Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry McGonagall by witowsmp
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry McGonagall

witowsmp

Harry Potter and all characters, etc. belong to J.K. Rowling, not me.

Harry McGonagall - Chapter 23 - European Summer

The trip to Great America was very similar to the one from the previous year, with two exceptions. One is that the Grangers weren't there, and the second is that Brianna was now tall enough to ride the exciting rollercoasters, which she made sure to do. Just as last year, neither Harry's dad nor Aunt Minnie went on the thrilling rides.

Aside from the lines at the best rollercoasters, it was a very fun-filled day, and the topic of Sirius Black didn't come up for the rest of Harry Potter's birthday.

-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-

A few days later, the McGonagall kids were taken to the dentist and eye doctor, although this time, they decided to use the magical eye doctor when Harry mentioned, "I've been thinking about getting contact lenses, and I heard the magical ones are better. Last week, Paul Grabowski told me that a few years ago, a muggle-born became an eye healer and developed magical contact lenses. They aren't too popular among the purebloods and older wizards, but a lot of muggle-borns get them and haven't had any complaints. Paul hardly knows he's wearing them."

They made an appointment for both kids with the eye healer in Little Salem, and so the McGonagall family found itself standing outside of a building with a sign that showed a pair of brown eyes moving around, apparently looking at everybody. Underneath them it said Healer Eugene's Eye Examinations. "Well, this is the place," said Mark as he opened the door.

Although there was no bell on the door, they heard a distinct ring as they walked inside. The walls were lined with shelves full of glasses of all shapes and sizes. There was even a shelf with magical eyes spinning around. Harry looked around in fascination, noticing a sign that advertised special features available for all glasses and contact lenses. These included night vision, the ability to see through any object, the ability to see through invisibility cloaks, and a zooming in feature.

A voice asking, "May I help you?" pulled Harry from his browsing. He turned to see a young dark-skinned witch in a yellow robe looking at his parents.

Cindy answered, "Yes. We have an appointment for both our children - Harry and Brianna McGonagall - to have their eyes checked. So far, Brianna hasn't needed glasses, and Harry is interested in getting contact lenses."

The receptionist turned her attention to Harry and seemed to be staring at his eyes. "Yes," she commented. "I can see why you don't want to hide those lovely green eyes of yours, young man. I'll bet all the girls will enjoy staring into them." Harry blushed at this statement, but didn't respond. They were then given roles of parchment to fill out.

-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-

Harry's appointment was first, so he walked into the office where the eye healer was waiting for him. The friendly wizard said, "I understand that this is your first magical eye exam," after glancing at a role of parchment.

"Yes," he responded, suddenly a bit nervous.

"Well, this exam is much easier than the muggle ones where you have to keep choosing what looks better or worse. I just perform a few spells on your eyes. You won't feel a thing."

"Alright."

"Now, just take off your glasses."

-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-

About twenty minutes later, Harry left the office with a big smile on his face and his old glasses in his pocket.

"Harry," said Cindy, "Did you already get your contact lenses?"

"Yes," he replied happily. "He told me that I don't have to take them off at all, and a sticking charm is making sure they'll never accidentally come off. There's just a spell I need to perform on my eyes every day for about a month to moisturize them, until they're used to the contacts. He said that muggle contact lens eye drops could be used two or three times a day instead of the spell, if for some reason I couldn't perform it."

Cindy looked her son in the eyes. "I agree with the receptionist," she whispered. "The girls will like seeing your eyes."

"Mom!" he hissed.

"Especially Hermione." He blushed and turned away from his mother, just in time to see Brianna walk into the office.

-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-

When Brianna returned, she heard her brother arguing with their mother. "But mom, I think that feature would be great."

"Maybe so, dear, but I don't think the girls at Hogwarts will appreciate you having x-ray vision."

"They don't need to know…"

"That's final, Harry."

"Fine," he said in a huff that Brianna could tell was fake. She realized that Harry was just having fun - trying to get a reaction from their mother. She knew he never expected to get contact lenses that see through everything. "Can I get the other features?" he asked.

