Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Prophecy by moogle
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Prophecy

moogle

Disclaimer: I do not own any Harry Potter or Final Fantasy characters etc.

Warning: No spoilers. (AU)

A/N: I know some of you are worried about the rushed feeling of the plot. But just keep in mind this was my first fanfic, and I am simply fixing up the errors where needed, because I want to stick to my original story as much as possible.

Phantom Forest

Harry's legs were killing him. It felt like they had been walking for hours and it seemed like they were no closer to wherever it was they were heading.

Harry was beginning to feel frustrated. They had not said so much as word to him about where they were going or what they were doing. All he knew was that they wanted him to help them defeat a person named Kefka and some Evil Voldemort guy. Harry felt something stir in his brain. Why was the name Voldemort so familiar...

"We'll be coming to the Phantom Forest soon so be careful", Locke said turning to face Harry.

"Er..Phantom Forest?" Harry did not like the sound of that at all. "Why is it called the Phantom Forest?"

Ron looked at Harry bewildered, "It's called the Phantom Forest because it is rumoured to be haunted by evil spirits, but surely you know that?"

Locke laughed, "What back water place did you come from?"

Harry felt himself at a loss what to say. He didn't want to look like a loony saying he was from another world but it was the truth...

"There it is!" Ron interrupted pointing to a sinister looking forest.

The trees all intertwined one with another and looked as if they leered down at you. Their gnarled branches twisted into grotesque shapes, creating a wall around the forest. Harry couldn't decide whether they were keeping people out or keeping people in; all he knew was there was a deep sense of apprehension in his stomach.

Harry swallowed hard and looked at the two men; both seemed a little hesitant.

"You have been in here before right?" Harry asked not really sure if he wanted to know the answer.

"No" Locke and Ron said in unison.

Harry swallowed again and stared at the intimidating forest, for a minute he thought he saw a face, but when he looked again it had gone.

"Ahem, well…shall we go in then?" Ron said still looking apprehensive.

They nodded and entered into the dark depths of the forest.

OOOOOOOOOOOO

They had been walking for an hour.

Locke seemed to be checking something in his hands, a confused expression on his face.

Ron turned and looked at him with a frustrated expression in his eyes. "Locke please tell me you know where we are going?"

A slight flush crept into Locke's face "Uhh...I think we are lost".

"But you've been checking the map!" Ron yelled.

"I stole the wrong map," Locke mumbled looking the other way.

Ron let out a sound of exasperation and started arguing with Locke.

Not wanting to be caught up in it Harry walked away from the clearing.

Well, Harry thought, so far nothing had tried to hurt them. In fact the walk had been quite peaceful, despite the ominous feelings Harry continued to have.

Suddenly he heard a swishing sound up in the trees. Looking up he saw the leaves rustle as the sound of loud laughter rung round the forest. Ron and Locke stopped arguing immediately, fearful expressions etched into their faces.

Something flew past Harry's head with an odd ringing sound. Harry ducked and tried to get back to the others, tripping over a tree root on the way. He fell to the ground with a loud thump. Coughing slightly Harry looked up and saw two feet. He sat up with a jerk and saw a girl standing before him holding a very sharp spear. Her hair was raven black, like Harry's, and she had sparkling dark blue eyes that twinkled with mischief. The girl thrust her spear inches from Harry's face. Harry stood up, his eyes following the spear. The girl laughed and Harry recognised the loud laugh he had heard before.

"Hah, travellers" she scoffed, she gave a mischievous smile at Harry, "Well since you are here, you have to pay the price" The girl smiled even more.

"Er... price?" Harry said, still eyeing the spear.

Ron and Locke came hurrying over.

The girl leapt around facing them. "Hand over your stuff and I might let you go".

Ron Laughed. "Please. There is only one of you and three of us. What could you possibly do?"

Harry thought Ron had a point but to his surprise the girl grinned evilly. "This is my forest and you are not welcome. So unless you give me all your valuables I'm not letting you pass".

"Wait a minute," Ron said, "You're the evil spirit aren't you?" He went off into a peel of laughter. The girl tapped her foot and glared at him. Catching his breath he looked at her. "We'll be going now".

The three of them started to walk away from the girl, who ran forward.

"Oh no you don't!" The girl yelled and pulled a branch. Harry Ron and Locke all yelled as the ground beneath them fell away. They slid down in what seemed was a tunnel through one of the trees. Coming to rest at the bottom they realised they were in a cage.

"Ow." Harry groaned. Gingerly he stood up and rubbed his elbow. "Where are we?"

Ron scowled slightly, "It seems we're underground."

Locke sat down and stared out the cage. "I guess we'll just have to wait."

Harry nodded and flopped back down on the ground.

After several minutes the girl came strolling in and smiled at them. There was a boy there with her this time. He looked about twelve and was wearing a top hat and a jacket that was much too big for him, which had several pockets that were bulging slightly.

"That will teach you," The girl said smugly

"Who are you?" Ron asked furiously.

"I" said the girl. "I am the infamous Yuffie, best thief in all the lands!"

The young boy coughed. "Oh and this is Damien, my sidekick" Yuffie said carelessly.

Ron snorted. "I've never heard of you so you can't be that famous"

Yuffie glared at him. "Well you can say what you like but you are all my prisoners."

Harry sighed things seemed to be going from bad to worse. How were they supposed to get out of this one...


-->