Unofficial Portkey Archive

Love Bites by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Love Bites

spacegal

Apologies for taking a while, I've started college again, three weeks ago, I fell ill, two week, I fainted in class, last week I fell ill again! I'm just not having a very good month!

Does anyone else get chapters that are like their best friends and chapters that are their enemies and totally hates you? This chapter was my enemy!

Chapter 14: She's Mine

"Back to Hogwarts," Draco muttered as he stared up at the castle. Luna stood next to him. Harry came up behind Hermione, wrapping his arms around her waist and placing his chin on her shoulder.

"Yeah, just when we thought we were free," Harry joked only to grunt when Hermione elbowed him in the stomach. Draco snickered while Luna shook her head, amused. "Hey! Loving and abusing me does not make a relationship!"

"Suck it up, you big baby," she turned in his arms. "We need Hogwarts if we are going to get a job." Harry rolled his eyes before he leaned down and pressed his lips to hers. Draco groaned as he rolled his eyes.

"Let's move before I get the urge to bleach my eyes out," he urged Luna up the pathway.

"Don't do that," Luna frowned. "I like your eyes."

"So do I; which is why I asked us to move so I didn't need to bleach my eyes out," he reminded. Luna hummed as she made her way down the hallway, leaving Harry and Hermione laughing together. Hermione turned to face Harry.

"Are you ready?" she asked and Harry shrugged, looking at the castle that he once had considered as home.

"Might as well get a move on," he told her, looking down at her and saw her stubborn look. "It's gonna be different. People know I'm a vampire and with Ron shooting his mouth off about you, we are in for a rough ride." Hermione nodded.

"I know but all you have to do is ignore them," Hermione pointed out. "Not everyone knows you're a vampire, only a select few of the teachers and you said that Dumbledore had them write their name on a contract that prevented them from talking to anyone about your vampire nature." Harry nodded before they made their way down the path where Draco and Luna were waiting at the bottom of the hill.

"Are we ready?" Draco asked and Harry nodded. All four of them moved toward the castle until they reached the double doors that led the way into the castle. They stopped once more because they knew once they entered, they wouldn't be able to hide away as they used to. "You know, we probably look like idiots just standing here," Draco muttered, getting nods of agreements from the others. They finally worked up the courage to climb the steps and head into Hogwarts.

They made their way into the Great Hall where all the students were settling down, waiting for the teachers to arrive so they could get on with their dinner when Neville spotted them off to the side and grinned.

"Harry! You finally came back!" Neville exclaimed, drawing everyone's attention to the couple. "And you got together with Hermione or you are giving up hiding the relationship." Harry grinned.

"Gave up hiding it," he teased. Neville laughed as all four them sat down at the Gryffindor table. A majority of the students were curious to why Draco were sitting with them and even more shocked that he and Luna seemed to be in a relationship. Neville would have said something about it but the look in Harry's eyes made him think again and he decided to trust Harry. Harry had never steered him wrong.

"Where did you guys go?" Lavender asked as they filled their plate with food.

"We went into hiding," Hermione spoke up. "There was some stuff we needed to sort out before we came back to Hogwarts." Lavender nodded.

"I'm just glad you're back. Ron has been driving us all nuts," she muttered. Harry arched an eyebrow, amused.

"Yeah, we've heard that Gryffindor is losing in Quidditch," Harry said while Draco smirked.

"And Slytherin is the top," he gloated, smirking at Harry, who rolled his eyes. Luna and Hermione just shook their head in amusement. They knew how much Harry and Draco liked to tease each other on Quidditch.

"Does that mean you will be coming back on the team?" Seamus asked and Hermione grinned brightly.

"Harry's the captain," she informed them proudly. The Gryffindor whooped with delight, now they had a chance to win the Quidditch cup.

*****************

Hermione made her way down the stairs from the girls' dormitory and into the common room. They had all finished their dinner before separating. Luna had gone off to find some mystical creature while Harry and Ron were checking something out. Hermione had wanted to get settled in first before she met up with Harry.

Once she stepped into the common room, she stopped short when she saw her ex-boyfriend and friend standing up from the couch where he had obviously been waiting for her.

"What do you want?" Hermione asked, remembering clearly what Harry had told her about Ron believing that Hermione was just feeling sorry for Harry and that Ron would have her in his bed. She hadn't been happy when she heard this and understood Harry's possessiveness. They had been oblivated since fourth year. They had been mind raped constantly that Harry was more than worried that he would lose her once more. Ron stepped forward.

