Unofficial Portkey Archive

Destiny’s Ghost by JadeLMSkywalker
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Destiny’s Ghost

JadeLMSkywalker

Chapter Nineteen

The Former Student

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Headmaster's Office

Same Night

"Would you care for some tea," Albus Dumbledore asks with a gentle smile as he looks at his most trusted and longtime friend, he waves a hand towards the chairs in front of the fire offering her a seat. He knows what she is here to talk about and he doesn't know if he is ready for where this conversation is heading, let alone where she wishes to take it. He quickly takes in the fact that though she is dressed she isn't dressed for work, just as he himself is in more relaxed clothing. Though with him, only a friend could tell the difference and he knows by the look in her eyes that she registers this fact instantly and places it aside within her mind until later.

"Thank you Albus," Minerva McGonagall finally asks, trying to get to the point of this early morning visit, though they don't do this often it isn't unheard of when one is worried about the other. She has seen the changes come over him in the last few weeks and she doesn't know what it is exactly. "I would love some," she says as she sits down in the offered chair, she can see the hesitation in his blue eyes and knows he doesn't feel ready to talk about what she is here to talk about. Minerva watches as Albus conjures a fresh pot of tea, she can see the weight of the war resting heavily on his aged shoulders and she doesn't like what she sees. "Thanks," she says taking the offered cup of tea, earl gray tea, her favorite. "What's bothering you," she finally asks. "I know it's about William, just as I also know that's not all there is to it, but what," he pauses for a second, "Besides the fact that he's a Death Eater, what is bothering you," she clarifies softly as she watches him over the rim of her cup as she carefully sips at the wonderful tasting tea. She knows of this past with Death Eaters, just as he knows hers. The two of them have been through many scrapes together over the years and she is still amazed by what her dearest friend is capable of.

Albus sighs softly as he lets his mind wonder all the times the two of them have barely escaped with their lives. "I feel as though I should know more about him," he finally admits knowing he could never hide anything from her and that she would dig it out of him if he dared to try. "I feel as though I've met him, but I can't place where or when. I have an image of him, but only younger and it's blurry. His name is on the tip of my tongue but it seems to refuse to want to be said," he says with a shake of his head. Looking up he sees the concern in Minerva's eyes, "Maybe my age is finally catching up with me," he teases earning a slight smile from his audience.

"Had that been the case, it would have happened years ago," Minerva instantly returns, going into their normal routine. Than she turns thoughtful, "You say you should know him," she says as she tries to piece together this puzzle, trying to help Albus any way she can.

"I feel as though I should," Albus agrees with a slight shrug of his shoulder, suddenly glad of her company, her friendship.

"Tell me about this image you have of him," Minerva asks hoping to get more information.

"Well," Albus says as he tries to pull the fuzzy image to the front of his mind. "I," he starts as he squints his eyes in thought, "I can see a figure standing," he relates slowly his face scrunched up in thought, "on the stairs below me. He's tall, cocky and," he drifts off as he loses the memory once again.

"A former student perhaps," Minerva offers in question as she furrows her brows in concentration as she tries to place this figure in her own mind. "I can't recall ever meeting him or someone like him," she says after a few silent minutes as each figure try and locate a memory that seems to be laughing at them as it continues to elude them.

"He would have to be," Albus says as he tries to recall the picture once again. "I get the feeling I had some authority he did not," he tries to explain.

"I don't recall him," Minerva points out, trying to help limit who the man could be. "I also know that no William Thomas has ever attended Hogwarts in the forty years since I transferred from the Ministry," she offers.

"Before your time," Albus says automatically, unthinkingly, and he instantly knows it is true. "It's just I can't place when," he repeats.

Minerva looks at Albus in shock, "William is way too young to have gone here over fifty years ago," she points out logically. "I don't know when you met him Albus, and I don't doubt you have, but I know I've never met him or someone like him in the forty years I've been working here," she explains. "Maybe he came for a visit a few years back when I was on vacation during the summer," she offers hopefully.

"No it wasn't during the summer," Albus says dismissing it. "The way he looks in my memory tells me he is wearing a uniform, a school uniform," he says with a shake of his head.

"William Thomas is too young Albus," Minerva points out. "Even with the fact he is a wizard, aging doesn't slow down until after you reach late forties, and he isn't even in his thirties," she says logically.