"Maybe next year we'll get you one," she said, "but not this year." She then turned to face her daughter. "How'd it go? Are your eyes still perfect?"

"Always," Brianna admitted with a grin.

"Lucky," commented Harry, causing his sister to stick out her tongue.

-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-

`This is Privet Drive,' the traveler thought to himself as he looked up at the street sign. He had looked up his destination in the local Felytone book, and was now searching for Number 4. Aside from the addresses, it was nearly impossible to tell one house from the other in this boring neighborhood. He peered through the window and saw an overly large man with a bushy mustache sitting down at the dinner table with his horse-faced (yet familiar-looking) wife, a boy who appeared to be the size of a small whale, and a dog-faced woman.

The stranger watched and waited, hiding behind a bush to avoid being noticed by the neighbors. His black fur helped him to remain unnoticed. The bulky man and dog-faced woman both consumed an exorbitant amount of alcohol while the stranger kept quietly waiting for his opportunity to find out if his godson was there. Finally, the intoxicated adults, as well as the fat kid, left the room and went up the stairs, leaving the horse-faced woman who he'd seen with Lily at Kings Cross Station years before alone to wash the dishes. The escaped prisoner of Azkaban morphed into a man and walked up to the door.

-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-

"Hermione! It's great to see you!" Harry exclaimed as he was suddenly embraced by his best friend. Much to his surprise, the Grangers were waiting at the airport when his family floo'd to England. It was a few days before the August 9th Quidditch match in France.

"It's good to see you, too!" she exclaimed. "You look good without those glasses," she blurted out before both of them blushed and released each other.

"Aren't you gonna kiss?" asked Brianna, earning a glare from her brother, who then turned to greet Hermione's parents, who welcomed them all back to England.

"We should be going," said Minerva. "Adam, Marissa, will you join us for dinner?"

-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-

After spending an hour at a fancy restaurant with the Grangers, the McGonagall family made their way to their family manor. They'd only been there for a few minutes when the floo activated and the face of a wizened old wizard with white hair and beard, which, from that perspective, seemed to be on fire, appeared. Harry, who was closest to the fireplace, found the sight amusing, but managed to avoid laughing.

"Greetings, Mr. Potter," he politely said to the teenager.

"Hello, Mr. Dumbledore," he said noncommittally, not sure how he should respond to his former headmaster. "If you don't mind, sir, I prefer McGonagall."

"Very well, Mr. McGonagall," he replied with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Thank you." He decided to add, "Thanks for keeping my secret."

"It's no bother."

"Albus," said Minerva, who just approached. "Is something wrong?"

"I'm afraid so," he nodded grimly. "Sirius Black paid the Dursleys a visit today."

"WHAT?" exclaimed all the McGonagalls at once.

Harry sadly asked, "Are they…dead?"

"Fortunately, no," answered the former headmaster. "I placed wards on their house to alert me if a wizard were to approach their property. When I got there, he had just left Petunia Dursley, who was very upset. He'd questioned her about Harry Potter's whereabouts, and determined that she'd been obliviated, but not that I had done it. He screamed at Mrs. Dursley and left."

"But he wasn't able to learn anything to lead him to Harry?" asked Cindy.

"No," said Dumbledore. "And I obliviated Mrs. Dursley of the entire incident."

"Why didn't he kill her?" asked Harry's sister.

"Brianna!" yelled Mark. "You should never wish someone dead!"

"I wasn't wishing her dead," she argued. "I simply was curious why he didn't kill her, since he didn't have any problem with killing before."

Albus said, "Young Miss McGonagall does raise a good question that I can't readily answer. Perhaps he sensed that he had tripped a ward and knew he didn't have time."

The conversation went on for a little while after that, and finally Dumbledore's head returned to the other end of the floo call.

-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-

The next day, the family met up with the Grangers in Diagon Alley for school shopping. Brianna still had her brown eagle owl, Barnabus, so she didn't get a new pet. Hermione already had both an owl and a cat, so she wasn't getting any new pets either. Therefore, they only picked up pet supplies without taking long to look at the animals.

