Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Prophecy by moogle
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Prophecy

moogle

Disclaimer: I do not own any Harry Potter or Final Fantasy characters etc.

Warning: No spoilers. (AU)

A/N: I know some of you are worried about the rushed feeling of the plot. But just keep in mind this was my first fanfic, and I am simply fixing up the errors where needed, because I want to stick to my original story as much as possible.

Captives of A Heartless Shrew

For about the fiftieth time Ron stated venomously how much he loathed that Yuffie girl.

Locke sniggered "I saw the way you were looking at her...You know you liked her Ron..."

Ron snorted "Yeah that was until she ruined it by talking."

Locke smiled at Ron, "Admit it. You like her"

"No I don't" Ron flared, "Besides she is much too young..."

Harry and Locke both looked at Ron, who seemed to have gone a bit red. Locke sniggered again saying in a very teasing way "Ohh so you did think about her in that way. Besides, she's not that young. I'd say she was about seventeen or eighteen. Not much younger then yourself Ronaldius Weasley"

They heard footsteps coming towards them and immediately stopped talking.

"Speak of the devil" Ron muttered.

Yuffie was strolling towards them, closely followed by Damien. They stopped in front of the cage. Yuffie smirked at them in a way Ron was quickly beginning to hate.

"Well, well--", she began when an almighty scream rung through the air. Distracted Yuffie looked at Damien. "Keep watch on them. I'll go check it out" and with that she left the room.

Damien sat down in a seat and started going through a small bag he had pulled from his pocket.

Harry looked around. Ron and Locke were both listening intently to hear whether any more screams would be heard. Harry began to idly play with his wand. Slowly he looked from the wall to his hands at the wand, which he was twirling round, and round in his fingers. As Harry stared at the wand a feeling of complete stupidity overcame him. He, Harry, was a wizard and yet here he was sitting in a locked cage.

It must have been this world, he thought dumbly. No one else can use magic so I guess I forgot.

Harry looked again at Damien. He was still absorbed by the little bag. Quietly pointing his wand at the lock he whispered "Alohamora".
There was a small clicking noise of the padlock unlocking. Ron and Locke looked stunned, but Harry quickly put a finger to his mouth gesturing to Damien who was still playing with the bag. Ron nodded and crept over; he banged his sword hilt just hard enough to knock Damien out without hurting him. An odd satisfied expression came over Ron and Harry knew Ron had felt great delight in silencing Damien who had spent the last hour and a half hitting Ron with a stick through the cage bars and calling him stupid names...

Quickly the three of them left through the gap they had seen Yuffie go through not so long before. They were astonished to find themselves in a circular room, which looked like it had been carved into the tree trunk itself. Or, Harry thought, were they underground? He couldn't really tell.

Locke hit Harry on the arm and pointed to a rope dangling from a hole in what would be the roof. One by one they climbed up the rope coming out to the place Harry had first met Yuffie.

"Ahh. Finally, some fresh air." Ron said stretching.

Harry had an uneasy feeling. "Something's not right," He said more to himself then the others.

Ron and Locke looked at him in surprise.

"Come to think about it" Ron said slowly. "Where did that scream come from before?"
All three of them had momentarily forgotten about the scream in their excitement at escaping. Then just like the other time, they heard the ear splitting scream. It sounded desperate, Harry thought, as if someone was in terrible danger.

Crashing noises started coming closer of branches being parted and crushed under feet. Locke and Ron both pulled out their swords and Harry pulled out his wand. To their great surprise they saw Yuffie running towards them. She stopped by them panting for breath not even bothering to ask how they got out. But the crashing noises had not stopped. They were getting louder and louder and all four of them stared apprehensively at the now rustling tress. Harry watched as a girl came stumbling through the trees, it looked as though every moment cost her an effort. Looking up at him for a moment she seemed to sway and then collapsed in a heap on the ground just in front of him. But the girl had not come alone. Several shadowy forms that looked like they were made from black mist were gliding towards them.

"Ghoulies" Locke muttered. Harry looked at Locke and saw he had a fearful expression on his face.

Ron shouted, "Harry protect the girl" before him, Yuffie and Locke all ran ahead towards the mass of now swarming ghoulies.

Harry stood in front of the unconscious girl. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know what spells would work against these monsters. He had never even heard of them before.

One of the monsters was edging its way from the group and was drifting up towards Harry. Harry yelled "Stupefy" but nothing happened, the black mist monster kept coming.

Suddenly Harry felt a dull sensation near his heart. Looking behind him in horror, he saw one of the creatures trying to force itself into his chest. Terror stricken Harry sent every jinx he knew at the mist creature, but everything seemed to just fly right through it.

Fog started to cloud his senses. He was going to die, Harry thought fearfully. The pain in Harry's heart was so intense that an overpowering faintness came over him. Collapsing to the ground next to the girl, he watched as her lifeless body slid in and out of focus. Harry saw odd shadows flicker before his eyes, and someone was laughing manically.

But Harry saw and heard no more; he had passed out cold.

A/N: Review please. I would like to know what you think so far.


-->