"Which is only adding to my confusion," Albus states honestly, his confusion evident in his face and eyes. Before Minerva can reply, they hear the gargoyle start to move and the stairs being activated. Shortly after the sounds from the entrance, they hear teasing amongst three men and the occupants of the room share a look of amusement while shaking their heads. "Will resume this later," Albus says in a whisper as he and Minerva listen to the teasing going on just outside the door, the both of them standing up and facing the door being their chairs.

"I win," a voice they instant recognize as Sirius calls out winded, but the excitement is clear in his panting.

"If you'd play fair," another voice wheezes back, easily identifying the voice as James Potter.

"Never thought I of all people, would ever say anything like this, but Evan acts more adult than either of you two will ever be," a third exasperated voice says to the two and thus allowing his identity to be known as well. "Wait," Remus says, the amusement clear in his tone, "That could be said of most kids, at the age of TWO," he corrects his error.

"Enter," Albus calls out, trying to sound Headmaster-ish, before anyone can reply to Remus's words or knock on the door, the tone in his voice betraying his amusement at their words and their timing. Of all the times to come for a late night conversation, it would just have to be the one where both the Headmaster and the Deputy Headmistress are up and already dressed.

Slowly the doorknob starts to turn allowing the door to open ever so slightly, a mop of black hair appears before the face of one Sirius Black does, a grin spread widely on his young features. A grin causing the thought 'cat that ate the canary,' to pop into Minerva's mind. Upon seeing he is the center of attention, Sirius pushes the door open to allow the other two Marauders into the Headmaster's office once again. Remus watches for a moment as James and Sirius make their way across the room, shaking his head he closes the door to the room and catches up with his partner's in crime. By the looks on their faces, both Minerva and Albus know they are remembering times when they were in this room before, only this time they are not here for being in trouble once again, at least not yet. "Please, tell me you didn't run through the halls," Minerva asks with a look of horror on her stern face, knowing full well they more than likely did. The downcast looks by all three of the Marauders at being caught are more than enough evidence to prove her thoughts were correct. "Honestly, you're worse than the students," she huffs out knowingly while rolling her eyes, they will never change and she is secretly very glad of this fact.

Sirius, who is bent over trying to catch his breath, stands straight up at this comment, "Why thank you for the compliment," he says with a wide smile causing Minerva to shake her head, the word 'hopeless' can be barely heard being muttered by the Deputy Headmistress.

"Can I ask what brings you here," Albus asks the three visitors softly, thus stopping the teasing from continuing as he waves a hand to the unoccupied chairs that have just appeared.

As they all sit down, Remus, being the ever responsible one responds first, "We received a visitor," he says looking directly at the Headmaster.

"Who," Minerva asks instantly interested, her eyes bright with curiosity.

"Evan," Sirius says with a wide smile as he remembers the teasing he and Evan exchanged.

"Really," Minerva says her eyes growing wide, shocked, "all of you," she asks further, confused and needing clarification.

"He came for Remus first," Sirius says stating a fact, "Then he included me," he continues.

"We talked him into allowing James and Lily to join us," Remus says continuing the explanation with no interruptions, as if they had practiced prior to arriving at Hogwarts. And people wonder why the three of them aren't triplets.

"What did our young Mr. Knight have to say tonight," Albus asks as he places his chin on the tips of his fingers as he thinks about what he's been told so far. It seems there is hope after all.

"A lot actually," James admits truthfully.

"Spill it already," Minerva huffs.

Sirius tilts to the side as he tries to remove something from his back pocket, only to produce a piece of parchment, "He asked if we wanted to go for a walk," he says distractedly as he starts to unfold the parchment, not even realizing he spoke, which explains why he, of all people, seemed to have started at the beginning of the story.

"As we walked he informed us of a dream of his," James continues as he watches Sirius try and unfold the parchment he folded six times over.

"It seems William is not who or what he seems," Sirius says as he looks over the now unfolded parchment, only to instantly flip it around so he can see the writing, trying to get into the interesting part. Only to stop talking and start to fight with his cloak, because it had gotten bunched up under his bum as he removed the parchment from his pocket a few moments ago.

"What do you mean," Albus asks instantly, leaning forward in his chair as if to catch everything.

"I think," Remus says cutting Sirius off as he was about to start talking, "We should start from the beginning," he finishes as he ignores the offended look from Sirius.

