Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Stone Circle by TheGreatFox2000
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Stone Circle

TheGreatFox2000

Welcome back to all of you.

This week, I would like to say a few words about myself before you begin reading.

This story has been wearing on me as of late. I am having trouble keeping myself motivated, and part of that reason is because I don't feel the H/Hr flame as I once did. It's still there, but what was once a magnificent bonfire has been reduced to smoldering embers.

It is important to remember that I do not get paid for doing this...I do it merely for the enjoyment of others, and myself. In the past, fanfiction was a way for me to escape my harsh reality and enjoy a world of fantasy where I can control what happens.

However, a very wise person made a good point to me a few weeks ago, and that has helped me realize some of the errors of my ways.

My fantasies used to involve helping the world the way Harry does, and the way Hermione helps him. Unfortunately, the odds of me being able to accomplish something of that magnitude are very slim. I have since come to realise that we all have our specialties, and should we use them to the best of our abilities, we can all help to make this darkened world a better place.

I have not said all this to make you fear for the life of this story. I would never betray my readers like that. I value one thing above all others and that is honor. To quit a story is dishonorable. I have no intentions of doing that, nor of letting the quality of this story deteriorate. The world is in need to brightness during these dark times, and if I can help bring that light, then I will damn well do it to my finest ability.

I do however, request one thing from you, my readers.

At the end of each chapter, I shall no longer leave an authors note, but a small portion of my wisdom which I impart to you. If you take nothing else from my writings, take my wisdom, and use it to better your own lives, and the lives of those around you.

(Note that I'm not really trying to be conceited here, even though it may come off like that).

With that being said, enjoy!

---------------

Chapter 11: Relationships

Harry sighed and looked out at the powder-covered grounds from the window in the common room.

"Hard to believe it's already December, isn't it?" asked Ron, from his seat on the floor across from Neville, who was currently contemplating his next move on the chessboard.

"A bit," admitted Harry, turning around and leaning against the window. "I'm still worried about Lupin."

"I thought he was doing better," said Ginny from the sofa.

"Yeah, but Tonks says he wants to get back to Order duties and isn't spending enough time resting," said Harry.

"She's good for him," commented Hermione from her chair near the fireplace.

"Aye," said Ron as Neville moved. "Checkmate."

"Bloody hell," groaned Neville as Ron grinned and moved to reset the pieces. "You should be doing this for money, Ron."

"Hmm," he said thoughtfully. "You may have something there Nev. Hey Gin, why don't you play while I discuss this with Harry."

"Ron, I don't think gambling is a good -"

"I think," stressed Ron. "That I'd like to discuss it with Harry while my sister plays a game of chess with Neville."

Harry saw Hermione about to argue but then something clicked and she sighed and waved him off.

"You're a sneaky one," muttered Harry and Ron walked over to him. "You don't have a problem with them?"

"Nah," shrugged Ron, watching Neville and Ginny banter playfully while finishing setting up the pieces. "She's different around him than she is with any other bloke...it's almost like she's..."

"Relaxed?" asked Harry, finishing Ron's sentence.

"Yeah," said Ron, rubbing the back of his neck. "Like they're natural together."

Harry smiled and looked over at Hermione who was reading a book.

"Listen, mate," said Ron. "Can you cover for me for a bit? I...I want to run to the kitchens real quick."

"Sure," grinned Harry. "And say hi to Luna for me while you're at it."

Ron said nothing, but Harry could see a blush creep up to the tips of his ears as he walked away and out of the common room.

"Where did he go?" asked Hermione as Harry walked over and sat on one of the armrests of the chair she was sitting in.

"Oh, just to the kitchens," smiled Harry.

"Hmm...I'm sure," chuckled Hermione. "When did he and Luna finally get together?"

"I don't know," answered Harry. "I think it was the first Hogsmeade weekend, but every time I bring it up he gets this goofy grin on his face and blushes before changing the subject."

"Well it's good for both of them," said Hermione with a smile. "Can you imagine what their kids will be like?"

"I'm not quite sure the world is ready for that," laughed Harry.

"Not quite sure the world is ready for what?" asked Ginny from her seat.

"Your brother's children," chuckled Harry.

"Him and Luna?" asked Ginny. Hermione nodded. "Yeah...I can't really fathom that."

"Would you go for a walk with me?" asked Harry softly as Ginny and Neville resumed their chess game. Hermione looked up at him with a gentle smile and nodded.

"Where are you two going?" asked Neville as they began walking out.

