Unofficial Portkey Archive

Knock on the Sky by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Knock on the Sky

gypsybaby21

Chapter Four: Get Over Yourself

Ginny stood, with broom in hand, next to the opening of the Hogwarts' Quidditch pitch entrance. She was ten minutes early and dreading every bit of time that passed because as it went by that meant that it lead to the six-hour lesson with the dreaded Draco Malfoy.

He was absolutely horrid and deserved to get a quick kick in the derrière, but of course that wouldn't stop the lesson from happening.

Before she knew it she saw his elegant dark form sauntering up to her as if the world revolved around him and Ginny knew that in his mind it technically did. Perhaps that was why she'd taken a liking to him, though she'd never admit this out loud. He was arrogant and sure of himself; he wouldn't take crap from anyone. Ginny on the other hand tended to stay off to the side or right in the middle to allow people to walk on her.

"Okay…" Draco mumbled as he made a jerking movement with his shoulder, signaling her to follow him.

The suddenness of his 'okay' jolted Ginny out of her reverie.

That was the worst thing he could have done. The day was now officially in tatters. She hated being startled, it was one of her pet peeves and she growled with anger. "Hey!"

"Hey what?" Draco drawled out as he walked towards the grass.

"Make some noise when you walk up!" She scolded.

He turned slightly and quirked his eyebrow up in question. "Are you telling me what to do again?" his voice held a warning as well as a hint of amusement.

Ginny had had it. She stopped walking and planted herself in a defiant position; crossing her arms over her chest and leaning her weight to one side she glared at him in outrage.

She wasn't going to let him talk to her this way. "Someone needs to!"

Draco sneered, shook his head, and continued to walk. "Lets go," he said and walked past her.

He had some how managed to fall behind her, how he'd done that she'd probably never know considering the fact that she had stopped walking all together.

He must have-oh he was a sneaky one.

A shock jolted through her arm as she felt his bare skin glide against her hand. She sucked in a breath and looked at Draco's retreating back as his scent lingered under her nose. He smelled different again. It was a more of a sharp, sweet smell, one that enveloped the senses and made the mind think bad, bad thoughts. It smelt wonderful and Ginny felt herself get heady from it. She followed him feeling slightly drunk, or so she'd imagine that was what being drunk felt like.

"You aren't going to actually fly for the first three hours, I just want you to point out the parts of the broom and then I want you to explain to me in detail how you might execute a right turn, a left turn-"

Ginny frowned. "D-did I miss something? Is this a class of some sort?"

"Well technically-"

"There's not 'technically' about it! I don't feel the need to give a speech right now, especially to you!"

Fury flashed across Draco's face, but was quickly replaced with his usual facial features. "Would you stop interrupting me? The point is that it's my job to teach to fly. The key word I believe is 'teach' so on the chance of there being more students this would be a class, however seeing that it's only you it still qualifies as some sort of a tutoring session. In which case you will obey me or Madam Hooch will have a coronary.

Draco sighed heavily as he sat on the ground. He really wasn't in the mood for this today. He had had yet another sleepless night after a very, very heated dream of this red goddess whom stood before him and he most of all didn't feel like struggling with his physical needs either. He lifted his head and looked pointedly at Ginny.

She took the hint and went to sit across from him. "Parts to the broom? The handle and the bristle thing at the end, those are the parts."

Draco lifted his eyes and placed his hand near the end of the broom. "Steering, turning, lowering," he went on moving his hand over spots of the broom.

"So, these area's on the stick make it easier to do-"

Draco cautiously licked his lips praying that this would not go into a double entendre escapade. Just to make sure however, he quickly interrupted. "The areas on the broom I pointed out are the areas that will make it easier for you to do a certain moves. As so-you'd place your hand here for steering, here for turning and so on."

"Okay, okay, I got them. See, that didn't take three hours!"

"Red!"

Ginny sighed and brought her knees up to her chest, resting her head, turning it in the direction of the school, down on her kneecaps.

"I don't want to do this Malfoy! I hate flying! I'm never going to like it! Not ever, and teaching me about the parts isn't going to make me like it."

Draco leaned back, bending his knees up, he turned his head in a questioningly look, fighting himself every minute as he spoke. "Have you ever been on one when someone else is working it?"

"Yes, with you the other day and as I recall I almost fell to my bloody awful death!"

"You are seriously over dramatizing that situation."