Therefore the three Marauders told their former Professors a quick overview of what they were told that evening, morning, or whatever you wish to classify the time as. Even during their paraphrasing they made sure that they explained the Chamber of Secrets, the devices, Lucius Malfoy, Wormtail, and the attempt to enter the Weasley wards, and of course, who William Thomas really is.

"So Mr. Knight told you William is Voldemort," Albus asks ignoring their flinch at the name.

"Evan said he was the younger version, the one from the diary," James agrees with a nod of his head.

Albus pauses in his seat as he sits back, thinking about what he has just been told, "Is there anything else about what he said that seemed odd," he asks his eyes bright behind his glasses, a sure sign he is about to piece together the last piece of a puzzle.

"Evan said something about Tommy boy," Sirius says with a shrug, not knowing the importance of the words. He can tell they are important instantly as the three Marauders and the Deputy Headmistress watch as the Headmaster jumps as though he's been electrocuted, and takes in a deep inhale of breath.

"How is it possible," Albus whispers as he stands up from his chair. "How is it possible," he says again. "I never put the pieces together," he says as he walks over to the bookcase to the right behind his desk. Reaching up he pulls out a book and makes his way back to his late night visitors. Carefully removing his wand from his moon covered robes he points it at the book on his lap, "Invenio Depingo Thomas Marvolo," and then his drops past their hearing. The pages start to move on their own, flying passed numerous sheets, an instantaneous reaction, but still stunning to see, only for the pages to settle open near the back of the book. Albus looks down at the picture of one Tom Marvolo Riddle and shakes his head, "A former student indeed," he whispers, the shock evident in his voice and the stiffness of his figure. He looks up to Minerva, "Two years before you came," he states, "About fifty years ago," he says answering both of their question from earlier.

James and Minerva's eyes widen in shock, though both Sirius and Remus share a look that seems to say, 'like duh, that's what Evan said'. "He's telling the truth," Minerva squeaks out in shock as she takes the book from Albus's outstretched hand and looks down at the devious smile of the Head-Boy as he stands snobbishly within the pages of the book, standing oddly still compared to the other pictures surrounding him. Minerva hands the book over to the three Marauders and turns to look back to the Headmaster.

"I just couldn't place him," Albus agrees with a soft nod of his head, his eyes distant as he replays the memory from earlier, only this time much clearer.

"Evan said he was surprised you hadn't figured it out yet," Sirius says with a shrug as he looks down at the picture before him, "Mean lookin'," he mutters as he hands the book to Remus.

"Smart kid," Minerva says with a small shake of her head.

"Brilliant kid," Remus corrects almost protectively.

"What do we do know," James asks after coming out of the stupor of shock, the picture of Tom Marvolo Riddle looking back up at him, the deviousness clear within the very print of the page.

"We remove the devices and hope there's enough evidence to remove William," Albus says as he looks at Sirius who instantly blushes and hands over the Parchment, looking much worse for the wear. "I had hoped we wouldn't be forced to start the school year with him here," he says distantly as he looks down at the parchment Sirius handed to him.

"And the Weasley's," Remus anxiously asks. He knows how much Evan cares for the family and if they are in danger…Remus doesn't even want to think about what the loss would do to Evan now.

"I'll inform them of them of the possible breach immediately," Minerva says and then looks out the window to see it is still dark out, "Or owl them before noon," she says with a nod of her head. "I'll also inform them of little Ginny's murder," she whispers sadly as she looks down at the floor in remembrance of the once happy little redheaded girl.

"It's good to know she didn't commit suicide," Sirius points out softly as he too looks down at the floor in respect for a person he has never met but knows could have made the world that much better.

"And that she didn't really know what was happening, she felt no pain," Remus adds on in a whisper, as he too follows Sirius and looks down at the floor. He is glad she never knew what was coming and that she didn't suffer any pain as she was slowly murdered. He closes his eyes tightly as he thinks about Evan and what he must be feeling, if what Remus is feeling, a tightness in his chest, he has no idea what Evan must be feeing and he knew her, or at least a version of her.

The room is plunged into respectful silence as each person reflects upon the loss of an innocent life, not just Ms. Weasley's but those from before and since her death. "The most puzzling question is," Albus says after three minutes or so of silence, causing his visitors to jump in surprise. "How exactly did Evan Knight know all this," he asks curiously.