"Where do you think?" smirked Ginny. "They're going off to snog somewhere."

Hermione's face reddened mercilessly at that, but Harry simply laughed.

"Keep your fantasies to yourself, Gin," he said. "Or you could share them with Nev if you wanted..."

Harry and Hermione chuckled as they walked out of the common room, Ginny's face as red as her hair.

"Well...that was embarrassing," said Neville once they had gone, his face also slightly flushed. "You...you don't really fantasize about Harry, do you?"

"No," said Ginny honestly. She paused for a moment before smiling and looking up at him. "Would you like to know who I do fantasize about?"

"Um...." gulped Neville as Ginny smiled gently and leaned over the chessboard.

=====

"It's so beautiful out," whispered Hermione as they walked out onto the terrace at the top of the Astronomy Tower. "It's a shame it's cold enough to be snowing."

"Here," said Harry, giving her his robe.

"You'll freeze," protested Hermione.

"Nah," said Harry, wrapping the garment around her shoulders. Hermione smiled and looked at him.

"You just shivered."

"I did n-not," replied Harry, his teeth chattering on the last word. Hermione laughed.

"Come here," she said, drawing her wand and transfiguring his robe so that it was large enough to cover over both of them. Smiling he stepped into her embrace and let the robe settle around both of them. "Why do you like it up here so much?"

"I dunno," he said honestly. "It's so quiet...and peaceful...and it's about as close as I can come to flying without having to take my feet off the ground."

"It is rather nice," smiled Hermione, resting her head on Harry's shoulder. "Harry?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you ever wonder what you'll do when this is all over?"

"You mean the war?" he asked. Hermione nodded. "I don't know," he replied truthfully. "I've always wanted to be an auror...but after all the Ministry has done to me and the people I care about, I'm not sure I could work for them."

"I can understand that," whispered Hermione.

"I guess...for now, all I want is you in my life," smiled Harry.

"Thank you." They stood together in silence for a while before Hermione spoke again. "Can I ask you something?"

"Anything," replied Harry.

"Do you think we're trying too hard?" she asked. "To figure out that despair riddle, I mean." Harry sighed.

"I have no clue," he shrugged. "We don't have much to go on...only that it's south and that I've been there before."

"And we tried the Dursley's and Godric's Hollow already," continued Hermione. "But those came up empty."

"I think it's a good thing that they weren't home when we stopped by," chuckled Harry. "I doubt Vernon would've been too pleased to see us all again."

"You're probably right," smiled Hermione.

"I'm still concerned about the horcruxes," said Harry. "I mean, we've had incredible luck in finding the two that we did...but we still have two more to find and we literally have nothing to go on."

"We'll find something," said Hermione softly. "We have to."

Harry felt something cold touch the back of his neck and looked up, blinking as flakes of snow began to slowly descend onto their heads.

"Maybe we should head inside," he said. "We do need to get to sleep sometime tonight, after all."

"I suppose so," smiled Hermione as they stood up.

"So what're you getting me for Christmas?" asked Harry jovially as they began walking down the stairs of the tower.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" replied Hermione mischievously.

"Not even a little hint?" he asked.

"Not in the slightest."

"How about a big hint then?"

Hermione laughed as they stepped inside the portrait hole but stopped suddenly at the sight in front of them.

"Er...hey guys," said Ginny nervously from her spot on top of Neville.

"Why did you stop?" asked Harry looking around from behind her. "Oh."

"Erm…I guess I'll go to bed," said Neville, quite red in the face. "Night Gin."

"Night," she said softly as he hurried up the stairs.

Once the door to the dorm had closed Harry and Hermione turned on Ginny.

"Look, just don't tell my brother," she asked before either of them could say anything.

"He has a right to know," said Harry. "If you wanted to keep it private you shouldn't have been snogging out in the open like that."

"I know," sighed Ginny.

"But we won't tell him," said Harry with a smile. "You should."

"Or better yet, tell him together," suggested Hermione. "That'd be a good gesture."

"It's not like we're getting married," said Ginny good-naturedly, rolling her eyes.

"As of yet," grinned Harry, to which Ginny blushed. "I'm happy for you two."

"Thanks," she said. "He's just been so wonderful lately."

"I'm glad to see he got off his arse at least," said Harry. "I had to give him a bit of a shove, I did."

Ginny and Hermione laughed at that.

"So does that mean I'll have to have him give you a shove in return?" asked Ginny, winking at Hermione who blushed.

