Unofficial Portkey Archive

Love Bites by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Love Bites

spacegal

Apologises for not getting this out last week - I contracted an illness but thankfully it is the Spring Break means more writing time for me!

This is for you all who have been waiting for this moment

Chapter 6: You Marked Me

"You are angry," Luna spoke up from where she was lying on her stomach on the bed. Her hands propped her chin up and her blue eyes followed Hermione's figure as she paced the floor.

"When am I not?" muttered Hermione as she chewed on her thumbnail. Luna rolled her eyes.

"I understand you are worried about Harry and that you are angry over what the Weasley have done to you but you can not let it consume you," Luna advised her. Hermione stopped and turned to face Luna, who had rolled up into a sitting position, her legs crossed.

"How do you expect me to do that?" she asked. "They had stolen our memories and Harry is the one to face Voldemort in the end."

"Trust in your faith for Harry," Luna told her as she gestured to the bed. "You got this far because you believed in Harry. Do not let it waver when he needs you the most. You should not doubt yourself.

"It's so hard not to," Hermione moaned as she sat down on the bed and flop backward on the soft covers. "I knew that there was something wrong with me…especially when Ron asked me out but I ignored it."

"That is the problem when you have your memories changed or removed. You find it harder to trust your instincts…how can you trust it when you don't have an idea of why you don't trust that person?" Luna pointed out.

"He was our best friend, Luna. We trusted him and he did this to us," Hermione's lips curled down sadly. They had lost someone who they had been friends with…they weren't mourning for the loss of Ron, but more of the best friend that he could have been if he hadn't let his jealously get in the way.

"Human nature is a fickle thing," agreed Luna, getting amused smiles from Hermione. That sounded like something Dumbledore would say. "It's part of life, you know. We can't expect everything to go the way we want it to go."

"Tell me about it," muttered Hermione as she pulled herself up into a sitting position, crossing her legs as she did. She wore a pair of jeans and Harry's black shirt. Luna wore an ankle length dark purple skirt and a red strappy top.

"When did Harry bite you?" Luna asked and Hermione sighed.

"Back in our third year," Hermione told her. "It was during the time we were having the argument over the stupid broomstick that he got from Sirius - I turned it into Professor McGonagall because I was worried. At the time, we didn't know that Sirius was innocent." Luna nodded as Hermione slipped deeper into her thoughts.

The moon was barely shining through the windows of the castle; everyone was in their own places apart from two people who were walking along the hallway, having an argument.

"Harry, don't you dare walk away from me!" raged Hermione as she chased after the rapidly retreating figure.

"Go away, Hermione," ordered Harry, almost growling in the process.

"No, I will not!" shot back Hermione, hurt and anger mixing together in her tone.

"I mean it, Hermione!" snapped Harry, "I'm not in the mood to deal with anyone!"

"Tough!" Harry gritted his teeth in frustration; did she not understand that she could not help him?

"You can't help me," Harry told her, startling Hermione as she felt tears film her eyes. "No one can help me."

"I won't accept that!" Hermione shot at him, tearfully and Harry closed his eyes when he heard the tears in her voice but refused to stop walking. If he stopped, he would have to face her and he could end up doing something he would regret.

"Just go away, Hermione!"

"No! You need help but you are just too stubborn to admit it," she shot at him. Harry gritted his teeth harder and closed his eyes. The pain was racing through him and the scent of her blood was fuelling it onward. "You are my best friend Harry; I can't leave you when you obviously need me!" Harry stopped in his tracks, startling Hermione as she almost ploughed into him. The blood lust had overtaken Harry and it had decided she made a perfect mate and snack.

"Damn it!" Harry spun around and Hermione bit back a scream when she saw him. He had ridges over his forehead and nose, his eyes were a dark green colour, his cheekbones were sharper and his teeth were sharp fanged like.

"Harry…" Hermione started but Harry grabbed her by her upper arm and pulled her into his body. One hand slid up her back and into her thick hair, tilting her head to the side, exposing the jugular vein and he sunk his fangs into the vein.

Hermione let out a pained gasp as her eyes widen before they closed, her lips parted wider as she fought to breathe. Harry's other hand slid down to the small of her back, holding her close as Hermione's legs weakened as the pain turned to pleasure.