A flaming blaze of defense flashes in Remus's eyes, "He didn't do it," he instantly defends almost in a shout, trying to keep the wolf in him at bay, the need to protect his pack stronger than he had thought possible.

"I know," Albus rushes to assure making direct eye contact with Remus, knowing he has just stepped on the proverbial nail, "It's just a mystery," he admits to those in the room, but most importantly to the wolf hiding just beneath the surface of the calmest man Albus has ever met. Smiling gently as he sees the wolf start to retreat to within, "You know me and mysteries, I …," he starts to say but is cut off.

"Can't stand to leave then unsolved," Remus finishes knowingly.

"Exactly," Albus agrees with a soft sigh and an even softer nod of his head.

Remus smirks at this for a moment, his eyes moving to the fire in the pit, "I can't wait to hear your guesses about Evan," he says thinking how far from the truth these guesses will inevitably be.

"I take it you know more about him," Minerva asks with a shake of her head.

Remus looks up at her from his gaze at the fire, "I know a bit," he admits hesitantly.

"Care to share with the rest of the class," James asks.

"As far as I can remember James, I've told you everything I can," Remus says looking over at James honestly, "I promised Evan I wouldn't say too much about my time with him, and what I can I have already told everyone," he says as a shadow crosses his brown eyes, his mind traveling back to a time just after he started to have this odd dreams.

Remus looks over at the people he considers closer than family; they are all sitting in the study at Godric's Hollow. James and Lily are on the loveseat, Sirius is sprawled out on the chair directly to the right of the loveseat and across from Remus, and Remus himself is sitting in the chair to the left of the loveseat and the closest to the firewood on the left of the fireplace. "Thanks for coming," Remus says suddenly nervous about what he is about to tell them.

"You have another of those dreams," Sirius asks as he throws his leg over the arm of the chair, his eyes glued to Remus's, the concern clear within those blue orbs.

"I have," Remus reluctantly admits, the words starting to fail him now.

"It's okay Remus," Lily says softly, "it's better to get it out than to keep it in," she says with a gentle smile as she leans forward far enough to place a comforting hand on his knee.

"Thanks," Remus says with a soft choke, his face reddening with embarrassment that he can't keep a simple dream to himself.

"Tell us about it," James says as he sits forward, his left hand on Lily's back.

"It was weirder than the first one," Remus slowly starts to recount, the reluctance clear in the hesitancy with which he is speaking.

"And that one was weird, gave me nightmares for weeks it did," Sirius says causing Remus to chuckle at him, pleased with his result Sirius smiles widely and leans further back into his chair, "Let the stories roll Remy," he says teasingly.

Remus looks at Sirius with a gentle smile on his face, grateful for the love he is receiving in this odd time. "I was just about asleep when I felt as though I was being ripped from my mind," he starts with the story and realizes he doesn't feel as stupid as he thought he would. "I wound up in the same mind as before, only this time it was awake," he continues as his eyes lose focus, his mind returning to the dream. "I was in a place I have never been before, yet it felt familiar," he says with a shake of his head. "There were two other people with him, one I don't know," he says distantly, "The other looked like a Weasley, but much different than any Weasley I know," he says trying to explain everything that he knows. "One was a girl, about thirteen, fourteen even, long bushy brown hair. She was looking at me, or him, in concern, the care clear. So was the red head, but not as caringly," Remus says with a gently chuckle. "Their names are Ron, the red head, Hermione, the girl, and the mind I was in, was," he pauses and then shrugs softly, "Harry," he finishes. "Only," he says before anyone can say anything, "A Harry I have never met before, he wasn't mean or rude, or even trying to prank anyone, he was concerned for his friend's safety. He wanted them protected, to stay away from the fight," he drifts off and then looks over at Lily and James, "Hermione got mad at him and called him Harry James Potter," he says. "I don't understand what is going on, why am I dreaming of a place that is so cruel it sends children off to fight a war," he cries out, the pain clearing his eyes.

Shaking his head free of the memories, Remus recalls that he has told the rest of the Marauders of the dreams he has had and what he knows of the world he sees there. They have talked about it at great lengths, but ended up with the conclusion it was a dream, but not just any dream, a dream of another world. What he hasn't told them is that they were true and that Evan is Harry. Remus sure as anything hasn't confirmed Destiny's stories, then again he hasn't lied to them either.

"Why do I think there's a hidden message in there somewhere," Sirius says as he eyes his friend shrewdly.

