Unofficial Portkey Archive

Ron & Luna: A Musicology by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

RowlingIdol

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

By Lauren G.

Chapter 7: Luna and Me

Ron's P.O.V.:

He drove along the country road they had followed in order to get into town. Only this time, Ron took another road out further into the country, upon Luna's request. As before, they were quiet in the car. The moon was rising in the starry, clear night sky. Luna leaned forward in her seat and stared up at the night sky. She sat up and reached for the winding handle attached to the door. She rolled down the window.

"Is the car too hot?" Ron asked.

"No." Luna replied simply. "Will you roll down yours?"

"Um. Sure." Ron said. He reached down and cranked the window down.

"Better?" Ron asked.

"Yes." Luna answered. She leaned over in her seat and gazed outside, the wind whipping against her hair. She leaned back in the seat and draped an arm slightly out the window. She made her hand flat and moved it up and down, making wave motions.

"Go faster." Luna said.

"Excuse me?" Ron asked. Luna turned and looked him longingly in the eyes.

`Those eyes...' Ron thought.

"All right, all right." He said. He pushed the pedal down further. The car sped up and the wind blew faster. Luna grinned.

"Here will do fine." She said.

"What?" Ron asked. "It's an empty field. I thought you wanted to go to the park."

"No, here is fine." Luna said. Ron parked the car and Luna hopped out. She skipped out to the grass, swinging her arms. She danced around in a circle, stamping her feet. Then, she plopped down on the ground. Ron stood by the car, just staring.

"Well? Are you going to come over?" Luna called. He walked over to her. During her `dance', Luna had flattened the grass down, so it was soft enough to lie on. Luna laid back and stared at the sky. Awkwardly, Ron laid down beside her.

"Is this what you wanted to do?" Ron asked her, stretching his arms behind his head.

"Yes. Thank you." She said.

"Why though?" He continued to interrogate.

"I like to do this. You know, to just think."

"Oh." Ron said. "About what?"

"Lots of things." Luna casually chirped. "I want to fly. Like, Augureys or Fwoopers."

"Well, there is something called a broom. You know, like Quidditch?"

"I was never really good at broom flying. Ever since 1st year practice, I was never any good. I would always fall off. I would cry when I got back to my dorm room because I was so disappointed."

Ron turned his head and looked at Luna.

"I could teach you." He said. She turned to look at him.

"Really? Would you?"

"Sure. Flying is no problem for me. Just Quidditch."

"Hmmm." Said Luna.

"What is your life like?" Ron asked.

"Normal." Luna said with an airy tone in her voice. "Dad and I do this all the time in the summer. He smokes cigars in the summertime under the sky by the moonlight."

Ron stared up at the sky during the silence.

`I can feel you read my mind.' He thought. `I can see it in your eyes under the moon.' Ron shook his head to rid the thought.

"What about your house?"

"My house?" Luna questioned. "In my living room, there's a rug with bleeding dye under the fan. Um... There's the chair with the leopard skin under the lamp."

"Normal, huh?" Ron said sarcastically. Luna giggled.

"For me. My room is pretty normal though. You should come over."

"But, your Dad isn't home."

"Somebody has to come with me to get my school stuff."

"Oh." Ron replied.

Silence again. They lay there staring at a million city lights in the distance. Ron felt like Luna and himself were the only two on earth at that moment.

`But it's still Luna and I all alone beneath the sky. I can feel the wind brushing slowly by. If I could soar I'd try to take these wings and fly. Away to where the leaves turn red. But no matter where I am instead, I'm feeling all right. We'll make it by in the pink moonlight. It'll always be Luna and me tonight.'

Luna broke the deepness of Ron's thoughts.

"I like to roll the windows down in cars. Turn the radio up..."

"Push the pedal to the ground?" Ron added. Luna giggled again.

"And I like to gaze at starry skies, close my eyes, pretend to fly. What about you?"

Ron thought a moment.

"I dunno. Anything basically. This is nice."

"Good." Luna said, smiling.

Luna's P.O.V.:

"So Ron, what are you really like?"

"I don't understand." Ron said, shaking his head.

"Well... No one really knows a lot about me. They just think I'm, well, loony. But no one has ever seemed to care to know about the real me. I like to get away by myself when I'm upset. Drown my pain in lemonade. I dream of rainy days and nights up late by the fireplace and aimless conversations about the better days."

"Whoa. Deep." Ron said. "I guess I was one of those people who never bothered to get to know the real you."

"Well, now you're not." Luna said. She rolled over to her right, closer to Ron. He turned his head and looked at her.

"Will you take me back now?"

"Yeah. Its kind of late." Ron and Luna stood up. Ron smiled at her.

