Unofficial Portkey Archive

Ron & Luna: A Musicology by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

RowlingIdol

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

By Lauren G.

Chapter 4: Crash... Into me.

Ron's P.O.V.: He and Harry walked back into the house, brooms propped on their shoulders. The kitchen smelled of chicken grilling and steamed vegetables.

"Good! You're just in time for dinner." Mrs. Weasley said, setting out plates along the length of the table. "Harry dear, will you help me set out the silverware? Ron, go upstairs and get the girls."

"But mum! Can't I set out the silverware?" Ron pleaded. Harry nudged Ron in the side.

"You heard your mother. Get the girls." Harry grinned. Ron glared at his friend and headed upstairs, grumbling to himself.

"Urgh, why do I have to get- Oooof!" Ron had just run smack dab into the person who had raced out of the nearest bedroom. And it just happened to be Luna.

"Ouch." Luna said, rubbing her shoulder. She looked up at Ron.

"Oh... Um... Uh... S-s-sorry. Its uh.... Dinner for time." Ron spluttered. Luna lowered her hand from her shoulder and smiled.

"Good, what are we having?" She said, staring up at Ron. He stared back.

"Mush...." He muttered lazily, gazing into her deep eyes.

"Mmm." Luna said, and walked past him. Ginny clattered down the stairs a second later, ignoring Ron standing there in the hallway.

"Ow." Ron said, holding a hand up to rub his throbbing arm.

Later that night, Harry slept sound asleep on the cot fixed up in Ron's room. But though Harry had fallen fast, Ron was wide-awake. Harry tells him to take her out on a date. But he likes her, and what about her? What if it all goes downhill? I can't be her boyfriend, I get enough crap from Malfoy and my brothers. I don't need more of it.

Ron sighed and stretched his arms behind his head. He turned and looked at his clock. It read 12:05. He sat up and rubbed his head. The room was slightly stuffy. He swung his legs over the side of the bed and slowly crept downstairs. As he reached the third floor, he heard a steady creaking sound coming from the living room. He wished he had his wand. He crept more silently as he walked down the stairs. Maybe it was Voldemort, trying to break in the house. He was almost to the living room. The creaking stopped. Ron stepped into the kitchen and blindly made his way to the living room.

SMACK

Two people hit the floor with the impact.

"Get off me!" Cried a muffled voice.

"Burglar!" Ron said. There was a scuffle.

"Lumos!" Said the voice. A wand lit.

It was Luna. Again. And Ron was lying right on top of her. He blanched.

"What are you doing up?" He asked.

"I always drink coffee at midnight." Luna said, staring up at him, her blonde hair strewn about the floor.

"You were drinking coffee in the dark?" Ron asked, still staying where he was.

"Well, I had a lamp on, but I heard someone coming down the stairs so I switched it off." Luna replied. Ron looked towards the rocking chair next to the small table with lamp. A chipped mug sat on a coaster.

"Oh." Ron said. Silence.

"Can you get off me?" Luna politely asked. Ron looked down at their predicament. This time he blushed like mad. He scrambled up and stared down at Luna, who still lay on the floor like she was relaxing on a feather down mattress. She grinned at him. Ron rubbed his ears. For a moment they just stared at each other.

"Aren't you going to help me?" She asked.

"Oh." Ron said. He slowly lowered his hand. Hers reached up to meet his. When they did, he about fainted. He helped her up off of the floor.

"Thank you." She said. She went to the table and picked up her mug and brought it into the kitchen. Ron followed.

"Why are you up?" She asked.

"Couldn't sleep. Got up to get a drink of water." He said. Luna flipped on the lamp. Ron got a good look at her. Her hair was starting to retreat back to its frazzled ways and her makeup was gone. She looked almost the same as before the makeover. And Ron found himself still liking her. Now even more than before.

The next morning, Ron woke up feeling very refreshed. Harry wasn't in his room, so he figured he was already downstairs. So he got up and got ready quick as a wink in jeans and a tee shirt. He ran a comb through his hair and then hurried downstairs.

