Unofficial Portkey Archive

Ron & Luna: A Musicology by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

RowlingIdol

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

By Lauren G.

Author's Note: This is my Ron/Luna pairing. This story is a musicology, not a song fic. A musicology is a story where the chapters are based on songs, and the song lyrics are worded into character dialogue. `Ron & Luna: A Musicology' is also posted on `fanfiction.net'. I will gradually add the other 12 chapters to this story as time goes on, or… until I get reviews of people wanting more.

Chapter 1: Meet Luna

Ron's Point of View:

It had been just a little over 2 weeks since Ron's chaotic 5th year had ended. All the Weasley's were expecting to hear from Harry soon about coming for a visit. But for now, Ron took to practicing Quidditch in the pitch in the backyard. Fred and George would take time from the joke shop to join in, but otherwise than that, so far he was bored out of his mind. He was awakened up in the early morning by the sounds of his mother scrambling around the kitchen. Her cleaning schedule was very brisk this morning. Ron tumbled into the kitchen, rubbing sleepers out of his eyes. His mother gasped.

"Ron! What in the world do you think you're doing dressed like that!" Mrs. Weasley said sternly. She waved her wand and several cooking pots zipped into the cabinets below the sink.

"I just woke up mum!" Ron complained.

"Well, Ginny is in the bathroom and Fred and George are de-gnoming the garden. You can clean the front room while you wait to take a shower."

"But mum!!! Breakfast!" Ron whined. "I want food! Not chores!"

"You will clean the front room Ron! Now be quick and do a good job! I want everything to be right when Luna arrives." Ron stopped in his shuffled steps and turned around.

"Luna? Loo- I mean Luna Lovegood? Visiting? Isn't she supposed to be in Sweden?" Ron ran a hand through his tousled bed hair.

"Apparently not. Ginny's the only person she really knows that could house her while her Dad goes to Sweden. Ginny told me last week. So Luna will be staying here for a while and-"

"Wait, what about Harry?" Ron asked.

"Oh he'll be arriving next week or so. Anyways, you be nice to Luna! Now clean the front room!" Ron sighed and trudged into the front room to clean up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The summer heat warmed the Weasley's house to a stuffy 90 degrees. Ron looked longingly out at the makeshift Quidditch pitch in the backyard. He itched to don a pair of shorts and to practice with Fred and George. But he had to wait with the rest of his family for Luna by the fireplace. She was coming by way of Floo powder. Mrs. Weasley nervously wrung her hands. She liked having guests, but never someone as... Unique as Luna had ever visited. Suddenly, the green flames in the fireplace crackled, and with a pop, Luna appeared. She stepped out of the fireplace and stamped her feet on the rug to shake off soot. She had a lumpy carpetbag in hand and her wand stuck behind her left ear in her vibrant blonde hair.

"Welcome dear! Fred! George! Take Luna's things to Percy's room." Mrs. Weasley rushed forward and ushered Luna into a chair. Luna smiled politely.

"Thanks so much, Mrs. Weasley. It's a real disappointment I have to miss out on Sweden, but Ginny says we'll have fun here." Luna looked at Ginny. Ginny smiled back. Ron had the urge to roll his eyes. A girl's version of fun was looking at hot Muggle boys on the covers of Muggle magazines and discussing fashion tips.

"Let's go to your room and get you fixed up. Then I want to show you my magazines." Ginny said, pulling on Luna's hand. As Luna was dragged from the kitchen, she took up her trademark blank stare and looked right at Ron. He stared back as always, just as blank. Luna tinted pink and hurried up the stairs after Ginny.

"Can I go now mum?" Ron asked. Mrs. Weasley nodded and started with lunch. Ron ran upstairs to his room, not looking in Percy's room. He kept going until he reached his room. He shut his door with his foot and locked it. He took off his knit pants and threw on a pair of Muggle shorts and zoomed out of his room to head to the Quidditch pitch. Once downstairs, he ran to get his broom that was propped up against the side of the house. He headed off to the pitch and started flying around. He zoomed down and picked up several bruised, rotting apples off of the ground and tossed them up in the air, one by one. He flew around and practiced catching them. He went at this for about 20 or so minutes. Then SHE came out. Ron ignored her. But then she came out closer, directly into the Quidditch pitch. She looked up at him. Ron looked down.

"Your mother says its time for lunch." Luna said. Ron flew down and landed next to her.

"Uh... Thanks." He said. There was a silence. Luna didn't go inside. Ron got a good look at her. Without her school robes, she actually had a nice figure.

