Unofficial Portkey Archive

Love Bites by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Love Bites

spacegal

A lot of things are explained in this story but not everything.

Chapter 4: Too Far Gone

"Do you believe that mudblood bitch?" raged Ron as he stormed through the hallways of Hogwarts looking for his ex-girlfriend. Molly walked along with him.

"She is just upset and worried about Harry dear, I'm sure once she's calmed down, she will be willing to be your girlfriend once more," assured Molly and Ron growled.

"She better be," warned Ron, "I have waited far too long for her and I'm not letting Potter get something that belongs to me." Molly nodded, agreeing with her son. "Though, how the hell can he be a Vampire? I'm supposed to be his best friend, a brother yet he never told me?"

"I'm sure he was trying to protect himself and you from getting hurt," Molly soothed her son. "I mean, he would have thought that you could have been killed for knowing and being friends with a vampire." Ron thought about it for a moment before he nodded.

"Yeah, that sounds a lot like Potter, always wanting to protect his friends," Ron agreed before he stopped in his tracks and gave a frustrated grunt. "Looks like Hermione and Loony aren't here - we'd better report back to Professor Dumbledore." Molly gave a short nod of agreement and they walked back to the office.

Dumbledore was sitting on his chair with his chin resting on his linked fingers as he gazed into the fire with a thoughtful yet far away look in his blue eyes. He was alone in the office while the others went looking for Hermione and Luna. He decided to take a trip down memory lane.

Dumbledore rushed through the streets at a high pace. He had felt young Harry in danger and he needed to seek out the young boy, hoping that a Death Eater had not found him where he was supposed to be safe.

Dumbledore's heart almost stopped when he saw the young boy lying on the ground completely soaked through from the pounding rain. There was a figure leaning over the boy, their hand on the boy's neck, obviously checking for a pulse.

"There is no need to try and kill me," the man said without looking behind him. Dumbledore stopping his wand from rising higher as he stared at the man's back. "I am not hurting him."

The man stood up and turned to face Dumbledore. Dumbledore gaped at the image revealed to him through the moonlight that shone in between the clouds. The man had spiky black hair and deep blue eyes…he had fangs appearing over his bottom lips.

Dumbledore gasped as understanding dawned on him and he looked toward Harry, who was still lying on the ground, to see twin punctures on his neck. His blood was still leaking from the wounds but not as serious as it could have been.

"You bit him," Dumbledore whispered and the Vampire tilted his head, curious.

"I had to…otherwise he would have never survived the night," the vampire told him before shaking his head. "Do not fear, he will not become a full vampire, I am not that heartless despite what you wizards think of vampires."

"What will he become?" Dumbledore asked.

"A half vampire, one that that is immune to all vampire weakness apart from the bloodlust, that will be enhance by two extra days - he will go through the bloodlust for three days a month - be warned that he should not be around anyone at those times. If he does bite someone, they will become his mate and that is irreversible and he will not be able to use his wand to it's full extent as he is now a half vampire, half human meaning his core is not as bound as a normal wizard," the vampire explained. "Teach him of our ways - it will serve him when the time comes."

"I do not understand," Dumbledore told him and the vampire sighed as he looked down at the still dazed boy before looking at Dumbledore.

"We must get him back to his house, he must be rested if he is to have a chance," he held up his hand, "I will explain everything once we have him safe."

They reached the Dursleys' house. Dumbledore put a sleeping charm over the house to ensure that the Dursleys would not awake during the night and catch them before he led the way into the living room.

The vampire, carrying Harry, placed the young boy on the couch and pulled a cover over him to keep him warm before both men took a seat. Dumbledore pointed his wand at the fireplace and muttered an spell that got the fire roaring, heating up the room quickly than a usual fire would.

"Will you now explain?" asked Dumbledore and the vampire sighed as he looked into the fire to gather his thoughts before he spoke.

"Eleven years ago, I bumped into a sixteen year old girl with amazing green eyes, she had red hair and seemed wise before her age," Dumbledore paled as the implication grew in his mind, "I knew straight away then that she would bear the child that would help to bring down the evil known as Voldemort."

"How could you have known?" Dumbledore asked. "Vampire can't use magic - they have no magical core."

"Ah, but we are capable of doing spells as long as we have the right ingredients and chants," vampire reminded, "I know of a seer - she is a close…friend of mine," Dumbledore knew that he meant lover, "She had a vision of this event coming to past - she even knew when it would happen so I sought out the girl…Lily Evans. I told her that she would be faced with a choice and ask her what she would have done if faced with such choice - she gave me an answer and I accepted."