Officially, Brianna had left her Silver Bullet broom in America, since she couldn't bring it to Hogwarts anyway. Unofficially, Harry had it hidden with his stuff, since he still owed her for helping him smuggle in his Lightning Bolt during his first year. In any case, they did look at the Quidditch supplies, noticing the Nimbus 2001's, and Harry got a new pair of Seeker gloves, as well as a new broom service kit.

They went into Flourish and Blotts next, and after Brianna had gotten her books, Hermione still wanted to stay there browsing. The Grangers stayed there with their daughter, as well as Harry, while the rest of the McGonagalls went off to other stores after Brianna wished Harry and Hermione to, "Enjoy your date," causing them to blush.

Once they were out of that store, Brianna surprised her parents and aunt by asking, "Can I get a new wand at Ollivanders?"

"Are you having trouble with your old one?" asked Cindy.

"No, but Harry…"

"Harry's first wand didn't entirely suit him," said Minerva.

"But it still worked for him," argued Brianna. "I thought I could get one as a spare just like him."

Mark looked at his wife, who shrugged her shoulders. "Alright, but that'll be the only extra thing we're getting you."

She pulled two galleons out of her pocket and asked, "Is this enough to get a holster like Harry's?"

-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-

In the meantime, both third-years had picked out extra books and purchased them. They left the book store and walked around the alley, with Hermione's parents staying back a bit to give them privacy.

"I wish Brianna would stop saying stuff like that."

Hermione looked slightly hurt, but Harry didn't see her face since they were both walking. "Is the idea of dating me that horrible?"

Harry's eyes widened as his face paled. "I, No, I didn't mean…um. I didn't mean anything against you. It's just that if I, um, we wanted to date, we could handle it ourselves and not need her pushing us to do it." He then quickly added, "I'm, er, not entirely opposed to the idea. I'd just prefer it to be my idea."

"Really?" she asked, sounding neutral.

He cleared his throat. "Maybe if I decided I, er, wanted to date, y'know…theoretically."

"Theoretically?" she repeated.

He swallowed before saying, "Yeah. What store do we need to visit next?" he asked, quite obviously changing the subject before walking a bit faster.

Sighing, she answered, "We should pick up more C.A.R.E. badges."

"Good idea."

Harry acted a bit awkward for the rest of the day until they met up with the rest of the McGonagalls, where they found that Brianna had managed to talk Ollivander into selling her a wand and holster. Soon after that, they went to their respective houses. That night, when Harry and Hermione had their usual mirror-call, they both acted normally again, completely ignoring the conversation they'd had earlier in the day.

-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-

"It's time to get up."

Blinking as his groggy head began to clear, Harry focused his eyes on the person who had just shaken him awake - his dad. He blinked again and slightly smiled at the fact that his father's face was not blurry. He'd only had his magical contacts for less than two weeks, and still wasn't used to being able to see properly. He summoned his wand and performed the moisturizing spell on his eyes as he said, "Alright. I'm up."

Fifteen minutes later, Harry, with his hair still wet from the shower, arrived in the common room of his family's manor. The three adult occupants were sitting on the sofa.

"Good morning, Harry."

"Morning, Aunt Minnie."

"Mornin' everyone," said Brianna, as she walked into the room stifling a yawn.

"How long until the Portkey activates?" asked Harry.

His mom answered, "Five minutes."

He frowned at that statement. "Aren't we having breakfast?"

"Don't you remember?" said his dad. "We're going to be eating at the campsite with the Grangers and Patils."

"But I'm hungry now," he argued.

"I'm sorry, son. But we don't have time to get you anything. Unless you don't want to go to the game."

"Fine," Harry said as his stomach growled.

"We'd better all start holding the portkey now," said Aunt Minnie as she picked up a length of rope and tossed one end toward the kids. "It's going to activate in about thirty seconds."

