Unofficial Portkey Archive

Nowhere to Run by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Nowhere to Run

Amynoelle and Heaven

Authors' note: Poor Harry took a beating in the last chapter from the readers. We hope that he can redeem himself to you guys soon. This next chapter brings back Ron and Luna and Harry and Hermione, of course. Please let us know what you think.


Don't ask me
What you know is true
Don't have to tell you
I love your precious heart

I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never tear us apart

We could live
For a thousand years
But if I hurt you
I'd make wine from your tears

I told you
That we could fly
'Cause we all have wings
But some of us don't know why

I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never ever tear us apart
(Never Tear Us Apart, INXS)

Lupin stood in front of his team of Aurors---Tonks, McDonald and Barrett. The four of them were heading up the task force looking into the disappearance of Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. Most of the leads coming into the office had proven to be false and the majority of them were from money seekers wanting to lay claim to the reward money that grew each day.

"Does anyone have anything else to add?" Lupin asked in exasperation.

"I do, Sir," Barrett said standing up.

"Go ahead," Lupin nodded.

Barrett held out an old copy of The Quibbler. "This article appeared a few months back. Miss Lovegood writes about some of the alumni from Hogwarts and talks about their accomplishments. Although she doesn't come right out and say it, she does mention how Dennis Creevey has revolutionised the use of portkeys."

"And we've seen her talking to Mr. Creevey over the past couple of weeks," McDonald chimed in.

"That doesn't mean much," Tonks said looking over the article. "Luna's close to both Creevey boys."

"Still," Lupin nodded. "It's a new lead that we haven't checked up on. Good work Barrett."

Barrett smiled. "You want me to question Creevey?"

"I'll do it," Lupin replied quickly, thinking that he'd need to have a word with Luna Lovegood as well.

"Yes, sir," Barrett said.

Lupin shared a look with his wife as he left the room with her. "Part of me wants to find them and the other part of me doesn't." he said under his breath.

"I'd rather you find them then some overzealous rookie eager to prove himself," Tonks said.

Lupin nodded. "I just wish we had something else to go on- and to find out what really happened to Arthur. Something about this whole thing just keeps nagging at me."

"I still think Ginny knows more than she's letting on," Tonks said thoughtfully. "Too bad we can't give her Veritaserum."

"Might not even do any good," Lupin replied. "It's become so unreliable since everyone realised how to block the effects of it."

Tonks nodded and gave her husband a hug. She knew how hard this case was on him. He hadn't slept much and he seemed most of the time as if he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

"Guess I'd better get down to question Dennis," Lupin reached for his wand. "I've got to be back early tonight to take my potion."

"Don't forget," Tonks said giving him a quick kiss. "Love you."

"Love you," Lupin smiled at her. "I'll see you for dinner at home later."

Lupin took the lift down to the Portkey office and as soon as the doors pinged open, he saw Luna Lovegood waiting.

"Hello, Mr. Lupin," Luna said politely.

"Luna," he said nodding his head as he stepped out of the lift. "What are you doing down here?"

"I um..." she fiddled with a quill she had stuck behind her ear. "Just visiting a friend."

"Dennis Creevey?" Lupin asked peering at her.

She visibly started. "Yes..."

"I see," Lupin said nodding. "I was just heading that way myself."

"Oh?" Luna asked, a strange feeling of dread penetrating her stomach.

Lupin prided himself on always being able to read people and right now, he could see right through Luna Lovegood. She knew much more than she was letting on and he wished that she trusted him enough to tell him what that was.

"Nothing about the case, of course," Lupin lied. "Tonks and I are planning on taking a holiday soon. She prefers portkey travel."

"How lovely," Luna nodded, her arms wrapped around herself. "Where are you thinking of going?"

"Somewhere no one could find us," Lupin said thoughtfully. "I hear Dennis has a way of setting things like that up."

Luna's feeling of dread intensified. She wondered just how much Remus Lupin knew. "I heard that too," she said as her mobile began to ring.

Lupin watched as Luna stood there ignoring the phone. "You should get that..."

"Um... right..." she dug in her bag and her heart sank when she saw the New Orleans number on the screen.

"I'll leave you to it," Lupin said smiling at her. "You take care, Luna."

She nodded as she flipped the mobile open. "Hello..." she said quietly, turning away from Lupin.