"Because there is," Remus admits easily. "I promised Evan I wouldn't tell you the location of his home or what he refers to it as, but I'm hesitant to give more information about him. I know it is difficult to gain Evan's trust and once you do it is a gift, I'm just afraid that I might lose his trust if I tell you too much," he explains honestly, his eyes shifting from James to Sirius as he speaks, letting them know he doesn't mean anything by not telling them.

Silence envelopes the room as everyone stares at Remus with open curiosity, the need to know about this boy almost overwhelming. However, no one there can find fault with Remus for not wanting to share too much information, for they know they wish they were able to know even half as much about this boy. Though they know this, it doesn't mean they aren't envious of Remus and are reluctant to understand that they don't really want to push Remus about it too much in fear of alienating him and what he knows. "The question now," Minerva finally says once she is able to get her curiosity under control. "Is, what to do about William and the devices," she says trying to change the subject, trying to ease the tension that had grown within the room.

"Right," James agrees with a nod in an act of remarkable maturity understanding the tact of his former professor. "We can't have him in the building when we look for the devices and we need to find them quickly," he deduces.

"Did Evan say when, the devices are going to be activated," Albus asks after a moment as his eyes drop back down to the parchment in his hands. "We can't handle an explosion within the walls of this school, she is strong yes, but such devastation would cause her to fall and would kill everyone within a hundred meters or more, Hogsmeade would go as well," he says explaining the seriousness to Minerva and causing the consequences to hit home for the other three.

"No," Remus says softly, just now realizing just how much Evan is helping them and how much devastation would have occurred had Evan not acted as he did.

"So we best get this over with," Minerva agrees her face pale with shock, her eyes taking in the calculating look in Albus's eyes.

"It seems we better," Albus agrees with a soft nod and a far away look in his eyes.

"How exactly do you want to do this," Sirius asks reverting to his Auror roll, professional and exact to a tee.

Suddenly, Albus Dumbledore stands up from his chair and stormed out of his office and flew down the stairs with a speed and agility that belied his one hundred plus years. It takes the remaining four a few seconds to realize they are now alone before they take off to follow him, to wherever it is he is heading. They all arrive at the bathroom commonly known to be haunted by a teenage girl's ghost, a little breathless. Albus pushes open the door and enters, the rest follow numbly, though they have enough presence of mind to allow Minerva to enter first, given she is a female, only to be closely followed by both Sirius and James leaving Remus to bring up the rear. "How dare you enter here, this is a girls bathroom," a shrilly voice shouts out as she floats her way over to them.

Albus looks the ghost over, a look of contemplation on his aged face, a bright twinkle in his telling eyes.

With a squeal of happiness Myrtle smiles at her guests, something she hasn't had a lot of and when she does it seems they want to be mean to her. "Professor Dumbledore," she greets slowly, almost curiously.

"I have a few questions to ask you," Albus says kindly to the ghost before him.

"About what," Myrtle asks snobbishly.

"Concerning how you died," Albus says taking in the suddenly excited look on her ghostly face, "And," he says causing the smile on Myrtle's face to drop slightly, "If there's been anything similar since then," he questions softly.

"How I died," Myrtle repeats with a pleased smile. "As a matter of fact it happened when I was using this very stall," she says repeating what she knows the Professor has known for many years. He was after all one of the Professor who dealt with her passing. "I heard a boy's voice," she says starting to get angry over things that happened over fifty years before. "He was hissing something," she continues as her anger becomes very apparent to those listening, although she is angry her audience can tell she is pleased to be able to tell her story once again, to be the center of attention. "I came out of the stall to tell him off," she says, her voice going flat as she starts to get bored with telling this once again. "All I saw where these bright yellow eyes," she explains and then shrugs, "Then I died," she finishes with a yawn.

"Has this ever happened again," Albus asks softly yet encouragingly knowing about Myrtle's fragile and very volatile emotions.

"Yes," Myrtle says with a nod, "A while ago that red headed girl would come in here and make the same hissing sound as that boy," she answers, "She seemed to be in a trance," she says with a shrug.

All of them look to each other in amazement as each of the pieces that had eluded them over the years are starting to fall into place so easily, and to think, all they really had to do, was pay attention to their surroundings. All they had to do was ask Myrtle if she had seen Ginny and what happened when she had. "Has there been anything recently," Minerva asks.

