Unofficial Portkey Archive

Ron & Luna: A Musicology by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

RowlingIdol

Ron & Luna: A Musicology

By Lauren G.

Author's Note: There is a reason at the end of some of my stories as to WHY I say- `No trash, recycle'. I am not an avid environment activist, but I do enjoy my stories and do not like getting trash about them. I feel that if you do not like a story, don't review it. I feel that reviews should be saved for compliments, not complaints. `No Trash' means, no bashing of my story. `Recycle' means, do something good for the story, like give it a good review. I hope people will take this into consideration when it comes to my stories, and the stories of others here on Portkey. Thank you.

Chapter 5: Can anybody find me... Someone to- love.

Ron's P.O.V.:

Ron went upstairs in this soaked socks. Luna tromped up behind him, wrapped in an old towel.

"Now you two change and come downstairs later to warm up." Mrs. Weasley said. She went back to the kitchen and began to bustle around. Ron and Luna stood dripping in the hallway. Ron was holding his dry tee shirt.

"I was just swimming." Luna said again.

"Well..." Ron said, looking down at the floor.

"Thanks." She said. She stepped forward and brushed her lips gently across Ron's drying cheek. She turned and went into her room. As the door shut with a tight click, Ron touched his cheek. What had just happened? Maybe the water was getting to his brain. He then went upstairs to his room.

Instead of going downstairs for hot cocoa, Ron snuck outside while his mom had her head stuck in a cupboard searching for cream. He stuck his hands in his pockets and walked around the outline of the small lake. The kiss hadn't meant anything to him. Or did it? He liked Luna. And now he was slightly sure Luna did too. But he didn't know what to do. Earlier that morning, as he looked into the mirror, he saw how the thoughts of her impacted him. He wasn't getting a lot of sleep. Harry's voice echoed through his mind. Maybe if he did take her on a date, he'd be able to sleep easier. Ron sighed and ran a hand through his damp hair. He turned around and stared up at the sky.

"Can anybody find me... Somebody to..." Ron paused as his eyes focused on the house. Luna was staring out the open window to her room right at him.

"... Love." He finished. They stared at each other for a moment before he headed back for the house.

Luna's P.O.V.:

Luna wrung out her stringy hair into the towel. She had changed into a different skirt that Ginny had laid out for her. As for the top, it was thankfully colored. She rubbed more at her hair and then at her arms and legs. She opened up the window. She stared out at the backyard. She could see Ron sulking around the lake, hands stuffed in his pockets. Maybe she shouldn't have kissed his cheek.

`Maybe he doesn't like me the way I like him. I should just give up. He probably thinks I'm crazy. Like, I have a ton of water in my brain.'

Luna sighed. She sat on the window sill and looked towards the sky.

"Can anybody find me... Somebody to..." She stopped and looked down at Ron. He was looking right up at her.

"... Love." She ended. Ron kept staring up at her, and she kept staring back. Ron walked out of view and into the house. Luna shut the window and walked to her bed. She sat on the edge of it and swung her feet. What to do now? She didn't know if she should tell Ron her feelings or not. She leaned back on the bed. She sighed deeply. There was a knock on her door. She got up off the bed and walked to the door and opened it...

Ron's P.O.V.:

Ron sighed as he walked back into the house. The door rattled shut behind him.

"Well, there you are." Mrs. Weasley said, mixing a bowl of cookie dough. "Where did our little rescuer go off to? Shouldn't you be checking on your girlfriend?"

Ron stood stunned.

"My girlfriend?" He asked.

"Yes." Mrs. Weasley said. "I see how Luna makes eyes at you during meals."

"She's not my girlfriend." Ron said flatly.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure!" Ron said, raising his voice. "I don't like her! She's tch... quiet, and weird, and crazy, and odd. She's everything I can't stand!"

"But Ron, you can't stand a lot of things."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ron questioned.

"It means that..." Mrs. Weasley began nervously, "- that maybe you like her. `Cause I kind of think you do!" Mrs. Weasley smiled and winked at her youngest son.

"No!" Ron said. "How can I, like her? Because I don't like her. Because I can't like her! Mum, if I like her... shoot me!"

"POW!" Mrs. Weasley said loudly, making her hand into a gun and pointing it at Ron. Ron exhaled deeply through his nostrils, turned around, and stomped upstairs. He knocked sharply on Luna's door. Luna opened it, her blonde hair hanging damply around her shoulders.

"Luna, grab a sweater, we're going on a date."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Somebody To Love by Queen

Each morning I get up I die a little

Can barely stand on my feet

Take a look in the mirror and cry

Lord, what you're doing to me

I have spent all my years in believing you

But I just can't get no relief, Lord!

Somebody, ooh somebody

Can anybody find me somebody to love?

I work hard every day of my life

I work till I ache my bones

At the end (of the day)

I take home my hard earned pay all on

My own-I get down on my knees

And I start to pray

Till the tears run down from my eyes Lord somebody, ooh somebody

Can anybody find me-somebody to love?

(He works hard) Everyday-I try and I try and I try

But everybody wants to put me down

They say Im goin crazy

They say I got a lot of water in my brain

Aw they ain't got no common sense

He's got nobody left to believe in

ooh ooh ooh ooh somebody

Can anybody find me somebody to love?

Can anybody find me to love?

Got no feel, I got no rhythm

I just keep losing my beat

Im alright, Im alright

I aint gonna face no defeat

I just gotta get out of this prison cell

Someday Im gonna be free, Lord!

Find me somebody to love

Find me somebody to love

Find me somebody to love

Find me somebody to love

Find me somebody to love

Find me somebody to love

Find me somebody to love

Find me somebody to love

Somebody, somebody

Somebody find me

Somebody find me someone to love

Can anybody find me somebody to love?

Find me somebody, somebody, somebody to love

Find me find me find me find me find me

Ooh somebody to love

Anybody, anyway

Anybody find me somebody to love?

Yeah, yeah

Love

Authors Note: I really liked the song for this chapter. Basically, its Ron's Anthem. I hope everyone likes the next song. Keep the reviews coming so I can keep writing more everyday! If you have any song suggestions, let me know. I seem to find new ones every day. Sorry if its short.

P.S. - Kudos to the makers of That 70's show, for the dialogue from my favorite episode. :D


-->