Lupin turned the corridor and waited, trying to hear her conversation.

"This isn't really a good time," he heard her say in a hushed tone.

He pressed further to the corner, trying as hard as he could to listen in.

"No... Nothing new on Molly," Luna said in a low voice. "Nothing from Ginny either. I'll keep you both posted I promise."

Lupin fought the urge to go back down the hall and grab the phone from Luna. He wanted to know that they were doing okay. Still, there was no guarantee Luna was talking to Harry and Hermione.

"I really do need to go," Luna said hurriedly. "But tell him Happy Birthday for me."

Lupin tensed as he heard that- he knew Harry's birthday was July 31st.

"I'll ring you both later on," Luna said. "Alright... bye."

Lupin watched as Luna clicked off the phone and stuffed it into her bag. Within moments, she'd disappeared into the lift.

Lupin closed his eyes for a moment. He knew after visiting with Dennis Creevey he'd be taking a little trip over to the Quibbler office to find out exactly what Luna Lovegood knew.

Luna remained tense the rest of the morning. She could barely concentrate on her article and the floor beside her desk was littered with crumpled pieces of parchment. With a sigh, she pushed her quill away and put her head in her hands. Something tickled her hand and she looked up to see Ron standing there with a single red rose in his hand.

"And not a single nargle on it," he said smiling at her.

"Hi," she said, a genuine smile appearing on her face for the first time. "That's for me?"

"No," he said dryly. "It's for that woman up front with the blue hair. She's quite a looker."

"Very funny," she gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you Ronald."

"Mum says red roses are the best," he said handing it to her. "I don't really know your favourite flower..."

"Red roses are lovely," Luna conjured up a small vase and put it in there. "I love any flower."

Ron scuffed his feet on the carpet. "I'm actually here to ask you something."

"What's that?" she asked.

He suddenly felt quite shy and nervous and didn't know what to say. He'd never had this problem with Hermione because they'd known each other for years before he'd finally plucked up the nerve to ask her out. This was quite different and he didn't want to screw this up. Things were already fragile enough between them. "Well," he began. "I have to eat and I'm sure that you have to eat...and I was thinking that if you wanted...we could perhaps...you know...go somewhere together...and eat or something..."

Luna smiled brilliantly. "Are you asking me out?"

Ron blushed. "Only if you want to..."

"I would love to," Luna said eagerly. "Absolutely love to!"

"Really?" he asked smiling back at her. "Okay! Great! We can go anywhere you want..."

"I'm sure I'd like whatever you like," Luna fiddled with her hair. "I'm not very picky."

He grinned. "You look beautiful today, by the way. Not that you don't all the time, but today...wow."

"Thank you," she said shyly as he drew closer. Luna hoped desperately that Ron would kiss her again.

"Do you think anyone would mind if I did?" he asked as if he could read her mind. "Your dad...."

"I don't think he'd mind," Luna whispered.

Ron smiled at her before softly pressing his lips to hers.

Luna ran her hands up over his shoulders as she closed her eyes, kissing him back.

"Why haven't we been doing this all along?" Ron asked when they pulled apart.

"I don't know... Luna replied dazedly. Her most wild, wicked dreams seemed to finally be coming true. She pulled him close and impulsively kissed him again.

Ron rested his forehead on hers. "I don't know where this all came from."

"I just know I like it," she said a bit shyly.

"Me too," he said squeezing her hand. "So...what are you working on?"

"Just an article for my father," Luna said.

"You know, you never did get around to writing that article on me," Ron teased.

"I got a little sidetracked," Luna smiled at him. "But now I'll write an even better one than before."

Ron touched her cheek. "I hope you leave out certain things..."

"I'm not leaving out your boxers," Luna teased.

"You want me to pose with them on?" Ron joked.

"Only for me," she joked, kissing him again.

For the first time in weeks, Ron actually felt optimistic and happy. He was looking forward to tonight and to getting to know Luna even more.

"Luna, Ron," someone said from the doorway breaking them apart.

"Professor?" Ron asked. "What are you doing here? Did you find a lead?"

"I think so," Lupin said levelling his gaze at Luna. "Is there something you want to tell me, Luna?"

"About what?" Luna asked that nasty feeling of dread back in her stomach.