"Why yes," Myrtle harrumphs, "A Professor came in just yesterday, he was very rude if you ask me," she says as if trying to make a complaint against the man.

"Myrtle," Remus says softly trying to stave off an emotional outburst from the ghost. "Has anyone ever asked you about this before," he asks.

"Why yes," Myrtle says to them all with a wide smile. "A nice boy he is,' then the smile fades just as quickly as it appeared, "His mirror is rude," she growls angrily.

"Mirror," James blinks.

Remus smiles at their reaction, a look of satisfaction crossing his face before he quickly wipes it off and proceeds to ignore the others in the room. "When did he ask this," Remus asks causing the others to look at him quickly, the only question in their mind is what this mirror bit is and yet here is Remus not even bothering with learning more about it. It seems as though he seems to know more than he should about this.

"When his Ginny was taken," Myrtle answers honestly looking directly at Remus. "He went down there to save his friend's sister, to save his Ginny," she explains as she tries to recall if she ever seen a Ginny in this world. She knows the one who went down to the Chamber before was similar and all, but she never did speak with the girl.

"I thought only a Parseltongue could enter the Chamber," Sirius asks this trying to understand what Evan said, Sirius that Evan spoke only facts but he also knows how rare Parseltongues are. The last known Parseltongue know to exist was Salazar Slytherin himself and that was centuries ago.

"He is one," Myrtle responds as if it is the most obvious thing in the world and they must be crazy not to have known it before. "Though not by his own means," she says patronizingly, realizing these fools don't really know and yet at the same time loving the fact someone would come and talk with her rather than taunt her. "He is The-Boy-Who-Lived after all," she says as though this is common knowledge.

"The-Boy-Who-Lived," Sirius repeats in question, utterly confused by the title.

"Why yes," Myrtle says not realizing the confusion she is causing or just not caring.

"Who is this boy," Minerva asks hoping to get an answer.

"Harry Potter of course, everyone knows that," Myrtle says with a mischievous smile as she remembers seeing him in the Prefect's bathroom in his fourth year.

"M…M…my," James stutters and swallows roughly, "S…s…son," he questions blinking a couple of times in shock, as though blinking would help to wake him up and reality would be much different than the dream he seems to have found himself in.

"Not the mirror," Myrtle corrects exasperatingly with a look of distain thrown in James's way.

"Mirror," Albus asks confused, up to now the pieces had been placed neatly in the puzzle that is Evan Knight, at least in his mind, but this new information throws him for a loop.

"The one you all know is rude and arrogant, but my Harry is kind and caring," Myrtle says with a dreamy look about her ghostly figure. "He comes and talks to me," she continues oblivious to their stunned looks. "He rescued his Ginny by risking his own life and fighting the monster in the Chamber, he fought against dragons, mermaids, and then was stolen about from the maze, he face He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named many times even right here in this very Chamber," she says pointing towards the sinks behind her visitors.

"Mirror," James whispers softly, the confusion still evident in his wide eyes.

"Alternate Universe," Remus says with wide eyes as the reality completely sinks in, all that Evan has gone through where he is really from.

"All us ghosts are assigned with protecting Harry Potter," Myrtle says to them. "He's such a kind boy. I can't wait to see him again," she whispers, and before they can ask her meaning she takes a dive into the u-bend of the toilet, causing a huge splash of water to come flying out at the quickly retreating visitors.

Sirius turns to look at Remus, "Alternate Universe," he says in question.

Remus shrugs, "Mirror," he repeats in answer with a small shake of his head.

"Her Harry is kind, caring, nice," James repeats in a stunned daze.

Albus stands there looking at the place where Myrtle had been just a few short moments before. He blinks as he realizes he's still far from finding any answers to his questions. If anything this little trip has only added to them.

"You have to admit James," Minerva says after a moment, "Myrtle is right about our Harry," she pauses as she tries to find some kind words to say, just now realizing she had actually said that aloud.

"Just about anything would be an improvement," James finishes her unsaid thoughts with a resigned sigh. "Yeah I know," he admits. He inhales deeply, "And I am forced to agree that at this point almost anything would be an improvement," he says sadly.