"You knew that she would die on Halloween?" Dumbledore whispered and the vampire nodded, "And you say that she also knew?" the vampire nodded again, "Why would she not warn us?"

"Because it was inevitable," the vampire explained before sighing, "Everything has its path - Lily was meant to sacrifice her life to save her son - that was never going to change despite what people may have thought. I warned her of the consequences of giving her life up for her son…that she would invoke the blood ritual and only her blood would be able to protect him…meaning that Harry would only be allowed to go to family members that shares her blood."

"She knew that the Dursleys would be the ones to get Harry," Dumbledore whispered and the vampire nodded.

"She was distraught, she didn't want her son to grow up in a household that hated magic, she knew that Vernon would abuse her son but she wanted her son to live, to have the chance of life and love that I couldn't refuse her when she asked me of something," the Vampire explained and Dumbledore started to pale.

"No…she wouldn't…" Dumbledore stumbled but met the grave cold blue eyes of the vampire.

"She begged me to save her son if the chance ever came down to it. I had been worried as I was a full vampire and if I were to bite him and sire him, he would become a full vampire, ending the Potters' line. She had been torn, she didn't want her son to be defenceless but she didn't want her son to be robbed of his chance of having children so she worked and researched until she came up with a way for me to turn him into a half-vampire. This would ensure Harry would be able to have children, walk in the sunlight and have no weakness. But the downfalls were that the bloodlust would enhance by an extra two days and his magical core would no longer be bounded as vampires have no magical core - his magic can no longer be bound by his wand. He can do wandless magic but only to an extent as it will kill him to use his magic for a long period of time," the vampire explained. "You are looking at the result of a woman's love for a child that hadn't existed at the time and only tripled when she found out that she was pregnant and heard of the prophecy."

"Why would she not tell us any of this?" Dumbledore asked as he gazed into the fire.

"She feared for her child's life," the vampire explained. Dumbledore looked at him. "People do not always act rational. All she knew was that her future child was going to be in danger. I knew Voldemort would die that night when he would face Harry but I also knew that he would come back."

"But Harry already had the power that Voldemort doesn't know," Dumbledore protested and the vampire shrugged.

"Like I said, everything has its path and you shouldn't try and change it," the vampire warned. "Fate does not like that."

"This…Seer," the vampire nodded, "She sees everything?" Dumbledore asked and the vampire nodded once more. "Can I see her?"

"No," the vampire cut him off. "She will see no one." Dumbledore narrowed his eyes at him before he nodded, letting it go. He knew when to push and when to leave it alone.

"What are you going to do with Harry?" Dumbledore asked.

"He will have to stay here," the vampire told him. "The blood wards will still protect him while he still has his mother's blood inside of him but you need teach him when he comes to Hogwarts - it is vital." He stood up along with Dumbledore, pulled out something from his jacket pocket, and held his hand out toward Dumbledore.

Dumbledore held his hand out, palm up, curious to what the vampire would be giving him.

"Give him this," the vampire dropped the dog tags into the old man's hand. Dumbledore looked at it carefully, one tag had Harry's name printed along it and the other said 'sired by:' Dumbledore looked up at him, confused. "This will allow Harry to contact me despite the fact that he doesn't know who I am."

"Why dog-tags?" asked Dumbledore.

"It lets another vampire know that their victim already belongs to another vampire and prevents them from biting them," the vampire explained. "Every vampire has one apart from the Master because they are the first the walk among the earth." He pulled out his dog-tags but cleverly hid his name. Dumbledore looked at the dog-tags in his hands.

"Why won't you tell me your name?" Dumbledore asked.

"Because there is a bounty on my head and it is safer for all of us if no one knows who I am," the vampire said before he bowed his head and left the room altogether, leaving Dumbledore alone with his thoughts.

Dumbledore turned to face the still unconscious boy lying on the bed and sighed sadly to him.

"This was not the life I wished for you," he whispered before he left, leaving Harry alone to deal with his new-found abilities.

Dumbledore was shaken out of his thoughts when the door opened and he looked up to see the Order along with the Weasleys making their way into the room and turned back to his duty of the headmaster and leader of the Order.

"They are gone," Ron spoke up. "Hermione and Luna are nowhere to be found." Dumbledore turned to look at Snape and he nodded as well.