"There's grass stuck in your sweater." He told her. Luna looked down and picked the loose grass off her sweater. She looked up and smiled at Ron. They walked to the car. Once Ron had started the car, he reached over and turned on the radio. He looked over at Luna. She grinned and turned the volume up.

"Shall we go?" He asked.

"Yes please." She answered. Ron floored the car home.

Ron's P.O.V.:

Ron pulled into the driveway of the Burrow. Luna got out of the car and headed to the door. Ron hurried ahead.

"Wait." Ron said. He put a finger to his lips. Luna pressed her lips together. Ron reached for the doorknob and opened it. He reached his hand inside the slightly open door and turned on the light.

"GO AWAY!" He yelled into what seemed to be an empty living room.

"Geez, fine." Fred said, standing up from behind the couch.

"Yeah, don't have a Mooncalf." George agreed, coming out from behind the bookshelf. They trampled upstairs.

"Harry, Hermione, Ginny." Ron then said angrily.

"Aw..." said his two best friends and his sister, who left the kitchen, sulking back upstairs.

"Its safe to come in now." Ron told Luna. Luna put one foot into the house.

"Wait." Ron said yet again. He walked into the house and over to the stairs.

"I said go away! Mom! Put away the camera!" Ron told everyone, crowded on the stairs.

"Oh honey." Mrs. Weasley said. Everyone went upstairs this time. Ron stood at the bottom of the stairs until they were out of sight. Luna came in the house and shut the door behind her.

"I didn't think there would be so much controversy because we went out." She said.

"Well, you don't know everyone as well as I do." He told her. Luna reached out and took one of Ron's hand and held it.

"Thank you." She said.

"You're welcome." Ron replied, going red. Luna looked up at him and Ron looked down at her.

"Maybe.... Maybe we should do this... again sometime." Ron said softly, stepping closer to Luna.

"Yeah. Maybe." She agreed, stepping closer to Ron. They were inches apart. They stared at each other. Luna slightly lifted her chin. Ron slightly lowered his head.

"Uh.... Well, good night." Ron said, letting go of her hand and stepping back.

"Oh. Good night then." Luna said, looking at the floor. Luna walked past Ron and walked upstairs.

"Luna." Ron said. She turned around. Ron walked up to the step she was waiting on. Ron nervously opened his arms and pulled her into him and enveloped her into a warm, meaningful hug. Luna smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck and nuzzled her head into his chest. Ron tightened his arms around her waist and breathed in the smell of her hair. As they drew apart, Luna looked up at Ron, smiling.

"That's better." She said, and went upstairs. Ron turned very red and smiled to himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Penny & Me

By Hanson

Cigars in the summertime under the sky by the light

I can feel you read my mind

I can see it in your eyes under the moon as it plays

like music every line

There's a rug with bleeding dye under the fan in the room

Where the passions burning high by the chair

with the leopard skin under the light

It's always Penny and me tonight

On the plane step up with both my feet

Riding in seat number 3 on a flight to NYC

Got my bean in a coffee cup next to my seat

Catch the view and another good book to read

Sending me home on the friendly skies

Missing her eyes

It's always Penny and me tonight

Cause Penny and me like to roll the windows down

Turn the radio up, push the pedal to the ground

And Penny and me like to gaze at starry skies

Close our eyes, pretend to fly

It's always Penny and me tonight

Staring at a million city lights

But it's still Penny and I all alone beneath the sky

Feel the wind brushing slowly by

If I could soar I'd try to take these wings and fly

Away to where the leaves turn red

But no matter where I am instead

Singing along to feeling alright

We'll make it by in the pink moonlight

It's always Penny and me tonight

Cause Penny and me like to roll the windows down

Turn the radio up, push the pedal to the ground

And Penny and me like to gaze at starry skies

Close our eyes, pretend to fly

close our eyes pretend to fly

It's always Penny and me tonight

Penny likes to get away and drown her pain in lemonade

Penny dreams of rainy days and nights up late by the fireplace

And aimless conversations about the better days

Singing along to feeling alright, yeah

We'll make it by in the pink moonlight

It's always Penny and me tonight

Cause Penny and me like to roll the windows down

Turn the radio up, push the pedal to the ground

And Penny and me like to gaze at starry skies

Close our eyes pretend to fly

close our eyes pretend to fly

It's always Penny and me tonight

Penny and me tonight

Penny and me tonight

Penny and me tonight

Authors Note: Kind of just dialogue. But I'm getting better at including the lyrics to the songs that I use into the stories. Please please please please PLEASE review! It's what motivates me to write more! Keep checking for updates! Thanx!


-->