Unofficial Portkey Archive

Potter: A History by Piccolo999
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Potter: A History

Piccolo999

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, it belongs to JK Rowling, etc, etc. Anyone who thinks I do own Harry Potter is an idiot.

A/N:

Potter: A History

Dark Discussions

Severus Snape was alerted one Thursday night by a knocking at his back door. The hour was late, the sun long since set, and the moon lighting the earth with its pearly glow. He took his time answering, not about to let anyone dictate his time, especially at this hour. The knocking persisted, sounding like a club being struck against his back door with repeated raps.

When he finally did open the door, he was slightly surprised by the identity of his late night caller. He didn't let this show, of course. Severus Snape always kept his face under very careful control. `Ah.' He let an amused smirk cross his face. `Lucius... so nice to see you... it's been a while.'

Lucius Malfoy lowered his cane, with which he had been tapping against the door, and brushed past his old acquaintance. Snape closed the door behind him. Lucius looked around with undisguised disgust. `Let's skip the pleasantries... I do not wish to spend one second more in this stinking Muggle infested pit than I have to. How you live here... but never mind that. I have come by some interesting information...'

Snape made his way into his living room and took a seat. `Do go on.'

`My son has told me you have taken quite an interest in young Harry Potter. Is this true?'

Snape yawned. `I do not answer to you, Malfoy. So what if I have?'

Lucius regarded him coldly. `What have you learned?'

Snape returned the look with disinterest. `Nothing worth mention. Potter remains very withdrawn.'

`So my son has reported also.'

Snape allowed a smirk, `Hmm. So you have the boy spying for you? I wondered why Draco had taken such an interest in Potter. Of course.'

`I'm no fool Severus,' Lucius said. `Potter is a danger to all of us. You think I would leave him unwatched?'

`A danger...' Snape raised an eyebrow. `Or perhaps... an asset.'

`An asset?'

`You think too small Lucius. Your mind has forever been mired in mediocrity.'

`How dare you!' Lucius gripped his cane threateningly.

`Now-now, don't be rash. Think. Potter defeated the Dark Lord as a baby. Imagine the potential. Imagine the power we could wield... and all we need do is mould the boy into our weapon. He could be the next Dark Lord, and us his closest advisors, his trusted mentors. Think!'

Lucius pondered for a moment. `You are sure the boy would turn? Draco has reason to believe Potter harbours many secrets, including a great love for his dearly departed parents.'

`As I said, Potter remains withdrawn, but I am not worried. He shows great promise.'

`You play with fire Severus.'

`But when I am successful, I will wield it.'

-->