`Wait, why am I thinking that?' Ron thought to himself. He shouldered his broom and rushed back to the house. Luna followed.

"Why do you hate me?" Luna suddenly asked. Ron stopped. He turned.

"Why do you think that?" He asked.

"Because Ginny told me you were mad I was going to be staying here. And that you use Loony Lovegood behind my back." Luna was very straightforward.

"I don't hate you. Its just Harry will be here visiting." Ron quickly said. He turned back around and went into the house. Ron avoided eye contact with Luna at lunch while they had ham and cheese sandwiches. Luna still stared at him though.

Luna's Point of View: `God, why me?' Luna thought. `Why did you have to make plane tickets so damn expensive? And mystical creature trappings so expensive? God, why do I have to be stuck in a humid house with one of the few hottest guys in school?'

"Luna, dear? More milk?" Mrs. Weasley interrupted her thoughts. She suddenly realized she had been staring again. And at Ron. He tore his sandwich fiercely with his teeth and chewed hurriedly.

"Yes please." Luna said. She looked back at Ron. There was a piece of lettuce dangling slightly from his lower lip. Those wonderfully kissable lips...

`Stop it!' Luna thought. She took the wand out of her hair and placed it behind her left ear this time. She tugged at a piece of her hair and then at her skirt. Luna averted her eyes and kept her thoughts on what her Dad might be doing at the moment in Sweden. She finished her sandwich.

"Come on Luna." Ginny said. Luna picked up her plate and put it in the sink and followed Ginny up the stairs.

"Let's go to my room." Ginny said. So they did and they sat on Ginny's pink sheeted bed.

"This is Rupert Grint. Isn't he cute?" Ginny sighed. Luna stared at the picture.

"He looks like Ron." She said. Ginny held up the magazine.

"Ew. I guess he kinda does." Ginny turned the page.

"I brought the Quibbler." Luna stated. Ginny looked at her.

"We can look at this later. Want to try on clothes?" Ginny asked. Luna looked confused.

"Why do we want to do that?" she asked.

"Well... For fun! Lots of Muggle teens do things like that. I read it in Teen."

"Maybe later." Luna said. "Where's your bathroom?"

"Down the hall." Ginny said. Luna left the room and headed to the bathroom. The door was slightly ajar. Luna could see a random assortment of towels sitting on a shelf unit. Luna poked the door open.

"What?" said a voice. Luna jumped back. Ron was in there, and he opened the door. He had a washcloth in his hand, covered with specks of dirt.

"I... Wanted to use the restroom." Luna said, tinting once again.

"Duh." Ron said. "Just a sec." Ron turned back to the mirror and scrubbed at his face a couple more times to wash the dirt away from his Quidditch practice earlier. Luna just watched. Her eyes drifted downward to his strong bared legs. She blushed and looked away. Ron wrung out his washcloth and tossed it on the shelf.

"It's all yours." Ron said. Luna didn't reply. She was starting to stare again.

"I said its all yours." He said again.

"What is?" she blankly asked. Ron sighed.

"The bathroom! To use! Everything in it! Geez." He walked out of the bathroom.

`Well... not everything that was in the bathroom is all mine.' Luna thought to herself as she walked into the bathroom and closed the door. She turned and looked at herself in the mirror. The blonde hair was tangled severely. She looked lame in her skirt and wrinkled shirt. She glanced on the counter and saw Ginny's makeup piled here and there. Looking at herself again, she thought:

`Maybe this won't be so bad'.

--------------------------*

Meet Virginia By Train

She doesn't own a dress, her hair is always a mess

If you catch her stealing, she won't confess

She's beautiful

She smokes a pack a day, oh wait, that's me but anyway

She doesn't care a thing about that, hey,

She thinks I'm beautiful

Meet Virginia

She never compromises, loves babies and surprises

Wears high-heels when she exercises

Ain't that beautiful

Meet Virginia

Well she wants to be the Queen

Then she thinks about her scene

Pulls her hair back as she screams

I don't really wanna be the queen

Her daddy wrestles alligators, Mama works on carburetors

Her brother is a fine mediator for the President

Well here she is again on the phone

Just like me hates to be alone

We just like to sit at home, and rip on the President

Meet Virginia

Well she wants to live her life

Then she thinks about her life

Pulls her hair back as she screams

I don't really wanna live this life

She only drinks coffee at Midnight, when the moment is not

right, her timing is quite-unusual

you see her confidence is tragic, but her intuition magic

and the shape of her body - unusual

Meet Virginia-I can't wait to

Meet Virginia-Yea

Author's Note: This part is kind of lame, but its an intro. The story will get much better, I promise.


-->