Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Prophecy by moogle
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Prophecy

moogle

Disclaimer: I do not own any Harry Potter or Final Fantasy characters etc.

Warning: No spoilers. (AU)

Chapter 15: A New Beginning

Tinkah stood on a large balcony facing the multitude. Laughing children were throwing flowers, people were singing and the sun shone down out of a crystal blue sky, smiling at the celebrations.

"People of Gaia! Today we celebrate a new beginning. Voldemort and Kefka have been defeated." Tinkah shouted holding out his arms.

The people cheered and clapped loudly.

"But today we also celebrate the crowning of a new King". Tinkah smiled and gestured to Marcus.

Marcus walked forward and stood by Tinkah.

Harry watched as Tinkah placed his hands on Marcus' head and began to speak, "By the authority that rests within in me, I make Marcus Julien Tribal, King of Gaia".

Tinkah placed a beautiful crown upon his head. "May you rule us well," He smiled standing away from Marcus who stood up and shook Tinkah's hand.

The people laughed and the music started; the festive air was infectious.

Harry looked around and saw Ron and Yuffie laughing and talking with another, their hands intertwined. Quina was eating food at the table, ignoring everything around.

Beatrix was standing by Damien, her hand resting on his shoulder. Harry smiled, as it was only yesterday Beatrix had realised Damien was her son who she had believed to be dead. It must have been fate that had reunited them; their joy and love was beautiful to behold.

Harry watched Hermione taking a sip of her drink. She looked up and smiled that same smile with her eyes. Harry smiled back and walked over.

"Ahh Harry, Hermione I wanted to speak to you." Tinkah said walking over.

"I heard what had happened when you fought Voldemort." He said smiling

"I would have expected no less." Said a woman from behind Tinkah.

"Maiya" Harry exclaimed.

"I'm very proud of both of you. I knew you could call holy." Said Maiya smiling.

"Is that what it was?" Harry asked Maiya.

"Holy is the most powerful form of magic. Only two people with a strong bond of pure love can call it. You did that."

Tinkah smiled. "Not only that but you managed to defy death again Harry."

"Yes, I couldn't understand it at all." Harry said looking at them.

Maiya smiled, "It was Hermione that saved you Harry".

"Me?" Hermione said bewildered.

"Yes. Your summon saved him" Maiya answered seriously.

"But my summons were destroyed." Hermione said shaking her head.

"Not this one. This summon lives deep within your heart. It is a very part of you."

Hermione looked at her shocked.

"Your love for Harry awoke the summon in you."

"So how did I save him?" Hermione asked confused.

"Can't you guess?" Maiya asked gently.

Hermione shook her head.

Maiya smiled, "You see Hermione, if I'm not mistaken the summon that lies within you is a phoenix."

"Oh." Hermione said, as realisation came to her.

"Yes. The tears you shed out of love healed him and brought him back to life."

Tinkah and Maiya smiled at Hermione and Harry and walked away to join the festivities.

"I guess I should thank you for bringing me back." Harry said grinning.

"I only did what I wanted to" Hermione said looking at him shyly.

OOOOOOOOOOOO

The celebrations went long into the night. Harry sat with Hermione on a small bench under a beautiful tree covered with pink blossoms. The pale moon lit up the blossoms giving them a silvery unearthly glow.

"Hermione" Harry began.

"Yes," Hermione answered staring at the stars.

"You know I'll have to go back home soon..."

"I know..." Hermione said softly.

"Maiya told me how I can get back...I..."

"Harry stop!" Hermione said putting a finger to his lips. "Do you remember in the cave after you saved me from Gerad. You told me you'd never leave my side. Well, now it's my turn... Harry, wherever you go, I'll be right there with you. I'll follow you no matter where it is. Even into the other world."

Harry took Hermione's hands in his, "Are you sure?" he said staring at her anxiously.

"I'm sure," she said firmly.

Harry leant towards her and kissed her softly on the lips. "Thank you Hermione" he whispered in her ear.

OOOOOOOOOOO

Everyone over their journey stood gathered around Harry and Hermione smiling at the young couple. It was a sad day but also a happy one. Although they knew they would probably never see Harry and Hermione again, they were content knowing the couple would be happy.

Yuffie and Ron walked over to Harry and Hermione. "You two take care." Ron said carelessly patting Harry on the back.

Yuffie leant over and hugged Hermione and Harry, "We'll miss you."

"What will you do now?" Harry asked.

Yuffie smiled, "Me and Ronaldius are going back to my home town. We need to get things back to normal."

Ron nodded his head, "Although the evil has been vanquished in this land, the effects of the war are still there. We're going to help rebuild the homes that were lost."

Hermione smiled, "I know you can do this."

Beatrix smiled, "And they won't be doing it alone. My army is at your disposal young generals. I too would like to get my life back to normal. I have retired, and am looking forward to a peaceful life with my son."

Damien nodded and grinned. Quina looked at him, "Don't forget me."

Damien scowled, "Oh yeah. Quina has been hired as the castle Chef. I think they're crazy. S/he will just eat all the food!"

Harry and Hermione laughed.

Marcus walked forward and smiled. "Although you are leaving our World for your own, we shall always remember what you have done for us. The blessing of Figaro is upon you. You have our thanks."

Harry looked at Marcus. "Thanks. I know you'll be a great King."

Hermione smiled, "We'll never forget what you did for us, my King.

Tinkah walked forward, "The portal is opening are you ready to go back?"

Harry and Hermione nodded.

Tinkah pulled out a book that Harry recognised as the one from the Hogwarts library. He began to read from the book in a commanding voice.

Harry watched as the world began to blur in front of him. He could see Yuffie and Ron waving. Beatrix, Quina and Damien were smiling and waving. Marcus nodded his head and Tinkah and Maiya smiled. He held on to Hermione's hand tightly and felt the light surround them.

Harry opened his eyes and looked at Hermione. They were standing in a circular room and at the desk sat Dumbledore.

"Harry?" Dumbledore said curiously. "How on earth did you get here?"

"It's a long story Professor" Harry said looking at Hermione.

"Oh I'm sure you'd love to put it off Harry but I'm all ears and we have all the time in the world" Dumbledore said smiling at Hermione.

Harry looked at his Headmaster, "Well it all started with this book I found..."

END

A/N: I just want to thank everyone who read this story. Even if you didn't review at least you read it, which makes me happy. A very big thankyou to all who reviewed, you guys are wonderful. Please please please tell me what you think of the story.


-->