Unofficial Portkey Archive

Love Bites by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Love Bites

spacegal

Sorry for taking so long - I sent my chapter off to my beta but I haven't heard back and I didn't want to make you wait any longer - all mistakes are still mine!

Chapter 2: You've Been Marked

Hermione was sitting on the edge of her bed, holding the letter in one hand and the silver dog-tags in the other hand before she closed her eyes as a lone tear escaped, slowly making it way down her cheek.

She opened her eyes to take in the sight; she was sitting in the boys' room in the boys' dormitory of Hogwarts. She was at Grimmauld Place when she had Hedwig gave her the letter. The door burst opened a few seconds later to reveal Ron and Molly with their wands out, they grabbed her arms and hustled her down the stairs.

Once she reached there, she saw Dumbledore holding out a Portkey and the grave look on his face died all protest that she would have made…Harry was gone. She, wordless, accepted the Portkey.

The moment they touched Hogwarts ground, she took off running, ignoring everyone who called her name. The only thing that was running through her mind was that Harry had gone and the only thing she had left of him was the letter.

She reached Hogwarts, ran through the building until she reached the Gryffindor's common room and tore up the stairs that led to the boys' room and sought refuge on Harry's bed.

Even through he hadn' been in it for nearly two months, it didn't make a different, it still held the smell of him and it was comforting to her as she opened the envelope to read the letter. Once she was finished, she tipped the envelope out once more, sitting up as the cold metal slid into her hand.

Hermione slipped the dog-tags around her neck and pulled out the collar of her jumper, allowing the cool material to meet her warm skin, gasping at the shock that came with it but soon the metal was warmed by her.

Hermione stood up, folding the letter and tucking it into her back pocket where it would be safe. She crossed her arms over her stomach, walking through Hogwarts once more with her head bowed.

She wore a long sleeved white jumper and a pair of blue jeans with her brown uggs boots keeping her feet warmed. Her brown hair was no longer as bushy was it used to be due to the fact that it had been tamed down into curls that reached nearly down to her waist and she wore a thin white headband, holding her hair back from her face.

Hermione thought back through everything, she had begged and pleaded with the Order of the Phoenix to bring Harry down but they had been firm in refusing that she turned to Ron only to be knocked back when he told her that it was safer for Harry to be with the Dursley thanks to the blood protection.

Hermione had opened her mouth to protest but closed it at the last minute…they didn't know. How could they know? Harry never told them and she only found out through a major event, as much as she wanted Harry to be safe…she wasn't going to break her word to him…she cared for him too much for that to happen.

Ron had asked her out two week when she came up and she had said yes but something was nagging at her…something she was missing big time but she couldn't seem to get a grasp on it and now Harry's gone…the one person who she could trust more than anyone else…even more than Ron was no longer around, he had left because there was something he needed to do.

Hermione sighed, looking up to see that she had reached statue that would led her up to the office where she would be questioned what Harry's letter contain, she had no doubt that Mrs Weasley would be upset that Hermione was the one who got the letter…not Ron.

Hermione made her way up the stairs to Dumbledore's office. Upon reaching the door, it opened, revealing Dumbledore standing there with a concerned look on his face. She gave him a weak smile before he stood aside, allowing her into the office.

Once she stepped in, everyone turned to look at her with an expecting look. Hermione made her way to stand next to Ron, who slipped an arm around her waist, pulling her into his body. She almost pulled away but remembered that she was dating him so it was normal for that to happen.

Shaking her head, Hermione noticed that Dumbledore was now sitting on his chair behind his desk, linking his hands together.

"As you all know, Harry Potter had left his home in the early hours - there are no signs of force so we must assume that Harry left willingly," Dumbledore told them.

"How is that even possible?" Molly jumped in. "He was supposed to be safe at the Dursleys - why would he leave?" Dumbledore looked toward Hermione.

"I am guessing the answer is in Hermione's letter that she had received from Harry," Hermione sighed.

"He said that he was leaving, that there was something he needed to do if he was ever going to move forward," Hermione explained and tugged at the chain, showing everyone the silver dog-tags. "He left them for me." Ron's grip on her tightened, almost possessively.

"Why would he leave you them?" asked Ron, almost dangerously.

"Because he wanted me to have something of his," whispered Hermione. "He took everything else with him."

"Why would he write to you and leave you something but not leave Ron anything?" Molly demanded. "Ron is his best friend, his brother."

Dumbledore just watched the scene in front of him with a passive face. He had watched the trio's friendship over the years and he had become worried about the youngest male Weasley - he had no understandings of friendship, he had turned his back on Harry due to jealously. He wished for fame and money yet he had things that were more valuable than material wealth.

Watching the young man become tense with anger and jealously over the fact that Hermione had received something from their best friend let him know that Ron would never get over his fear that Hermione would turn to Harry.