"Ron!"

"Hey Hermione!" Ron said. Hermione had arrived and was joined at the table by Mrs. Weasley, Harry, Ginny, and Luna.

"What time is it?" Ron asked.

"Just before lunch." Mrs. Weasley said, standing up and retrieving the plate of sandwiches off the counter. She set them out. Ron looked at the table for an empty seat. The only one open was right across from Luna. He sat down, and tried not to look at her.

Finally, after much chitchat, lunch ended.

"Hey Ron, you up for Quidditch?" Harry asked, getting up from the table.

"Uh... No, not today." Ron said, trying not to look at Harry.

"All right then. Now we can work on some cloaking spells!" Chirped Hermione. She dragged Harry upstairs. Harry groaned in disappointment.

Ron went outside for a walk around the backyard. Ginny had left to write an owl. As Ron wandered around and occasionally giving a threatening look to the gnomes sneaking about, he spied someone moving towards the large pond near the hedges. He moved a little bit closer, and saw that it was Luna. He walked closer and hid behind a tree. Luna slipped off her shoes and started to walk into the shallows of the lake. She leaned over slightly and picked up the hem of the light cream skirt she was wearing.

`Lift up your skirt a little more.' Thought Ron. Suddenly, he snapped back to life as Luna disappeared under the surface. Ron stepped out from behind the tree and ran to the lake. Bubbles surfaced. He couldn't see her under the water. Maybe a Grindylow dragged her down. Thinking fast, Ron pulled his tee shirt off and dived in under the water. His eyes cringed at the sting of the water. He swam forward, and saw the flowing shape of Luna's skirt. He kicked his feet and reached out to grab onto her. Latching onto an arm, Ron pulled Luna up to the surface. They gasped for breath, water streaming down their faces.

"Are you okay?" Ron gasped, holding Luna's soaked form close to his.

"Yes. I just went for a swim." She said. Ron sighed.

"I thought... Like, a Grindylow pulled you under." Ron said, looking down at her. And her white wet tee shirt sticking to her skin and-

"Wow." Ron said out loud.

"What?" Luna asked.

"Nothing." Ron shook his head.

"You know. We really need to stop meeting like this." Luna said.

"Mmm hmmm." Ron nodded, halfway in dream land.

"Ron! Luna!" cried a voice. They let go of each other and turned to the direction of the voice. It was Mrs. Weasley, racing out of the house, followed by Harry, Hermione, and Ginny. Luna crossed her arms across her chest.

"What happened!?" Mrs. Weasley cried out. "And where is your shirt Ronald?"

"Well... Luna uh..."

"I feel in." Luna interrupted. "Ron jumped in and pulled me out."

"Uh... Right!" Ron said.

"Ooooh! My babies!" Mrs. Weasley crooned. "Come on inside and dry off." She ushered them into the house. When they reached kitchen, Harry gave Ron a thumbs up. Ron went red.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------

Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews Band

You've got your ball you've got your chain tied to me tight tie me up again who's got their claws in you my friend Into your heart I'll beat again Sweet like candy to my soul Sweet you rock and sweet you roll Lost for you I'm so lost for you

You come crash into me And I come into you I come into you In a boys dream In a boys dream

Touch your lips just so I know In your eyes, love, it glows so I'm bare boned and crazy for you When you come crash into me, baby And I come into you In a boys dream In a boys dream

If I've gone overboard Then I'm begging you to forgive me in my haste When I'm holding you so girl close to me

Oh and you come crash into me, baby And I come into you Hike up your skirt a little more and show the world to me Hike up your skirt a little more and show your world to me In a boys dream.. In a boys dream

Oh I watch you there through the window And I stare at you You wear nothing but you wear it so well tied up and twisted the way I'd like to be For you, for me, come crash into me

Authors Note: This is going good isn't it? Plenty more to come now that I've attached myself to the computer. Please tell me if you like the Musicology of Ron and Luna!

P.S. - Refer to Chapter 1 for reference to song lyrics regarding why she drinks coffee at midnight. :P


-->