"Huh?" asked Harry, oblivious to Ginny's meaning.

"Nothing," she smiled. "I'm going to bed. Night you two."

"Night," chorused Harry and Hermione.

Chuckling. they sat down on the couch once Ginny had gone.

"So Ginny and Neville, huh?" laughed Harry. "It's good to see that finally happen."

"I agree," said Hermione. "They really looked good together at the Yule Ball."

"They weren't the only thing that looked great," smiled Harry. Hermione arched an eyebrow at him before it dawned on her and she rolled her eyes.

"Please," she said. "It was just because of what I did to my hair."

"It was because you were just as gorgeous then as you are now," he replied honestly.

"You weren't too bad yourself," blushed Hermione. "But we have a long day of searching ahead of us, we should probably get some sleep."

"Agreed," said Harry stretching. "Oh, by the way, are you coming to the Burrow for the holidays?"

"Of course," nodded Hermione. "I'm going to spend the first couple of days with my parents but I'll be with you and Ron before long."

"Excellent," smiled Harry. "I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Night," said Hermione, kissing him on the cheek.

Had Harry not been lightheaded from her kiss, he might've felt the strange prickling sensation in his scar as he headed up the stairs.

=====

"Ugh, I'm famished," said Ron, stretching his arms out from behind his head. "Wanna get something to eat Harry?"

"Sure," he replied. "Any of you want to come with?"

"I will," said Luna from her seat beside Ginny.

"Could you bring me back something?" asked Hermione, her nose buried in 'Spell Roots, the Differences Between Light and Dark Magic'.

"Sure, you want anything Ginny?" asked Harry.

"No, I'm okay," she replied, studying some ancient runes in a book.

"Be back in a few," said Ron, as he, Luna, and Harry walked out of the library.

"So I'm thinking some fish and chips," said Ron, dreamily. "Haven't had that in a while."

"Sounds good," smiled Luna, looking at Ron with the same expression he was wearing. Harry chuckled and shook his head.

They arrived at the kitchen in a view minutes, all the elves parting to make way for the sprinting Dobby who nearly tackled Harry.

"HARRY POTTER SIR!" the elf squealed. "Tis good to see you again sir!"

"Thanks, Dobby," said Harry, breathing hard. "Do you think we could get some food?"

"Of course," said Dobby, bowing low. "What does you desire?"

"Two plates of fish and chips and how about a leg of lamb and a plate of roast chiken?" asked Harry. Instantly the house-elves made themselves busy to prepare the food. "And four butterbeers?"

Dobby nodded and snapped his fingers, a tray with four frosty, ice-cold bottles of butterbeer appearing which he handed to another elf.

"Does sirs and miss require anything else?" asked Dobby, bowing again.

"Come to think of it," said Harry, squinting around the kitchen. "Where's Kreacher?"

"Why do you want to see him?" asked Ron as another elf went to summon the creature that had lived under the ownership of the Black family for so long.

"Just to check up on him, make sure he's behaving himself."

"Oh Kreacher behaves," said Dobby, shuffling his feet. "But he mutters bad things under his breath…they worry Dobby and the other elves."

"Like what?" asked Harry as Kreacher walked up to him, dragging his feet.

"Master called?" he spat, looking at the floor.

"I did," nodded Harry, crossing his arms. "What have you been saying to the other elves?"

"Nothing," smiled Kreacher nastily, baring his yellow teeth.

"What have you been saying to yourself?"

Kreacher scowled at him.

"Only that the filthy mudbloods and muggle protectors will soon be getting what they deserve," he answered.

"What do you mean by that?" asked Harry.

"Only what I said," said Kreacher. "Does Master need anything else? Kreacher has work to do."

"No, get back to work," said Harry, eyeing the elf carefully as he stalked off to the back of the kitchen.

"Dobby has been worried about him," said Dobby, watching his retreating back. "He has not the normal defeated presence about him like he used to."

"We'll have to see what Hermione says about that," said Ron.

"Can't you ask him if he's up to anything?" asked Luna.

"I doubt it would do much good," sighed Harry as their food was brought to them. "He can find a loophole to almost any question."

"Mind bringing this stuff up to the library for us?" asked Ron.

"Not at all sirs and miss," squeaked an unknown house-elf. "We will charm the food so only you can sees it, that way you won'ts get yelled at by the mean lady."

"The mean lady?" asked Harry with a smirk.

"Bellie means Miz Pince," replied Dobby with a bow. "She treats us elves very harshly...says we disturb her books."

