Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Destiny of One by Hermiones Twin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Destiny of One

Hermiones Twin

Author's Note: Another day, another update. I plan on seeing OotP this evening. I'm so happy it's out! If I'm feeling cheerful after I see the movie, I may update again. Anyway, thanks for the reviews! I really do enjoy reading them. Thanks once again to Charmaine, too, for putting up with me at work and correcting all of the typos I make whenever I write at 1:00 in the morning. That's all!

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

THE VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE

The Azkaban breakout was the only thing the student body spoke of for the next several days. Everyone had read the article on the escape-how the vampires and dementors swarmed into the infamous prison, lead by a contingent of only ten Death Eaters. The Aurors guarding Azkaban were overrun. Four of them lost their lives by the Killing Curse, another seven were the victims of vampires, and a horrific twelve had their souls sucked out of them by the dementors.

This news lead for many students to beg Harry to increase his D.A. meetings to twice a month, but as Harry was already bogged down with his homework, training, Quidditch practices, and duties as Head Boy, he had to decline.

"Ask Lupin to teach you more jinxes," Harry told them. "I can only handle the once a month meetings right now."

The heightened fears of the students, however, lead to the biggest D.A. meeting yet at the end of January. Harry was amazed at the turnout, staring at all of the faces looking back at him, wearing nervous expressions. There were even a larger number of Slytherins attending. Usually Harry just had the ones who were more like Blaise Zabini instead of Draco Malfoy. Now, however, he reckoned he had a great deal of Slytherins in there that wanted nothing to do with Voldemort and were therefore scared that they would be killed one day because of it.

"So-er-I wanted to show you this nifty spell I was taught not too long ago, to go along with that one meeting we had on Silencing," Harry said. "You can use either or. I'm just presenting this one as a different option. Plus, as I've learned, it's a tad more difficult to undo this spell than the other one.

"Anyone want to volunteer?" he asked.

"I'll do it, Harry," Hermione said, stepping forward.

He gave her a warm smile. "Okay. I think you'll like this one, Hermione," he said, taking out his wand. "Are you ready?"

She nodded. "Fire away."

He pointed his wand at her. "Langlock!" he cried. He watched as a look of shock washed over her face. She seemed to be trying desperately to remove her tongue from the roof of her mouth, but to no avail. He gave the crowd a timid smile. "This spell, along with others, was-er-created by four brilliant former students. Since few know about it, this could give you an advantage if ever faced with a Death Eater." He waved his wand at Hermione, muttering the countercurse. "Try it out. See how well it works for you."

"Four brilliant former students?" Hermione said when everyone started to practice. "They didn't go by the names of Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs, would they have?"

"Maybe," Harry murmured.

"When did Lupin teach you that spell? And why didn't he teach the rest of us?" she asked.

"He told me about it one time when I ran into him," he lied, feeling a pang of guilt for doing so. "Told me about a few others as well."

"You'll have to teach them to me. I love new spells," she said.

He grinned at her. "I will. Just you wait."

*****

February arrived without incident. Harry's training continued. Moody tested him out against knives, swords, and crossbows; things that made Harry very nervous when he first encountered them. Dumbledore said he was continuing to improve in both Occlumency and wandless magic, which made Harry happy.

Before Harry knew it though, the next and final Hogsmeade weekend was rapidly approaching and with it, as Ginny pointed out to them one day while sitting at breakfast, Valentine's Day.

Ron grunted at the news. "S'pose I ought to take Luna to someplace nice," he said.

"Won't it be your first official date with her?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah. The Three Broomsticks is nice enough, isn't it?" he asked.

"Madam Puddifoot's is the place to go if you want to snog, only watch out that confetti doesn't fall into your tea," Harry said. He glanced over at Hermione to see that she was frowning. "What?"

"Oh, nothing," she said vaguely.

"I'm not buying that," he said, leaning closer to her. "Cho and I didn't snog in there. I told you everything that happened on that disaster of a date, don't you remember?"

"Of course I do. But, still…she probably wanted you to snog her," Hermione said.

"I thought you told me you weren't jealous of Cho," Harry said.

"I'm not. At least, not anymore," she replied.

"It was two years ago, Hermione. Two long years ago and quite frankly, it's a date I'd like to forget completely," he told her. "She wasn't the right one for me."

Hermione gave him a sly look. "And just who is?"

