Unofficial Portkey Archive

Knock on the Sky by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Knock on the Sky

gypsybaby21

Chapter Eight: Everybody Wants You

"Ron, don't say anything to her! Wait to see if she comes to you," Hermione pleaded clutching her best friends arm as tightly as she could.

With his face red and his knuckles white from clutching his books so tightly Ron whipped his head around to look at Hermione, then quickly. "Look at her! She's kissing Malfoy!"

"And it looks like she likes it. I repeat, let her come to you! Or she will never talk to you again. I know these things."

Ron turned and glared. "How the hell do you know…"

"Because I know you and I know Ginny. Your tempers clash, trust me."

Ron snorted. "Yeah right! You know everything…the bookworm," he yelled.

Hermione gritted her teeth and was about to say something when someone cut her off. The voice was booming with hardcore anger.

"You better have a damn good reason for yelling at her like that Ronald Weasley!"

Ron stiffened and turned to glare at Harry.

Harry looked livid with anger, his eyes flashing dangerously, his teeth clenched and his fists ready.

Ron sighed. "I don't. Hermione, I'm sorry!"

"It's fine! It's true!"

--------------------------

"Wow," Ginny gasped as she pulled away from Draco. "That was just-wow!"

Draco leaned in for another kiss and grinned against her lips. "Thank you."

"You smug bas-"

He pecked her swiftly on the mouth, cutting off her words. "Okay, on the broom."

"Aren't you going to get on first?"

Draco bent his head down hiding a smile. "Is that the only reason why you did that whole scene? So you wouldn't have to go on by yourself?"

Ginny twirled her fingers. "Partly…I'm just kidding. I-I thought since we, you know, made up, you wouldn't make me go on by myself!"

"Sorry, no cigar! Get on."

Ginny pouted and poked him in the chest. "No sex for you tonight mister!"

Draco chuckled smugly. "We'll see!"

She huffed over to the broom and leapt on. It wavered slightly, but she managed to balance it with an ease that Draco noted proudly.

Draco grinned. "You're all ready getting better!"

"Only because I have good teachers."

"Maybe…but remember I taught you in an extra subject," Draco smirked knowingly.

Ginny blushed and turned her head to the side giving him a playful glare. "You're bad."

"Fly!" he demanded.

She sighed and slowly lifted herself up. Her breath caught in her throat as she got higher and higher.

I want to impress him.

I want him to be impressed.

Ginny picked up speed, bending down the way Draco had showed her, bowing her head, and just letting the wind slice through her hair. She felt weightless as she went faster.

"Whoa, Gin! Don't go too fast," Draco yelled then sighed, please, "You're doing wonderful."

"Nice job, Ginny!" Harry yelled from out of nowhere. "Ron, do you know how long it's taken her to do that? She wouldn't do that for me! Whoa, she looks like she belongs up there!" he said, pleased, as he veiled his hand over his eyes.

Draco tensed as he saw Ron at the corner of his eye.

"Nice going, Gin!" Ron yelled then without turning to meet Draco's eyes he whispered, still smiling up at his sister, "You ever touch my sister again and I'll kill you!"

Draco jerked his head towards Ron. "Oh, Ronnie boy, I've done more than just touch her, I took her virginity!" he spoke dangerously.

The color drained from Ron's face.

"Ron!" Harry pulled him back. "Merlin!"

Ron was more in shock than he was mad. "S-she would never let you touch her like that! You're disgusting…she's so much better than you."

Draco cast his eyes down, suddenly not wanting to fight with mop of red hairpiece of dead weight meat anymore. "You're right, she is so much better than I am, I consider myself lucky that she ever let me show her what Potter had the chance to show her for four years. I'm glad you never gave her a chance."

"You son of-if I find out that you raped her-" Ron suddenly hollered.

He jerked from Harry's grip and punched Draco hard in the face. The force of the hit jerked him off his feet and he fell.

Ginny frowned down at the scene and swiftly zoomed down.

"I didn't!" Draco yelled. "I don't want to fight you!"

"Wow! That's a first! What's the matter? Scared I might kick the shit out of you?" Ron yelled sarcastically as he lifted his foot to kick him in the ribs.

Draco stopped his foot and turned it causing Ron to collapse instantly to the floor. "It's called respect, you asshole! I have respect for you sister and THAT is why I won't swing at you!"

"I think my heart has stopped…the sleaze boy's gotten morals," Ron sneered.

"Stop it, Ron!"

He turned swiftly towards his angry sister. He leapt up and went towards her, but stopped as he saw the distant look in her eyes as she watched him. It was then he knew then that he should have listened to Hermione.

"Why did you do this?" Ginny's voice trembled, but had a calmness that made Ron's heart sink.