She fell backward, taking Harry with her as she landed on the stone floor. The move caused Harry to suckle deeper. Hermione's legs rose up on either side of Harry's hips and her hands slid over his back, clutching the dark robes as she fought to hold on only for Harry's tongue to flick over her skin, causing her back to arch and her eyes to roll into the back of her head as her orgasm burst out, taking over her.

Harry finally pulled himself away from Hermione's neck, from the thick rich blood that he was slowly becoming addicted to and looked down at his pale best friend underneath him, she wasn't moving.

Fear slammed its way through Harry's body as his face morphed back to its human form.

"Hermione…" Harry whispered as he reached up a shaking hand and touched the warm skin that was turning cold before he cursed when she didn't answer. He wiped the blood away from her neck and his mouth before hiding the twin punctures.

He moved his hand over her stomach and created a stab mark before lifting her up into his arms, bridal style, and hurried down the hallway to the hospital wing.

Upon reaching it, the doors slammed against the walls, startling the students that were staying the night and Madam Pomfrey.

"What on earth…Potter?!" exclaimed Madam Pomfrey before she took in the stab victim of his best friend and gasped. "Put her over here!" Madam Pomfrey gestured toward the nearest empty bed and Harry laid her down on it before taking a step back.

Madam Pomfrey did her check up before she frowned when she found that there was a stab wound in Hermione's lower abdomen. She removed Hermione's clothes so she could access the wound properly when the doors burst opened once more to reveal Dumbledore and a bunch of teachers.

"Poppy?" Dumbledore hurried into the Hospital Wing only to see Hermione lying on the bed, looking very still and pale and Harry was standing off to the side.

"I don't know what happened, Professor," admitted Pomfrey. "Potter brought her in and she has a stab wound to her lower stomach." Dumbledore looked over at Harry with an unreadable expression, Harry stared right back, his green eyes flat and hard, emotionless.

"What happened to her, Potter?" Snape stepped forward. Harry cut his eyes over to him before looking away, angering Snape even more as he strode over to Harry, grabbed his arm and spun him around. "Answer me, Potter!"

"Professor Snape!" snapped Professor McGonagall as she stepped forward and pushed Snape away from Harry. "I will not have you badgering my students."

"Maybe if he would loosen his tongue, I wouldn't have to 'badger' him," replied Snape, disdainfully, watching as Harry's hand tightened on the handle of the door.

"Harry…" Professor Dumbledore started but Harry lost his temper, while they were wasting their time with their pointless questions, she was dying.

"Just heal her!" Harry snarled as he took the hinge off the door, startling everyone. Madam Pomfrey stared at Harry before she nodded and gathered everything she needed to help the young woman.

Snape just continued to stare at Harry, he was curious about how Harry had managed to remove the hinge completely from the door. Harry watched as Madam Pomfrey removed Hermione's robes and unbuttoned her shirt to take a better look at the stab wound before she started cleaning it then healed it.

"We should do a test on Harry," spoke up Snape and they looked at him. "His strength is remarkable."

"Piss off Snape," muttered Harry before he turned his back on his shocked teachers as Madam Pomfrey finished patching Hermione and took a step back.

"It's a matter of time," she spoke up. "She did lose a lot of blood."

"She'll be fine," Harry said and they looked at him. Dumbledore gave a short nod, waving off the questions his colleagues would ask.

"I suggest we should go back to our rooms and assure our students that everything is fine," Dumbledore told them.

"What about the stabbing?" Madam Pomfrey demanded. "This young woman was stabbed and would have died if it wasn't for Potter!" Dumbledore nodded.

"And I conclude that Miss Granger would have no memories of it when she does wake up. She would have taken a hard hit to her head when she fell," Dumbledore reminded and Madam Pomfrey sighed as she realised that Dumbledore was right. "Beside, we must assume that Miss Granger was the intended victim for the time being until we have more evidence." Everyone nodded and followed Dumbledore out of the Hospital Wing while Madam Pomfrey looked at Harry.

"I gather you wish to stay here," she spoke up.

