Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Prophecy by moogle
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Prophecy

moogle

Disclaimer: I do not own any Harry Potter or Final Fantasy characters etc.

Warning: No spoilers. (AU)

Chapter 14: The Hero Retires

Harry recognised Voldemort as the man in his dreams. "You... you're the one who killed my parents."

"That's right". Voldemort answered.

"Why?" Harry asked glaring at Voldemort.

"Because of a prophecy. I was told you would destroy me." Voldemort's lip curled into a sneer, "I went to your home to get rid of you but your parents got in the way. I killed them and moved on to you, but I could not kill you. The spell I cast was reflected back to me and I was torn in both body and spirit. For years I wandered around our world and then I found an opening and came to this world. My powers were restored and I set about instantly to find a way to kill you. And I found it." Voldemort said laughing.

Harry stared at him. "You're pathetic. You do all of this, so that you can kill me?"

"Pathetic am I?" Voldemort spat, and for a minute he looked quite mad. "What's pathetic is that fool Maiya thinking you and that silly girl could defeat me, the greatest wizard ever."

Voldemort walked forward menacingly, "I found out why I could not kill you. It was because of your mother. She sacrificed herself for you and so I could not touch you. But that does not matter now. This world has given me power enough to hurt you."

Voldemort pulled out his wand and yelled "Crucio."

Harry fell to the ground in pain clutching his forehead.

"Yes it hurts doesn't it." Voldemort said laughing at Harry.

Kefka giggled, "Kill him! Kill him now!"

"You stay out of this." Voldemort hissed. "Go get the girl."

Kefka grumbled but left.

Voldemort leered down at Harry, who was in agony on the floor. "I'm not going to kill you just yet. I want to make you suffer as you made me when you took my powers!"

Harry looked up at him fearfully but was once again hit with the Cruciatus curse.

It's too late, Harry thought, He's too powerful…. I'm going to die…

OOOOOOOOOO

"This is all very interesting." Beatrix said holding a hand to her head. "So Voldemort has Hermione now."

Damien nodded.

"This is very bad. Harry cannot defeat Voldemort unless he unites his powers with Hermione. We must help them!" Beatrix said firmly.

Damien sat up. "You'll help us."

"Yes. We shall go to the castle to help your friends. They will need as much help as they can get." Beatrix answered standing up. "Captain!"

"Yes General." a soldier said coming in the tent.

"Prepare the troops, we're going for attack. We leave at Dawn."

"Yes Sir." The soldier said saluting and leaving the tent.

Beatrix looked at Quina and Damien, "I suggest you two get ready. We have a long day ahead of us."

OOOOOOOOOO

Ron Yuffie and Marcus walked towards the castle. It was rather creepy, with big towers and gargoyles leering down at them. But machines had been added to it, so that it looked like some weird monster instead of a castle.

"You sure Hojo is in there?" Ron asked frowning.

"Yes, there is his laboratory". Marcus replied pointing to a large building by the castle.

Ron and Yuffie and Marcus walked forward. They had already sent their troops to kill the surrounding soldiers in a surprise attack. Now there was only Hojo.

They pushed open the doors and could hear manic laughter coming from the room.

"My creations are perfect. Mwahahah, I shall destroy them all!" Hojo shouted reaching his hand out to push a button.

"Hey psycho, I'd take your hand away if I were you." Ron shouted throwing his sword so it flashed past Hojo's head."

"Ahhhh!" Hojo screamed turning to face them.

"Now that I have your attention." Ron smirked walking forward.

"You can't stop it" Hojo said hysterically. "I've already sent my monsters to Voldemort's castle. Your friends will die!"

Yuffie threw her spear into his leg. "Shutup you crazy old fool!"

Hojo grasped his leg and yanked out the spear. To their surprise he laughed. "So you're going to kill me are you?" His eyes bulged and his body began to twitch. "Let me give you a demonstration of my newest creation." Hojo said his voice becoming deeper with each word.

They watched horrified as his head began to extend. His body twisted painfully and began to morph into a hideous beast.

"Kill him!" Marcus shouted pulling out his sword.

They sprang forward and began to fight. Hojo swung his long arms out and knocked Marcus over. He gave a deep laugh "My powers are unmatched thanks to my technology."

"Ahhhh! You mental, you're going down!" Yuffie shouted throwing her spears.

Ron pulled out his two swords and ran forward. He climbed onto the monsters back and ran up to his head. He brought the swords together in two thrusts and chopped his head cleanly off.

"Nice one Ron" Yuffie said looking at the head on the ground as it slowly turned back into the mad scientist.

"Hey," Marcus said looking at the robots, "They're moving..."

OOOOOOOOOOOO

Harry sat up from the ground. His body felt broken and he could barely think.