He had to fight the urge to kiss her on the tip of her nose. "I think you know," he said.

"Do I?"

"You do. But if you need proof, we'll talk later," he added with a wink.

She barely suppressed her giggle. "Okay."

"Hey-er-can we get back to my problem?" Ron asked.

"What problem?" Hermione said, turning to him. "Go on a nice long walk with Luna and then end up back at the Three Broomsticks to warm yourselves up with some hot mugs of butterbeer."

"Okay," Ron said. "I guess this is good news for the two of you, though. You really will have some time to spend alone together, now that I'll have Luna preoccupied."

Harry chuckled. "Yeah, but we'll talk about you constantly while we're there just to be on the safe side. Unless you want to do something else," he added to Hermione.

"I was hoping to go browsing around the shops," Hermione said. "I wonder how many people are going to use the grounds surrounding the Shrieking Shack as snogging grounds."

"You mean you wonder how many people still think the Shrieking Shack is haunted," Harry said, grinning. "I dunno…is there a full moon tonight?"

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Are you suggesting that we ask Professor Lupin to sneak down to the Shrieking Shack and remind people why it's the most haunted building in all of Britain?"

"Or maybe we could," Harry said.

"You're incorrigible," she said, but was unable to hide her grin. She checked her watch. "We can plan later. We've got to get to Potions."

Harry groaned. "I would love to skive off that class," he muttered.

"And have Snape throw you into detention cleaning out his jars of pig intestines? Oh yes, I'm sure," Hermione said, grabbing his arm and pulling. "Consider Potions a necessary evil on your route to becoming an Auror."

He sighed and turned back to Ron. "See you in Herbology."

"See you, mate," Ron said. "Glad I'm not you."

When Harry and Hermione arrived outside of the Potions classroom, several Slytherins were standing around, waiting for it to begin also. The group included Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson, who were having a loud conversation.

"Oh, come on, Draco! Just for one day, please? It's pathetic to be our age and not have somebody to spend Valentine's Day with. We used to have so much fun together. Why not one more go?" Pansy was pleading, but Malfoy looked like he was having none of it.

"No," he said flatly. "I hate Valentine's Day. It's a mockery of what truly happened that day. Muggles came up with it so that they could sell more flowers, chocolates, and cards. It's ridiculous! I don't even know how our world even ended up celebrating it. Probably a bunch of stupid Mudbloods brought the idea in."

"Watch your tongue, Malfoy, or I may stick it to the roof of your mouth," Harry growled.

Malfoy glanced at him. "This isn't any of your concern, Potter, so sod off."

Harry was about to reach for his wand, but Hermione put a restraining hand on him. "Don't rise to it. Just leave him alone," she murmured.

Pansy was glaring at them. "Draco, please, I don't want to be like Granger and be all alone! One day, come on! I promise I'll make it worth your while."

"I'm not interested," Malfoy said.

She stomped her foot. "You've been so utterly boring since your mother died. I'm not sure why, though. I thought you hated the fact that she coddled you. Was that all just a show? Did you actually enjoy being treated like a baby?"

The rest of the Slytherins, Crabbe and Goyle included, all laughed. It was certainly odd seeing Malfoy in this position. Usually he was the one making them laugh.

He scowled and stepped closer to her. "Shut up, you dirty little wench. I doubt you'd talk that way if your mum died. If any of your mums died!" he said, glaring at the rest of them. When he turned back to Pansy, he said, "I doubt the world would mourn if your mum died, though, what with the way she looks."

She slapped him, hard, leaving a bright red mark on his slightly pink cheeks. He said nothing. Instead, he glanced up at Harry and Hermione.

Hermione sighed and stepped forward. Harry sensed it was the last thing she really wanted to do, however. "Pansy, you do realize that I have to give you a detention for this, right?"

"Like you actually give a crap that I just hit him," Pansy said. "I bet a large part of you just cheered when I did that."

"It is my duty as Head Girl to uphold the rules," Hermione bit out, "regardless of how much I enjoyed seeing his comeuppance."

As this was happening, the rest of the class was showing up with Snape right behind them. "What's going on here?" he said, surveying the scene.

"I've just had to give Pansy a detention, sir," Hermione said. "She slapped Malfoy."

Snape stared at them all for a moment. "Will you attest to that, Mr. Malfoy?"