"I wonder what Hermione would say about that," commented Harry.

"Hey, thanks," smiled Ron as the food was put onto silver trays carried by four elves. "You're all a right blessing, that you are."

Every house-elf in view bowed at the compliment.

"Dobby hopes he will see Harry Potter again sometime," smiled Dobby.

"You will," nodded Harry as they turned to leave. "Thanks for everything Dobby."

"For you sir, anything."

Harry couldn't help but snigger at the sight of himself, Ron, and Luna walking back to the library followed by four house-elves.

"I wonder if Hermione's going to approve of this," laughed Ron as they neared their destination.

"Dunno," said Harry. "I hope she doesn't mind."

"We really wonder about what Hermione would think of things a lot, don't we?" asked Ron with a laugh. "It can't be healthy."

"It is a bit disconcerting at times," smiled Luna. "And I doubt she'll dislike the food, Harry. You picked it, after all."

"I suppose," smiled Harry as they entered the library.

"Back already?" asked Ginny as they sat down, the elves placing the trays on the table carefully.

"Yeah," said Ron, grinning greedily at his meal.

"That was fast," commented Hermione, looking at her food. "Thanks for having brining me this, Harry."

"Don't thank me, thank the elves," he replied, leaning back in his chair. Hermione looked down and saw the four elves standing next to her, each of them bowing when she saw them.

"You brought this up for me?" asked Hermione. All four head nodded eagerly at once. "I should pay you then...just let me get my coin pouch..."

"Um...that's okay miss! We have lots of work to do and must return to the kitchens!" squeaked one of the elves.

"Nonsense," said Hermione. "Just give me one second -"

One second and four cracks later the elves were gone.

"Well really," huffed Hermione. "That wasn't very courteous."

"You just frighten them a bit sometimes," smiled Harry.

"Frighten?" asked Hermione indignantly.

"Overwhelm?" suggested Harry.

"I suppose you're right, maybe I should ease up on the whole thing a little bit," smiled Hermione.

"Ease up on what?" asked Ron, wiping his mouth on his sleeve.

"Bloody hell, you ate all of your already?" asked Harry, eyes wide.

"I said I was hungry," shrugged Ron. "You gonna eat that, mate?"

"Yes," said Harry. "Yes I am."

"Pity," said Ron with a smile, grabbing a book and flipping it open.

As the day wore on Harry grew bored of staring at the endless waves text trying to discern a glimmer of information. Ginny had long since left to go find some broom cupboard with Neville, and Luna was paying more attention to Ron than the books. Sighing, he tiredly put his head down on the table and closed his eyes, thinking about going the next day when they would depart Hogwarts for the holidays

"Did you find out?"

"I did, my lord."

"Very good, when will we be ready?"

"Two days."

"Excellent...the students will have settled in their homes for the holiday by then, with the aid of nightfall it will be the perfect time to strike."

"How do you wish us to proceed?"

"I will tell you when the time comes..."

"When the times comes for what?" asked Harry out loud.

"Hmm?" asked Hermione, looking up.

Harry jolted upright. Luna and Hermione were watching him intently while Ron was giving him an appraising look with a raised eyebrow.

"I...I think we may have a problem," said Harry, standing up. "We should see McGonagal."

=====

"Are you sure of this?" asked the headmistress, standing by a window with her back to Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Luna.

"Of what I heard?" asked Harry. "Definitely. But there were no faces...only Voldemort's voice and someone else I recognised but couldn't put my finger on."

"It sounds as if he plans to attack the school," said McGonagal, turning around and walking over to her desk.

"But why would he attack when the students are gone?" asked Hermione as the headmistress sat down. "Wouldn't that cause less casualties?"

"If he plans on doing it that way, he'll have a reason," sighed McGonagal. "It might be that he wants less resistance, it might be that he's trying to catch us off guard...it could be anything."

"So what are we going to do about it?" asked Ron.

"You are going to do nothing," said McGonagal sternly. "Except sit in your respective houses and enjoy the holiday."

"But we're members of the Order too!" protested Harry. "Why are we being excluded from defending the school?"

"Because I will not risk your life to protect a simple building, Potter," said McGonagal. "And I'm simply not stupid enough to allow Miss Granger or Mister Weasley here to fight when I forbade you from it."

Harry opened his mouth to protest but closed it in defeat.

"Nevertheless, I will make sure we are adequately protected from any invasions," said McGonagal. "I will send for help from the Ministry -"

"Since when does the Ministry ever help anyone but themselves?" asked Harry indignantly.

