Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Prophecy by moogle
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Prophecy

moogle

Disclaimer: I do not own any Harry Potter or Final Fantasy characters etc.

Warning: No spoilers. (AU)

Chapter 7: The Promise

Voices drifted to Harry's ears as he paced outside a cave.

"What happened to Hermione?"

"Has she woken yet?"

"She isn't dead is she...?"

Harry stopped pacing. Of course she wasn't dead. She was just sleeping that's all, Harry reassured himself.

Harry tried to remember what had happened. Gerad had been draining her powers, the chains had broken... she had risen into the air... her voice telling him to close his eyes, and then the blinding light...the woman. What was that thing anyway? And then she had collapsed. She had not moved since then.

They had laid her to rest in the cave, Yuffie was watching over her. The others were all gathered around the fire outside. But Harry could not rest knowing Hermione was hurt. He resumed his pacing.

"Harry." He heard Yuffie calling. "Harry can you watch her while I get some food".

Harry nodded and entered the cave. Hermione was still lying on the blankets. Her eyes shut, but she was breathing. Harry sat down next to her and held her hand. Gently he brushed the hair of her face. He saw her eyelids flutter and felt her hand tighten round his.

"Hermione" he whispered.

"Harry?" she said softly. Her eyes opened and she looked into his face the same scared expression in her eyes.

"It's ok Hermione. Your safe now." Harry said gently.

Hermione gave a sigh of relief and clutched at her pendant. "It was horrible. I thought my soul was being ripped from my body".

"I'll never let them touch you again. I promise," Harry said firmly.

"Thank you Harry" Hermione said touching his hand.

Harry looked at the pendant and then remembered.

"Hermione" Harry began

"Yes?"

"When Gerad was chanting from that book, something happened to you. The chains broke off you and then you sort of rose into the air and this light surrounded you. It came from the pendant. And a woman came from the light. She was the one that allowed us to escape."

Hermione was silent for a moment. "That was Shiva...my summon."

"Summon?" Harry said confused.

"A summon is a guardian, a creature that can be called. Their spirits reside in the pendant."

"Oh... So that woman was a summon?"

"Yes."

Harry stared at Hermione puzzled. Why hadn't she told anyone she could use summons?

Hermione sighed. "I never wanted my powers. I was so scared of them."

"Why?"

"When I was only young, my village was attacked. I must have been only five. People were being killed everywhere. I wanted to protect my village. So I used a summon. Only it went horribly wrong..."

"What happened?"

"I summoned a demon from hell. Ifrit, God of fire. But I couldn't control him. He destroyed everything. My whole village was killed... including my parents. It was my fault! I killed them all."

Tears were rolling down her face and her fists were clenched. She looked so frightened.

Harry pulled her into his arms, holding her close to him.
Hermione leaned her face into his shoulder, clutching him tightly, her tears falling freely in her sorrow.

Harry knew now why she was scared of her powers. She must have been carrying such a heavy burden, he thought to himself, as he held the weeping girl in his arms.

Hermione pulled herself away wiping her eyes. "I'm sorry Harry".

"It's ok to be scared Hermione... but your older; you can control your powers now. Your summon saved all our lives. I know it's hard, but we need your help."

Hermione nodded. "You're right. I can't be afraid anymore. I've been so selfish, but not anymore. If there is a chance I can help this world then I should try."

Harry smiled reassuringly at her and Hermione smiled back.

"I should let you rest. You need to regain your strength." Harry said standing up.

Hermione nodded and lay back down on the blankets.

"Harry" She said quietly.

"Yes?" Harry replied turning to face her.

"Promise me you'll stay with me till the end."

"I promise Hermione. As long as I am in this world, I'll protect you."

Hermione nodded and watched Harry walk out of the cave to the others gathered around the fire.

"Thank you...Harry, for everything," Hermione whispered.

A/N: I know this one is quite short.


-->