Unofficial Portkey Archive

Ron & Luna: A Musicology by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

RowlingIdol

Ron & Luna: A Musicology
By Lauren G.

Chapter 10: Hanging By A Moment


Author's Note: Hello everybody and Happy New Years. This year my new years resolution is to figure out what I really want to go into as far as a future career and to update/write fan fics. Here's the first. Hope you enjoy

Luna's P.O.V. She and Ron put back the brooms and stood shuffling their feet, avoiding eye contact.

"Well… Thanks… Again." She said. She could tell Ron was blushing.

"You're welcome….. What do you want to do now?" He asked, finally looking at her.

"I don't know." She replied. "I kind of feel we should hang with the others a little bit since… Well, we really haven't. But-"

"They'll bombard us with questions, I know." Ron answered. He sighed. "I think you're right. Want to… Want to um…. Hang out later?" He managed to squeak. Luna nodded, turned, and walked into the house.

Ron's P.O.V. Ron watched Luna walk into the house, the bottom half of the door swinging shut behind her. He realized that he had been neglecting his friends and his family because of her, letting go of all he had to hold onto. Was this the change he had been so desperate before? With the little flame of romance growing stronger between Harry and Hermione, he felt he needed to get out and find someone else. Could this really be happening? Was he really falling for Luna? He hungered for the truth.

"Yo Ron!" shouted Harry, jolting Ron from his thoughts.

"Yeah?" Ron called back. Harry trotted down the rest of the stairs and into the kitchen. He climbed over the bottom half of the door.

"Let's play some Quidditch, kay?"

"Promise you won't badger me?" Ron said, grabbing for his broom.

"Not too much." Harry said. Ron grinned at his friend. They shouldered their brooms and headed back to the pitch.

"So… How was it?" Harry said, rocketing into the air and circling Ron like a vulture.

"Fine." Ron said, zipping towards the trees to grab a couple of apples. "We went to dinner and a movie and then we looked at the stars." He tossed one to Harry, who bit into it.

"You know there are probably Chizpurfles in that." Ron said, matter o' factly. Harry just stared at him for a moment, before grinning and throwing the apple to the ground.

"What?" Ron said.

"For a moment there, that sounded very Luna-ish. Come on Ron, you should know Chizpurfles are mostly found in cauldrons."

"Well… Still…" Ron said, his ears going pink. "You shouldn't eat one of those things. You don't know where its been."

"Now THAT sounded like your mum!" Harry laughed.

Luna's P.O.V. Luna combed her hair in the comfort of Percy's room. Ginny and Hermione suddenly burst in.

"Spill it!" Ginny squealed, jumping onto the bed.

"Spill what?" Luna asked.

"About your date!" Hermione gushed. "It's about time Ron had a REAL date. Hopefully it wasn't such a flop as the Yule Ball."

"It was quite nice. We went to dinner and a movie and looked at the stars."

"That's it?" Ginny said, sounding disappointed. "I guess I should have guessed Ron would have been a lousy date in the first place."

"He's not a lousy date. He was a gentleman, a nervous one, but a gentleman all the same. He even held my hand and-"

"Okay! I do NOT want to hear one of my friends talking about how romantic my goofy brother is." Ginny interrupted. Luna just smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that evening, after dinner, Luna went upstairs to wash her hands in the washroom. Just as she was drying her hands on one of the worn gray towels, there was a knock on the door. Luna opened it. It was Ron.

"Hello. I was just leaving." She said.

"Okay…" Ron said, staring at her. She just stared back, her blue eyes sparkling with mystery.

`I think I'm falling in love with you'. Ron thought.

"Um… Can you let me through?" she asked, smiling at the blank look on Ron's face.

"I… I… I'm uh…. I'm standing here until… until you make me move." Was all Ron replied. Luna cocked her head to the side and pushed Ron aside like one would open a slightly ajar door. She slinked down the stairs and out of sight.

Ron's P.O.V. Ginny had locked herself away in her room to write some more letters to her friend, and Hermione had stolen Harry away for more studying. Harry looked positively bored as Hermione lectured him on how learning how to transfigure himself into a candle was a good defense. Ron tapped on the door to Luna's room. The door lazily swung open and revealed and empty room. Through the window, Ron could see reflected in the summer moonlight, was a figure outside.

Ron headed outside and out to the tree he had previously hid behind the fateful day when he thought Luna was drowning in the large pond. He looked up into the tree.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Listening for Jobberknolls." Said a floaty voice. There was a rustle of leaves and Luna swung herself down from a branch in the tree and hung off of the branch by her knees, upside down, like a bat.

"Riiiight." Ron said. "Can I come up?"

"It would be my pleasure." Luna said, smiling at him upside down. Ron grasped the trunk of the tree and began to heft himself up high into the tree. He reached the branch Luna was still hanging upside down from.

"Isn't the blood rushing to your head?" He asked.

"Yes. But it will just pour out my ears. I can collect it later." Luna chirped. Ron stared at her. Luna suddenly laughed.

"Kidding." She said. Ron scooted on the branch, careful not to snag his jeans, and swung himself over the branch so they were hanging upside down next to each other.

"Hi." Ron said.

"Hi." Luna said. There was silence.

"Luna?" Ron asked. His head felt heavy with blood, his heart felt like it about to burst with feelings.

"Yes?"

"I think… I… I don't know…. That… I might be…. Might be…"

"Hanging by a moment here with me?" She questioned. Ron sighed and let the summer breeze ruffle his red locks as he hung upside down in the tree. Was it right to tell Luna he loved her? DID he really love her? He sighed again.

"Yes. I'm hanging by a moment here with you." He said.

Hanging By A Moment

By Lifehouse

Desperate for changing

Starving for truth

Closer where i Started

Chasing after you

i'm falling even more in love with you

letting go of all i've held onto

i'm standing here until you make me move

i'm hanging by a moment here with you

forgetting all i'm lacking

completely incomplete

i'll take your invitation

you take all of me

now.. i'm falling even more in love with you

letting go of all i've held onto

i'm standing here until you make me move

i'm hanging by a moment here with you

i'm living for the only thing i know

i'm running and not quite sure where to go

i don't know what i'm diving into

just hanging by a moment here with you

there's nothing else to lose

nothing left to find

there's nothing in the world

that could change my mind

there is nothing else

there is nothing else...

Desperate for changing

Starving for truth

Closer where i Started

Chasing after you

i'm falling even more in love with you

letting go of all i've held onto

i'm standing here until you make me move

i'm hanging by a moment here with you

i'm living for the only thing i know

i'm running and not quite sure where to go

i don't know what i'm diving into

just hanging by a moment here with you

just hanging by a moment

hanging by a moment..

hanging by a moment...

hanging by a moment here with you..

Author's Note: Hooray! I WAS going to have Ron tell Luna that he loved her (or DOES he?), but then that would mess up the `hanging by a moment here with you' part. And plus, I have more songs that I can use for when it's the right moment (or WILL there be one?). And if anyone needs references to any of the references of Magical Creatures that I used in this chapter, please refer to `Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them' by Newt Scamander (A Scholastic/Comic Relief book approx. $3.99 US or 14 sickles and 3 knuts). Please keep watching for updates. I am starting my second semester of college. Tuesdays and Thursdays are mostly free. Thanks for reading. Please review! No trash, recycle.


-->