"Am I? Well I don't think so," she scoffed and tossed her head in a fury.

Draco shook his head and bit his lip as he watched her shirt constrict against her chest at her sudden lightening quick movement of anger. He couldn't believe he was going to willingly let himself get closer to her when he knew he should just call the practice off. He didn't know how long he'd be able to hold out…especially after last night's dream of a naked lusty redheaded innocent, hesitantly exploring his body. "Well get up then. Lets loosen you up and let you ride with me."

Ginny lifted her head to show him her look of defiance. "I don't want to fall off."

Draco managed to look wounded. "I'm a Quidditch player, a seeker no less, trained to know how to not fall off a broom. You won't fall."

"Hmm, I recall you falling off a lot."

"Yeah well, when you have a bludger ramming into your gut you let me now how keep balance on something that's as thick as a stick and barely as wide as your hand," he said as he placed himself on the seat of his broom

As if realizing her mistake, she nibbled her bottom lip. Draco nearly let out a groan at the sight. Here he was thinking dirty thoughts and there she was, he knew, trying to get out of flying.

"I thought you didn't want me touching your clothes!" Ginny added.

Draco smirked.

She's good; he'd give her that.

What she secretly didn't know was that if it were up to him she'd be touching more than his clothes.

"I'm smarter than that, I wore my old clothes today."

Ginny shook her head and leapt up, brushing the [the dirt off her pants, sounds better]butt of her pants. She then walked over to where Draco was, who was sitting on the broom, lifted her leg up and over. He gave a silent shout of triumph as she loosely rested her hands on his hips, however his happiness in succeeding was quickly diminished as he glanced down. At that moment Draco knew he'd never get the sight of her shapely legs dangling along side his.

Draco, growling in anger at his weakness, took off without warning, zipping through the air. He took great delight as Ginny screamed and wrapped her arms all the way around his waist. When he jerked up and went higher, she started trembling with fear and for a moment he almost felt bad.

"I'm going to fall!"

"No you aren't," Draco reassured her.

He shot straight up. Ginny lifted her legs up and entwined them with his. Her middle plastered to his back. Draco groaned at the feel of her breasts against him, her legs molded into his.

It was sheer torture, and he'd be lying if he said he hadn't loved every minute of it.

Ginny dug her head into his shoulder blades, breathing deeply as she felt the wind smack her hair around. His scent was calming her nerves and after a while, for the first time, she felt at ease up in the air. Slowly she lifted her head three inches off his back and enjoyed the wind caressing her face. She gave an excited squeal as they turned loops and spirals, with each one however, Ginny held on tighter and tighter. They did loops and turns for about three more minutes before landing.

Draco had to practically yank her off him.

"Ginny, come on, you're cutting my circulation off," he said a second before she released him.

Her hair was rumbled and her eyes were shining as she grinned from ear to ear at him. "That was great!"

Draco smirked as he stood in front of her. "I knew you'd like it. Now maybe we can get you to fly by yourself."

Ginny shook her head frantically. "No way. It was different! You are a like a professional, you are the second best Quidditch player at Hogwarts, next to Harry, you knew what you were doing, me not so much!"

Draco licked his lips in amusement and bent his head down, placing his hands on his hips. "Funny how I had to mention that before I got you on the broom, now you say it as if you've known it all along. Silly girl! Thank you," Draco responded surprising Ginny.

"Y-you aren't going to say something crude about be stating the obvious?"

"Potter is better than me," Draco replied instantly knowing what she was talking about, "which is why I practice as much as I can. The more I practice, the more he has too."

"Yeah well, it's been taking its toll on him. He's working ten times harder to stay better than you."

"That does me great pleasure to know I'll be better than him here shortly."

Ginny snorted and shook her head. "Get over yourself!"

Draco walked towards. "Get over myself, huh?"

"Yeah."

"'Yeah'," he mimicked.

"Stop that!" Ginny gritted out.

"'Stop that!'"

"Draco, I'm being serious."

"'Draco-"

Ginny smacked her hand over his mouth to stop his mimicking escapades, but as soon as she did it she regretted it. The feel of his smooth lips against her palms tickled the inside of her stomach.

She swiftly jerked her hand back as she felt wetness trace up her palm, and stared at it with horror, not realizing that her move to shut him up had brought her within inches of his body and face.

"Did you lick me?" Ginny asked, horrified.