They waited in silence until the familiar sensation of being tugged by one's navel overtook them. Harry's feet touched the ground for about a second before he fell backwards, landing on his posterior. He glared at his sister, who'd held onto their mom to avoid falling, and was now laughing at him.

"Harry!" a familiar voice called from behind him. He quickly got to his feet while Hermione asked, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," he replied.

"Hi, guys!" said Padma Patil as she, along with her sister and parents, approached the group.

"Hi, Padma," said Hermione. "Hi, Parvati."

At that point, an official-looking wizard approached the group, and began speaking in what Harry assumed was French, since they were in Le Mans, France. The Grangers conversed with him for a few minutes before telling them the direction they needed to walk.

-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-

The group had no trouble finding their tents amongst the others, once they'd been pointed in the right direction. The only problem Harry had was the way that many of the tents were decorated. France's team, the Quiberon Quafflepunchers' colors were pink and dark red, and consequently, many of the tents were decked out in those colors. However, adding to the problem was the fact that the opposing team - the Sweetwater All-Stars from Texas, U.S.A. - had for their team colors bright red and white. Harry thought they should have a bit of blue as well to complete the colors of the American flag, but it wasn't to be. As a result of this, over eighty percent of the tents were either covered in pink or red decorations, and Harry put on a pair of sunglasses in an effort to protect his eyes.

"Gabrielle, zis `as got to be ze most beautiful campsite I have ever zeen," said a tall, silver-blonde, beautiful girl who appeared to be about sixteen years old. Her family was camped next to the three tents for Harry's group. There was something special about her that seemed to draw Harry toward her.

A little girl who looked similar to the older one said, "Yez, Fleur, eet iz magnific!"

"Harry!" A hand on his right arm pulled him out of his trance. He blinked his eyes for a moment before turning to face his best friend. She said, "What's wrong? Why are you walking toward that tent? Do you know that girl?"

"No," he replied, shaking his head. "I don't know what came over me."

Hermione tentatively asked, "Do you think she's…pretty?"

"I suppose," he replied as he watched his friend frown for a moment, "but I honestly didn't know I was even walking. It's like I was in a daze or something. Let's get back to the others," he said, turning around and walking away, eager to get away from whatever caused his temporary trance.

Hermione stood there for a few moments looking downcast before the older French girl walked up to her and held out her hand to shake hers. "Hello. My name iz Fleur Delacour. Waz zat your boyfriend?"

Politely, Hermione shook Fleur's hand as she blushed slightly, saying, "I'm Hermione Granger. Harry's not my boyfriend. We're just good friends."

"But you wish he waz. I can tell."

Hermione looked at the ground. "I…"

"I believe I zhould explain what `appened to him a moment ago." The French girl looked a bit uncomfortable at this point, but continued speaking. "You zee, I am part Veela. Do you know what zat means?" Hermione nodded. She had read about them. "I ztill `aven't gotten ze effects under control. Frequently, when I am near any male, zay temporarily fall under ze trance." She took a deep breath. "Do not blame him. Eet wasn't his fault. I am zorry for any distress eet caused you. Eet waz an accident."

Hermione slightly smiled at this news, understanding the powers that Veelas had. "I understand."

"I also think I should point out zat `e waz taken out of his trance ze moment you touched him. Do you know what zat means?"

Hermione blushed once more as she nodded, keeping silent.

Fleur smiled at the British girl. "He may be in denial, but only one thing can break ze trance like zat. Ze boy iz zmitten with you."

"Th-thanks," Hermione stammered.

"Ez ze truth. You zhould go to him."

"Yeah," Hermione agreed and turned.

"By ze way, welcome to France."

