know!" Draco kissed the side of her neck and rubbed his hand up and down her back.

"I'm happy. A whole summer, no interruptions!" Ginny practically squealed.

"No one telling us we can't see each other," Draco sighed and lifted Ginny onto his broom.

"So how long have you been planning this?"

"Since last night. I was going through some-thing and I couldn't handle it. In case you hadn't guessed it had something to do with you."

Draco leapt up onto his broom and wrapped Ginny's arms around his waist. "I know it's sudden. I can't believe you said yes so quickly, but you'll have fun."

"You too!" Ginny grinned against his neck as she trailed kisses along him.

"Definitely!"

Ginny turned herself so that her legs straddled his waist from the front. "Draco?"

He pulled his head back slightly and grinned as he lifted up into the air. "Yeah?"

Ginny bowed her head and sighed.

"What? Ginny, what is it?"

She lifted her eyes to his and bit her lip. "Will you keep me forever and ever?"

Draco just looked at her, knowing that forever was a long time, wondering if she meant it, or if it was just a spur of the moment, rather like their plans.

~*~ I can give her this much.

"No chance of me letting you go," he whispered.

Ginny smiled and brought her body closer to his as they flew away.

To Be Continued…

Just the Epilogue left and then I'll be working on A Day Without Rain-also when you see that ADWR has been updated please remember to re-read all the chapters because it will be revised! Again I really didn't feel, or think this needed any changes! ~Aya