Malfoy straightened. "I don't know what Granger's talking about, sir. She must be hallucinating."

"Five points from Gryffindor," Snape said, "for trying to punish those that need not be punished. Inside."

Harry and Hermione both glared at Malfoy as he passed them to enter the classroom. "That's the last time I ever do anything remotely nice for him," she spat in a quiet voice to Harry.

"I don't know why you did in the first place," Harry said. "He needs to get smacked around from time to time."

When everyone had settled at their desks, Snape said, "Turn to page four-hundred and ninety-six in your books. Now."

Harry got out his book and began to flip to the page. Girls that had already done so began to giggle. When Harry read the heading, he understood why. "You've got to be kidding me," he whispered to Hermione.

"Love potions," Snape said. "I only teach about them once and that is in the seventh year. As it is, the only reason why I teach my students about such potions is because they can have devastating affects on people's lives. After all, how would you like it if you suddenly found out that the person you supposedly love has been feeding a love potion to you?

"That is why we are going to begin brewing one today. At the end of class today, you get to test them. The effects will last for an hour. The instructions are in your book. Begin!"

Harry got out his cauldron and set to work. After doing so many complexes poisons and antidotes, the love potion Snape had selected seemed rather easy. He glanced over at Hermione's potion a few times and was pleased to see that his was exactly the same color as hers. Finally, with fifteen minutes to spare, the potion was completed.

"You should all be done by now," Snape said, sweeping up and down the rows. "Add the final ingredient-a strand of your own hair-and ladle it up into a phial. Then trade your phial for somebody else's. Oh, and I would recommend that you trade with somebody of the opposite sex."

A lot of people sniggered at this as they plucked out a strand of their own hair and added it to their potion. Harry pulled a hair from his bangs out and dropped it in his cauldron. It sizzled slightly and turned a brighter red as the hair dissolved. He then ladled some up, put it in a phial, and turned to Hermione. "Want to be in love with me for an hour?" he asked with a grin.

"Only if you'll be in love with me for an hour," she replied, switching phials with him.

Harry raised up the phial she gave him. "Cheers," he said and drank the contents in one gulp.

A warm sensation spread through his veins. He felt happy. He turned to Hermione and saw she had a dreamy look in her eyes. Suddenly, he had a powerful urge to kiss her, stronger than any he had ever felt before.

"Class dismissed," Snape said, distracting him. Harry and Hermione packed up their stuff and left.

"It's funny," Hermione said as they headed up the steps of the dungeon. "I don't feel very different. Just very content with life."

"Me, too," Harry said.

"Mandy, you're so beautiful," Terry Boot was saying as he and Mandy Brocklehurst passed them up the stairs. "I don't ever want to be parted from you."

Harry and Hermione watched them go. "That must explain it," Hermione said. "I already feel that way about you, so that's why the potion doesn't seem like it's working."

"Tell me," Harry said, staring at her as they entered the entrance hall, "d'you have this huge urge to snog me senseless? Because I have a huge urge to snog you right now."

Hermione stopped. "I've been trying to fight it. We've got Herbology next."

"Snape let us out ten minutes early," Harry said, looking around. The rest of the seventh-year Potions students were making their way out of the entrance hall. "Come here," Harry growled and pulled Hermione over to a door. He wrenched it open and shoved her inside. The moment he closed the door, he let himself succumb to the urge and crushed his lips to hers. He needed to kiss her. He had to kiss her. There was no other choice.

They broke apart twelve minutes later. Hermione pulled out her wand and murmured, "Lumos." She looked around. "A broom cupboard. Oh how clichéd."

Harry laughed and kissed her again.

*****

The weekend finally arrived. Harry was very excited about spending the whole day alone with Hermione. Ron seemed pretty excited-and nervous-about his first official date with Luna, too.

"Does any shop sell flowers in Hogsmeade? I feel like I should buy flowers for her," Ron said.

"Who says you need to buy flowers?" Harry said, taking out his wand. "Make them. Orchideous!" A bouquet of flowers came out of the end of his wand. With a shrug, he handed them to Hermione. "Happy Valentine's Day."

She laughed. "Thanks, Harry."

"Where'd you learn that spell?" Ron asked.

"From Mr. Ollivander back in fourth year. He tested Fleur's wand with that spell," Harry replied.