"Hm, it looks like they have gone off to find Harry by themselves," Dumbledore told them before frowning as he turned to look out of the window. "The question is…will they come back?"

The building itself was a large two floor cottage. It was looking much run down and it was in the middle of a village that seemed to be mostly abandoned.

Draco looked at the building in front of him with a look of displeasure. Luna was smiling, inwardly, to herself at Draco's look while Hermione looked at the building with a determined look.

"Are you sure he is here?" Draco asked, pulling his blue eyes away from the building and over to Hermione. Hermione huffed as she turned to face him.

"For the fifth time, yes!" she told him, exasperated and Draco held his hands up in surrender.

"I was just asking!" Draco defended himself before looking at the building. "It doesn't look like a place Potter would go and hide out in."

"That is the point," Luna spoke up, drawing Hermione and Draco's attention, "People are more likely to skip a place they think Harry wouldn't hide out in."

"Huh," Draco looked at the building once more. "I guess Granger has been rubbing off on him more than I thought." He winced when he felt a sharp nudge to his ribs and the cold glare from Hermione.

"Let's just find him," Hermione growled as she stalked over to the door and pushed it open. All three of them stepped into the hallway, taking in the sights of the peeling and fading wallpapers.

Shattered glass, from the frames and mirrors, covered the hallway floor. The furniture in the living room had been shattered; splintered woods were all over the place. The fireplace was cracked; it looked like someone had taken their fists and feet to the tiles.

"Merlin…" whispered Draco as he looked at the place, he had never witnessed such carnage before. It looked like a trapped wolf tore the place apart trying to get out.

"We need to find Harry," Hermione told them as she pulled her gaze away from the scene and over to the stairs, they could see breaks in the plaster. "Oh Harry…" They reached the top of the stairs and found it was just the same as it was down the stairs.

Each room they passed were in ruins; glass glittered on the ground, crunching under their shoes as they walked down the hallway until they reached the last bedroom.

Hermione pushed the door open and stepped in only to stop in her tracks when she spotted Harry curled in the corner. He was in full vamp mode, his green eyes flecked with deep red; the room was in ruins. The tables, chairs and bookshelves all smashed to pieces. There were ripped bed sheets on the bed; they had not been ripped that much, just tears about.

"Oh Harry," whispered Hermione as she hurried over to him. She knelt down beside him and placed a hand on his arm only for him to snarl and jerk away from her. Draco whistled as he looked around the destroyed room.

"My, my, my, I've never seen a bloodlust event like this before," Draco muttered, drawing Hermione's attention.

"Bloodlust event?" parroted Hermione and Draco nodded.

"When a vampire goes through a bloodlust - they can range from minimal to dangerous - dangerous is where a vampire has lost his mind. Harry is close to losing his mind so he needs blood," explained Draco.

"That's it?" Hermione asked, confused. Luna arched an eyebrow at her lover, waiting for him to expand and Draco sighed.

"He needs his mate's blood but there is a chance that you would fall into bed as well so - you need to be prepared either way," Draco explained, "That's what was urging you all along, the need to mate."

"I don't care," Hermione spoke up and they looked at her. "It's Harry, he needs me, and I'm not going to lose him." Luna and Draco gave her short nods before they looked each other, coming to a plan.

"We'll go and replace the house as much as we can," Luna looked up at Draco, who nodded, catching her meaning before they looked at Hermione.

"Harry should be alright after feeding - just make sure he gets some sleep," Draco told her and Hermione nodded in understanding. Draco left the room with Luna following him but she stopped at the doorway.

"Oh!" Luna turned to face Hermione, "You might want to remove your top and remove your bra strap. If you don't, the blood can stain your clothes." Hermione shot her a thankful look before Luna left the room, closing the door.

Hermione turned back to Harry before she pulled her jumper off and threw it over a chair that was still standing and pulled down the bra strap before she straddled Harry's hips. Harry bucked up into her but she managed to calm him by sliding her hand into his hair, cupping the back of his head.

Harry let out a low growl as she, slowly, guided him over to her neck, his red-flecked green eyes eying the pulse under her skin with a hungry expression.

"I love you," Hermione whispered before she slammed Harry's face into her neck and gasped when his fangs entered her jugular once more through the marks he had already made.

Blood rippled down the back of her neck as she tilted her head to the side, one of Harry's hands coming up to hold it in the correct position. He sat up straighter, his arm slipping around her waist, pulling her in further, pressing her against his body.