"What do you want?" Hermione asked her voice cold as ice as she regarded him.

"Hermione…" Ron started as he reached out to touch his ex-girlfriend but she just step-side him, moving away from his touch. Ron dropped his hand back to his side. "I just wanted to talk to you."

"There is nothing to talk about," Hermione informed him with a cool glare. "We are over and I will never forgive you for oblivating me into forgetting that Harry and I were together. You had no right. I am not a trophy to be won and I do not appreciate being used like that just so you could feel better about having something Harry never had."

"Hermione, it was for your own good," Ron pleaded. Hermione just glared at Ron as she brushed past him. Harry had told her what Ron had said about their relationship and what he had done to teach Ron a lesson. She had been shocked at first but found herself turned on over how dominating Harry had gotten in proving to Ron just who she belonged to. She knew that Harry being a vampire meant he would do everything it took to prove to people just who she belonged to.

Ron watched her go, wondering how he was supposed to get Hermione back. Yes, he had used memory charmed on her but it was for her own good. Harry is supposed to be with Ginny while Hermione was supposed to be with him. That was how it was supposed to be yet she was determined in defiling herself by sleeping with a vampire who had no qualms about using her to score points against him.

He stiffened when he saw Harry appear at the doorway without making a sound. He gazed at Hermione with concern in his green eyes only for it to be replaced with happiness and lust when Hermione just smiled serenely at him. Once Hermione reached him, she stood on tip-toes, slid a hand over his shoulder and kissed him softly before he slipped an arm around her waist. He told her something and she nodded before they turned and left, oblivious to everything outside of their own little bubble.

*****************

"Are you sure you are okay?" Harry asked as he and Hermione made their way down the hallway toward Dumbledore's office where the Order meeting was being held. It was time to give them the brief version of why Harry had disappeared and why they had refused to come back to Hogwarts. Draco and Luna were also invited to the meeting and they would meet them in the office.

"I'm fine, he didn't touch me and we didn't really get to talk," Hermione assured him. She stopped in her tracks and turned Harry around to face her. "Nothing happened. He told me he just wanted to talk to me but I ignored him." Harry searched her eyes and face before he nodded and she frowned. "And you need blood." Harry looked at her.

"No," he denied quickly only for Hermione to arch an eyebrow.

"Harry James Potter, don't you lie to me," she warned him and Harry shrunk slightly before looking off to the side.

"I'll be fine," he muttered. Hermione scoffed.

"Just like you were fine when we first found you?" Hermione asked, planting her hands on her hips. "You can't keep denying the blood lust Harry, it will consume you and you will end up killing yourself as a result." Harry looked at her once more.

"Hermione, we're at Hogwarts. Now is not a really good time for me to take any blood," he reminded her but Hermione shook her head as she grabbed Harry's hand and dragged him off into a dark corner, out of view from anyone who would be passing. Harry caught on and tried to stall her. "Hermione…"

"Harry, either you take my blood or I will kick your arse," she informed him. Harry balked at this as Hermione turned around to face him, satisfied they were well hidden in the darkness.

"Can't we do it later?" Harry pleaded. Hermione shook her head.

"They would be able to tell you are going through the blood lust. We are trying to make them feel secure about you. Not send them off in a panic where they will tell someone about you. That's the last thing we need," Hermione reminded as her left hand reached up, sliding over his neck and into his thick dark hair. She began tugging him down onto her neck, trying to tempt him with her blood.

"Hermione," Harry tried to resist but Hermione was more stubborn that he was.

"Harry," she forced his face into her neck. Harry had no choice but to take the bait. His fangs sunk into her jugular and he suckled, drawing the blood inside of him. Hermione moaned as her head fell back; her body pressing up against his as they stumbled till her back met the cool brick wall. Hermione moaned Harry's name as he suckled harder in time with her heartbeat until he pulled himself away from her neck, breathing raggedly.

Harry lifted his head, his green eyes meeting hers before his mouth came down over hers in a crushing bruising kiss. Hermione moaned as his fangs nipped at her lips and the taste of her blood just excited her. Flicking her tongue over the roof of his mouth, Harry suddenly pulled away causing Hermione to let out a moan of protest as she tried to tug his head back down but Harry shook his head.