"It's also in the Standard Book of Spells, Grade Two," Hermione said.

"I don't remember covering it in class," Ron said.

"That's because we didn't. We never cover all of the spells in those books. That's why you're supposed to read them," she said.

"Reading for class is a waste of my time," Ron said, causing Hermione to give an exasperated sigh.

After breakfast, Ron left them to go meet Luna, a bouquet of freshly conjured flowers in his hands. Harry and Hermione stood over in a corner of the entrance hall, waiting for Filch to arrive to check their names off the Hogsmeade list.

"We could always go into a broom cupboard and snog," Harry suggested, causing Hermione to laugh.

"I think people would notice," she said. "Our goal is to still keep things quiet, isn't it?"

He nodded. "It is. Alright, the broom cupboard is a bad idea. Personally, I'm still open to using the Shrieking Shack."

"I don't feel like fighting the Whomping Willow today," Hermione said.

"Spoilsport," Harry muttered, but grinned nonetheless.

Filch arrived and the students queued up to leave. Harry spotted the back of Ron's head about a good twenty people ahead of him. He seemed to be talking animatedly to Luna.

"I think they're going to have a good time," Hermione said, following his gaze.

"Me, too," Harry said as the line began to steadily move forward. When they reached Filch, he muttered, "Potter…Granger…"

"So, where to first?" Harry asked, stepping out onto the still snow-covered grounds.

"I was hoping to go to Scrivenshaft's and look for a new quill. Mine's looking rather worn down," she said.

"Scrivenshaft's it is," Harry said. "Any place else after that?"

"You pick," she replied.

"Okay. How about Honeydukes? They always seem to have something special out for Valentine's Day."

"Sure. That sounds good."

"Then, after that?"

"We could go into Zonko's. I'm sure you'd love to see what they've got there."

"Nah. I don't want to give money to Fred and George's competition.

"Very well. Then we can just walk around and enjoy the-er-cold."

He laughed. "Or we could go to the Three Broomsticks, which will be packed, and try to find a table for ourselves."

"We could do that, too."

They made their way into Hogsmeade. Harry wanted to reach over and hold her hand, but quashed that notion. Hand holding wasn't the best way to keep a relationship a secret. Instead, he and Hermione traveled along like they normally did-not touching and talking about trivial and mundane things such as schoolwork or what had happened in the last prefects' meeting.

"I hope it warms up a tad and the snow begins to melt," Harry said as they entered Scrivenshaft's. "I don't want to play Quidditch next week in these conditions."

"You're still preparing for the worst, though, aren't you?" she asked.

"Oh, yeah. The team and I are prepared to play in a blizzard," he said, looking around. The shop was filled with all different sorts of quill pens and ink bottles. They even had different sized rolls of parchment. "What, exactly, are you looking for?"

"Something nice," she said, shaking her head at an expensive peacock quill pen. "Nothing gaudy, like this."

"How about those?" Harry asked, gesturing to a fine set of eagle quill pens. "Three of them for a Galleon."

Hermione examined them. "They're a pretty nice quality. I'm sure the lot of them will last me the rest of the year, too."

"And then some. Unless you plan on writing a novel," he said, smirking.

"Not anytime soon," she said. "Okay, I'll get them."

"Allow me," he said, slipping a Galleon out of his pocket and walking over to the register. When he paid for them, he rejoined Hermione. "Here you are," he said, handing the quills over to her.

"Thank you. You didn't have to do that though," she said.

He shrugged. "What's a Galleon here or there?" he said.

"Don't let Ron hear you talk like that," she said as they headed out the door and back into the cold.

"Of course not," he said, leading the way down to Honeydukes. "I know better than that."

When they reached Honeydukes, they found it filled with a mass of black cloaks. Harry and Hermione squeezed their way inside and looked around. Harry grabbed a pack of Drooble's Best Blowing Gum while Hermione picked up a new Chocolate Frogs. As they moved their way toward the front to pay, Harry noticed a display of heart-shaped lollipops next to a glass case filled with little cakes shaped like a cupid. The sign on the glass case said:

Cupid Cakes:

Mixing Amorentia in the batter means it's love in a cake!

"Amorentia?" Harry queried.

Hermione frowned. "The most powerful love potion in the world. A sip of that and you'll be infatuated and obsessed with the one that gave it to you for months."