Frowning, Dumbledore remembered seeing Harry and Hermione being close throughout their fourth year that he thought they were on the verge of beginning something but…Ron was accepted back into their group after doing a complete turn around after the first task.

Shaking himself out of his thoughts, he looked up to see that Molly was obviously upset with what Luna was saying to her and tuned himself back in.

"…did turn his back on Harry when Harry needed him the most," Luna explained, patience as ever as Ron's face turned red and Molly crossed her arms and turned away from the strange girl.

Luna just turned back to Dumbledore and rolled her eyes, Dumbledore had to stifle a smile, Luna was more like her mother than she realised by Dumbledore turned serious once more.

"I think we can safely say that Harry trust Hermione with his life and didn't want her to worry unnecessarily," Dumbledore spoke up, taking over as he stood up. "Although we do need to find him, especially with Voldemort is now out in the open."

"How can we do that?" Hermione pulled away from Ron's too tight grip and moved toward the desk. "Harry told me that he received all the wills - Sirius and his parents, he could be any one of the estates he inherited and most of them are unplottable."

"He has estates now?" Ron demanded disbelief clear in his voice. Hermione shot him a glare, not impressed with Ron's question. Luna, on the other hand, seemed to be fixated on something.

Luna hummed as she moved closer to Hermione, tilting her head as she stared at Hermione's covered neck.

"You've been marked," Luna said, almost dreamily. Everyone turned to look at her.

"What?" Hermione asked, confused.

"A vampire has bitten you and marked you as his," Luna explained as she reached up and pulled down the shirt collar to reveal two small raised round marks on her neck. "He has claimed you as a mate." Hermione paled as she stumbled back, touching the mark while Ron looked at her.

"Who bit you?" snarled Ron. "Who dared to make you his mate when you are mine?" Hermione looked at him with barely concealed fury.

"Ronald Weasley - I am not a trophy to be won!" snapped Hermione.

"You are my girlfriend!" snapped back Ron. Hermione stood up, anger lining her form.

"It doesn't matter if I'm your girlfriend or not - this happened a long time ago, what's in the past should stay in the past but oh…not you, you just like bringing it up and flinging in my face, don't you?" Hermione snapped and Ron backed off, he could see that she was being pushed to her temper right now and he wasn't interested in being dumped.

"I'm sorry," Ron apologised, contrite filling his blue eyes and tone, "I just don't like hearing that someone had marked you, you should be a free woman." Hermione just narrowed her eyes at him when Luna spoke up.

"Oh, she can date humans but the sex would never be as good as it is with a vampire - they are very good lovers, they have very good stamina," Luna sighed as she remembered something.

"You've had sex with a vampire?" stuttered Neville and Luna nodded.

"Yes, it was in my fourth year - you wouldn't know him though," she looked at Hermione. "It's not the same vampire that bit you." Hermione couldn't help the sigh of relief. "Did you orgasm?" Hermione looked at her, wide eyes.

"What?" Hermione hissed, unsure of where Luna was leading.

"When he marked you, did you orgasm?" Luna asked, not embarrassed. Hermione blushed.

"I don't see what that has to do with anything," argued Hermione.

"It's a sign of how in tune you were with each other and how good the marking was," Luna explained before a smile ghosted her face. "He was very good, wasn't he?" Hermione blushed even harder.

Everyone just stared at Hermione in barely concealed shock, Ron and Neville were the only ones who had their mouth open and Hermione covered her face to hide her blush. Luna, sensing her discomfort, stepped forward and placed her hand on Hermione's arm.

Hermione separated her fingers to look at the younger blonde girl and Luna gave her a soft smile.

"It is nothing to be ashamed of, of course it is unheard of a person to have an orgasm while being bitten but it is not rare - it only happens when the victim has accepted what is happening to her and gives herself up to the vampire," explained Luna.

"We have a vampire walking around the school?" hissed Ron, Luna could sense fear and anger in his tone.

"Yes," Luna said.

"How do you kill a vampire?" Ron asked and Luna shrugged as she fiddled with her necklace.

"Easily, with stakes, holy water, sunlight and beheading. They can't enter a church due to the god and crosses and they are repelled by garlic and crosses," Luna explained, "All the things you can read in a book if you actually bothered to study." Ron flushed with embarrassment and anger while Dumbledore decided there was a more pressing manner.

"Who is he?" Professor Dumbledore asked. Hermione took a step back in self-defence, almost like she was trying to protect herself from an unseen assailant.

"Why do you want to know?" Hermione asked, clutching the dog tags around her neck.

"Because he is dangerous, if he is going around biting humans…"

"He only bit me and that was by accident, sort of," Hermione told him. "He was upset and angry. I followed him and he bit me, he later explained he was feeling the bloodlust and was trying to get away from everyone to keep them safe - I followed him!" Everyone just watched her, shocked, while Luna hummed in agreement.

"He does seem like the type," agreed Luna. "I tempted mine into biting me; I always wanted to know what it was like to be with a vampire." Hermione cut an amused look over to the blonde.