Sirius looks at his brother knowingly, "This subject is brought up quite often," he whispers softly. So often in fact, no one wants to be around when it does come up. For lately it's gotten to be a really loud discussion. James and Lily have tried all they can to help Harry, but Harry just doesn't seem to care about what they say or do, in truth he doesn't care about his own family or the consequences of his own actions. He picks on his brother and sister all the time and talks back to his parents. He ridicules Remus for his condition and he has even stopped listening to Sirius. They all know something needs to be done; he needs to understand life isn't all fun and games or it will be too late. For what Sirius hopes never has to find out. Unfortunately Ron, his best friend, is the same way.

An uncomfortable silence fills the room and then when Minerva looks over at Remus for a moment, "Are you suggesting other worlds," she asks disbelievingly remembering what he said about Alternate Universes earlier.

Remus looks at her for a moment then around the room and finally coming to rest on her, "All I'm saying is, why not," he counters.

"Why not indeed," Albus agrees softly as they slowly make their way out of the girl's bathroom and back to the Headmaster's office in silence, each with a deep look of contemplation on his or her face. The events from the bathroom fresh in their minds and no answers are forthcoming to them.

Once in the safety of the office, Minerva turns to Albus, "Albus you can't be serious," she sputters as though the things he just said had finally penetrated her mind.

"Of course he's not, I am," Sirius calls out and then looks down after everyone glares at him. "What," he asks defensively, "I couldn't pass it up," he admits.

"Albus," Minerva continues as she throws a glance over at Sirius to stop him from commenting. "Are you trying to say we have a visitor from another times," she asks in disbelief.

"Of course not," Albus says comfortingly. "Just an alternate reality, the time should be relatively the same," he says with a twinkle in his eyes.

"You're impossible you know that right," Minerva says shaking her head as she remembers all the times in the past when she had to listen to some far fetched idea Albus conjures up and no evidence to prove them.

"Are you saying it's happened already," James asks in awe his muddled brain trying to process the chance of meeting this other Harry, this nice, kind, and caring Harry.

"No, no," Albus says, "I'm just saying not to rule out the possibility," he clarifies for them.

Remus can see the wheels of thought working behind the aged Headmaster's eyes, and wanting to keep the truth from him, from them as long as possible he decides to make a joke of it. "You're encouraging them," Remus says conspiringly, trying not to give away what he knows is truth.

"Woooh, for a minute there I was worrying I'd have to go and tell Destiny that her friend, her 'ghost' is here. I know I'd never hear the end of it if her Ghost were able to cross from wherever it is he comes from to our world," James says with a roll of his eyes.

"That wouldn't be too bad," Sirius says.

"No," James agrees, "I guess it wouldn't be," he admits. "I have to admit to owing Ghost a lot for the times he has saved not only Destiny's live but all of ours at some point over the last seven years," he says with a soft nod of his head. Though James isn't sure what to believe about an Alternate Harry, he does know that he believes in Ghost, even if he has never seen him. "I still don't know if I can easily believe some other reality exists," he says. "Ghost I can handle, for all I know he died years ago," he tires to explain and then shrugs, "But another world," he says disbelievingly, shaking his head.

"I know what you mean," Sirius says in agreement. "A whole other world, I mean think of the possibilities. Who would have married who, who would be alive and doing what. I don't think I can handle trying to picture my life different than what it is now," he admits honestly and then shrugs still unable to fully understand the concept.

Remus smiles softly at them, "I however," he says trying to sound as though the idea has just come to mind. "Have been having odd dreams, so the thought isn't new to me," he explains and then lifts his eyebrows in question, "How about you Professor McGonagall," he asks with a mischievous look in his brown eyes.

"Impossible," Minerva answers with a shake of her head. "Just as Divination is impossible," she says placing emphases on this last part. Everyone there knows of her dislike of the wooly subject.

"I believe it is more than just possible," Albus says softly knowing he was going to be asked next. "I have done some studying on the matter," he says and then with a wave of his hand he closes the subject for now. "I should think the four of you should at least attempt to get some rest tonight," he says as he looks down at his pocket watch. "As should I, I think," he says with a soft but noticeable yawn.

"Good night Professors," Remus says as he pulls on the sleeves of Sirius's and James's shirt.

"Good night Albus," Minerva yawns as she follows the former Gryffindor students.

"Good night all," Albus responds with a soft smile of remembrance of better days. Looking down at his watch once again, "Perhaps it is time to check up on that Dimension spell I had started those many years ago," he says distantly, his mind returning to the matter that has been plaguing him off and on for the passed month or so, Evan Knight.