Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Prophecy by moogle
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Prophecy

moogle

Disclaimer: I do not own any Harry Potter or Final Fantasy characters etc.

Warning: No spoilers. (AU)

Chapter 9: Sweet Silence

It had been several days since they had met the moogle and talked about the prophecy. They had heard no sight or sign of Maiya.

"Look there's a village". Yuffie yelled running forward happily.

"Ohh that means beds" Damien said rubbing his hands

"And yum yums" Quina shouted greedily.

"We should get some rooms at the inn first," Marcus said smiling.

OOOOOOOOOOO

The inn was a cosy little place with a cheery innkeeper at the counter.

Ron looked at everyone and sighed, "We're going to have to share rooms. Harry, Hermione, Damien and Yuffie can share a room. Me, Locke, Marcus and Quina will share a room."

They were led to their rooms, which were very cosy with four snugly beds in each corner. Yuffie immediately whisked Hermione off to the town to look at stuff. Harry and Damien left the room to go downstairs to the tearoom.

OOOOOOOO

"Ohh, wow look at this!" Yuffie cried happily as she held up a spear.

Hermione laughed, "Do you always think about weapons."

"No. Not all the time. Hey look at this dress. I bet it would look great on you"

Hermione smiled. "I would like a new dress. My one is all ripped."

"Great we'll get this one, and I'll get this dress for me". Yuffie said grabbing the two dresses and taking them to the counter.

"Just the two dears?" A fat woman asked from behind the counter

"Yes thankyou" Hermione said taking out her Gil.

"C'mon lets go back to the inn and get changed I wanna be ready for dinner." Yuffie said dragging Hermione out of the shop.

OOOOOOOOO

"Have a drink Harry," Ron said cheerfully as he gulped down his drink.

"Don't mind him Harry", Locke said quietly, "He's had a bit much to drink I think."

Ron tried to look offended but merely managed to look hilariously drunk and fell of his chair colliding with a voluptuous blonde women who winked and giggled at Harry causing him to go bright red.

Ron grumbled as he sat back on his chair. Suddenly his mouth fell open in surprise. Harry turned around to see what Ron was staring at and saw Yuffie wearing a long dark red dress. It put her body to advantage and made her look a lot older then her seventeen years of age. Ron was still gaping at Yuffie but Harry's eye fell upon the girl walking out from behind Yuffie. It was Hermione. Her bushy hair was falling around her bare shoulders as her long midnight blue dress cut across her chest, falling in soft folds down her arms.

"Hi" Hermione said sitting down next to Harry.

Harry could smell a sweet honey smell coming from her. "Hi" he said smiling.

"You look different" Ron said staring at Yuffie.

"Me and Hermione decided to get new dresses. What is wrong with that?" Yuffie said eyeing Ron through narrowed eyes.

"Nothing. I meant it as a compliment." Ron said surprised.

"Oh..."

There was a pause in which Harry and Hermione caught each other's eye and had to look away to stop laughing. Both knew how much Yuffie and Ron liked each other.

OOOOOOOOOO

The rest of the night was spent in loud voices and laughter. It was almost three in the morning when Harry and Hermione made their way up to bed. Damien had already gone ahead and Yuffie was staying below to have a drinking competition with the guys.

They entered the room quietly. Damien was snoring and the moon was shining through the window creating a silver glow. Harry walked over and shut the window.
Hermione got into her bed, pulling the covers over her.

"Goodnight Harry" she said closing her eyes.

"Goodnight Hermione..." Harry said softly. She had already fallen asleep.

OOOOOOOOOOOO

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"Harry wake up! HARRY!" Damien shouted

"Wha-what is it" Harry said yawning and rubbing his eyes "Who screamed?"

"It's Hermione." Damien said frightened.

"Hermione" Harry said frantically, jumping out of the bed and running to her bed.

"I heard her scream but when I checked to see if she was alright she had gone". Damien sobbed.

It was true. Hermione was no longer in her bed. Harry looked around the room. There was no sign of a struggle. Only her bed sheets lay twisted about. But she couldn't have just vanished Harry thought desperately.

"Damien did you see or hear anything else".

"No and I didn't hear the door open or anything... but I did hear a loud crack"

Harry knew there was only one way to make someone vanish into thin air, and that was by disapparation. A wizard must have apparated into the room and taken Hermione. But Harry was the only wizard in this world...wasn't he?

A/N: Review Please!!


-->