Unofficial Portkey Archive

Ron & Luna: A Musicology by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

RowlingIdol

Ron & Luna: A Musicology
By Lauren G.

Chapter 11: Accidentally In Love


Author's Note: Hey ya'll. I thought this would be something like… Chapter 12, but I couldn't wait and I didn't have any other songs in mind that would fit in-between, or could. Everything else comes AFTER this song I guess. So here goes!

Ron's P.O.V.:

Ron walked back to the house with Luna, staggering slightly from possible head trauma. He wiped absentmindedly at is ears, feeling for any possible blood drainage. Luna, however, skipped back towards the light that was the lamp hanging outside the Weasley's back door. Luna opened the bottom door and crouched down and slinked under the closed top door. Ron, still woozy, smacked right into the top portion.

"Ow! My nose!" Ron said, stepping back and clutching his nose. It throbbed immensely.

"Oooooh, Ron! Are you okay?" Luna gasped and hurriedly like a hunchback under the door to get to Ron, now sitting on the damp ground.

"My nose! I think it's broken!" Ron said. Luna gently pulled Ron's hands away from his face and peered nose to nose with him.

"It's not broken."

"It bloody feels like it is!" He screeched.

"It's not broken." Luna repeated. She then quickly kissed his freckled sore nose and the pain began to subside. Ron just sat and stared up at her. Luna giggled and pulled Ron to his gangly feet. This time, she opened the top door and let Ron in ahead of her. He rubbed his nose, feeling for any possible bumps. With a shrug, he went to his room.

Luna's P.O.V.:

Luna woke up the next morning and stretched. She could hear clamoring about downstairs. She looked at the clock. It was slightly after 11 o' clock. She grabbed her tattered plaid robe and went downstairs. It was a bright Sunday morning.

"Good morning." She announced when she entered the kitchen. Everyone responded with a hello. Harry, whose hair was always tousled, looked messier than before. Hermione was also wearing her robe and Ginny still wasn't down.

"We're going to have a cookout tonight, Luna. Would you like to help me and the girls?" Mrs. Weasley announced to Luna.

"That would be nice." Luna said. She looked at Ron, who sat across from her, buttering toast. Ron looked up.

"Your hair…." He said. He blinked. Luna just stared at him.

"What about my hair?" She asked.

"It looks like it used to." He said. Harry and Hermione stared at Luna.

"Yes….. I just woke up. And besides, I don't have to make myself up all the time." She reached over and stole one of Ron's toast slices.

Ron's P.O.V.:

As he watched her eat HIS toast, it occurred to him that even BEFORE Ginny's beautician excursion, he had liked Luna. It wasn't the makeover at all, well, it helped a little. It had proved to him that she really was a beautiful person under all that mystery. Was he really in love? If he was, it was all just a wonderful accident.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, everyone ate out. Even Fred and George stopped back to enjoy fried chicken and potato dumplings. Mrs. Weasley surprised them with a dessert of homemade strawberry ice cream. As the sky turned from dusk to evening, the stars glittered in the sky. The candles on the tables outside flickered. Fred and George had taken to enchanted table surfing while Mrs. Weasley washed the dishes and hummed to the Wireless Wizard Network. Harry and Hermione and Ginny played a game of exploding snap around an old wooden soap box. Ron and Luna were off to the side by the lake, all the noise behind them. Luna was lying on her back and staring at the stars, with her bowl of strawberry ice cream balancing on her stomach.

"Do you not like my hair?" Luna asked Ron. He shook his head.

"No. I like your hair." He said.

"Do you like me when I'm all made up?" She said, turning her head towards him.

"Yes… but I like you when you're not all made up too…. Just… so you know." Ron quickly added. Luna smiled.

"Do you like me?" She asked. Ron just sat still. He did not answer. Luna sat up and clutched her bowl.

"Ron?" She asked, sounding a little concerned. Did he like her? Ron Weasley and Loony Luna Lovegood. Lovegood… Yes, love WAS good.

"What's the problem, baby?" Luna asked, sounding on the verge of crying.

"What's the problem? I don't know." Ron answered. "I don't like you… I think that I'm… Well, that maybe I'm in love. I think about it every time I think about you. I can't stop thinking about it. How much longer will it take to figure out? Just to make sure its real because I can't ignore it if it's love. It makes me want to turn around and face me but… I… I don't know nothing about love." Ron finished breathy. Luna sniffled. She set her bowl of ice cream on the grass and stood up.

"Stand up." She told Ron.

"What for?" He asked as he stood. Luna stretched out her arms and began to spin.

"Come on!" Luna laughed to Ron. He awkwardly stuck out his arms and began to turn around."

"Turn a little faster!" Luna cried out. "Come on, come on! The world will follow after! Come on, come on!"

"What do you mean?" Ron asked, feeling dizzy.

"'Cause everybody's after love!" Luna finished, falling back on the ground and staring back at the house at Ron's best two friends. Ron stopped spinning and looked back too. He could see Harry and Hermione looking and smiling at each other. The way they looked reminded him of how Luna sometimes looked at him. He sighed and sat down.

"Seems like it." He answered. Luna rolled over and stuck a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth. She licked the spoon.

"Tell me more about how you think you love me." Luna said.