Draco lifted his hand slowly and smoothed his fingers along her cheekbone. He closed his eyes, shivering at the feel and scent of her skin.

"W-what are you doing?" her voice trembled.

Draco slowly opened his brighter than usual eyes and grimaced at the fear on her face. He frowned knowing what he was going to do.

He didn't say anything; he just leaned in and placed his lips on hers.

And then it happened. The sweetest most innocent kiss Draco had ever experienced. It wasn't an open mouthed kiss with groping hands and passion filled grunts. It was a gentle caressing of lips against lips; it was sweet, but held enough passion and heat to shoot a flask full of heat down to Draco's groin. He pulled back, his breathing a little faster than normal as he stared at her. He jerked and roughly shoved her away.

Ginny couldn't believe it. He'd kissed her and then shoved her…hard. If this were how you tell a girl you liked her she definitely wouldn't have anymore of it!

"Ow! You are the one that kissed me you asshole!"

Draco glared at her. "Don't flatter yourself."

Ginny's eyes widened in surprise. "I'm not! You did kiss me."

"Damnit!" he whispered.

Ginny came closer to him, "What?"

"Ginny," he paused flinching at his use of her name, "I've been having these dreams lately."

Ginny smirked a little. "You want to tell me about your dreams?"

An evil glint flicked in his eyes. "Yes. It's of you riding-"

Ginny frowned. "What could I possibly be riding in your dream? I think we're having too many flying lessons if you've started to dream of my flying on a broom."

"You weren't riding the broom in my dream, you riding me."

Ginny could do nothing but let her mouth drop. She tried to speak, but all that came out was a squeak that had Draco rolling with laughter. Ginny stomped angrily. "Don't laugh at me!"

"Really the whole situation isn't even close to being funny. The dream has been reoccurring."

"And why did you feel the need to tell me?"

"Because I'm going to kiss you again," he stated softly, "and it's only fair that you know why. I was actually going to try and fight it. Deny it, but these broom lessons are just making the need worse."

"You can't kiss me again."

Draco bowed his head. "I can and I will."

Ginny shook her head, panic rising in her gut as he started closer and began lifting his hand up. "No!" she cried out and ran towards the school.

Draco blinked in surprise as he watched her dodge her way back into the school. He stood there in shock.

She ran away from him. Did he look that wanton, that possessed with desire that he'd startled his innocent pray? She had looked like a deer caught by a hunting party.

It was then he decided to start acting more on his lustful feelings.

~*~ The Next Day…

"GINNY! You must pay attention," Harry yelled waving his hands in front of her face.

Ginny had been deep in thought over what had happened with Draco yesterday. It had really been all she could think about since then. She did have a physical attraction to him; he was gorgeous with his intense gray eyes, baby soft skin, at the body of a Quidditch Seeker, just like Harry.

Except for the fact that Draco Malfoy is the exact opposite of Harry Potter!

"Sorry Harry," she mumbled as she began playing with a piece of grass.

His face softened, as he looked down at her sitting cross-legged on the ground. "You're not up for this today are you?"

"I'm not up for flying any day," Ginny joked and then bowed her head, frowning. "Do you find that unattractive?" she asked suddenly.

Harry crinkled his eyebrows and frowned. "Ginny-"

She quickly looked up and saw what she needed to see. It perhaps was the first time that she'd ever see the reality of the situation. Harry Potter only thought of her as the sister he'd always wanted, but would never have in blood. He didn't have sexual feelings for her or romantic feelings. He had sisterly feelings and surprisingly this knowledge wasn't as harsh a blow to the gut as Ginny would have expected, but it was still there.

Tears formed in her eyes and she quickly dashed them away. "It's okay Harry, I understand."

"I'm sorry," he whispered staring down at her.

Ginny shrugged. "You have nothing to be sorry about. You can't act out on something you don't want to. C-can I tell you something Harry? Something really, really personal?"

Harry looked around awkwardly for a moment.

"Well I'm going to tell you anyway. You'll feel even more awkward than you do now, but I still need to tell you. I'm experimenting, like if I say it I can have some closure, and move on because I need to do that, especially since you don't have feelings for me."

Harry silently sat down next to her staring at her, showing that he would listen to whatever she had to say, and it only made her love him more.

Ginny laughed and shook her head. "What is the matter with you? You are too good to be true. I'm going to be honest Harry. I'm telling you this because-something happened to me yesterday that made me question my feelings. I love you, and at one point I imagined myself loosing my virginity to you," Ginny said laughing.

