Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Prophecy by moogle
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Prophecy

moogle

Disclaimer: I do not own any Harry Potter or Final Fantasy characters etc.

Warning: No spoilers. (AU)

Chapter 8: In The Marshes

"Lily he's coming. Get Harry out of here!" a man's voice shouted.

"What about you", a female asked fearfully.

"I'll be fine, just protect Harry" the man replied.

"Avada Kedavra" said a cold voice.

"Nooooooo!" A woman screamed.

"Get out of the way you silly girl," the cold voice shouted.

"No not Harry, take me instead..." the women pleaded

HAHAHHAHAHHAA...

"NOOOOO!" Harry shouted.

"Harry what's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?"

Someone was standing by him. It was Ron.

Harry was shaking uncontrollably. What was that dream? It had seemed so real, he thought to himself.

Ron looked at Harry with concern, "Harry you look terrible. I'll get you a drink".

Harry sat there thinking over his dream. Could they have been memories? Was that what had happened to his parents? He knew they had died; he had been living with his Godfather Sirius ever since Sirius had been released from Azkaban. But Sirius had never told Harry why he had gone there in the first place. Or what had happened to his parents. All Harry knew was that they had died when he was only a baby.
Dumbledore had told Harry that it was better left unsaid. But now these dreams were happening almost every night and there was no explanation why he was dreaming of his parent's death. He had seen pictures of them and had recognised straight away James and Lily Potter.

"Here Harry drink this" Ron said coming back next to him.

Harry drunk the drink, "Thanks" he muttered.

"Try getting some sleep Harry. We'll be leaving early tomorrow morning".

OOOOOOOOO

Harry awoke the next day to a sky of fire. The sun was rising with great leaping flames creating an inferno in the sky. A majestic hand spreading blazing rays of warmth onto the dew covered ground.

"It's beautiful" Hermione said awed.

Harry nodded, "Sure is".

"C'mon we gotta keep moving. We may be being followed". Locke called out.

Harry grabbed his horse and helped Hermione up.

"Where are we heading?" Harry asked Locke.

"Prince Marcus says there is a marsh not far from here. Some moogles live there, they might be able to help us in finding out some more about this prophecy and perhaps some information on Voldemort."

"Moogles?" Harry said confused.

"You'll see" Ron answered laughing.

OOOOOOOOOOO

"These bugs won't stop biting me!" Yuffie yelled waving her arms madly to swat the bugs.

Ron rolled his eyes "She never stops complaining" he muttered to Harry. Harry laughed. Privately he thought Ron and Yuffie were a little alike; Ron had been complaining non-stop after he had fallen in the marsh water and had gotten wet.

"Here we are" Prince Marcus said smiling at a small house.

They entered the house to find a very cosy room with a fire, which was crackling merrily sending a warm glow around the room.

"Hello, kupo" A small furry animal with a red pompom on its head and tiny purple wings on its back was smiling at Harry. It looked like a teddy bear crossed with a bat. Harry had never seen anything like it before.

"Uhh, my name isn't kupo," Harry answered confused.

The moogle laughed. "Kupo is just a noise we make, kupo"

"Ohh..." Harry was still a little confused.

"Where are my manners? My name is Stiltzkin, kupo"

"Harry Potter" Harry replied shaking the small creatures paw.

"Ahh Prince Marcus, kupo. I have not seen you in a while." Stiltzkin said smiling at the prince.

"I have been busy helping these people." Prince Marcus replied. "I wanted to ask you what you know about the prophecy".

The moogle frowned. "I have heard about this prophecy, kupo" He looked at Harry and Hermione. "You two are the children of prophecy?"

They nodded.

"Yes, I see the scar, and the pendant too. This is very interesting, kupo." Stiltzkin looked at Hermione again. "You are a summoner?"

"Yes" Hermione answered

"And you" he said to Harry "Are a wizard?"

"Yes" harry replied.

"Then you must hear the rest of the prophecy before you can fulfil your mission, kupo. You have heard that you have been marked as children of prophecy; that you have powers that can slay evil. But you don't know how you can do that, kupo. Voldemort is a very powerful man. I have heard great things about him. And then there is Kefka. His machinery is unmatched. He has great power with his technology, but he also has other powers, which most people have not heard off. Kupo." Stiltzkin looked at them seriously, "Right now you would not be able to defeat either of them. You would put up a brave fight and die trying. They are too powerful for you both as you are now. But there is a way to make you stronger, kupo. Separated you are weak. You must work together, support each other and most importantly protect each other." The moogle turned its little face to Harry, "Your magic Harry is still not developed. Hermione your summons have powers you are yet unable to control. They drain you of your powers and could possibly kill you if you are not careful. You two must find a way to harness your powers and use them to their full potential. Kupo."

Everybody was quiet. "How do we do that?" Harry asked.

"There is a woman called Maiya. She can help you, kupo. Find her and you will find your destiny".

OOOOOOOOOOOO

They were walking back through the marshes. Harry was lost in thought.

"Well at least we have some direction now" Ron said happily. "Who do you think this Maiya girl is anyway?"

"Don't know" Locke answered. "She sounds important though."

"I hope she can help me and Harry" Hermione said.

"She will" Marcus answered. "Stiltzkin has never lead me wrong before."

"I'm hungry" Damien moaned. "When can we eat?"

"You say eat? You have yum yums?"

"Wh-wh-who's there?" Damien called out.

A giant creature fell down in front of them. Its long tongue was hanging out of its pale face, which looked rather toad like. It was wearing an apron and a chef's hat.

"Who are you?" Ron asked the creature.

What are you was the question Harry was thinking of asking. Harry could not decide whether it was female or male.

"Quina" the creature asked. It started sniffing the air and then it's face fell ludicrously. "You have no yum yums?"

"Not for you!" Damien said angrily.

"I come with you. You may find yum yums." Quina answered happily.

"What! You can't come with us. You'll eat all our food." Damien yelled.

Quina merely looked at Damien blankly.

Locke sighed. "You know there is no way to get rid of a Qu. They never leave you alone. Fine you can come."

Damien looking highly annoyed glared at Quina.

"You no need worry. I find tasty yum yums for us." Quina said happily.

Ron shook his head. "C'mon Harry, Hermione. Lets go".

A/N: Sorry if this is a little confusing. I tried to get it as clear as possible.


-->