"Had enough yet Harry. I wouldn't want you to die on me yet. The fun's just started." Voldemort said, an excited tone in his voice as he watched Harry's pain.

Kefka came back in the room, followed by-

"HERMIONE" Harry shouted. She was in a cage; her body was curled up on the floor. "What have you done to her?"

Voldemort laughed cruelly "Watch."

Harry watched as the cage began to glow a blood red and Hermione let out an ear splitting scream, her eyes screwed up in pain."

"STOP IT!" Harry yelled desperately.

Voldemort laughed and waved his wand. The cage stopped glowing and all they could hear were Hermione's sobs.

"Get up," Voldemort said coldly to Harry.

Harry stood up shakily.

"I want you to see her suffer."

It began to glow red once more and again Hermione began to scream.

Harry watched as Hermione twisted in pain, tears falling freely from her eyes. Blood began to fall from her hands as her nails dug in deep into her skin. The pendant at her neck was glowing. Red lights began to form from the cage walls connecting at the pendant. Harry watched as the pendant began to glow a swirling black. A horrible sound erupted from the pendant, as if a thousand people were screaming. Black light shot out and then it smashed. The shattered pieces scattered over the floor glittering in the firelight.

The cage door opened and Hermione fell to the ground sobbing.

Harry ran over and knelt down by her. "Hermione," he said gently.

"I'm sorry Harry. I couldn't stop him." Hermione whispered between sobs.

"It's ok Hermione," Harry said softly.

Harry stood up and looked at Voldemort. "I'll never let you hurt her again."

"How touching, but I'm afraid your threats are useless." Voldemort sneered.

Harry pulled out his wand and aimed at Voldemort. "Avada Kedavra!"

Voldemort dodged the jet of green light and glared at Harry.

"I think not," Voldemort said coldly, and Harry felt his wand burn into his skin. He dropped it and it snapped in two."

"No!" Harry said staring at his wand. He had no way to defend himself. Hermione's summons were destroyed, and now Harry's wand had been snapped making it useless.

Voldemort laughed. "It really is quite funny to think that people actually thought you and that pathetic girl could kill me."

Harry glared at Voldemort, hatred like he had never felt before boiling through him.

"And now you die Harry Potter." Voldemort smiled raising his wand. "Avada Kedav-"

"COME OUT YOU COWARDS!" A voice shouted through the wall. There was a loud boom and Harry felt the walls shake.

"What the?" Voldemort muttered looking at the door. "Kefka go see what's happening."

Kefka wandered over and opened the doors, he screamed and ducked as an arrow whizzed over his head.

Harry watched as thousands of men, moogles, and Qu's began to pile through the doors. Behind them stood a woman, and next to her were Damien and Quina.

Voldemort stared at them in surprise and then grabbing Harry and Hermione they vanished with a swish of his cloak.

"He's got away!" Beatrix yelled

Damien tried to follow but was stopped, as thousands of soldiers and monsters poured through the doors and ground to meet them in battle.
Sword clashed against sword, and soon the floor was littered with bodies and blood.

"KILL THEM!" Kefka was screaming. "KILL THEM ALL!!!"

Beatrix looked up and saw Kefka dancing madly and yelling. She walked over, her bloodied sword in her hand. "So we meet again Kefka."

"Heheh. Beatrix, still mourning over Steiner?" Kefka asked slyly.

Beatrix glared at him. "I'm here for my revenge."

"Killing me won't bring your lover back… Or your son" Kefka smirked.

"You're right it won't. But it will make me feel a hell of a lot better knowing a piece of scum like you is dead!" Beatrix said coldly thrusting her sword into his heart.

Beatrix watched with grim satisfaction his shock but then she noticed the lack of blood.

Kefka started to laugh. "You can't kill me Beatrix."

"What is this?" Beatrix said staring at him horrified.

"I'm an inferi. I'm already dead heheehehhehe. And look my robots have come. Now you shall die!"

Beatrix turned to look and saw three giant robots standing by the castle, she smiled at Kefka, "Are you so sure they are still yours?"

Kefka froze as he watched. The robot closest to them lifted its arm and aimed a giant canon at Kefka. Kefka stared as the missile flew towards him. "NOOOOOOOOO!" he yelled.

Beatrix watched as the missile made impact, blowing Kefka to pieces.

"Hmph" she said flicking a finger of her arm.

Yuffie waved from the cockpit in the robot. Beatrix smiled and raised her sword in salute.

OOOOOOOOOOO

Harry fell to the ground next to Hermione.

"You ok?" He said quietly.

She nodded.

Voldemort looked at them. "Pathetic" he said his lip curling. "Now you're both defenceless. You have no summons and no magic. You're no better then two muggles." He laughed a cold laugh that made the hairs on Harry's neck stand.