Draco pulled himself up. "It's okay. I'm fine!"

"That's not the point…Ron, I know you saw me kissing him. You know, I-I'd understand if no one else saw that I have feelings for him, but you, you're my brother. You should have seen it!"

"Ginny, you can't have feelings for something like that!"

Ginny gave him a solemn look. "He's not an 'it' Ron. When are you going to grow up, huh? When are both of you going to realize that you don't have to fight all the time?" she directed at both of them.

"He needs to grow up too, Ginny."

She shook her head. "No, Ron, he is grown up, because he didn't swing back at you! It takes a man, to not swing in a fight when he's being beaten down, it takes a man to look the enemy in the eye and say 'you're not worth it, I won't fight you.' "

"I'm not worth it?" Ron yelled and his eyes blazed. "Oh, would you choose him over your own brother."

Draco sucked in his breath. "That's not what I want, I-"

"Shut-up, Malfoy!"

"Don't talk to him like that! Only I can talk to him like that!" Ginny finally started yelling.

"Hey!" Draco started.

"Shut-up," she yelled then returned a surprise stare toward her brother. "Are you giving me an ultimatum?"

Ron pursed his lips. "What if I was? What would you do?"

Tears filled Ginny's eyes. "I would choose my brother, but my respect for you would be non-existent if you made me give up the one person that I truly-that I-" she stopped and turned her head away from them.

"That you what?" Ron gritted out.

Ginny took in a shuddering breath refusing too look at Draco. "That I love, with all my heart," finally she brought her eyes to Draco's face.

He was staring at her in shock.

"I-I love him."

They had whispered words of love during their lovemaking and few times before, but they hadn't meant anything really. This felt different to Draco, perhaps it was because he could see the devotion in her eyes, or it may have been the way her body leaned towards his direction unintentionally.

He let out an irregular breath as he shook his head. "No! He's right, you can't love someone like me!"

"But I can, and I do, and I'm sorry if that makes you feel uncomfortable. I don't expect you to give anything in return! Don't feel obligated to say anything back, I just wanted you to know, that you are a person that can be loved, despite your past," her voice cracked as she went closer to him.

Draco glared. "You don't know what you're saying," his voice trembled.

"Ginny," Ron called.

She turned slowly.

"Tell me you love him again, so I can see your face," Ron insisted.

She gave him a questioning look.

"Gin, just do it."

"I love him."

Ron stared at her face and sighed after two minutes, as if he saw what he didn't want to see. He gave his head a shake. "Damn! Okay, I'll stop."

Ginny turned her head and looked at him. "What?"

"I won't make you choose. I can see it plainly on your face that you love him. I understand. I'll back away, but I refuse to back fully out!"

She shook her head and gave a laugh. "I would never, ever, want you to!"

She gave a scream and launched herself into his arms.

"I still don't like the fact that you choose him to fall in love with," Ron growled.

Ginny pulled back, laughed, and ruffled his hair. "You are such an idiot!"

Ron gave one last grim look towards Draco and walked away.

"Ginny-I…" Draco started.

"Need time to think?" Ginny asked walking over to him.

He shook his head.

"I understand. I needed time to think about it too," she said leaning up and kissing the corner of his mouth. "Seeya tonight?"

"Um, yeah," he whispered as he watched her walk away.

"Hey Draco baby!" Giselle's voice filled his ears. "Long time no see. So how's it been with 'Red'?"

From a distance Ginny watched as the brown haired girl draped herself over him. Her heart clenched as she watched a smile spread across his face.

She turned with a frown and walked away with her arms wrapped around her waist. The wind was caressing her cheeks as if comforting her.

Trust him, Ginny.

Has he given me a reason to?

Has he given you a reason not to?

No.

So trust him.

She smiled and walked away with her head up.

-----------------------

"So, what do you want to do?" Giselle asked as trailed her hand suggestively down his stomach.

He snatched her hand and threw it away.

"Ah…don't be a spoilt sport!" she pouted. "I want to have some fun."

Draco gave her a mean look and pushed her aside. "Giselle, not now."

Giselle looked at his retreating back, pouting she scoffed. "You're in love with her! Well I'll be damned."

"I'm not in love with her! I feel for her."

"Oh do not give me that grade A movie shit! You love her and it scares you to death."

"Giselle, don't make me hurt you," he growled.

She gulped, knowing he would do it. "Draco, talk to me! No matter what you think, I'm more than a fuck buddy…well I'm not even that anymore…but I'm still your friend. You talk, I listen!"

"Friend?" he asked trying to sound malicious.

Giselle tried to meet his eyes. "Friends!"

He took a deep breath. "Lets talk."