"It's Harry," whispered Ginny and everyone spun around to look at her but saw that she was looking at Hermione. "Harry is a vampire and he marked you."

"What makes you say that?" Hermione asked; her knuckles whitening as her fingers clutched the dog tags harder. Ginny motioned to the dog tags.

"Those are Harry's dog tags," Ginny said and everyone turned to face Hermione with shock clear on their faces.

"Is this true?" Professor Dumbledore asked and the fear on Hermione's face was the answer he needed.

"Oh dear, the boy who lived is a vampire," Molly sat down on the chair.

"That's why he never told anyone!" Hermione burst out, startling everyone. "Because you see him as the Boy Who Lived he couldn't be his true self!"

"He should have told us!" Molly snapped but Hermione shook her head.

"With the Wizarding World the way it is?" Hermione asked with a bitter laugh. "They would have killed him on the spot, regardless that he had saved them from Voldemort."

"It's impossible," stuttered out Ron and everyone looked at him. "He can walk in sunlight, I saw him eat garlic bread…" Luna hummed in agreement.

"But Harry isn't your usual Vampire," Luna told him. "There are…certain situations that made him the way he is," Luna explained before shaking her head as everyone made to ask more questions. "It is not my story to tell - it is Harry's so you will have to wait if he ever comes to back and tells you."

"Are you sure Harry is a vampire?" Neville spoke up, hesitantly and everyone looked at him. "It's just…he doesn't act like a vampire. I haven't seen him go nuts when it comes to bloodlust."

"He's a vampire," Hermione assured him. "I should know," she gestured to her neck with amusement. Neville gave her a shy smile as he blushed, pleased that she hadn't taken offence to his question. Ron watched the scene with annoyance; he didn't find what was so funny.

Ginny just watched the scene with a pensive thought, she knew that her mother had hoped that she and Harry would get together but if Ginny was truthful, she just had a crush on the boy-who-lived and she knew that Harry's life was dangerous, not as glamorous as people would think. She looked at her mother only to be disturbed when she saw the planning look on her face before she shook her head and turned back to look at Hermione.

"What do we do now?" Mad Eye Moody asked.

"We need to find him," Hermione spoke up, unsure where the urgency was coming from, she just knew that Harry was in danger and that she needed to find him before something happened to him.

"Harry is a big boy, Hermione, he can take care of himself," muttered Ron only to flinch when Hermione spurn around to face him with a look of horror and disbelief on her face.

"Harry is our best friend, Ron, and he could be out there hurt or worse and you're saying that we shouldn't help him?" demanded Hermione.

"He's a vampire, Hermione, what's the worse that can happen?" Ron asked, sourly.

"He could be starving, he could be dying, he could be in the hands of Voldemort and his death eaters," her eyes narrowed even harder when everyone but Dumbledore and Luna flinched at Voldemort's name, "He needs me, Ron and I won't let him down." Ron's blue eyes turned hard.

"He needs you?" Ron bit out "What about me, Hermione? I'm your boyfriend but I don't see you being attentive to me as you are to our best friend." Hermione threw her hands into the air out of frustration and shook her head.

"I am not going to sit here and listen to your pathetic selfish whining anymore," Hermione told him, clearly fed up with the situation she was in. "We're over!"

Her final comment just sent the whole room into silence before Ron's spluttering broke it.

"What?" Ron demanded.

"Get your ears cleaned," shot back Hermione, "We are over. If you can't accept that Harry is going to be an important part in my life and that he is your best friend, I don't want you in our lives."

"Oh, that's just brilliant," snapped Ron. "You are dumping me because of Harry - he gets the money and the frame and now he gets my girlfriend!" Hermione just arched an eyebrow at her ex-boyfriend's pathetic tantrum and wondered what possessed her to say yes when he asked her.

"Oh, that's a shocker. Ronald Bilius Weasley hears something he doesn't like and starts throwing a tantrum out of jealously that Harry Potter is getting everything he wants…money, frame and now the girl," mocked Hermione.

"Miss Granger!" gasped McGonagall, scandalized at what her favourite student was doing. Never in her life had she ever heard Hermione speak to anyone like that.

"What?" bit out Hermione, her fear for Harry making her reckless and out of control. Luna's hand came down on Hermione's arm and she tugged gently, drawing the older woman's attention to her.

"We should go Hermione, you need to walk off your anger," Luna told her. Hermione was about to protest but the hard glint in Luna's usually dreamy and soft eyes made her think twice and she gave a short nod before she followed the blonde out of the room, leaving the destruction behind.

They went down the stairs, both of them walking in silence when something struck her and she stopped in her tracks. Luna stopped as well and turned to face the older girl, wondering if she was going to ask the question.

"Who bit you?" Hermione asked and Luna sighed happily at the memories.

"Draco Malfoy,"

TBC

Shocker - bet you didn't see that coming!