"Please," came the whisper and she nodded.

"You can take the bed next to her and I want to see you sleeping," she warned him and Harry nodded as he sat on the bed, his green eyes still locked on Hermione, who was now under the covers of the bed. Madam Pomfrey watched them for a moment before she headed into her office, missing the way Harry reached out to touch Hermione's hand only to hesitate and pull his hand back.

He lay down on his back and stared up at the ceiling, hoping that Hermione would wake up the next day but also dredged it because it meant she would have questions he would have to answer.

A few days later, Hermione had managed to pin Harry so she could get her answers. The moment she had woken up in the hospital wing, Harry had whispered that he was sorry before leaving altogether. Madam Pomfrey had been baffled at his sudden turnabout but fussed over Hermione, making sure that she was okay.

Once Madam Pomfrey had declared Hermione fit and healthy, she left the Hospital Wing and spent ages looking for Harry but he was always up, gone before she was, and arrived back at the common room after she had fallen asleep waiting for him. She even checked all his usual haunts but he had continued to elude her.

When she did find him, he was up in the owlery. He was sitting at the back near the window with his knees drawn up. Hedwig was perched on his knee as he stroked her feathers on her chest. Hearing a noise, Harry turned his head to see Hermione standing in the doorway and held back a sigh; he should have known that she would have caught up with him eventually.

Hermione walked over to him and sat down in front of him, drawing her knees up to her chest and making sure, she was covered.

"How long have you been a vampire for?" Hermione asked.

"Since I was five," Harry told her. Hedwig gave a little hoot as she moved to Harry's shoulder, comforting him in his time of need.

"Who turned you?" Harry shrugged.

"I was mostly out of it when they bit me. My aunt and uncle had kicked me out of the house, leaving me to wander the streets starving and tired. I remember a shadow approaching me, a kind voice telling me not to be scared before there was a twinge of pain on my neck," Harry explained. "The next thing I knew I was back in my room - I remember hearing Dudley's heart beating and the blood rushing."

"You deal with the bloodlust by staying away from us?" Hermione asked and Harry looked away guiltily.

"I find a willing girl, drink from her and remove it from her mind - she just thinks we talked," Harry admitted before taking in Hermione's shocked expression. "I need blood, Hermione, but I can't have people go around saying I'm a vampire."

"What happened to me?" Hermione pulled the collar of her shirt down, touching the marks.

"Three days a month, I go through a high blood lust meaning I need to feed on a large amount of blood. When you chased me, that was my last day," Harry explained and Hermione sighed as she dropped her hand into her lap, looking at them.

"And the mark…" asked Hermione, "No one else has complained about mysterious bite marks."

"The blood lust is also a mating period - I marked you as my mate," Harry looked away as Hermione's head came up her, her brown eyes filled with anger.

"You marked me?" Hermione hissed, incensed and Harry turned furious eyes on hers.

"If you had just left me alone when I told you to, you wouldn't be in this situation," shouted Harry, startling Hermione. "All you had to do was leave me alone Hermione, I just wanted that from you but you didn't and my demon took over."

"You can't blame me for that!" she shot at him.

"I told you to leave me alone, that you couldn't help me but oh no, not Hermione Granger, miss-know-it-all. You just have to keep pushing and pushing," he snarled and she stood up, hurt.

"I thought we were best friends," she told him, trying to keep the tears out of her voice but failed as her voice trembled. Harry closed his eyes, feeling guilty.

"There are things I can't tell you, Hermione, and there are things you can't help me with. Me being a vampire isn't one of them. All you had to do was trust me." He stood up.

"I do trust you," she whispered. Brown eyes locked with green. Hedwig took flight.

"If that was true…you would have walked away when I asked you," he whispered before leaving the owlery and Hermione alone with her thoughts.

End Flashback

Hermione looked at Luna who was gazing at her with an understanding look on her face.

"We didn't make up for another two week," Hermione sighed sadly, "and even then, we still had problems - we just kept up pretence while trying to deal with our feelings."

"Is it true that Molly and Ron kept using memory charms on you?" Luna asked and Hermione nodded.

