Unofficial Portkey Archive

Destiny’s Ghost by JadeLMSkywalker
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Destiny’s Ghost

JadeLMSkywalker

A/N: Thanks to all of you who have reviewed, it means a lot. I hope those of you who are reading this story is enjoying it. Thanks again, Jade.

Chapter Four

The List

The morning light filters brightly through the closed curtains in his room. He slowly opens one eye to look at the offending object. With a resigned sigh he forces his other eye to open as well. Exhaustion, he has learned is the only way to prevent night terrors, for they are anything but nightmares. He lays there for a moment to recount his previous day, shaking his head at all that had occurred. With a soft grunt he slowly pushes himself into an upright position; he carefully throws his legs over the side of the bed and slides to the edge. All the while forcing himself not to panic, panic does no good no matter the situation. He places his elbows on his knees and puts his head in his hands. "What were you thinking sir," he asks the semi emptiness of the room. Hedwig and Artoo are also in the room. "Why send me to another universe," he asks in a sad tone. "You know who my family is, um, was, you know I never wanted to leave them or hurt them," he says sadly, "What have I done," he whispers in defeat.

Minutes if not hours pass by before he moves again. He finally looks up and looks around his room. He has stayed here before, well, maybe not in this room but here in the pub. The room he is currently in is small, but luxurious at the same time. Much better than the room he had before his fourth year, hands down. Glancing over at the clock on the wall, a wizard clock that most wizard hotels and motels have, but not many wizards know how to read, with a shake of his head he realizes he can't even sleep in the day after he finally defeats Voldemort. In fact he has awakened right on time, five o'clock in the morning. Well, at least the time Hermione said he couldn't get out of bed before, that is.

Pushing himself off the bed he walks over to the chair that he put his cloak on. Reaching into the pocket where he placed his trunk, he removes the trunk and the sports bag. He puts the trunk on the ground at the end of the bed and enlarges it. He then does the same thing with the sports bag. Reaching out he unzips the sports bag to find a new set of identification badges and certificates, all under his new name Evan Knight, he sets them on the bed as he looks over each one. N.E.W.T. test scores, Auror and Unspeakable Badge, Military Identification, Insignia, Rank, Unit, Detachment, Battalion, Underage Clearance, Hogwarts Graduation Certificate, Prefect Certificate and Badge, Order of Merlin First Class Award and metal, Order of the Phoenix Necklace Pennant, Order of the Phoenix Rank, Student ID, License to Apparate, various Military awards, various Student awards, Animagus license, registration of being an Animagus, a Seer, a Empaths, Enchanter, and various others. He shakes his head in disgust as he looks at the copies of awards he has already hidden away never to be looked at again, or so he thought. He reaches into his cloak once again and removes his true identifications and licenses he places these into the bag and sets it on the bed near the end. He knows what he has to do with it, he has to put it in a place where no one will be able to see it, will be able to get at it, will be able to learn his secret. With a sigh he kneels down in front of his trunk and proceeds to open it, thus having to input his password, do a finger print test and then finally the key.

Opening the lid to his trunk he realizes in dismay, he only has one pair of civilian clothes. He reaches in and removes them carefully. He looks over at the pile of clothes he removed last night and shakes his head as the full impact of what this new discovery means, time to go shopping. Only this time there is no Hermione or Ginny to help him choose. He also knows that before he can do too much he needs to learn the history of this world; he needs to know what has made this different than his own world. For he knows even the smallest of changes can cause drastic effects.

He places his cloak and the pile of clothes in his trunk and then removes a good mount of Galleons so he can get some more acceptable clothing. He also removes a single Officer Uniform and an officer cloak. Closing the trunk, he re-shrinks it with the sports bag, and places them on the end of the bed. Taking his civilian clothing, he walks towards the bathroom as he mentally starts to make a list of places he needs to go and things he needs to get. A list he soon realizes is going to be very long. Once Harry, now Evan steps out of the bathroom he has a completed list of what he needs to pick up and do today, and what a list it is. He looks down at his writing and shakes his head as he rolls through what he estimates is at least a foot and half of parchment.

List of things to do today

1. See Tom

a. Sign Registrar and register for another night

b. Try and see if old Voldemort is still alive

c. If so try and get the general idea

d. If not try and get the history

2. Go to Madam Malkin's

a. 4 black cloaks

b. 1 dark blue dress cloak

c. A new set of dress robes

d. 6 new sets of uniforms (like Hogwarts)

e. A new scarf

f. Dragon hide gloves

g. Close fitting gloves to wear daily

3. Ollivander's

a. A wand

i. Wonder if it is the same

1. If yes

a. Wonder if he will say the same

2. If no

a. Wonder what kind it will be

b. Wonder what he will say anyway

ii. Wonder if he will be able to recognize me as he did before

1. Wonder what he will say if he does

2. Wonder what he will say if he doesn't

3. This is one way of learning if my counterpart is alive in this world or not, um, maybe. At least it will tell me of I look like my twin or whatever.

4. Go to Gringotts

a. Open an account

b. Obtain a vault

c. Place bag, old trunk and money in new vault

d. Get some Muggle money out of trunk

5. Purchase a new trunk

a. Have EK engraved on the side

b. Make sure it has special security options

c. Multiple locks

d. Loads of storage space

6. Flourish & Blotts Book Store

a. Hogwarts: A history

b. The rise and fall of the Dark Lord

c. Famous Witches and Wizards of the century

d. The Dark Wars

e. The Second Rise of the Dark Lord

f. Anything on Voldemort

g. Anything else of interest

7. Owl's Emporium

a. Treats for Hedwig and Artoo

8. Quidditch Supplies

a. Check on the style of brooms

b. If too different get a new broom

c. If not too different, think about it

9. Writing Supplies

a. Parchment

b. Quills

c. Journal

d. Calendar

10. Go back to Madam Malkin's to pick up order

11. Drop supplies off in my room

12. Go to Muggle London to get the following supplies

a. Shirts

b. Pants

c. Shorts

d. Socks

e. Boxers

f. Shoes

g. Boots

h. Swimming trunks

i. Towels

j. Washrags

k. Sunglasses

l. Watch

m. Coat

n. Jacket

o. Hair cut

p. Suit

q. Tie

r. Suit and Tie optional only if I feel up to it

s. Swimming Trunks only if they have my type

t. Try and talk myself out of most of these

Looking down at his list once again, he realizes he has a lot of work to do today. Then to add onto that, a lot of studying, catching up to do afterwards, causing this day to be a very long day. Grabbing his shrunken trunk and bag he sets out to start his long day.