"We're gonna be late," he told her, his voice husky as he reached up and wiped the blood away from his mouth with the sleeve of his robe. His fangs slid back into place as he smirked. "We can pick up later, I promise." Hermione seemed satisfied with that for the moment as they linked hands and hurried down the hallway as fast as they could without actually breaking into a run.

Once they reached the stairways to Dumbledore's office, Harry gave the password and they waited for the statue to move, spiralling upward. Harry and Hermione stepped onto the moving staircase till they reached the door that led the way to the office. They looked at each other before taking a deep breath. It was going to be first time they met the Order since they had arrived back from their hiding places.

Harry and Hermione made their way into Dumbledore's office only to blush when everyone's eyes turned their way. Dumbledore's blue eyes twinkled with amusement while Draco rolled his. Luna just smiled dreamily as Snape scoffed that Harry Potter had finally came back. Molly was torn between trying to mother the young boy she used to know and cowering in fear over the vampire who he was now. Arthur just nodded, pleased to see them alive and well. Remus and Tonks nodded while the other members of the Order just either nodded to them or ignored them.

Harry and Hermione sat down on the empty chairs as Dumbledore stood up.

"The meeting has now started," Dumbledore told them. "As we know that Harry had disappeared over the summer, he had explained the situation to me and I understand why he had decided to take a short break. However, this will help us with the war against Voldemort." Dumbledore looked around at the group. "As we all know that Harry is indeed safe with Hermione," Dumbledore's eyes twinkled toward the couple, who grinned back. "Are there any news?" he asked.

"I have a question," Molly spoke up and they looked at her but saw that she was looking at Harry. "Harry, dear, do you know who bit you? Is there a cure?"

"Yes, Draco and I know who bit us and there is no cure," Harry informed her. Molly stifled a sob while Arthur looked between the young men curiously.

"Were you and Draco bitten by the same vampire?" he asked and Harry nodded.

"Yes, I was bitten because I was in danger and it was the only way to save me. Draco was bitten out of revenge for what had happened to our sire's mate," Harry told Arthur and Arthur nodded, not asking any other questions. What he knew of the vampires, they were very protective of their mates.

"Are there any other questions?" Dumbledore asked and everyone shook their heads. They weren't going to ask Harry why he had hidden it from them; they knew why Harry had hidden it from them. Vampires were classed as a dark creature and it wouldn't have mattered that he had saved them from Voldemort; the wizarding world would have found a way to kill him in order to protect them. "Are there any other news regarding Voldemort and his death eaters?" Dumbledore asked.

"Ginny Weasley has joined the Dark Lord," Snape told them. Everyone stared at him while Harry, Hermione, Luna, and Draco just looked at each other.

"W-wha-what?" whispered Molly.

"Ginny Weasley is my dark lord's lover. She came to his side just shortly after she left Hogwarts. We only found out who she was when the ritual was completed."

"So they completed the ritual?" Harry asked. Snape looked toward him.

"Yes," he sneered but Harry ignored him.

"What was the ritual?" Snape arched an eyebrow.

"A restoring ritual," Snape informed them. "He has reverted back to his sixteen year old form." Dumbledore sat down on his seat, heavy under the weight of the implication before he looked toward Harry. Harry gave him a subtle nod that they would talk later.

"What of Ginny?" Arthur asked, fear clear for his daughter. "Is she okay?" Snape sneered.

"She is living up the high life. None of the death eaters are allowed to touch her or they will have to answer to our lord and no one is willing to risk it," Snape explained. "She is completely safe at Voldemort's side."

"Thank you," Dumbledore waved him to sit down before looking at Molly and Arthur. "We cannot receive too much information. If we were to act any different, Voldemort would know that he had a spy among his ranks." Molly and Arthur just nodded dumbly, trying to digest the fact that their daughter had betrayed them to join Voldemort.

"At least we know Ginny is safe," Hermione spoke up. Molly glared at her.

"She is with Voldemort, how can she possibly be safe?!" Molly exploded. Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Because she is by Voldemort's side, one of the two safe sides you could possibly be," Hermione reminded. "Voldemort wouldn't do anything to harm. I believe in Harry when he says Voldemort cares for Ginny. He had never been wrong regarding Voldemort."

"What about Sirius?" Molly demanded viciously and Harry jerked like he was stung while Hermione glared at Molly.

"If people hadn't tried so hard to keep Harry out of the loop and treat him like a child, none of that would have come to pass," Hermione reminded Molly with a hard glint in her brown eyes. "Voldemort was able to trick Harry because of us so you can not use that against him."