"When we came back for our fourth year, we started hanging out even more, especially with everyone turning their back on Harry, even Ron. We gave into our feelings and made out…we even went further than making out…but Ron caught us, screamed at us and memory charmed us into forgetting it," whispered Hermione. "That was the reason why he did a complete 180 and decided to believe Harry." Luna shook her head in disgust. "He refused to let me out of his sight all summer before fifth year and when Harry came up - we managed to hide away, we only meant to talk but we ended up being in a compromising situation and Molly caught us and memory charmed us."

"What about Dumbledore?" Luna asked and Hermione sighed.

"He knows about Harry, and I guess about Draco considering he allows Draco to stay at Hogwarts this summer," Hermione told her. "Harry told me that Dumbledore found Harry and the Vampire shortly after he had bitten Harry and explained everything. Dumbledore was helping Harry train while keeping his secret from the Wizarding World."

"Hm…that would explain why the Ministry was convinced Dumbledore was trying to create a secret army. It's no secret that Dumbledore and Harry obviously have a tie and it must have made him nervous that Harry was rebelling against him," Luna said and Hermione nodded.

"The Ministry knows there's something different about Harry but haven't figured it out. I'm hoping they never will but it all depends on what will happen with Voldemort," Hermione looked up at the ceiling. "He might not have a choice in the end."

"And they will kill him even though he saved them from Voldemort once more," Luna said and Hermione nodded in disgust.

"That's the Wizarding World, wonder why Harry even bothers," Hermione admitted. "The wizarding world either turns their back on him or hails him as a hero. It's like whatever side of the coin lands, they follow it."

"They can be stuck in their ways," agreed Luna and Hermione sighed before shaking her head as she turned to face Luna.

"Ok, enough about Harry and me - what about you and Draco? How on earth did you manage to have sex with him and convince him to bite you?" Luna grinned.

"Quite easily, they may be vampires but they are still teenaged boys with one thing on their mind," Luna teased and Hermione laughed.

"That's true," she agreed, remembering all the times Harry had managed to convince her into making out with her rather than studying. He was quite convincing now that she thought back on it.

"Draco was suspicious of me at first, especially when I started flirting with him. With girls throwing themselves at him, it's kinda hard for him to know who is genuine or who just wants to be with him due to his status in the school and Wizarding World," Hermione nodded. "It took a while to break through his guard and actually seduce him into bed. For tempting him into biting me, our blood gets richer when we get excited or happy about something. All I had to do was make sure that I wore low-necked tops and was happy or excited."

"And it worked?" Hermione asked and Luna nodded.

"Especially when I tempted him during the blood lust period," she explained. "It took a while but I managed to wear him down. A vampire does not mark you as a mate unless he is attracted to you on all levels. A vampire can't just mark anyone as a mate; they have to be attracted to them, physically, sexually, emotionally, and mentally."

"Oh," Hermione mused about it. "That would explain a lot of things. Especially about the part where he told me vampires usually takes their mate during the marking." Luna nodded.

"That's when Draco took me, thankfully we were in a room with a bed at the time," Luna told her and Hermione chuckled.

"Yeah, Harry took me three times when we finally gave in," Hermione told her before smiling dreamily. "It was amazing, painful in the morning but completely worth it." Luna grinned before she decided to turn the conversation back to their originally starter.

"Will Harry out them?" Luna asked.

"He sent Dumbledore a letter, explaining the situation. Dumbledore wasn't happy when he found out but promised to keep it low profile until we have enough evidence to bring them down," Hermione explained. "Harry wants to wait until Voldemort and his Death Eaters are finished and make sure that there is a new minister of the Ministry so they would be able to listen and give a fair trial rather than saying that it was good because a half blood like Harry should be with someone more worthy, a pure blood like Ginny."

"And that tends to piss him off," Luna murmured before shaking his head and looked at her watch. "What is taking the boys so long anyway?"

"They are checking out things in Diagon Alley. I'm sure they'll be back soon," Hermione assured but both of them shared an uneasy look, hoping the boys were okay and safe.

TBC

To those who watch Buffy - you would notice that the scene was inspired by Graduation Part 2 (Season 3) where Buffy forces Angel to drink her - she so had an orgasm at that part.