Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blind confrontations by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blind confrontations

Kai_Lun_Mau

Disclaimer. DareDevil and Harry Potter are owned respectively by Marvel entertainments and JK Rowling, this is simply written for fun not Profit so don't sue as i've got nothing you want.

The boy who lived and the man without fear

by Kai Lun Mau

Proglogue:

Making their way to the dungeons the trio were quietly discussing what kind of torture Snape had planned for then today. Pushing open the classroom door they slipped into their places just as Snapes private office door slammed open and like the bat Snape resembled at times he swooped behind his lectern and he glared t the students assembled before him.

"Todays lesson is so simple even you Longbottom should have no problem mixing this potion. Today we will be mixing the Auspexious brew, a potion used to heighten a persons senses to super human levels for a short time. You will find the ingredients list on page 237 of your text book." He smirked evilly at them. "You have two hours to complete the potion. Begin!"

The class even the slytherins suppressed a groan at this as the opened their text books and began to prepare their potion supplies for the task ahead. Ron and Harry quickly teamed together and tried not to feel guilty about leaving Hermione with Neville and began to cut and dice their ingredients. Work progressed slowly as the pairs continued to study their manuals on the proper means to brew the potion.

Malfoy walked from behind his work table towards Professor Snapes desk and as he passed the cauldron Longbottom and the Mudblood were working with he quickly palmed a slice of dragon liver into the gooey mess in the pot.

Harry watched as Malfoy passed the cauldron and noticed something slipping into the potions mixture. "Malfoy what did you do?" He stepped away from his cauldron and he looked at Snape who stood there glaring at him.

"Falsely accusing another student of deliberately tampering with anothers potion Potter thats 10 points from Gryffindor."

But by this time Harry's attention was no longer on Snape but on Hermiones and Neville's cauldron which had started to froth and rock back and forth, suddenly the metal started to glow white hot and not thinking Harry darted across the short space between himself and Hermione and Neville and pushed them out the way just as the cauldron exploded and Harry's face was covered in the potion and he began to scream and then everything went dark.

***************

*Noise*

There was no other word to describe what Harry was hearing, the chaotic activities of the school all of it was being filtered into his mind, foot steps conversations even the sounds of quills against paper he could hear it all, his hands reached from his eyes scrabbling against the thick bandages covering them leaving him in a world of darkness but as his consiousness grew something occured to him though his eyes were covered it was as though he could see in simple dimenions, no colours, just shapes. He clenched his teeth in pain as he was finally fully awake and the barrage of noise continued to assault his ears. Soon the sound of foot steps became pominent over the noise but each click of a heel on stone was like a gun shot in Harry's ears and he clasped his hands over his ears in an attempt to block out the noise. He curled up on the hospital bed wanting to scream at the pain from all the noise when suddenly it stopped. He flinched when he felt a pair of hands grasp his wrists to gently tug his hands from his ears.

"Hello Harry." Dumbledore looked down at his student sadly, keeping his voice to a whisper so as not to cause Harry any more discomfort. "It seems you have kept your record for a student who has spent the most consecutive years in the infirmary."

Harry smiled weakly at his mentors poor attempt at humor. "Hello sir....who knows maybe in years to come it'll be named the Harry Potter ward." Harry winced from the migraine he had forming from the assault of noise. "Sir what happened?"

Harry heard Dumbledore sigh. "It seems there was an accident in your Potions class Harry, you reacted as a true Gryffindor and protected Ms Granger and Mr Longbottom but in doing so when the potion exploded you were injured as well."

Harry nodded. "I remember that much Sir, Draco Malfoy palmed something into the cauldron Neville and Mione were using, but why can't I see properly Professor?"

He heard Dumbledore clear his throat and could see two dimensional image of Dumbledore shift nervously in his seat. "The altered potion when it exploded Harry splashed your face, you are blind Harry, the Potion destroyed the nerves in your eyes."

"Bu-but Madam Pomphrey can fix it right?" Harry whispered in a horrified tone.

"No Harry, she can't, we already tried too, the blindness is permanent."

"But Sir I can see, not very well but I can see your shape, everything I shades of grey and there are no outlines to things but I can see you sitting there in the chair." Harry's voice took on a pleading tone as he spoke.

Dumbledore was shocked, Madam Pomphrey had stated that Harry's eyes were useless but the boy was postitive he could see. "What am I doing right now Harry."

Harry glanced at his mentor. "You are twiddling your thumbs sir."

"Harry even if Poppy was wrong and you can see, yor eyes are banaged over..."

Harry gaped, he had forgotten about the bandages and he lifted his hands his fingers tracing the bandages softly. "Sir whats going on..."

Dumbledore shook his head. "I don't know Harry, perhaps it's the effects of the altered perceptions potion, are you positive that you can see these images in your head." Harry nodded to stunned to speak. "I have encountered something like this before, there is someone I must contact, for now Poppy why keep you here in the infirmary but there is someone who really wants to talk to you, should I send Ms Granger in?"

"Please Professor if you don't mind."

Dumbledore merely smiled and stood and stepped out of the infirmary, a few minutes later another fingure walked in and almost imediately Harry's senses were on overload, her faint lavender perfume, her strawberry smelling shampoo and the pure smell that was hermione that had always been barely there when she was in Harry's presence filled his nose and he took a deep breath savouring it like the finest wine. In hhis mind he saw her stand silently at the edge of his bed and he waited for her to speak.

"Why do you always have to play the hero Harry, god look at you lying there and it's all my fault." Quietly Hermione began to cry and inside Harry could feel his heart breaking.

"Stop it, this isn't your fault, Malfoy tampered with your potion and I made my own choice to push you and Neville out of the way, god haven't you realised yet that I wuld suffer anything if it meant keeping you safe."

"Don't Harry, don't say things like that, please." She pleaded with him her tears coming faster. "Don't say things like that, youre so more important to the world than I am, you have to survive to defeat Voldemort."

"Whats the point in saving the world if you're not in it Mione." He leaned forward and reached for her hand and grasped it tightly in his. "I lose you and there is no point in me fighting anymore."

"Harry..." She looked down at their clasped hands and looked at him strangely her tears still streaming down her cheeks. "Why..."

"Cause I fell in love and I'm kinda hoping that even though she has a boyfriend, that one day if I'm lucky she will love me back."

She stood there speechless, maybe she was being stupid but He had all but confessed that he was in love with her, but she was with Ron she couldn't be with Harry, her tears flowed down her cheeks and she stepped around the bed and climbed on beside him and she wrapped her arms around his middle and let her emmotions out.

Harry knew what she feeling right now so said nothing but simply wrapped her in his arms and they lay there till finally the events of the past few days overcame them both and they fell asleep.

TBC....