Harry frowned and rested his chin into the palm of his hand listening still, even though his cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"Harry Potter, you are almost too perfect in my eyes. My 'I love you' wasn't past tense. I still do…for a long time I thought it was infatuation, but I-I know it's not that. You are so brave and loyal-you care so much for other people. You'll always be my hero, my knight on a white horse…that image of you in the Chamber when you came to rescue me will stick with me forever. I figure if you did have some type of romantic feelings for me we'd date and then most likely after a while break up. That's why I don't want to chance my 'crush' on you anymore. I have you on a pedestal Harry and I plan to keep you there, right beside my brothers," she concluded smiling over at him hoping he'd understand.

Harry smiled softly. "Thank you Ginny, that means the world to me."

He understood. He understood that she was calling off her romantic notions and setting them on someone else, but most of all he understood that no matter he would always be her hero, her first love, her knight, and finally forever, one of her brothers.

"I have high expectations for my brothers Harry and I expect you to meet everyone of them if you plan on succeeding."

Harry grinned widely. "Yes ma'am!"

She leapt foreword and hugged him tightly. She had broken her own heart when she'd come to the conclusion last night that that was how she saw Harry. She looked up to him and wanted to be like him, just like her other brothers. "Thank you for being who you are."

She smiled as she felt a hot tear drip on her neck. She knew this was what Harry had wanted, of course not only from her, but also from the rest of her family. He just didn't that he already was their family.

"Harry?" she mumbled softly.

"Yes?"

"You've been a great brother."

He pulled back and smiled at her. "Thank you."

--------------------------

Now that she'd come to the point of finally getting over Harry-of course she knew it hadn't been just a few moments ago…her getting over him had happened rather slowly the year before, she'd just finalized it. Thanks to none other than Draco Malfoy.

Draco.

It was being slammed into that situation that had made Ginny really think. She'd never even noticed any other guys, but Draco was a force to be reckoned with. When he was in a room you noticed and boy did she.

Ginny was about to do something that wasn't on a list of things her parents had planned for her to do. Oh no, defiantly not!

She wasn't going to sit back like she had with Harry; she was going to take the initiative or rather take the bait that was thrown and ask Draco out. She was tired of being 'Ginny, the girl who never took chances'.

She knew she was leaping into the situation rather fast, but Draco was sexy…that little thought had taken her hours to agree with…and she wanted-something.

Ginny was surprised when she found him in one of the many corners of the library fiddling with the edge of a piece of paper in a very thick book.

Without asking she pulled the chair out and sat down, waiting for him to notice her.

"Did I say you could sit?"

"No, but then again I didn't ask," Ginny commented softly.

Draco slowly lifted his head a smile hinting on his face. "Didn't know it was you."

"Yes well, you'd have known it was me if you took the damn decency to acknowledge other people's presence," Ginny huffed out.

Draco leaned forward and rested his forearms on either side of his book, staring at her intently. "You're always angry with me aren't you?"

Ginny rolled her eyes and slouched. "Well if you weren't always antagonizing me…"

Draco frowned. "Sit up straight…antagonizing you?" he added.

Ginny continued in her slouched position and just stared at him.

"Sit up straight! That's very unbecoming," Draco gritted out.

"Why do you care if I'm 'becoming' or not? How can one be 'becoming' anyway? Never did make sense to me."

Draco smirked. "It wouldn't to you. Now, why are you here?"

Ginny sat up straight, her eyes widening as she remembered why she'd come. She slowly licked her lips and took in deep breaths. "I'm here because I want to take you up on your offer."

Draco sat back and folded his arms over his chest. "What offer was that?"

Ginny gave a tiny laugh. "Well, it was more of a demand than an offer…or rather more of you telling me what you were going to do to me."

"And what exactly did I tell you?"

"That you were going to kiss me."

Draco swiped his tongue over his bottom lip and quirked an eyebrow up. "You want me to kiss you?"

"Yes please."

Draco had to sake his surprise away before his mouth dropped open. "How in the bloody hell can you say 'yes please' to something like that, but yet you refuse to sit up straight?"

Ginny simply shrugged. "So, are you going to do it or not?"