"Harry…" moaned Hermione as he suckled in time with her heart before he pulled away from her, flicking his tongue over the wounds, encouraging it to heal. Harry lifted his head and took her lips into his.

All of his memories had came back to him and he was furious at Ron and Molly for doing that but he wasn't going to let it get in his way, he had Hermione back in his arms and she wasn't going to get away from him.

Harry stood up, his arms sliding around Hermione's waist as she wrapped her legs around him, holding on to him as she kissed him passionately. She gasped when she felt the cool hard wall against her back and Harry pulling away from her.

"You're mine," he growled before he kissed her again, ripping her bra away from her body to bare herself to him.

"Yes," Hermione moaned as Harry broke the kiss to taste her neck, greedily licking up the blood that had spilled during his feeding. He reached one of her nipples and sucked it into his mouth, relishing in the way her hips bucked up into his, pressing against his hardness as much as she could, trying to ease the ache deep inside of her.

Harry moved onto her other nipple, treating it the same before he pulled away and unhooked Hermione's legs from his waist and helped her to steady herself before he unbuttoned her jeans and pulled down the zipper, the rasp sound was loud in the silence among their heavy breathing.

"Harry…" Hermione watched in confusion as Harry shot her a smirk, kneeling and pulling her jeans down. He helped her to remove her boots and jeans, leaving her clad in her red panties. He admired her for a few minutes before he reached up and removed her panties, drew one leg over his shoulder and leaned in.

"Harry…Oh!" Hermione's head fell back when she felt Harry's tongue touch her centre, lapping up at the slick juices and encouraging her to make more.

One of Hermione's hand went to Harry's hair, curling in his black locks as her other hand reached above her, curling around the curve of the wall lamp. Harry helped to spread her other leg out so he could access her centre even more.

Harry slid two fingers into her, flicking his tongue over her clit, teasing her, and thrusting his fingers in and out of her. Hermione arched up in pleasure when Harry, gently, scraped his teeth over the sensitive bud.

"Oh…Harry!" Hermione screamed as her body stiffened against him, her hands tightening around the metal of the lamp and in his hair. Harry continued to lick her and thrust his fingers into her.

Once Hermione came down from her high, she pushed Harry's hand and mouth away from her, too sensitive for the assault to continue. Harry pulled away from her and slid up her body, kissing her.

Hermione moaned when she tasted herself on him. She gripped his shirt and spun them around so he was against the wall and she ripped his shirt, exposing his golden skin that were marred by white scars due to numerous of attacks, all ranging from his childhood throughout Hogwarts.

Harry could not help but smirk when he realised that his little bookworm was beginning to become a wildcat in the heat. She removed his now torn shirt from his body and threw it across the room before running her hands over his muscles.

Hermione's hands reached his jeans and unbuttoned it before pulling the zippers down only to lick her lips when she saw that he had gone commando. She flicked a lusty look up at Harry through her eyelashes as she knelt down, pulling his jeans down and removed it from his body.

Reaching a hand up, she cupped his cock, admiring him as she stroked him. She leaned in to take in everything. She barely had the chance to see him the last time and she was intent on making it last this time.

As she admired him, Harry's hands slid themselves into her hair, relishing in the feel of her soft curls once more when a drop of semen seeped out, startling Hermione, and arousing her curiosity as she moved in and flicked her tongue over it, eager to taste it.

Harry's head tilted backward as a guttural moan escaped his throat when Hermione took him into his mouth, using her hand to cover the part she could not take in. Using her hand and mouth together, she began sucking him.

It did not take long for Harry to explode, just the feel of her wet mouth and exploring tongue around him. Hermione swallowed him and continued to suck him, cleaning him up.

Harry pulled her off his cock and pulled her back up his body before he kissed her hard, tasting himself on her and growing hard once more.

"Wow," Hermione pulled away to look down at Harry's hardness. She knew that teenagers had stamina but she had never heard of one getting hard so soon after having an orgasm.

"Perks of being a vampire," explained Harry as he took her lips back into his, pulling her body into his before he backed her up toward the bed, wanting to complete their bond.

Hermione moaned as she wrapped her arms around Harry's neck before jumping up into his arms, wrapping her legs around his waist so her heat was at his stomach.

"I'm too far gone Hermione," mumbled Harry as he pressed her down on the bed. "Tell me to stop if you really want me to."