Voldemort circled them like a bird of prey. "Which one do I kill first? The girl, or the boy who lived?" He laughed again. "Avada Kedavra!" Voldemort shouted at Harry.

The jet of green light hit Harry square in the chest. Harry fell back into Hermione's lap, his eyes staring up at her.

"HARRY!" Hermione screamed, tears burning into her eyes.

"Hahahahah. Here lies the boy...who died" Voldemort laughed.

"Harry" Hermione said softly, gently shaking Harry's body.

"Ohh, did you love him" Voldemort mocked.

Hermione closed her eyes, as tears fell freely from her face onto Harry.

"Disgusting" Voldemort sneered. "Love is such a worthless emotion."

"You're wrong" Hermione said quietly. She looked up at the monster before her. His cold eyes stared into hers. "Love is the strongest emotion of all! It nurtures us, makes us stronger. Gives us a reason to live!"

She looked at Harry's face and touched his cheek gently, "You were my reason to keep fighting Harry," she whispered.

Hermione looked up at Voldemort. "But you. You have no one to love and no one who loves you. So why do you fight Voldemort? Why all this pointless killing?"

Voldemort looked at her oddly. "I fight for power you silly girl" Voldemort sneered; his eyes told differently.

Hermione could tell she had hit a nerve. "I pity you."

"Pity?" Voldemort said in disbelief.

"You have no one to love you. So you try bringing us all down with you. You try creating riffs in families and destroying the bonds of friendship but you will never win. Love will conquer all!" Hermione yelled passionately.

"Look what your love has done for him. Nothing, he's dead!" Voldemort spat.

"It doesn't matter. My love still burns for him and always will... In my heart!"

Voldemort stared at her. "How touching," he mocked, "So you will continue to love him even though he is dead?"

He laughed and looked at her. "I am a merciful lord. I will save you from your pain by reuniting you in death" He smiled and raised his wand.

Hermione watched as his mouth began to speak the words "Avada Kedavra." The jet of green light swam before her. It felt like an eternity as she watched it come closer to her. Closing her eyes she waited and then a pair of strong arms wrapped around her pulling her to the ground.

She opened her eyes and saw Harry on top of her shielding her.

"Harry?" she said breathlessly.

"WHAT? I KILLED YOU!" Voldemort practically screamed.

Harry got off Hermione pulling her up by the hand. "I guess I don't die that easily," he said looking surprised himself.

"But you were dead. I saw you die." Voldemort said glaring at him. "Well, no matter, I'll kill you now. You're still defenceless in my power".

'No!" Harry said firmly. "We aren't defenceless".

"What are you talking about? You have no wand and no summons to help you."

"We don't need a wand or summons. We only need each other." Harry yelled.

He put out his hand to Hermione. "You ready?" He said looking into her eyes.

She nodded and clasped his hands.

"Close your eyes Hermione. Just trust me, and whatever you do, don't let go!"

"I trust you Harry" Hermione cried.

They stood holding each other's hands; Harry looked into Hermione's eyes and nodded. They closed their eyes and Harry felt a power rise from within him.

Voldemort watched as light shot out from within them surrounding the room in a golden light. He found he could not move and stood in horror as the light encased him stopping him from escaping. His wand splintered leaving him defenceless.

Voldemort fell to the ground gasping as his life flashed before his eyes. He could feel every feeling of loneliness and pain he had ever felt, the emptiness in his heart. The light became stronger and began to press in on him. The pain was unbearable as he could feel it burning into his skin.

"NOOO! I can't die yet!" Voldemort shouted as he tried to push the light from him. But the light only got stronger. Voldemort screamed as the light entered into his body and burst into flames. The screaming increased and then there was silence.

Harry and Hermione opened their eyes and looked around the room. Voldemort's burnt skeleton lay on the ground. The smell of burnt flesh lingered in the room.

"Harry your scar." Hermione said pointing to Harry's forehead. "It's disappeared"

Harry ran his finger across his forehead and only felt smooth skin.

"He must really be gone then." Harry said staring at the body.

"Harry...I thought you had died." Hermione said touching his face, just to prove he was real.

Harry held her hand against his face. "I think I did."

"How did you come back?" Hermione asked looking into his emerald green eyes.

"I'm not sure. But...I knew I had to come back. Now that I..."

"Yes?" Hermione said moving closer

"Now that I love you." Harry said taking Hermione firmly in his arms and kissing her.

Hermione let out a sob. "I love you too... more then I could ever imagine."

Harry smiled. "I remember when it all began. You were sitting across from me at Edgar's palace. You smiled at me. I knew then, that I cared about you. But it was not until you were gone that I realised how much I loved you."

"Oh Harry, it was the same for me." Hermione cried leaning into his shoulder.

Harry put his arms around her and held her close. Knowing in his mind, he would never let her go again.

A/N: I expect reviews people. Only one chapter to go!


-->