Unofficial Portkey Archive

Ron & Luna: A Musicology by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

RowlingIdol

Ron Luna: A Musicology

By Lauren G.

Authors Note: My Windows XP Profile on my laptop got corrupted somehow, and I lost all my stories. Thankfully, they were already on the Internet, so I can easily go back and get them. So don't expect chapters for a while.

Chapter 13: And it was called, `Yellow'

Author's Note: I have waited FOREVER to write this! This is one of the 2 songs that inspired this entire story. Hope ya'll enjoy!

Ron's P.O.V. At the banquet in the Great Hall, he and Luna made eyes at each other from opposite sides of the room. He didn't even seem to realize that the sorting was over, and that food had appeared in front of him.

"Hey mate…. Mate? RON!" Harry said.

"Huh?" Ron said, turning his head towards his friend.

"Dinner's here. You gonna eat?" harry said, shoving half of a roll into his mouth.

"Of course!" Ron said. He started pilling food onto his plate and shoveling it in his mouth at top speed.

"What are you in a hurry for?" Hermione said, daintily eating her chicken.

"To see Luna." Ron answered quite well, through bulging cheeks.

"Come on. You guys made out like, the entire way back." Harry said, refilling his goblet of pumpkin juice.

"So?" Ron asked. Harry and Hermione just rolled their eyes.

"Done!" Ron said, throwing his hands up in some sort of victory. He still had food in his mouth and dessert hadn't even appeared yet.

"Have fun. Make sure you show up for class tomorrow. McGonagall will have your head if you don't." Harry called after him as Ron raced out of the Great Hall.

Luna's P.O.V. Ron had grabbed her as soon as she had emerged from the Great Hall.

"Ron!" She said, surprised.

"Come on, I have a surprise for you."

"You do?"

"Mm hmm!" He nodded happily. He took her hand was started to lead her off when that all too familiar voice (author's note: that SEXY voice) of Draco Malfoy spoke up behind them.

"Well well well. The circus has a new member! The Loony Luna-tic!" He and Crabbe and Goyle laughed. Draco stood there, laughing with his hands in his pockets, leaned back slightly in a devil may care pose.

"Good for you Weasel. She'll fit in right in home with you and your crazy parents. She's as low maintenance as you." He continued. Ron shook with anger and tried to let go of Luna's hand, but she held onto it tight.

"Shove off Malfoy." Luna said. "Or else."

"Oooooooooooooh." Malfoy and his cronies chorused sarcastically.

"Or else what?" Malfoy dared.

"Or would you like me to tell your `Boo Boo Bee' all about how you were mean to us?"

"Boo Boo Bee?" Ron, Crabbe, and Goyle all asked at the same time. Draco stared open mouthed at Luna, then closed it. It was easy to tell he was embarrassed and angry at the same time.

"Fine. Let's go guys." Malfoy said. He turned on his heel and stomped off, Crabbe and Goyle trailing behind.

"What was that about?" Ron asked Luna, who looked very pleased with herself.

"Oh nothing." She smiled.

"Nothing? That was `nothing'. That was… That was…. Hot." Ron said, then pulling her along with him up the nearest staircase.

Ron's P.O.V. He had taken Luna to the Room of Requirement. She was suspicious to why they were there.

"What's this about Ron?" She asked as she stepped into the room ahead of him. She had emerged into a starlit grassy field, with a sight of a full moon on the ceiling and the sounds and smells of the outdoors in the summertime.

"This is beautiful!" She said. She stopped in the middle of the room and twirled around.

"There's more." Ron said. He took out his wand and a small fire lit up in a pile of campfire logs that were on the ground next to two sitting logs. There was a guitar leaned up against one log.

"Oooh! Camping!" Luna squealed, sitting down on one of the logs.

"Not exactly." Ron said. He reached behind his sitting log and brought out a bouquet of yellow carnations.

"Yellow! My favorite color." Luna said dreamily, smelling the flowers. She smiled at Ron. "Will you tell me why we're here now?"

"Well…. I have a surprise. Just like I said." Ron said. He picked up the guitar. Luna's eyes glowed in the light of the fire.

He hesitated for a moment before starting to play a melody. Luna sat there, enjoying the tune and was surprised when Ron softly began to sing:

"Look at the stars,

Look how they shine for you,

And everything you do,

Yeah, they were all yellow.

I came along,

I wrote a song for you,

And all the things you do,

And it was called "Yellow."

So then I took my turn,

Oh what a thing to have done,

And it was all "Yellow."

Your skin

Oh yeah, your skin and bones,

Turn into something beautiful,

You know, you know I love you so,

You know I love you so.

I swam across,

I jumped in for you,

Oh what a thing to do.

`Cause you were all "Yellow,"

I drew a line,

I drew a line for you,

Oh what a thing to do,

And it was all "Yellow."

Your skin,

Oh yeah your skin and bones,

Turn into something beautiful,

And you know for you,

I'd bleed myself dry for you,

I'd bleed myself dry.

It's true, look how they shine for you,

Look how they shine for you,

Look how they shine for,

Look how they shine for you,

Look how they shine.

Look at the stars,

Look how they shine for you,

And all the things that you do."

Ron strummed the last few chords on the guitar and then set it down next to him. Luna was off in wonderland.

"Well?" Ron asked nervously.

"I told you that you could write songs." Luna said, grinning at him. Ron turned pink in the glow of the firelight.

"This was so magical." Luna sighed, stretching her feet. Ron turned red. Luna got up from her log and walked over to Ron. She leaned down and kissed the top of his ginger hair.

"I need to go. Hermione's going to have my head for skipping out on Prefect duties." Ron said to Luna.

"I need to search the school for ghost mice. They're the number one cause of the common cold." Luna said with her usually carefree tone.

"You do that." Ron said, having to smile. Ron stood up, and set the guitar next to the log. Hand in hand, they left the room.

Yellow

By Coldplay

Look at the stars,

Look how they shine for you,

And everything you do,

Yeah, they were all yellow.

I came along,

I wrote a song for you,

And all the things you do,

And it was called "Yellow."

So then I took my turn,

Oh what a thing to have done,

And it was all "Yellow."

Your skin

Oh yeah, your skin and bones,

Turn into something beautiful,

You know, you know I love you so,

You know I love you so.

I swam across,

I jumped across for you,

Oh what a thing to do.

`Cause you were all "Yellow,"

I drew a line,

I drew a line for you,

Oh what a thing to do,

And it was all "Yellow."

Your skin,

Oh yeah your skin and bones,

Turn into something beautiful,

And you know for you,

I'd bleed myself dry for you,

I'd bleed myself dry.

It's true, look how they shine for you,

Look how they shine for you,

Look how they shine for,

Look how they shine for you,

Look how they shine for you,

Look how they shine.

Look at the stars,

Look how they shine for you,

And all the things that you do.

Author's Note: This one is long because of the song, and sort of repetitive. After racking my brain a lot, it has come to my conclusion that there is no explanation for why Ron knows how to play guitar. And how he knows how to sing and write extremely good and meaningful songs, especially over a short period of time. So I ask all of you readers just to enjoy the fan fic and please write a review. I've over worked my Windows Media Player playing these songs over and over while I write the chapter based on the specified song for you guys. Okay? Enjoy! More to come. No trash, recycle.


-->