"Where are they Luna?" Lupin asked folding his arms. "If you know, you need to tell me. I want to help them."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Luna said looking away.

"Wait a minute," Ron said. "Luna..."

She looked out the window, avoiding Ron's eyes.

"You were talking to them on the telephone earlier," Lupin said quietly. "I overheard you..."

"She doesn't know where Harry and Hermione are," Ron said loyally. "She wouldn't have helped them, sir."

"I um... was talking to someone else," Luna stammered, wondering how Lupin had found out.

"I can get your phone records," Lupin said. "Luna, please. If you know where they are, you have to tell me. I want to help him."

"Why would you want to help them?" Ron asked angrily.

"Ron---" Luna said helplessly. "You don't understand."

Ron stared at her as if he'd just met her. "Luna..." he said, his face darkening. "Please tell me you haven't known all along where they are. Tell me you haven't made me look like the biggest fool ever..."

"They're my friends, Ronald," Luna said choosing her words carefully. The last thing she wanted to do was lose him now, not after they'd come so far. "I wanted to help them because...."

"Tell him where they are!" Ron practically roared at her.

"Ron," Lupin began quietly. "I really need to speak to Miss Lovegood alone."

Ron glared at Luna. "If you don't tell him where they are, you and I are through. Done."

"Ron please," Luna begged. "Just listen to me I--"

He shook his head. "I'm out of here."

"Please don't leave," Luna's eyes were filled with tears.

"I trusted you," he said trying very hard to keep his own emotions in check. "More than anyone, I trusted you. And you let me down, just like Harry and just like Hermione. How could you have done this to me...to my family?"

"I've been trying to help," Luna pleaded. "Just hear me out Ronald and you'll understand."

"How the hell do you think you've helped?" Ron asked her in disbelief.

"Ron---" Lupin said putting a hand on his shoulder.

"This is bullshit," Ron brushed Lupin's hand away. "You should fucking arrest her for helping them escape."

"I think I should talk with her before any decisions are made," Lupin said calmly.

"I'm out of here," Ron said again, casting angry looks at both of them. "Don't bother coming over anymore," he said to Luna. "I don't need any more traitors in my life."

"Ronald!" Luna called after him but he'd already stalked out of the office.

"Luna," Lupin sat down. "I need you to tell me everything. Immediately. I don't want to have to take you in for this... and that's putting my job in jeopardy as well. Do you understand?"

Luna wiped at her eyes. "I gave them my word, Professor Lupin. I can't tell you where they are."

Lupin sighed. "Look..." he began. "I understand they're your friends. Harry's like a son to me- that's why I want to find them before someone else does. Do you know how many people worldwide are searching for them?"

Luna nodded. "Can I ask you something, sir?"

"Of course," Lupin replied.

"You were best friends with Harry's mum and dad, right?" Luna asked. "You wouldn't have given them up for anything, would you? If you gave them your word, you wouldn't go back on it, right?"

"You aren't giving them up," Lupin was starting to grow frustrated. "Miss Lovegood, the last thing I want to have to do is take you to the Ministry so that everyone finds out you've known where they are. But if I have to do that, I will."

"I promised them," Luna said quietly.

"You're leaving me no choice," Lupin said in a resigned tone.

"What are you going to do?" she asked him.

"I'm going to have to take you into the Ministry and recommend you be given Veritaserum," he said. "If that doesn't work we'll have to hold you until they're located."

Luna felt as if everything in her world was falling apart and she couldn't imagine what Ron was thinking of her now. And she didn't want to think about what life would be like locked up in the Ministry but she had given her word and she wasn't going to go back on that now.

"Okay," she said softly.

"You must think this through," Lupin's brow creased. "You don't understand- you won't get a private cell like Harry did. You could be put into lock up with someone very dangerous and I won't be able to do anything to protect you."

As if things could get any worse, her mobile phone began to ring and she and Lupin both looked at it. Before Luna could pick it up, he grabbed it.

"Harry?"

He heard a gasp on the other end and then a dial tone.

"Tell me now," he levelled his gaze at Luna. "Where. Is. Harry?"

"If you found him, what would you do?" Luna asked.

"I don't know yet," Lupin admitted. "I still want to find who truly did this... but I would tell Harry he can't keep running."