"If you would let me finish, Potter," said McGonagal. "I was going to say that I'll send an anonymous tip that Hogwarts will be attacked."

"I get it," said Luna softly from beside Ron. "If you send an anonymous tip, the Ministry will act because then it looks like they had the information first and took the initiative. If there is an attack and they help prevent it, it makes them look very good."

"Correct," said McGonagal. "And if they're wrong, they can just say they were here to make sure I was doing my job or some bureaucratic idiocy like that."

"And you don't care that the Ministry would get the credit for something like that?" asked Hermione. McGonagal pondered her answer for a while before speaking.

"Part of me is still very angry at the Ministry for the crimes they have committed against all of wizard-kind in the past," admitted McGonagal. "But becoming the head of this school changes you. The politics really stop mattering and all that you want is to protect the school and the way of life it engenders. If you have to say thank you to people who are stuck up in order to maintain that safety, then that is a price I'm willing to pay."

"Well said, Minerva, my dear," said the portrait of Dumbledore from above their heads.

"Thank you, Albus," nodded McGonagal. "Now then, I will begin preparations to defend the castle. You four should start packing so you're not late for the train tomorrow."

"Yes ma'am," muttered Harry as he turned around and stalked from the office.

"Harry?" asked Hermione, running to catch up with him as he stormed down the corridor. "What are you going to do?"

"What I was told to do," he grumbled, moving ahead. "But I don't like it one bit."

"I don't either," said Hermione, touching his arm to get him to slow down. "It seems very...off to me."

"In what way?" asked Harry, slowing his pace.

"I don't know...it just doesn't seem very natural."

Harry nodded in thought as the two of them walked on, Ron and Luna trailing behind, all wondering just what exactly was going on.

=====

Two days later Harry found himself perched once again on the Weasley's roof, waiting anxiously for Hermione's arrival in the unseasonably warm weather. He had received multiple owls from various members of the Order assuring him that any attack made by Voldemort would be met with equal, if not greater resistance, as the Ministry had followed up on the 'anonymous tip' in spades. His fears temporarily at bay, Harry's mind was now on the Christmas present he had gotten Hermione, which was currently residing in his right pocket.

He had returned to the Burrow only to realize that he had forgotten to stop in at Scrivenshaft's before the trip home, and frantically spent two hours pacing the living room of the Burrow before Luna made a timely appearance and presented him with a solution.

"I'm sorry?" asked Harry in disbelief.

"I said let's go shopping," repeated Luna with a smile. "There's a nice set of muggle shops a few kilometers from here, it's an easy walk, and it's broad daylight so we're not really at risk."

"Don't you have plans with Ron?" asked Harry, though in the back of his mind he was more interested in where Ron had been all morning.

"Oh, he and my father are having a nice discussion right now," grinned Luna. "Ronald came over earlier and apparently father decided that they should have a little talk, so I have the afternoon free."

"The whole afternoon?" asked Harry incredulously.

"Father is very protective of me," smiled Luna. "Now then, shall we be off?"

"Er...sure, why not," shrugged Harry, thinking that something would be better than nothing.

Something had appeared in the form of a muggle ring that was supposed to be some sort of promise from the giver to the receiver. After paying the man in the shop, Harry and Luna had leisurely walked back to the Burrow while she told him the history behind 'promise rings'.

And so, three hours later Harry was sitting on the roof, watching Luna pick dandelions in the backyard of the Burrow while Ron was busily trying to hurl a garden gnome over the forest.

"Hey, you."

"AH!" Harry jumped and nearly fell off the roof at the voice that came from directly above his left shoulder. Turning around he saw Hermione floating lazily on a broom above him, trying very hard not to laugh.

"I'm sorry," she said giggling. "But I couldn't resist."

"You should try harder next time," said Harry clutching his chest. "Bloody hell Hermione you almost gave me a heart attack."

"I'm sorry," repeated Hermione, more sincerely.

"I thought you weren't coming by until tonight," said Harry, laying back down as Hermione landed beside him.

"I wasn't...but I wanted to see you and my parents refused to let me stay around the house with that 'misty-eyed look', as my mum so elegantly put it, any longer," smiled Hermione.

"Misty-eyed look?" asked Harry with a grin.

"Don't start," said Hermione rolling her eyes.

"Aw, you missed me, didn't you," grinned Harry.

"Sod off," replied Hermione lightheartedly.