-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-

Shortly after that conversation, Hermione informed Harry that he'd fallen under an accidental Veela spell, but didn't mention the rest of her conversation with Fleur. Shortly after that, the group wound up going souvenir shopping. The American McGonagalls decided to support the Sweetwater All-Stars, so Mark, Cindy, Harry and Brianna (along with Parvati) all got huge red cowboy-style hats with `Sweetwater' written in white letters across the front. The Grangers, on the other hand, who had vacationed in France more than once, bought three pink berets advertising the Quiberon Quafflepunchers (or Quafflepoofters as Harry called them, earning both laughs and glares from his mixed group), although Adam wouldn't put his on and gave it to Padma. The others didn't buy any hats. However, everyone got a pair of Omnioculars so they could see the match.

-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-

"Welcome, everyone, to ze match between ze home team - ze Quiberon Quafflepunchers!" Loud cheers come from the majority of the stadium, including Hermione, as Harry watched the team, clad in shocking pink uniforms with red capes fly in formation while the three Chasers juggled six Quaffles between them.

He muttered his made-up word, "Quafflepoofters," while the names were announced, earning yet another glare from his best friend.

"Even you've got to admit they're obviously very skilled with Quaffles," she hissed.

"I know," he admitted, "but they're wearing pink uniforms."

The team finally arrived in the center of the pitch, so the announcer called out. "And now ze challengers! Coming all ze way from America - Ze Zweetwater All-Ztarz!"

Harry rolled his eyes at the mispronunciation of the Texas team's name, but joined in the applause as they flew into the pitch, every one of them doing magical rope tricks, shooting them out of their wands and making lassos of all shapes and sizes while their names were announced.

Hermione commented, "Their uniforms look almost exactly like the Gryffindor ones, aside from the cowboy boots."

He nodded. "I noticed. Too bad they didn't choose blue instead."

"Look at their brooms," exclaimed Brianna, who was on Harry's other side. "They're all on Silver Bullets!"

After using his Omnioculars to get a closer look, Harry nodded. "You're right." With a smirk, he added, "They must not have heard of Lightning Bolts in Texas."

After the extra Quaffles (as well as the wands) were put away, the balls were brought out. The Snitch disappeared almost immediately and the Bludgers started moving away; the Quaffle was tossed into the air as the announcer said, "Let ze match begin!"

Harry had never seen a truly professional Quidditch match before, and he was amazed at how quickly the French Chasers grabbed the Quaffle and took off toward their goal, passing it seamlessly between them.

"It lookz like zey're going to…" SMACK! "Zat Bludger muzt `ave hurt! Ze All-Ztarz have pozzezzion."

For hours and hours they watched as the highly skilled players moved the Quaffle and Bludgers around the pitch, demonstrating several amazing Quidditch moves in the process, but one thing was missing.

"Where is the Snitch?" commented Harry. "It hasn't shown up once."

"That is a good point," said Hermione. "The game started at noon, and now it's six o'clock."

Already, this was the longest Quidditch match Harry had ever seen, but it was an exciting one. The score was now 380 to 410, in favor of the Quafflepunchers, who were frequent winners of their league. Harry still couldn't understand how the male members of that team could wear those pink uniforms. They must be paid extra for that.

Apparently, the announcer and referee agreed that the game had been going on too long, because when the next goal was reached, their was a time-out, during which it was announced, "Az ze Znitch haz not yet zhown itzelf, at ziz time, ze players will be zubstituted zo that they can rezt. If ze game iz ztill going on in zix hourz, ze original playerz will return. At thiz time, mealz will be made available through our vendorz."

"I didn't realize that this game would take so long," said Adam Granger.

"Neither did I," replied Minerva, "Although I have heard of a match taking as long as ten hours."

They found themselves more comfortable after the Patil parents performed cushioning spells on the seats. As soon as the venders apparated onto the stands with sandwiches, they were swamped with orders. Harry's dad was the one stuck waiting in that line while the game resumed.

It was a half-hour later when Harry proclaimed, "There's the Snitch!" as he pointed toward France's goals.

Hermione turned her Omnioculars in that direction and said, "You're right. Maybe the game will end."

"Not likely," said Brianna, as she pointed at the Seekers, one of whom (the Sweetwater All-Star) was successfully pulling off a Wronski Feint as the other followed.