"Well…" Ron rubbed at his ears. "I'm a snowball running. Running down into the spring that's coming out of all this love. Melting under blue skies, belting out sunlight…"

"Shimmering love!" Luna sighed dreamily. Ron leaned back on his elbows and looked at Luna who was scooping up the remains of her dessert.

'Well baby I surrender to the strawberry ice cream. I never ever want to end of all this love.' He thought to himself.

"So are you in love with me?" Luna chirped, dropping her spoon back in the bowl with a clatter.

"I didn't mean to be. But there's no escaping your love." Was all Ron replied. All of the sudden, there was a loud clap of thunder and a steady stream of rain began to fall. Ginny squealed and raced into the house. Fred and George hurriedly magicked the tables back into the house. Harry and Hermione rounded up the playing cards and hurried into the house. A bolt of lightning came down in the distance. Ron and Luna stared out at it, the rain beating down on them.

"You see those?" Luna asked.

"Yes." Ron said, wiping his face.

"These lines of lightning mean we're never alone." She said.

"Never alone?"

"No." Luna replied happily.

"No…" Ron repeated.

~Inside the house~

"Where's Ronald?" Mrs. Weasley said, handing her children oodles of towels.

"I think he and Luna are still outside." Harry said. Mr. Weasley intently peered out the window.

"Well, they better not pull any `stunts'." He said. Mrs. Weasley tutted and shooed him away from the window.

~Back outside~

Luna and Ron stood next to each other, watching the rain pour down around them. She reached down and took a hold of Ron's hand. She tugged at it.

"Come on, come on. Move a little closer." She said. Ron stepped closer to her. Luna giggled.


"Not like that. Come on, come on. I want to hear you whisper." She said. She pulled at Ron so he was at ear level.

"What do you want to hear?" Ron whispered. Luna cupped her hands and put them around Ron's ear. She whispered and giggled a phrase in his ear. Ron went red and glowed. The raindrops on his face could have evaporated, his face felt so warm.

"Come on, come on!" Pleaded Luna. Ron sighed then cupped his hands around her ear and whispered-


"Settle down inside my love."

Luna giggled and blushed. Ron had to smile. It was the best summer storm ever. Luna ran down to the large pond and stopped. She then jumped up and her feet splashed down into a puddle of rain water and mud.

"Come on, come on!" She called to Ron who needed no encouragement. He was having the time of his life.


"I bet… You're glad… You got… A lot… Off your chest." Luna said in between breaths and jumps.

"Yes." Ron said, splashing Luna with his large stomps in the puddle.

"Jump a little higher! Come on, come on! If you feel a little lighter, then
come on, come on!" Luna said to Ron, splashing him back with almost equally hard stomps. Ron laughed loudly and stomped hard with both feet, sending a wave of cold water over their feet.

"Do you know what I think?" Luna asked Ron, shaking her dirty sneakers.

"What?" Ron asked, wiping the bottoms of his shoes on the grass.

"That we were once upon a time in love." She answered, grinning up at him.

"No." Ron corrected her, "We're accidentally in love." Luna grinned wider and gave

Ron a wet hug. As they hugged, Ron leaned his chin against her wet blonde hair.

"I'm in love." He said to her.

"I'm in love." She said.


"I'M in love" He said with emphasis

"I'M in love." Luna mimicked with a chuckle.


"I'M IN LOVE!" Ron shouted to the sky

"I'M IN LOVE!" Luna repeated, squeezing Ron tighter to her. Ron pulled away and took Luna by the shoulders. He leaned down and kissed her.

'Love ...' Ron thought happily. `I'm in love.'

Accidentally In Love

By The Counting Crows (as heard on Shrek 2)

So she said what's the problem baby
What's the problem I don't know
Well maybe I'm in love (love)
Think about it every time
I think about it
Can't stop thinking 'bout it

How much longer will it take to cure this
Just to cure it cause I can't ignore it if it's love (love)
Makes me wanna turn around and face me but I don't know nothing 'bout love

Come on, come on
Turn a little faster
Come on, come on
The world will follow after
Come on, come on
Cause everybody's after love

So I said I'm a snowball running
Running down into the spring that's coming all this love
Melting under blue skies
Belting out sunlight
Shimmering love

Well baby I surrender
To the strawberry ice cream
Never ever end of all this love
Well I didn't mean to do it
But there's no escaping your love

These lines of lightning
Mean we're never alone,
Never alone, no, no

Come on, Come on
Move a little closer
Come on, Come on
I want to hear you whisper
Come on, Come on
Settle down inside my love

Come on, come on
Jump a little higher
Come on, come on
If you feel a little lighter
Come on, come on
We were once
Upon a time in love

We're accidentally in love
Accidentally in love [x7]

Accidentally

I'm In Love, I'm in Love,
I'm in Love, I'm in Love,
I'm in Love, I'm in Love,
Accidentally [x2]

Come on, come on
Spin a little tighter
Come on, come on
And the world's a little brighter
Come on, come on
Just get yourself inside her

Love ...I'm in love

Author's Note: Don't you just LOOOOOOVE this song? Well, it matches perfectly, don't you think? Okay okay, so I made a couple of alterations, but it makes it more understandable. I hope all these chapters will make up for the long wait. More to come soon. And is the magical radio station the Wireless Wizard Network or the Wizard Wireless Network? Any one know? Book 5 isn't here with my now. Please review!!! No trash, recycle! :P


-->