Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Prophecy by moogle
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Prophecy

moogle

Disclaimer: I do not own any Harry Potter or Final Fantasy characters etc.

Warning: No spoilers. (AU)

Chapter 10: The Mist Has Cleared

It just couldn't be. There was no way she could be gone. She had been right there in the room and now she had vanished. Harry felt anger surge through him, which he had never felt before.

She was so quiet and vulnerable. He swore he would be by her side and he had let her slip through his fingers. She had said she knew she would be safe with him. Hadn't she said she wasn't scared if he was with her? But what good was he. He had done nothing.

Harry yelled and punched the wall. This just was not fair. How was he supposed to do anything? He couldn't even protect Hermione.

"Harry we have to tell the others" Damien said quietly.

Harry nodded breathing heavily. "Go tell them Damien."

Harry heard the door shut behind Damien and sat down on Hermione's bed. There was nothing for it. She was gone.

OOOOOOOO

Everyone was standing outside the inn. The day reflected Harry's feelings. The rain was pounding hard and the sky was a deep black, a cold wind whipped their faces.

"Harry, are you listening?"

"I'm listening" Harry said turning to face Locke.

"I said we are going to split into two groups. Marcus, Yuffie, and Ron will look for Hermione. Me, you, Quina and Damien will continue to look for Maiya."

Harry nodded.

"Don't worry Harry. We'll find her soon." Yuffie said reassuringly.

Harry watched as the three warriors headed off into the stormy distance. He wanted to go with them but he knew he had to find Maiya.

"Lets go Harry" Locke said.

OOOOOOOOOOOOO

The journey had been rough. They had gone from village to village, asking for news of Maiya. Nobody had seemed to know who she was or where she was. They had fought several monsters and all four of them were tired and hungry. They couldn't risk staying in the villages anymore for fear of being followed by Kefka's men, especially after they were branded traitors.

It had come as a large shock to them when they heard King Edgar had been murdered. And strangely enough they were labelled the murderers. It was lucky they had split up but they were still suspicious to the villagers.

"We should find somewhere for the night. Any further and we will become vulnerable for attack. I think there is a cave round here." Locke said pointing towards the mountains.

They made their way towards the mountains and finally reached a cave. It was so dark they could only see the entrance and a swirling darkness inside.

"I guess we should go in". Damien said quietly.

Harry walked forward saying quietly "Lumos." His wand alight, he led the way into the cave.

"Do you see anything Harry?" Locke said softly.

Harry came back to the entrance. "I think you should look at this"

Damien and Locke all followed Harry into the cave but Quina ran off "In search of yum yums" as s/he phrased it. In the cave there were drawings all along the wall, and writing, which Harry couldn't understand. The ground of the cave was littered with small personal belongings and there was a bed in the corner.

"It looks like someone has been living here." Harry whispered.

"Who is there?" A low voice called from the shadows.

Harry and Locke looked at each other.

"Who are you?" Locke asked.

"The boy with the mark may stay. You two must leave."

"We aren't leaving Harry!" Damien shouted.

"It's ok. I'll be fine" Harry said.

Locke and Damien left the cave to wait outside.

"Come closer boy". The low voice said

Harry walked towards the shadows; an image began to form by the wand light. A woman was standing in the shadows leaning heavily on a staff. Her face was ancient with wrinkles, and her eyes were a silvery white. Her white hair was pulled back in a plait and her robe hung loosely around her. She looked very old.

"Ahh, yes. You must be Harry." The woman said smiling.

"That's right," Harry said cautiously "And who, may I ask, are you?"

"I am Maiya".

"Maiya." Harry said quickly "But I've been-"

"Looking for me. I know." She said smiling at Harry's surprised look. "I have been wanting to meet you for so long. I didn't think it would be in my life time."

"But how do you know who I am?" Harry asked.

"I made a prophecy one hundred years ago," She laughed at Harry's expression" Yes I am very old am I not. You see I am not like a normal human. I may not see with my earthly eyes but I have the ability to see beyond this world. And I saw you. A boy of sixteen from another world who would come here destined to save the world, with help from a sixteen year old girl."

"But how do I do that now that Hermione is gone." Harry said quietly.

"You are troubled Harry? You do not realise your potential. It is lying untapped in your heart. Do not worry about what has happened."

"But… Hermione. She was taken."

"Ahh, yes, I'm afraid she will not be with us for much longer. You must go to her Harry. Only you can bring her back."

"Where can I find her?"

"In Voldemort's castle, which lies in the far north."

"Thank you Maiya."

"Believe in yourself, and you will find your power, but remember you and Hermione must join in power, unite with each other. That is the only way to defeat Voldemort. You must get her back... or we will all die".

OOOOOOOOOOOOO

"How did it go?" Locke asked.

"We're going north. Hermione is being held captive in Voldemort's castle."

"Well let's get going" Damien shouted

"What about Quina?" Harry said looking around.

"Lets just leave it here. S/he will find us". Damien muttered.

Harry ignored Damien and stared into the north. "Don't worry Hermione. We're coming for you."

A/N: You know the drill. Review please.


-->