"Shouldn't that be illegal, then?" Harry asked.

"I suspect Honeydukes is doing it for a little Valentine's Day fun," she said.

"We should buy one and give it to Malfoy. Make him fall for a real ferret or something," Harry said.

"I'd rather not risk detention for that," Hermione said.

They paid for their sweets and headed out. Unfortunately, as they walked down High Street, they ran into somebody that Harry was surprised-and upset-to see.

"Oh, hello," Rita Skeeter said, eyeing Harry and Hermione. "Fancy seeing you two here."

"It's a Hogsmeade weekend," Harry replied curtly. "If you'd just excuse us…"

"What's your rush, Harry?" Rita asked. "I'm surprised to see you and Miss Smarty-Pants here alone. What happened to your friend, Roland?"

"It's none of your concern where Ron is," Hermione said acidly. "Leave us alone."

"Did you two ditch him to spend Valentine's Day alone?" Rita asked. "Have you two gotten back together?" She started to rifle through her crocodile-skinned handbag.

"We never were together in the first place. You made that up," Harry reminded her.

"Hmm? Oh yes. That was a fun story to write," she said, grinning. "I could clear the air, of course. That is, if Harry would be willing enough to grant me an interview. The Prophet hasn't heard about you in so long. Some of the staff there are beginning to wonder whether or not there's something special about you in the first place. They're saying that you just got lucky. I know better though," she said with a wink. "Come on, Harry. An exclusive interview on what you've been up to. If you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours."

"Sorry," Harry said flatly. "Not interested."

"Don't answer so quickly," Rita said. "I can give your some great publicity-make you the public's favorite hero again. You want that, don't you? Because right now you're playing second fiddle to that Auror, Gawain Greene. People love him. He's very handsome, after all. I could put you back in the limelight faster than you can say 'You-Know-Who.' What do you say, Harry?"

"No," Harry said.

She shook her head. "Harry, Harry, Harry…I hope you're not going to try something rash to get back into the papers. Tell you what, if you change your mind, I'll be over at the Hog's Head. Come and see me."

"Uh-huh," Harry said.

"See you around, Harry," she said with a smile.

Before she could leave, though, Hermione said, "Hey Rita!"

She turned and looked at Hermione. "What? Do you want to give me an interview? I'm sorry to say the public wouldn't be very interested in you alone. However, if you were to give me an exclusive on Harry, from a friend's point of view, I'd be happy to sit down with you."

Hermione gave a derisive laugh. "That's not what I had in mind. I just wanted to let you know that if you write anything against either Harry or myself, I'll write a letter to the editor telling him about your little-er-ability."

"Oh? Didn't you hear? I registered with the Ministry," Rita said. "You can't blackmail me anymore, Curly." She turned back to Harry. "I'm serious about that interview, Harry. Drop by if you change your mind."

Harry and Hermione watched her walk away before continuing on their way. Hermione bristled. "I hate that woman. I bet you that there will be an article about you in the Prophet, mark my word."

"Just forget about her," Harry said, pulling the door to the Three Broomsticks open. "She can write whatever she wants about me. I don't care."

Hermione sighed. "You're right. Let's go buy our butterbeers and find a place to sit, okay?"

"That was my plan," he said. "And how about after we finish the butterbeers, we go back to Hogwarts and find a nice quiet spot just for ourselves?"

She smiled. "That sounds nice."

*****

The butterbeer had been nice, but the evening alone had been even better. Harry and Hermione had decided to eat dinner in the Room of Requirement. Hermione had gone up to the Room to set it up while Harry had gone down to the kitchen to enlist Dobby's help.

"Dobby is most pleased to help Harry Potter," Dobby had squeaked happily as he and the other house-elves ran around, whipping up a wonderful repast for him and Hermione.

So, after a wonderful candlelit dinner with Hermione, Harry found himself back in his dorm getting ready for bed. Ron was there as well, chatting about his day with Luna.

"She's pretty funny," Ron was saying. "She really does have this unique sense of humor. I don't know how I missed it before."

"You'd be surprised what's exactly under your nose that you never notice," Harry said, putting on his pajama top. "When you do finally notice what's there, you feel really stupid."

"Is that the way you felt?" Ron asked.

"Incredibly so," Harry said.

Ron laughed. Neville, Seamus, and Dean joined them shortly afterward.

