Unofficial Portkey Archive

Ron & Luna: A Musicology by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

RowlingIdol

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

By Lauren G.

Chapter 8: Hanging By A Moment

Author's Note: Its been so long! I am at college and boredom has begun to set in. So I have found the time to bond with my laptop with endless hours of fan fic writing. This will be short, but the next will/should be longer. :P

Ron's P.O.V.:

Ron woke up the next morning feeling very energetic. He leaped out of bed, almost landing on Harry, who was slightly snoring on the floor. He stepped over Harry's feet and headed down the stairs towards the loo. The door was closed and he could hear a steady stream of water though the tattered wood door. He scratched at his head. It was quite early in the morning, around 7:00. He thought he was the first one awake. A loud grunt from upstairs issued the fact that his parents were still sleeping. The lack of explosions from Fred and George's room confirmed they were crashed out. Ron opened the door a crack. A sweet, flowery smell hit him in the face with a warm rush of air. Either Ginny or Hermione. He was about to close the door when the water stopped and a leg stepped over and out of the tub. Ron went red. Those legs. It was Luna. A slender hand attached to an arm reached out and plucked a towel from off the floor. The towel disappeared into the shower and Luna came out wrapped up in a cocoon of Maroon fluffiness.

`My towel!' Ron thought. Luna wiped the mirror with her hand to clear the fog away. Luna peered into the mirror and then smiled.

"Good Morning Ron." She said. Ron gritted his teeth. She could see his eye peeking through the crack in the door reflected in the mirror. He opened the door slightly more.

"I.... Didn't mean to intrude. I needed to use the toilet." Ron said quickly, going red.

"It's okay." She said. Her blonde hair hung around her shoulders in a mass of damp curls.

"Sleep well?" She asked, beginning to preen herself. Ron gulped and nodded. Why? Why was he feeling this way? Was he desperate for changing? Was he starving for the truth of how she felt about him? Or was he just plain starving for food?

"Come again?" Luna said, looking at him through the mirror.

"Y-Yes." He said, ogling at her. His cheeks and nose were a bright apple red. Luna turned and walked to wards the door. She stared at Ron. Ron stared back.

"What are you doing?" Luna said. She gave him a weird look. One she so often would receive herself.

"I... I'm... I'm standing here... Until... Until you make me move." Ron stuttered. Luna gently smiled. Holding the towel on with one hand, Luna reached out the other and pushed Ron aside like a sliding door. She then walked across the hall to her room. The moment was silent and quick. Ron wished it could have lasted longer. He wanted to hang onto that moment. Any moment when it was just the two of them.

`I'm falling even more in love with you. Letting go of all I've held onto, I'm hanging by a moment here with you.' Ron said. He was brought back to his senses by his bladder. Ron raced into the bathroom and slammed the door.

Luna's P.O.V.:

Luna dried off in her room and set the towel on the floor. As she was pulling on her socks, she noticed something embroidered onto the towel. Like a monogram. She lifted up the towel and smoothed out the embroidery. It was an `R'. She smiled. She had thought it was just a random towel, but it was random no more. It was Ron's. Luna hugged the damp towel and snuggled with it for a moment. She recalled their moment in the bathroom when he wouldn't let her out. Another sweet moment for just the two of them. A moment she yearned to hold onto.

`I'm falling even more in love with you. Letting go of all I've held onto, I'm hanging by a moment here with you.' Luna thought. The sound of the toilet flushing across the hall brought her back to her senses. She walked out of her room in time to see Ron leaving. Ron stopped in the hall. Luna was holding his towel in her arms. Ron looked at it blankly.

"Here." Luna said. She handed it to him. Ron took it slowly and then looked at her.

"What for?"

"It's yours, isn't it?" Luna said. Ron stared at the monogrammed `R'. He looked at Luna, then back at the towel. And then at her again.

"Nope. Not mine." He said, handing it back to her. Luna's eyes sparkled as she took the towel back. She hugged it once again.

"Hey, um.... I'll take you to the Quidditch pitch after breakfast, okay?" Ron said.

"Why?" Luna said. She hardly knew the rules of Quidditch, let alone how to play.

"To teach you to fly." Ron said. He turned and walked back up the stairs.

Hanging by a Moment

By Lifehouse

Desperate for changing

Starving for truth

Closer where i Started

Chasing after you

i'm falling even more in love with you

letting go of all i've held onto

i'm standing here until you make me move

i'm hanging by a moment here with you

forgetting all i'm lacking

completely incomplete

i'll take your invitation

you take all of me

now.. i'm falling even more in love with you

letting go of all i've held onto

i'm standing here until you make me move

i'm hanging by a moment here with you

i'm living for the only thing i know

i'm running and not quite sure where to go

i don't know what i'm diving into

just hanging by a moment here with you

there's nothing else to lose

nothing left to find

there's nothing in the world

that could change my mind

there is nothing else

there is nothing else...

Desperate for changing

Starving for truth

Closer where i Started

Chasing after you

i'm falling even more in love with you

letting go of all i've held onto

i'm standing here until you make me move

i'm hanging by a moment here with you

i'm living for the only thing i know

i'm running and not quite sure where to go

i don't know what i'm diving into

just hanging by a moment here with you

just hanging by a moment

hanging by a moment..

hanging by a moment...

hanging by a moment here with you..

Author's Note: Hope you enjoyed it. I didn't use TOO much of the lyrics this time, but the `falling even more in love with you' line was the main inspiration. Stay tuned for the next chapter.


-->