"He'd go to Azkaban," Luna said. "Hermione, too. Is that what you want?"

"Of course not," Lupin replied.

"Can you give me another couple of days, please?" Luna asked. "I'll tell you everything I've found out and we can work together to find out who really did this. Please."

Lupin sighed heavily, feeling truly old for the first time in his life. "I'll probably be in trouble for this but as long as you promise you'll tell me everything. And I do mean EVERYTHING."

"I promise," Luna said looking earnestly at him. "You have my word."

"I am sorry about Ron," Lupin offered.

"He hates me," Luna said glumly.

"He's upset," Lupin replied. "Eventually he'll have to come around."

Luna nodded. "I hope so."

"Can you tell me one thing?" Lupin asked her.

Luna nodded wordlessly.

"Are they okay?" Lupin asked.

"Fine," Luna answered softly. "They have jobs and everything."

Lupin smiled. "I'm glad she's with him, to tell you the truth. She'll keep him out of trouble."

Luna looked at the rose Ron had given her and new tears sprang to her eyes. "I'm glad she's with him too," she said in a shaky voice.

"He will come around," Lupin said sympathetically. "Just give him some time."

"I'll um... come by your office tomorrow." Luna wiped her eyes. "I promise to tell you everything you want to know."

"First thing in the morning," Lupin said smiling reassuringly at her.

"Thank you for understanding," Luna said quietly.

"We're on the same side," Lupin told her. "Just keep that in mind."

"I know," she nodded.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning," he said before leaving her office.

She sank down into her desk chair and picked up Ron's rose. How could things have changed so quickly in such a short period of time? A few minutes ago she'd been on top of the world.

Setting the rose aside, she reached for her mobile and began to dial the now familiar number.

In their New Orleans hotel room, Hermione and Harry both stared at the telephone.

"Should we answer it?" Hermione asked.

"You answer it," Harry said. "Disguise your voice- you're better at it than me."

Hermione nodded and with her hand shaking, she picked up the phone.

"Hello?" she asked in a near perfect Southern drawl.

"Um..." Luna was surprised at the person's tone.

"Luna, is that you?" Hermione asked, switching back to her regular voice.

"Hermione," Luna said in relief.

"What's going on?" Hermione asked. "When I called earlier---"

"It's Lupin," Luna said in a hushed voice. "He's somehow found out that I know where you're both at..."

"Oh no..." Hermione whispered.

"I have to tell him everything I know tomorrow," a tear slipped down her cheek and she decided not to tell them about Ron. "So if you guys have to leave... don't tell me where you're going this time."

"Luna," Hermione said amazed at everything their friend had done for them. "We should never have put you in this position."

"I would have done it no matter what," Luna said.

"I don't even know what to say," Hermione said looking to Harry who was pacing in front of the bed. She could practically hear the wheels turning in his head. "Thank you doesn't even come close to---"

"Just don't get caught," Luna replied, her voice cracking. "Lupin says he doesn't know what will happen to you if he finds you so just don't let him."

"We'll be careful," Hermione promised. "We'll be in touch."

She set the phone down and looked at Harry.

"We should go home," he said quietly.

"Harry they'll throw you straight into Azkaban if we go back," Hermione replied.

"They'll throw her in Azkaban if we don't," he said. "Is that what you want?"

"She's going to tell Lupin we're here," Hermione thought fast. "So we'll have to leave... go somewhere else. Tonight."

Harry shook his head. "No---"

"We have to," Hermione said.

"And go where?" he asked her incredulously.

"I don't know!" she exclaimed. "But I'm not about to let you go back now Harry! Not now, when we're together like this. You will not go to Azkaban if I have anything to say about it!"

Harry opened his mouth to respond but a loud pounding on the door stopped him. Hermione felt as if her heart had stopped beating. Harry's own eyes grew large.

"Where's your wand?" he whispered. His own was somewhere in London. "Hermione---"

"I don't have it with me," she whispered desperately. "Oh God Harry..."

He held up a hand and stepped closer to the door. Looking through the peep hole, he saw a young man standing outside the door wearing a trench coat and brown hat. This was so absurd, he almost wanted to laugh. An Auror obviously trying to blend in---but it was August in New Orleans.

"Who is it?" he asked in a bad imitation of a Southern accent.

