Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Prophecy by moogle
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Prophecy

moogle

Disclaimer: I do not own any Harry Potter or Final Fantasy characters etc.

Warning: No spoilers. (AU)

The Council

Harry awoke with a start. He was lying in a soft bed in a circular room. A sweet smell of roses clung about the air. Harry sighed; He couldn't believe he was alive. The pain had been horrible, as if his very soul was being eaten from inside him. Harry was reminded forcibly of dementors; soul-sucking creatures that drew the happiness out of people. He didn't know which was worse.

Turning his head to the side he opened his mouth with a gasp as he stared at the figure in the bed opposite his. It was the girl who had collapsed in the forest. Harry watched her. Her shoulder length brown bushy hair framed a pale face. She had delicate pink lips that were slightly parted and Harry saw her chest rising slowly with each breath. The girl's eyes were shut as though she slept. She didn't look peaceful though, Harry thought. She had a crease between her eyebrows and slight frown formed on her lips.

Harry stared transfixed and then the door opened. It was not Ron, or Locke or even that crazy girl Yuffie with her sidekick. This was an old man who's long gray hair hung down his back. He had and old wizened face but his eyes were a sparkling black. They spoke wisdom and comfort. Harry didn't know why but he knew he could trust this man. Maybe it was his likeness with that aged old wizard Dumbledore, but Harry found himself feeling for the first time safe, since his time in the new world.

"Hello Harry" the man said in a deep soothing voice.

Harry was momentarily stunned. How did this man know him?

"Your friends brought you here as well as her, he gestured to the sleeping girl." There was a pause and then "You were attacked by ghoulies" he carried on. "They eat souls," he said gently at the blank look on Harry's face.

Harry was right, he thought desperately. It really had been eating his soul.

"Thankfully your friends were able to rescue you and this girl before it was too late."

Again Harry looked at the sleeping girl. She moved slightly but did not wake.

The old man ploughed on determined to give Harry the full situation. "I don't know why those ghoulies were after you."

Harry looked up, after me, he thought, what does he mean after me?

"They seemed to be attracted to you. There is something about you they yearned for. Ghoulies don't attack people willy nilly. They go after people who have something special about them. And the amount that you and this girl had following you, I think it is safe to say that there is something very special about the both of you."

Harry looked away. He did not want to think about it.

"In time you will come to understand."

Harry was staring fixedly at the other end of the room. The old man had stopped talking. Harry turned around but the old man had gone. He suddenly realised he hadn't even asked the strangers name. There was a cup of strange smelling liquid by his bed. It did not smell bad, more like honey mixed with a sweet fruit. Harry drank the drink because he was very thirsty. Almost instantly he fell asleep.

OOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Ahh you're here?" a man's voice said. It was icy and harsh.

Harry did not answer

"You don't know how long I've wanted to meet you". The man gave a cold manic laugh. It ringed around Harry's head.

"Why?" Harry asked

"To finish what I started all those year ago". The cold voice replied smoothly.

OOOOOOOOOOO

Harry awoke with a start. Cold sweat was dripping down his back. He was still in the bed. Sitting up properly he looked across at the other bed. No one was in it though. Looking around he saw a change of clothes. Harry got out of the bed, got changed and left the room.

OOOOOOOO

Harry walked into a great hall. There was a large and extravagant table with people all eating merrily and talking loudly. At the head was a man with blonde hair and the bluest eyes Harry had ever seen. He was richly clothed and was clearly very important. On the man's right was the old man Harry had talked to in the room. They were in deep conversation.

Harry looked around and was hailed cheerfully by Locke who pointed to a spare seat next to him. Harry walked over and sat down scanning the table. There were quite a lot of people, and just a little down the table from him he could see a very disgruntled Ron who was clearly not happy with the seating arrangements (He was sitting next to Yuffie) and just further from them was Damien, still wearing the absurd top hat and eating almost indecently.

Harry looked at the food in front of him and started piling up his plate. Looking across from him he saw with a jolt, the girl who had been in the bed opposite him. She was taking a sip of her drink, the goblet hiding her face except for her eyes. She looked at him and Harry noticed that her eyes smiled at him. They were a deep brown and had a very gentle look in them.

Harry's heart skipped a beat as he looked into her smiling eyes mesmerised. She was not beautiful, he thought, but something about her attracted him.

Locke, who seemed to be talking to him, suddenly caught Harry's attention. Harry hadn't even noticed Locke talking; he had been so entranced by the girl opposite him.

"W-what?" Harry mumbled as he turned to look at Locke.