"How can I possibly believe Harry about Ginny? She's my little girl and she could be in a trap or hurt! How do we really know that she wants to be with You-Know-Who?" Molly demanded.

"How about the fact that Draco and I knew she was going to join Voldemort," Harry snapped, startling them. "We had a feeling about Ginny since our second year. Yes, Voldemort is good but he's not that good if he can't get Draco and me to join him. It was obvious that something more was happening than we were being told and Ginny had made her choice."

"Harry…" Arthur started and Harry looked at him. "Are you completely sure?" Harry nodded.

"Ginny sent me a letter just before she disappeared. She told me everything she felt and how she hated to have to choose between the two of you but she chose love. I feel everything from Voldemort, remember, and he genuinely feels the same as her." Molly opened her mouth to say something when Dumbledore stood up.

"That's enough," he informed them all, cutting them all off. "We have heard your worries, Mrs. Weasley but this is not the time or the place to start anything. We have too many things to deal with. I believe Severus and Harry when they say that Ginny is safe. Right now, we should focus on finding Voldemort's secret place so we can finally bring this war to an end."

"That's a good idea," McGonagall spoke up, bringing the conversation/argument to a halt. She understood that Mrs. Weasley was worried about her daughter but arguing with Harry wasn't going to make anything better. Dumbledore sat back down, pressing his fingers together.

"Voldemort hasn't been giving us much trouble, as which Severus said, he has been losing his contacts which prevented him from causing any trouble," Dumbledore said. "However, with his original identity, there is a chance he could walk into the wizarding community and people wouldn't recognise him so we must be on our guard from now on." Everyone nodded. Dumbledore asked if there were any more questions or messages when he finally concluded the meeting.

Draco and Luna were the first ones out of the room, wanting to spend some more time together before they retired back to their rooms for the night. The others had left while Remus and Tonks talked to Harry for a short moment to make sure he was okay with his condition and if he needed anything, he could ask them. Harry had assured them that he was okay and everything was fine. Remus had been pleased before he handed something to Harry and slipped out with Tonks.

Harry stared at the parcel in his hand before slipping it into his robes pocket and making his way over to Hermione. He slipped an arm around her waist, bid Dumbledore a good night and they headed out only to bump into Ron as he came running round the corner, breathing heavily.

"You missed the meeting," Harry informed the red-haired boy, who just glared at Harry.

"I had something more important," Ron informed him coolly. Harry just looked off to the side, hearing something in the distance while Ron turned to face Hermione, hoping that he would be luckier this time. "I really need to talk to you, Hermione," Ron told her. Hermione shook her head.

"I don't care Ron," Hermione told him. "There is nothing to say anymore. You broke our trust in you. There is nothing you can say that will mend it again."

"Hermione…" Ron started, pleading when Harry tightened his grip around Hermione's waist and looked at Ron with a hard dangerous glint in his eyes.

"Back of Weasley," Harry warned. "She's mine." Harry led Hermione away from the group and they headed toward the Gryffindor's Common Room, leaving Ron behind, seething with anger that he had failed to get Hermione once more.

**********

Luna was walking down the hallway of Hogwarts alone, humming as she took comfort of being within the castle walls. It always felt like the castle was speaking to her whenever she caressed her hands along the wall when she felt two presences appear behind her. Stopping, she looked over her shoulder to see Draco's old bodyguard behind her.

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here," Crabbe grinned at Goyle, "A little Ravenclaw out all by herself." Luna's eyes just narrowed as she turned around fully.

"What makes you think I'm out all by myself?" Luna asked. Crabbe looked around before looking at Luna once more.

"I don't see anyone around," he taunted her, moving closer as he and Goyle decided to have a little fun with the girl when Draco appeared out of nowhere with a hard glint in his eyes.

"What's going on boys?" Draco asked in a conversationalist tone. Crabbe and Goyle looked at each other before they looked at him.

"Nothing much," Goyle bluffed. Draco just snorted as he moved closer to Luna, who was smiling dreamily up at him.

"She's mine," Draco warned Crabbe and Goyle with a hard tone before wrapping his arm around Luna's waist and they both walked off, leaving Draco's old bodyguard stunned.

TBC

Sorry for the short chapter, I promise to try and keep the chapters regular. We're nearly finished…I don't know if I should cry or be happy *laughs*