"Please let us in," the figure on the other side of the door demanded.

"Harry," Hermione frantically began throwing things into a bag. "We've got to get out of here!"

"You go," he said. "I'll hold them off---"

"No," Hermione shook her head. "We both go. Together."

"Hang on just a minute," Harry called out. "My wife's not decent---"

"Potter," the pounding grew. "We know you're in there."

Hermione grabbed the envelope of cash and stuffed it into the bag. "Harry! We have to go now!"

"Hermione--" Harry began as she grabbed onto his arm.

"Now," she said pulling at him. "We can go down the fire escape. Come on!"

"I can Apparate us," Harry said. "We'll never get out of here like that- they'll have people waiting outside."

Hermione nodded, too scared to argue.

Harry looked around the room and his eyes settled on a brochure on the table. He closed his eyes, wound his arms around Hermione, and they both disappeared as the Aurors finally managed to break the door open.

"Where are they?" Barrett asked.

McDonald sighed. "Lupin is going to have our heads for this. I told you we should have gotten authorization."

"Shit," Barrett kicked the dresser.

Meanwhile, many miles outside the city, Harry Apparated himself and Hermione in an alleyway in Terrebone Parish.

"We're in the bayou," he whispered to her.

Hermione was still shaking, unable to speak. That had been too close a call.

"Shhhh..." Harry stroked her hair. "Hermione everything's going to be okay now. They won't find us here."

She nearly collapsed in his arms. It was an empty promise that he was making for her benefit. They thought they were untouchable in their little hotel room.

"Come on," Harry looked up at the sky. While the evening had been clear in the city, out here in the bayou storm clouds were gathering. "We're going to need a new place to stay."

"Where?" she managed to choke out.

"We'll find someplace," Harry pressed his lips to her forehead. "Come on... let's just stay calm and pretend we're just on holiday."

Harry didn't want to admit that he was just as shaken up as she was so he took her hand and they left the alley, hurrying into the closest little hotel they could find.

Hermione was listless as Harry checked them in under another assumed name. Luckily, the proprietor didn't have a problem accepting cash for the room.

Harry quickly herded them into the tiny room as the skies erupted outside, hurling rain against the window. "Hermione," he said. "Come on... we're all right now."

"All right?" Hermione asked weakly as the tears she'd been holding back finally started to fall.

"For the moment," Harry hugged her to him. "We'll figure something out Hermione... come on... just relax sweetheart."

"I thought that was it," she said her voice barely above a whisper. "I thought they were going to catch us and take you away."

"We'll just have to be more careful," he pushed her hair out of her eyes.

Hermione clung to Harry, not wanting to ever let go. She knew she wasn't being a brave Gryffindor and the Sorting Hat would certainly want to rethink its decision to place her in a house known for its courage and strength. Right now, she didn't feel very courageous or strong.

Harry ran his hand down the length of her hair comfortingly. He was still shaken up from the encounter as well but forced himself to stay strong for her sake.

They held each other like that for the longest time with no words spoken. A loud clap of thunder startled Hermione and she let out a muffled cry.

"Shhhh..." Harry tightened his arms around her.

Hermione looked up at him, her eyes shining with tears. He kissed her forehead and then each of her cheeks. "I want to forget," she whispered. "Help me forget..."

"Hermione," he said softly. "I'd do anything in my power to get you out of this, you know that."

"I know," she said. "I know you would."

"I love you," he said intently. "More than anything else in this world."

Another tear trickled down her cheek as she stared up at him. "I love you too."

Harry stared at her for several seconds before leaning in and kissing her deeply.

His arms closed tightly around her as he kissed her, making her feel warm and safe.

Pushing her back onto the bed, Harry ran his hands down her body. His lips left hers and made a trail down her neck.

"I need you," she whispered arching her body against him in encouragement. "Please..."

"Hermione..." he breathed. "I want you too..."

Hermione's hands were trembling as she tugged up on Harry's t-shirt.

"I don't..." he pulled his shirt over his head. "I don't have any of that stuff... we don't have any protection Hermione..."

"I don't care," Hermione said softly. "I don't want to stop."

"I don't either," Harry crushed his mouth to hers again.

Hermione gasped into his mouth as she felt something hard against her belly. "Harry---"

"I can't stop anymore," Harry said huskily.