Draco snorted and shook his head, then stood up and rounded the table towards her. He went down on his knees so that he was eye level with her and his hands, as if on instinct went up to cup her face. Swiftly he placed his lips on hers coaxing them apart. Draco groaned softly as he felt her tiny tongue dart out and hesitantly touched the tip of it to his. The kiss only lasted about a minute, but it felt like an eternity as he pulled away, heaving as if he'd just ran a marathon.

Her lips were red and swollen from the pressure he'd exerted on them, her eyes dazed with desire as she looked at him dreamily. "I think I might want to do more than have you just kiss me though."

Draco jerked back on his knees, glaring at her. "You better not be playing with me. I don't do well with teases. Especially in the case where it's like dangling a steak in front of a starving beast."

"Starving are you?" Ginny grinned.

"You have no idea."

Ginny sighed. "I'm tired of being a virgin," she said softly lowering her eyes. "For a long time I wanted Harry to be my first, it took me a year today to finally realize I was over him and it was your kiss that woke me up. It was like a punch in the face. I never knew anything could feel that good. I'm all for experimenting."

Draco stood up swiftly and just shook his head. "I can't believe this."

Ginny's eyes widened. "Have I shocked you?"

"This should not be happening!"

"Why? Y-you want me don't you?"

"You know that whole thing Quidditch Pitch with that girl Giselle…I did that on purpose. You want to know why? I wanted to be able to see your eyes when I came."

"That's disgusting," Ginny's voice held a note of sympathy.

"And you ask me if I want you…it's kind of an understatement. You are forbidden fruit Ginevra Weasley and I'll never get a taste."

Ginny bowed her head. "W-what if I allowed you to have a bite not just a taste?"

"Why are you doing this?"

"Because when you kissed me I felt like I was on fire and I didn't want to stop. I'm tired of holding things back. I want you, you want me so-" Ginny shrugged helplessly. "That can't just go away you know."

The past encounters she had had with Draco had been awful, all claws and teeth. She wasn't sure if it was good or bad at the fact that there were still claws and teeth, but it was inside Ginny's stomach. That kiss had been wonderful and she had felt her insides pool with warmth.

She wanted to do something…

"I would love it if you'd just get out of my head, get out of my dreams, and leave me alone! You understand that, that would be so much more easier than what you're suggesting right?" Draco yelled at her and went to retreat out of the library, but then turned around and took a deep breath. "What I would love even more though," he added more softly, "is for you to get into my bed. So you see Gin-love it's your choice and I'm hoping you've already made it by what you've done tonight."

Ginny grabbed his arm and pulled him to her. She needed to feel 'the passion'…this was something Harry would never be able to give her. Ginny needed this and she would have it. With doing this she knew what she'd been saving for Harry could never be given back once taken, but she also knew on Harry's part it would never be missed. She would never get to have him so why not go for another man that she's found herself wanting? She'd made her piece with her feelings for Harry, but now she would act on something spontaneous. She gently kissed his lips and smiled. "I think I can do something about that last part," she gave a laugh, "I don't think I've ever blushed so much in my life."

Draco smiled softly and lifted a hand to her cheek. He rested his thumb upon her lower lip and smoothed it back and forth before pulling it down. He groaned and captured her lips. His movements were lightening fast. He jerked her back causing her to gasp, which allowed him access to the inside of her mouth. His hand slid up her stomach, encasing her sides, pushing her to him. Ginny slid her hands into the back of his pockets, squeezing him to her, her hips gently rotating against his.

"This is happening faster than I thought. What's happening to me?" Ginny mumbled against his lips.

He didn't answer. They had just shared one kiss and sparks had flown, on their second kiss the world had dropped from their feet, now on their third kiss, Draco was having trouble keeping her clothes on because of the amount of a hot paradise parading around in his stomach. He wanted her here and now, wild, untamed, outside. He let his hands slid up her shirt.

Ginny gasped as she felt him molding her tiny breasts to his hand. She never wanted it to end. The feeling of Draco's slacks rubbing against her was wonderful and if it ended she thought she might die.

Ginny pulled back licking her lips hungrily. "I-I'm sorry I can't be more experienced for you."

Draco dropped his forehead to hers and stared her in the eyes. "Don't be sorry, it's what I like about you."

Draco pulled his body away from hers and Ginny protested. "Draco!"

He silently held out his hand and it was then Ginny knew she'd be making a wonderful new change in her life if she took it, of course she'd already known what she was going to do. She smiled softly as she curled her fingers into his and let him lead her away.