Just as the French Seeker slammed into the ground, Harry exclaimed, "The Snitch is gone again!"

After the teams changed again with the score at 780 to 760 (in favor of Texas), Harry announced, "I'm tired. Wake me up if someone sees the Snitch."

The group started sleeping in shifts with the players as the game dragged on and on. Scourgify spells were applied to everyone on a daily basis, but they weren't nearly as good as showers. They couldn't go to their campsite because of a rule that stated that if you left the stadium in the middle of a game, you couldn't return. On the fourth day, right after it was announced that this game has become the longest in history, Blinky, the McGonagall house elf, popped right in front of the tired group holding a chocolate frosted cake with thirteen lit candles.

"It is being Master Harry's birthday today, and Blinky is thinking that if he's not home, he should still be celebrating!" The house elf did know that Harry McGonagall was really Harry Potter, but also understood that his secret must be preserved, and part of that was maintaining his fake birthday. Besides, Harry was still in America on his real birthday, so the elf couldn't have done anything for him then.

"Thank you, Blinky," the `birthday boy' responded with a grin. He was unable to say anything else as his group began singing the birthday song to him, causing his face to turn red, especially when people sitting nearby noticed and joined in the singing. Finally, he said, "I wish someone would catch that Snitch," and successfully blew out all the candles, earning a round of applause. By this time, the scores were in the thousands, yet still close enough that whoever caught the Snitch would win the game.

"You weren't supposed to say your wish out loud," scolded Hermione.

"Yeah," agreed Brianna. "Now it won't come true."

Blinky snapped her fingers and the candles disappeared. She snapped them again, and the cake disappeared at the same moment that small plates, each with a piece of the cake, appeared in each party-member's hand, along with a fork. Once anyone finished their cake, a chocolate Sundae with whipped cream and nuts would replace it. While they were eating, the Snitch appeared again, but the blind Seekers (at least they were blind according to Harry) didn't notice it. This was more frustrating to him than the Hogwarts games he'd watched in first year before Gryffindor and Ravenclaw had decent Seekers.

It wasn't until the next day - the fifth day of the match - that the Snitch appeared right in front of the Sweetwater All-Star Seeker. He grabbed it, finally ending the match.

"And Texaz finally wins ze game - 2080 to 1990! Thank Merlin! The game iz over!"

At that announcement, about half of the spectators apparated on the spot, causing a very loud `CRACK.' When they returned to the campsite, all three families decided that they didn't want to spend another night there, so they made their way back home. Hermione, however, made it a point to say goodbye to Fleur Delacour while they were packing up the campsite.

-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-

A few days after the match, an angry-looking Aunt Minnie walked into the kitchen, where the rest of the family was eating lunch. They all stopped and looked at her expectantly.

"I've just been speaking to that dolt we have for a Minister! He has just informed me that Dementors will be guarding Hogwarts!"

"Dementors!" repeated Mark. "He can't be serious!"

"He is convinced that Sirius Black will be visiting Hogwarts, and hasn't given me any choice but to allow those foul creatures to surround the school. He has assured me that they won't cross the boundaries, but I don't trust those…things." She turned to her niece and nephew. "I'd like to begin teaching you two how to repel a Dementor if they come near you, and the new defense teacher will continue the lessons once school starts." Harry looked like he was about to speak when she interrupted. "Yes, Harry; you can invite Hermione and Padma here for the lessons."

"Good. Um, you said we're having a new teacher?"

"Yes. Professor Tutamun was offered a consulting job in the Ministry, so I had to replace her. Professor Kettleburn also retired, so I offered his class to Madam Grubbly-Plank. She accepted. The new head of Slytherin will be Professor Vector. Oh, and Mr. Shapon has agreed to stay on as Transfiguration teacher permanently."

"Padma'll like that," commented Harry.

"What is it you'll be teaching us?" asked Brianna.

"The Patronus Charm."

-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-HP-

Please review. Thank you to those who have.

Bye the way, the game they watched was talked about in `Quidditch Through the Ages.'

-->