"Wait," she said gently pushing him away. She sat up a bit and lifted her own t-shirt over her head and tossed it on the floor. She moved to unhook her bra, but Harry's hand covered hers.

"I'll do it," he said, gently working the clasp between his fingers.

Hermione shivered as he slowly peeled her bra off. He was looking at her in a way that she'd never ever seen before. "What?" she asked softly.

"I have never seen anyone so beautiful in my life," he answered softly.

"Me?" Hermione asked suddenly feeling quite shy.

"Yeah," he answered, rubbing his thumb across her cheek. "You're amazing Hermione."

She inched closer to him on the bed and her lips feathered against his.

Harry pulled her against him as she began to fumble with his trousers. The nagging feeling of wanting to wait until a proper time started to bother him again but this time he pushed it away. He didn't care anymore- he just wanted to be with this woman more than anything.

He kicked his trousers and boxer shorts to the floor and then slowly peeled off Hermione's shorts and knickers.

Her breathing quickened as he settled back next to her on the bed.

"You sure about this?" Harry asked softly, giving her a gentle kiss.

Hermione nodded. "I've never been more sure of anything in my life."

"Okay," he smiled as he pulled her close.

He covered her face with kisses and Hermione forgot everything that had happened that night. It didn't matter now. All that mattered now was this moment and it seemed as if they were the only two people in the world.

Harry wanted to show her just how deeply he loved her as they moved against each other. Hermione's little cries were making him insane and he didn't know how much longer he could wait.

"Please," Hermione whispered against his neck. "Now...."

Without further ado, Harry positioned himself over her and pushed himself into her body.

Their eyes met and Hermione couldn't even begin to put into words how right this felt; being with him like this.

"This is amazing," Harry choked out. "Hermione you are so amazing..."

Hermione gripped his back and whimpered as he went deeper. "Harry---"

He crashed his lips back to hers again as she cried out. His whole body shuddered and he collapsed against her, trying to catch his breath.

Hermione smiled. "That was...for the first time in my life...I'm unable to come up with the right word..."

"There's a first," Harry brushed a strand of hair off her forehead. "You are an incredible woman... and you're all mine."

"Yours," Hermione agreed. "Always."

"When this is all over with," Harry continued to stroke her hair. "I'm going to marry you for real."

"What?" Hermione asked.

"I'm going to marry you," Harry's green eyes stared into hers. "If... if you'll have me."

Hermione touched his cheek and she again felt tears welling up in her eyes. "Harry---of course, I'll have you."

Harry smiled in relief as he pulled the blankets up over their bodies. She moved over and nestled herself in his arms. "I can't believe we finally made love," he spoke into her hair.

"Me too," Hermione said with a sated smile.

"You're amazing," he said again, pulling her even closer. "I can't even believe how in love with you I am."

Hermione rested her head on his chest and thought about how long she'd waited for him to say those words to her. And even though this wasn't the way she'd hoped or planned for it to play out, she couldn't deny how warm and safe she felt with him; how he'd always made her feel that way.

"Tomorrow..." Harry said drowsily. "Tomorrow we'll figure things out. Tonight I just want to hold you."

"I want that too," Hermione said closing her eyes.

Harry kissed her lips. "I love you..."

"I love you," she said kissing him back. "No one's going to find us, are they?"

"Not if I have anything to say about it," Harry replied.

"This all seems so surreal," she said softly. "I never imagined in my wildest dreams that we'd be together like this. It's everything I've always wanted..."

"Me too," Harry said. "Something I've always been looking for and it's you."

Hermione smiled. "And you want to marry me."

"As soon as possible," he stroked her cheek.

"I want my parents to be there," Hermione said almost able to picture it in her mind. "And my father to give me away. And have all our friends and family there..."

"Anything you want," Harry nodded. "It's all yours."

Hermione kissed him. "I want to be with you always."

"You will be," Harry promised. "And I'll never leave you, not ever."

"Make love to me again," she whispered.

"You're not too tired?" Harry grinned at her.

Hermione shook her head and then nuzzled his neck. "Are you?"

"Not for you," Harry pulled her on top of him.

As he kissed her, Hermione made a silent promise that no one would ever come between them. They'd already been through hell and back and she'd do anything she had to do to keep him here with her.