"Anybody want to warm up? I bought a load of Pepper Imps at Honeydukes," Dean said.

Seamus grinned. "Sure, toss one here, mate. I'll breathe fire for us."

"Brave man," Dean said, tossing him one. "How about you, Neville?"

"Er-I better not," Neville said.

"You're no fun," Seamus said, popping the Pepper Imp into his mouth.

"Harry? Ron?" Dean asked.

Harry and Ron looked at each other, then shrugged. "Let's see who can breathe out the most fire," Ron said.

"Awesome!" Dean said, tossing both Harry and Ron some Pepper Imps.

"Oh, okay, give me one, too," Neville said.

"Ar, that's a g-good m-man," Seamus sputtered, his eyes watering. Suddenly, flames shot out from his mouth. The other four cheered.

"Nice one, Seamus!" Dean said, popping a Pepper Imp in his mouth.

The boys continued their fun until all of them were very tired. They crawled into their beds and turned out the lights. Ron burped out fire once, causing them to laugh, but other than that, it was quiet and Harry soon felt himself drift off to sleep.

There was a knock on the door. Harry turned toward it. "What?" he snapped.

The door opened and a head poked in. "My lord, Wormtail has returned with Greyback."

"Excellent, Alecto. What about Addams?"

"No, master," Alecto Carrow said. "He was not with Wormtail."

Harry scowled. "Very well, Alecto, send Wormtail in."

The door closed only to be opened moments later by the wheezing, bald form of Peter Pettigrew, the sleazy rat animagus also known as Wormtail. Following him was a large man with matted gray hair and whiskers. His eyes were black; his teeth were sharp and yellow.

"Fenrir Greyback," Harry greeted.

Greyback bowed deeply to him. "My lord," he said in a raspy voice.

"I am pleased you decided to come. I had actually hoped that you would seek me out, but no matter. Let us get down to business immediately," Harry said. "Can I trust you and your pack to follow me with unconditional loyalty?"

Greyback smiled. "Of course, my lord. Wormtail here told me that you'd give us the freshest prey we've ever had."

"I will. I promise you that. And you know that Lord Voldemort keeps his promises."

"I do, my lord," Greyback said.

"Good. Give me your left arm," Harry said. "I shall finally confirm a status on you that you should have been given during my last campaign."

Greyback stepped forward, rolling up the left sleeve of his robes. He presented the grimy arm to Harry, who took it in his spidery hands.

"Yes, right there," Harry murmured, taking out his wand. "Morsmordre!"

Greyback growled as he was branded with a tattoo of a snake coming out of a skull's mouth-the Dark Mark. When Harry let go of his arm, Greyback got on his knees and kissed the hem of his robes. "Thank you, master," Greyback said.

"Rise, my servant. My Death Eater," Harry said. "You and your werewolves will get a wonderful part in our next mission, Greyback. Position yourselves in Cardiff. At the full moon, hunt. Right now, I'm letting my vampires do that in Inverness and, as my Death Eater in charge of the mission has told me in his last update, the Aurors have yet to arrive on the scene and already thirty Muggles are dead."

Greyback gave a feral grin. "My pack and I thank you, master." With that, he spun on his heel and left.

"Come here, Wormtail," Harry said after Greyback had left to the cowering man who stood at the back of the room.

Wormtail moved forward, shaking from head to foot. "Yes, master?" he squeaked.

"Where is Addams?" Harry asked.

Wormtail cowered again, then blurted out, "I tried to stop him, my lord! I tried, but he ran! We were in a graveyard and he performed the sacrifices necessary to start raising the Inferi. Once he had about a dozen of them, he ran away, taking them with him! I don't know what he was thinking, but left."

Harry raised his wand. "Legilimens!"

He watched Wormtail's memories as they flowed past him: Wormtail standing by while Addams made his sacrifices, the Inferi rising, the Inferi clasping hands with each other, and Addams grabbing the nearest Inferius before Apparating with the whole lot.

He released Wormtail. "The fool," he said in his coldest voice. "He will be dealt with. We will find him, just like we found Regulus Black."

"Master-"

He raised his wand again. "Crucio!" he shouted, sending Wormtail into a fit of pain. He listened to his screams with satisfaction.

That was when Harry woke up. He knew only one thing: the vampires were attacking in Inverness and no one was there to stop them.