Unofficial Portkey Archive

Ron & Luna: A Musicology by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

RowlingIdol

Ron & Luna: A Musicology
By Lauren G.

Chapter 9: Miracles Happen


Author's Note: Holy Cheez-Its I have waited to write this chapter for the LONGEST time!

Ron's P.O.V.: At breakfast, Mrs. Weasley made a huge breakfast. Fred and George kept sniggering behind their hands, accompanied by Ginny and Hermione. Harry elbowed Ron in the side once every few moments.

"Stop it." Ron hissed to his friend. His ears going red. Luna smiled the whole time, not saying a word. She just spread the jam on her toast. Mrs. Weasley cleared her throat.

"So children, what are we doing today?" she asked, sitting down next to Mr. Weasley.

"I for one am not going to tease Ronald about his date." George sarcastically and smartly replied.

"I also will not tease Ronald about his date." Fred said with an equally mocking air. Mrs. Weasley frowned.

"Now boys. You are teasing Ron right now." She scolded. She turned to Ron.

"So how was it?"

"MUM!!!!!!!!!!!" Ron whined. Ginny and Hermione giggled. Fred and George slapped a high five. Even Luna had blushed a tint pink. Once the giggling had ceased, Mrs. Weasley tried again.

"Now, what are you going to do today?" She asked with a sterner tone.

"My chores." Ginny sighed.

"Study!" Hermione chirped.

"Quidditch!" Harry eagerly announced.

"Nothing." Fred and George said.

"Good. You can do Ron's chores then." Mrs. Weasley told the twins.

"What?" George said.

"That's not fair!" Fred chimed in.

"Ron is busy today. Aren't you dear?" Mrs. Weasley piled more sausage on Ron's plate. Ron nodded, looking at Luna. She looked back and gave him a small smile. Mr. Weasley cleared his throat this time.

"Well, there will certainly be no `hanky-panky' going on." He said matter-of-factly.

"DAD!!!!!!!!!!" Ron whined once again, slamming his napkin on his plate.

"Don't worry Mr. Weasley. I'll keep an eye on them." Harry spoke up. Ron stuck his tongue out at Harry and stood up from the table.

"Come on Luna." Ron said. Luna dabbed at her lips and slid back from her chair. Everyone was quiet as Ron and Luna walked out into the backyard.

Luna's P.O.V.: They walked to the side of the house where there were several brooms propped up. Harry's Firebolt, Fred & George's old Cleansweeps, his, and Ginny's brooms. He, of course, took his.

"I don't think Harry'd appreciate a beginner flying on his Firebolt. Would you care for one of the Cleansweeps?" Ron offered. Luna took one of the brooms and followed Ron out into the hedged Quidditch pitch.

"Now. You have your broom. Good." Ron said. Luna raised her hand.

"Yes." Ron said.

"I don't want to do this." She said, putting her hand down. Ron sighed.

"You want to experience flying don't you?" He said. Luna nodded.

"Yes, teacher." Luna said. Ron had to smile.

"Trust me. It'll be okay." Ron assured her. Luna stared at the broom in her hands.

"Well, you ARE the King." She said, smiling up at him. Ron went red again and rubbed at his neck.

"Okay." He clapped his hands together. "The basics. Get on the broom, lift off, tilt forward, and touch down."

"You make it sound so easy." She said, straddling the broom. Ron did the same.

"Now, to lift, slowly rise up on your tip toes." Ron instructed. Luna slowly raised herself up on her toes like a Ballerina. As she did so, the broom shuddered and began to lift. Her toes were now dangling a few inches from the ground. It kept going up, and up, and-

"Merlin! I'm going to end up on the ground again! Help! Help!" Luna panicked.

"Um. Luna? You're a foot off the ground." Ron pointed out, who hadn't even left the ground yet. "You'll only rocket off if you pull up hard on the tip."

Luna blushed and looked down.

"This isn't so bad."

"I told you. Now, to rise higher, gently pull up on the tip."