"I said how do you feel?" Locke said patiently

"Fine" said Harry truthfully.

Locke smiled, "You gave us quite a scare young man, we thought you were dead."

"I'm fine" Harry repeated.

People were leaving the table now. The man at the head stood up and smiled at the people at the table. "Would all members of the Firago council please head to the chamber-" He looked at Harry and the girl- "I would also request your company, and your friends", he nodded to Harry "Please follow me".

Harry, Ron, Locke, Yuffie, Damien and the girl all stood up with a collection of other men and followed them into the side chamber. There was a large table with seats all placed around.

"Please take a seat". The man commanded.

They all sat down and looked around nervously. The people all looked very important and Harry and the others all looked very out of place amongst this extravagance.

"Who is that man", Harry whispered in Locke's ear.

"That's the King Edgar of Figaro". Locke replied.

"In light of recent events I have called this council", King Edgar said looking around at everyone. As you all know, since Kefka's murder of the Emporer we have been in a fix as to what to do with him. But he is not the major threat anymore. There is a man who has been seen around, he calls himself Lord Voldemort and is extremely dangerous. He seems to have the ability of the ancient art of magic and has already killed several people."

Several of the men began to murmur. One rather fat man with a balding head stood up. "Ahem, Excuse me King, but are you saying this Lord Voldemort has magic?"

King Edgar nodded.

The man gave a rather cold laugh, "There is no such thing as magic. It was destroyed in the Magi War, as you know. How could he possibly have magic?"

The King stared at him for a moment, "My spies tell me the man used a small wooden stick to call upon the magic powers"

Harry's heart beat furiously, was this another wizard? He pondered to himself. He noticed the girl also looked a little frightened.

Locke and Ron both looked at Harry but said nothing.

The King then looked at Harry and the girl. "Please stand"

Harry and the girl stood nervously. King Edgar smiled reassuringly.

"Your names please."

"Harry Potter", Harry said quietly.

"Hermione Granger" The girl said softly.

King Edgar nodded, "You are both sixteen are you not?

Harry and Hermione both looked at each other bewildered and nodded.

The King nodded again.

"Gentleman, and lady" He said smiling at Yuffie, "These two teenagers hold the fate of our world."

A murmur of voices broke out again. The fat man muttered, "Preposterous, they are only children"

"King Edgar acted as if he never heard. "The other day my scholars came across a book that held a prophecy. It said one boy and one girl, both aged sixteen would save our world from the clutches of evil. A lightning shaped scar would mark the boy on his forehead; the girl would wear a pendant, which would have the symbol of a holy beast surrounded by three stars... As you can see these two teenagers both bear these marks."

Harry stood there in numb disbelief. There was a prophecy made about him?
He looked at the girl Hermione who was clutching a pendant round her neck looking confused.

The men all started talking; but Harry wasn't listening. This was all too much, he thought to himself.

Kind Edgar held a hand up, everyone fell silent. "I wish to help these two children find their destinies. Our world has suffered so much and now here is our answer to freedom." He gestured to Harry and Hermione who both looked startled. "We need people to guide them through these lands. Warriors who can help them."

There was a small cough and the King looked towards the fat man. "Yes Gerad what is it?"

"I was just wondering, my lord", the fat man said silkily, "If you have noticed that we are fighting a war right now? We do not have time to be running around after silly prophecies."

The King stared at Gerad. "This is more important then anything. They must succeed!"

Ron and Locke stood up. "We will go! We have been with Harry this far and we won't let him do this alone." Ron said fiercely.

Yuffie and Damien stood up as well. "We will go too," Yuffie said boldly.

A man who had kept silent the whole time stood up. "I will go too."

Gerad looked at him furiously. "But you are my best warrior! You can't go!"

"It is my choice Gerad, and I will go."

King Edgar nodded. "Then it is settled. I am sorry we cannot give you more men but as circumstances go we should not draw too much attention to your group. You will have to travel cautiously. Kefka and Lord Voldemort's spies are everywhere."

Harry and the rest nodded. The men in the council all filed out. Gerad stopped in front of Harry sneering; he looked him up and down and then shuffled out of the room.

Now it was just Harry and his companions and the King left.

King Edgar smiled at Harry and Hermione. "You should get some sleep. You have a long day ahead of you."

"C'mon" Ron said grabbing Harry's arm. "Let's go".

Harry followed Ron out still thinking of everything he had just heard. He had a destiny, a destiny to save this world. It was so strange.

Ron looked sideways at him and Harry quickly walked off to his room to avoid any questions; he needed some time alone to think about what had happened.

A/N: Review please!


-->