Unofficial Portkey Archive

Destiny’s Ghost by JadeLMSkywalker
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Destiny’s Ghost

JadeLMSkywalker

Destiny's Ghost

Information

Author: Jade L. M. Skywalker

Beta Reader: Cindy Evans

Release Times: Longer than 'The Final Belonging' about two to four weeks on the long side.

Category: AU/Action/Adventure/Angst/Romance/General.

Spoilers: Books 1-5, though this occurs directly after Harry's fourth year it contains information from Book five.

Warnings: Possible OC: Out Of Character

Rating: PG-13 (cause I can't swear THAT much)

Characters: Harry Potter, Evan Knight, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Ginny Weasley, Bill Weasley, Charlie Weasley, Fred and George Weasley, Molly and Arthur Weasley, Neville Longbottom, Albus Dumbledore, Sirius Black, Minerva McGonagall, Remus Lupin, Destiny Potter, Jacen Potter, James Potter, Lily Potter, Melissa Malkin, Tom the bartender, Cara the mirror personality, Tom Riddle, Lord Voldemort, Peter Pilgrew, Wormtail, Prongs, Padfoot, Moony, Artoo, Fawkes, Hedwig, Phoenix, and many more.

Summary: What would've happened to the world as we know it if Harry Potter wasn't the one chosen that Halloween night so long ago. What if it had been Neville Longbottom's destiny, and what if things didn't turn out the same, if something different occurred that night? Join Harry Potter and Gang to see just what did occur, and how even though it's not their real world, they are just as destined to save this other world.

Disclaimer: Alas I own nothing, I am just borrowing these wonderful toys for this story and I hereby promise to put my toys away when I am finished. Therefore these wonderful toys belong to JK Rowling, Scholastic Publishing and Warner Brothers Inc. Star Wars is owned by 20th Century Fox and George Lucas Entertainment and I am borrowing some of the story and or characters, in general, anything you recognize is not mine.

Group: I have started my own Yahoo group, if you are interested in joining or at least checking it out SkywalkersStories-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. Thank you.

Prologue

Promises Fulfilled

His scary black eyes scan the gruesome scene before him, his face as unreadable as his emotions. His black hair cut short on the top and the sides, buzz style. His black close fitting clothes covered by his black officer's cloak, his visible scar on his forehead for all to see in the slowly setting sun. His six foot two height allowing him greater visibility and oddly enough maneuverability considering his size. His eyes rest on the distance and he can see the mass of people gathered together as they continue their quickly ending struggle against the remaining enemy. An enemy that knows they are losing and have lost. Looking down at the ground before him he sees the form of a person, if you wish to refer to him as that, lying on the ground lifelessly. This form is the cause of such unmentionable pain, for his pain, yet he does not hate the form, he did not want to kill the form. He knew however, if his family was to be happy then he had to. He hears shouts of happiness and he looks up again into the distance to see the remaining enemy either running away or being taken prisoner.

His trained eyes instantly recognize the loudest forms, even if he didn't know them, even if he wasn't trained, he would know them. With their heads of red they are hard to miss. The Weasley family, or at least those still considered family. Within the grouped mass of red hair, two heads stand out as different, his friends and what he considers being his family. He can see two of his three second in commands running about, he watches as Lieutenant Commander Hermione Granger and Captain Neville Longbottom go from red head to red head hugging them. He instantly knows when Hermione finds his last second in command as she throws herself at him, thus telling him the location of one Captain Ronald Weasley.

Looking around he realizes his eyes have once again changed colors. From the look of everything around him he knows his eyes are no longer black, but have changed to a fire flame color. His surroundings shift in color and contrast allowing him to notice any chance of coming attack. His alert is lower, but he is not fooled. He can sense something about to happen in the air, something important. Something he can't put his finger on. With a sigh he looks down at the lifeless corpse, "I didn't want to kill you Tom, I didn't want to become a murderer like you," he whispers in his soft yet respectful voice. "You just wouldn't let it end any other way," he says in a sad voice as the pictures of those lost to this war flash before his minds eye. His parents, Cedric, his godfather Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Hagrid, Professor Snape, Professor McGonagall, The Dursleys, Mr. and Mrs. Granger, and most devastatingly Albus Dumbledore. He knows he should look at who they had been able to save rather than those they have lost, but he is unable to look past them.

He watches as the group he calls family turn his way and start walking towards him. He smiles slightly at them as he realizes he was able to keep his promise to Mrs. Weasley, her family did not die. As this thought runs through his mind he remembers another promise made to a man he considered more than an ally, more than a friend, more than a Professor or Headmaster, he in all truth considered the man a grandfather.

"I have fulfilled my destiny," fifteen year old Harry James Potter shouts into the twilight of the setting sun. "I have fulfilled the prophecy," he whispers to the corpse on the ground. As he says this he remembers something Professor Dumbledore had told him before his death. "I have completed this task," he repeats his words aloud, "I am finished here, but I have another task to complete, another destiny not known to me in this world, transporto etanretla dlrow das sdeen gnivas," he shouts out thus completing his promise to Albus Dumbledore, though he has no idea of what he had just said or what the consequences of these words will be. It doesn't matter to him for he knows Albus would never harm him and wanted only to make him happy.

As the last sound leaves his lips a flash of light blinds him and he instinctively raises his arms to shield himself from the blast. He realizes too late this is what he had sensed a short few moments ago. He hears the shouts from his family as they start to run towards him, one last call of "HARRY!" is heard and then absolute silence and complete and total darkness.

Minutes if not hours slowly creep past, he finds himself strangely aware and yet not. It is as though everything where he is exists and does not exist at the same time. Matter and anti-matter, life and death, air and vacuum, light and dark, past and future, here and there, yet it seems to be nothing, but at the same time everything. He feels awake and asleep though he knows he is neither. He subconsciously shakes his head wondering at these feelings and what he has gotten himself into this time.

As quickly as the light flashed, the darkness recedes causing him to once again shield his eyes against the blinding light. After a moment to prepare himself he slowly drops his arm, his jaw follows shortly after, his eyes widen in shock and disbelief. There before his unbelieving eyes is a sight he had thought he would never see again, for he knew it would never be the same after they rebuilt it, he looks at the sign to his right to make sure he isn't losing it, DIAGON ALLEY, the sign shows. "Oh no," Harry says in shock.