"Like… this?" Luna nervously asked. She gently pulled up and the broom jerked and started to rise higher. Ron began to rise with her.

"Good! You're getting the hang of this! Now, to turn, guide the broom the way you want to go."

Luna stuck her tongue between her teeth and leaned to the left. The broom floated up to the left. She did it again to the right. She flew to the right.

"Am I doing it? Am I really flying?" Luna giddily asked.

"Yes! Just look at how high you are!" Ron said. He zoomed beneath her.

"Wow." Luna said breathlessly. She was so high in the air it smelled refreshingly fresh and clean. It was bright and the clouds seemed to encourage her to go higher.

"Whoa whoa, not so high." Ron said, pulling up beside her.

"It's just so beautiful." Luna breathed. Ron turned his broom around the other way and looked over at her.

"Yes. You are." He said. Luna blinked and looked at him.

"I… I mean… Well…." Ron said. Luna blushed and looked at the handle.

"I know what you meant. Don't try to hide it." She said. Ron looked at his handle too.

"I'm sorry… It's just that… that…."

"That what?" Luna said, turning her head to look at Ron. He looked at her and into her eyes. They glowed with happiness and the wind gently blew at her hair.

"Luna… I…."

"Yes Ron?" Luna said. Their brooms drifted together and their legs touched.

"I…." Was all he was able to muster. He took a deep breath and leaned in. It was a spark hotter than any magic spell could produce. His lips gently pressed against her soft ones. He pulled back slightly. Luna looked into his eyes, questioning. He moved in again. They kissed under the blue sky over and over. Their brooms slowly spiraled back down to the ground, carrying them with them. When their feet touched the ground was when they broke apart. They let go of their brooms and they fell to the ground between their feet. They were both red.

"Thanks." Luna broke the silence. "For teaching me to fly. I don't need wings after all."

"It… It was nothing." Ron said, shuffling his feet. Luna stepped forward and leaned in and gave him a peck on his surprised lips.

"Wow." He said. Luna giggled. She took his hand. Ron tried to recover from his redness.

"I guess miracles do happen." Luna said.

"What?" Ron said.

"Nothing." Luna said, smiling at him.

"Ay! What're you two doing?" Harry said, coming up to them from behind the hedges. Luna and Ron let go of their hands.

"Nothing." They said. Harry just grinned.

Miracles Happen

By Myra

Miracles happen, miracles happen
You showed me faith is not blind
I don't need wings to help me fly
Miracles happen, miracles happen

I can't imagine living my life without you now
Not ever having you around
We found our way out
(on you I can depend)
Don't have to look back to realize how far we've come
There are million reasons
I'm lookin up
I don't want this to end

Nothin
Nothin should ever bring you down
Knowing what goes around will come around

You showed me faith is not blind
I don't need wings to help me fly
Miracles happen, once in a while
When you believe
(miracles happen)
You showed me dreams come to light
That takin a chance on us was right
All things will come with a little time
When You believe

There is no question we found the missing pieces
Our picture is complete
It's fallen into place
(it's fallen into place)
This is out moment, you and I are looking up
Someone is watching over us
Keeping me close
Closer to you everyday

Nowhere
Nowhere on earth I'd rather be
No one can take this away from you and me

You showed me faith is not blind
I don't need wings to help me fly
Miracles happen, once in a while
When you believe
(miracles happen)
You showed me dreams come to light
That takin a chance on us was right
All things will come with a little time
When You believe

When you believe
The soul is a shining light
When you believe
The heart has the will to fight
You can do anything, don't be afraid
We're gonna find our way

You showed me faith is not blind
I don't need wings to help me fly
Miracles happen, once in a while
When you believe
(miracles happen)
You showed me dreams come to light
That takin a chance on us was right
All things will come with a little time
When You believe

Author's Note: EEEEEEEEEE! Okay, tell you did NOT love this chapter? Hooray! I guess `cause these were both short, my double posting will make up for it. Please review! No trash, recycle!


-->