"Don't," begged Hermione as she pulled him down further on her "Take me." Harry growled as he spread her legs for her and settled between her legs. He dipped a finger into her, testing her only to nip at her neck when he felt her answering heat and decided that she was more than ready.

He shifted himself so his cock pressed against her heat before he slid in; taking his time, as he knew that she was a virgin. When he felt his head reaching her barrier, he took her lips into his, kissing her till he knew that she was distracted from what they were doing before he pushed himself all the way in.

Hermione let out a hiss of pain as she broke the kiss. Harry just moved his head down to her neck, kissing it softly while scraping his teeth, gently, over the skin until she was accustomed to him being inside of her.

Hermione, experimentally, moved her hips now that the pain was gone. Harry lifted his head and looked into her brown eyes and she gave him a gently smile, giving him the permission to carry on. Harry pulled himself out before he pushed back in, enjoying the way Hermione moaned.

Hermione's hands came up over his back as he leaned in and kissed her. Hermione rocked her hips, trying to get into rhythm with Harry. It took a few fumble before they managed to get into the rhythm and soon, Hermione was moaning in pleasure as her head tilted backward.

Harry leaned in and kissed her neck, sucking at her pulse point only to groan as Hermione's nails raked down his back as her hips bucked up into his, wrapping her legs around his waist, bringing him in deeper.

Harry pushed himself onto his forearms, looking down at her as he started thrusting into her, harder and faster. The headboard started banging against the wall under the pressure before he unhooked on of her legs, spreading it out so he was pressing deeper inside of her, causing her to buck up even harder.

Bringing his hand into play, he circled his thumb over her clit before flicking it, sending Hermione falling over into the abyss of pleasure as she orgasmed.

"Oh…yes…yes…YES!" Hermione's head flew back as her body arched up into Harry's body. Harry groaned when he felt her walls clamp down and contract around him, drawing his orgasm.

Harry slumped down on her body and she brought her arms around his waist once more, cradling him as he rested his head on her shoulder. Hermione rested her head on his shoulder, her face in his neck as she flicked her tongue out, tasting the sweat and the taste of Harry.

Harry lifted his head and looked down at her. Hermione could see that the bloodlust was not over yet and offered her neck up to him, gently tugging his head down. Harry did not need any extra encouragement.

His face morphed into his vampire face and his fangs sunk into the marks once more, getting a gasp from Hermione as her body arched up into his body, her walls clenching around him in time with his suckles and her heartbeat.

"Oh…" she moaned as an orgasm started to build up once more, her walls clenching harder around Harry as she shifted her hips. Harry got the message and started moving within her, ensuring his teeth stayed still so they did not rip her throat out. "Oh…yes," she moaned again as one hand slid into Harry's thick locks, holding him to her neck while her other hand gripped his ass.

Harry suckled harder as he thrusted deeper inside of her, setting off her climax. "Ah!" Hermione bit down on Harry's neck, not enough to draw blood but hard enough to leave a mark. That brought Harry out of his blood lust rage and he withdrew his fangs as her breathing started to slow down.

Harry removed his head from her neck and lapped up the blood once more before he shifted himself over to the side so he was not crushing Hermione. Hermione cupped his cheeks and kissed him softly before she pulled away.

"I love you," Hermione whispered as she kissed him again. Harry looked into her brown eyes; his green eyes a normal colour.

"I love you too," Harry whispered before he kissed her and wrapped his arms around her body, pulling her into his embrace as they slowly fell asleep.

At the last minute, Harry waved his hand and everything in the room repaired itself, the covers stitching itself back to normal and settled over the sleeping couple.

Down the stairs in the living room, a couple was now happy that they had managed to finish fixing everything up to make the place far more liveable that it had been in the first place.

"Guess the bloodlust event is over," Draco groaned as he slumped down on the now fixed couch with a sigh of happiness that he was finished fixing the place up.

Luna smiled as she sat down on the couch next to Draco, curling up into his side as she tucked her feet under her and rested her head on his shoulder as he slid his arm over her shoulders.

She had a feeling that everything was going to be okay for the time being.

TBC

There you go - I hope the dog tags explanation is suitable, I have noticed that Soldiers wear them so that they identified of which troop they belong to and I thought Vampires would do the same - this way they know whose childe belongs to whom.

Okay - another thing - the chapter titles are linked to the chapter itself - they are quotes of what had been said - just letting you know ahead of time.