"I'll let you in on a little secret," whispered Harry in her ear.

"What?" asked Hermione, her voice catching a little.

"I miss me too."

"Harry Potter!" exclaimed Hermione as he cackled in laughter. "That was mean."

"So sweet, the revenge I have exacted," he smiled.

Down in the garden, Luna looked up at the two teens on the roof laughing as if there were no problems in the world.

"Do you ever notice how the higher up off the ground Harry is, the more at ease he seems to be?" asked Luna as Ron hurled another garden gnome over the fence.

"Wouldn't surprise me," he said, coming over to watch them. "It's good that he's gotten Hermione to stop being so scared of heights."

"I wonder what they're going on about," commented Luna as Hermione threw her head back in laughter.

"Probably laughing about how red I was in the face after that meeting with your dad," smiled Ron.

"Oh come now, Ronald," smiled Luna, turning around to face him. "Surely it wasn't that bad."

"I believe his words were, 'don't even think about defiling my daughter in an unromantic setting,'" laughed Ron, turning slightly red.

"He didn't really say that, did he?" asked Luna, a slight blush creeping up her face.

"Yeah, he did," said Ron, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well?" asked Luna, turning around to face him. "Do you plan on 'defiling' me somewhere unromantic?"

"I...w-what?" asked Ron, his face flaming as he slowly took a step backwards.

"You heard me," replied Luna softly, looking at him with a gentle smile.

"I...er...to be honest I haven't really thought about it," stammered Ron. Luna arched an eyebrow at him. "That's not what I meant, I mean, I've thought about you and me...like that..."

"Ronald," giggled Luna grabbing his hand. "You don't need to be so embarrassed around me."

"I know...I just..." sighed Ron. "I've never felt this way about someone like you before...and I don't want to screw it up."

"Ronald," sighed Luna, her eyes shining. "That's the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me."

"It is?" asked Ron, surprised.

"And to be honest, I feel the same way," she said, wrapping her arms around him.

"Thanks...I guess," smiled Ron. Luna looked up at him and grinned.

"Can I ask you something?" she asked.

"Of course," nodded Ron.

"Do you want to?"

"Er...I'm sorry?" asked Ron.

"Do you want to...you know, defile me," smiled Luna shyly. Ron coughed loudly.

"Well, er...I don't suppose defile is really the right word," he said looking away.

"Ron," whispered Luna, placing her hand on his cheek and turning his head back to look at her. "It's okay to be shy...just don't look away."

"I'm sorry," he apologised.

"I want to also," she whispered. "When the time is right."

"That's kinda how I feel about it too," nodded Ron.

"Glad to see we're on the same page then," smiled Luna as she leaned up and placed her lips on his.

"Hey, look down there," whispered Harry, nudging Hermione. Hermione leaned forward so she could get a better view and smiled at the scene below them.

"They're so good for each other," she sighed, leaning her head on Harry's shoulder. "Like they balance each other out."

"I know two other people who are like that," whispered Harry, looking into Hermione's eyes.

"Who?" she asked softly.

Harry made up his mind in that instant. He took Hermione's hand, smiled, leaned forward, and -"

"Oi! Harry!" shouted Ron from the yard.

"What Ron?" grumbled Harry, pulling away reluctantly.

"How about a game of two-on-two quidditch?" yelled Ron.

"Oh no," said Hermione, shaking her head. "Nuh uh, not happening."

"Oh come on," shouted Luna in delight. "It'll be fun!"

"Come on," whispered Harry. "You can be the keeper, you don't even have to fly fast."

"You really want me to play that badly?" asked Hermione, looking at him.

"Please?" he whimpered with a pout on his face.

"Oh fine," said Hermione rolling her eyes. "Just stop that."

Harry laughed as Ron cheered from the yard below them as Hermione stood up to fly down to them. Harry looked at her meaningfully as if to apologise for what didn't happen but she just smiled and shook her head.

"It's okay," said Hermione. "We'll have time."

Harry watched her descend to down Ron and Luna, and couldn't help but wonder how many more days full of laughter and happiness were left before the world came crashing down on them.

---------------

For my first little piece of wisdom, I shall share with you the advice that was given to me that I commented about earlier in my author's note up top.

It is very tough to compete with real life when you're up against the idealized version that you made for yourself.

Essentially, don't get caught up living in your fantasies, and forget to live in the real world.

That's all for this week, and remember, leave a review! (They help stoke the fires, if you get my drift).