Unofficial Portkey Archive

Blind confrontations by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Blind confrontations

Kai_Lun_Mau

Blind Confrontations

Chapter 9: In a Flash

Harry sat alone in the compartment that he had shared with his two friends on their way to Hogwarts, only this time he was alone and the Hogwarts express was taking him back to London. He knew that Dumbledore would have him watched, his refusal to go back to the Dursley's had caused all kinds of hell, but he didn't want to go there and he knew that they sure as hell didn't want him there. He knew now that if at anytime he was truly vulnerable to attack by Voldemort and his intrepid little Death Eaters it would be now, at most he would have was a handful of days before they came after him. He grabbed his trunk and flipped the lid open and started to rummage around inside till he found his Gringots key and tucked it into his pocket. Closing the trunk he slowly started to formulate a plan.

Once the Train pulled into the station Harry drew his wand and tapped his trunk and muttered the shrinking charm and tucked the miniaturised trunk into his trouser pocket. He climbed out of the Hogwarts express for what he knew would be the last time and made his way through the barrier into Kings cross Station.

************

Harry gritted his teeth as the sounds of the city lay siege to his senses, every bus that past was like an explosion in his head, after the relative peace of Hogwarts. He would have to try and get used to this noise if he were planning on surviving out here in the muggle world. Before he had left Hogwarts he had asked Hermione for the exact directions for Diagon Alley, she being her perfect and efficient self supplied them. So Harry with comparative ease found his self entering the Leaky Cauldron and meeting a profound silence which exploded with cries of My word and Oh my It's Harry Potter.

Harry graciously accepted the comments and handshakes before he turned to Tom and smiled. "I need a room for the immediate future Tom."

"Of course Mr Potter, now people that's enough, Mr Potter if you would like to follow me I'll show you to your room." Tom slipped out from behind the bar and grabbed a room key and quickly led Harry through the crowd of well wishers to the stairs.

Soon enough Harry was alone in his room and he knew that soon word would spread that he was staying here alone, and he knew that sooner or later Voldemort and his DeathEaters would come for him. Harry rose from the bed and crossed the room slipping out onto the landing and down the stairs quickly to try and avoid the occupants in the bar. In the back alleyway he drew his wand and ran his fingers along the stone wall till he reached the keystone and tapped it with his wand. Slowly the portal opened and Harry walked out into the hustle and bustle of Diagon Alley.

He had only one stop to make while he was here, to pull off his plan he needed muggle items and to get those items he needed muggle money, even if his plan worked he had no intention of staying in the wizarding world. He had had enough of their two faced ways, he was their hero when it suited them. And when it didn't he was their scapegoat.

It took him almost an hour to get his money converted and he finally made his way out of Diagon Alley out into muggle London. Soon enough he found the store he wanted. `Desperate Dan's Army Navy Surplus` Harry vanished inside the store and an hour later he had exactly what he needed.

**********

Night-time came and Harry looked at Tom as he stood behind his bar. "Tom if I were you I'd take the rest of the night off. I'm kind of expecting visitors and they won't be friendly."

Tom looked horrified. "Mr Potter you can't expect them to just show up here in the middle of Diagon Alley!" Tom set down the glass he was cleaning. "And even if they do come you can't expect me to leave you alone to face them." He blinked as a leather moneybag landed on the bar in front of him; he hadn't even seen Harry move.

Harry smiled at the old bar tender. "Go home Tom, the money in there is for any damages that may occur, but go home."

Tom nodded slowly and stepped out from behind the bar and grabbed his cloak and with a crack he apparated away from the leaky cauldron leaving the boy who lived to his fate.

Harry sat there in the corner watching the door that lead into the backyard to Diagon Alley, every one of his enhanced senses hyped up to the maximum. He smirked when he heard the sounds of five Apparation into the yard and the whispers of the men as they opened the door to the pub and slipped inside. "Evening gentlemen."

Harry tried not to laugh as the men spun to face him and drew their wands. "Potter…Our Lord sent us to bring you to him, he waits in the centre square of Diagon Alley, come quietly and your death will be painless as possible." The DeathEaters laughed and snickered between themselves knowing full well that their Master would make Potter suffer endlessly.

Harry grinned at the masked men and sat forward crossing his arms so they vanished beneath his cloak. "Lemme see if I have this straight, If I come with you to Diagon Alley Voldemort will kill me and if I don't come with you will kill me." The DeathEaters nodded as Harry leaned back against his chair. "Well how about this then. I kick the shit out of you five and I them bury my foot in he who forgot to bathes ass before I bury him up to his eyebrows in shit and leave him there." He grinned at the looks of outrage that spread across the features of his five attackers. There was a thud and from under the table and slowly a cylinder about the size of a fist rolled between the legs if the DeathEaters. "Say cheese."

The DeathEaters yelled throwing their arms across their eyes as the cylinder flared into incandescent brilliance filling the room with brilliant white light leaving their vision obscured with purple and green spots. Harry rose from the chair like a pouncing tiger his cloak dropping to the ground revealing his arms and hands grasping a pair of American style night-sticks. The sticks blurred in his hands as he danced between his opponents. Yells of pain and of metal strike flesh and cracking bone till finally the flash faded and Harry stood in the centre of the group and one by one the DeathEaters fell to the ground out cold. Harry crouched and quickly felt around the ground till he held all five wands. He set one of his night-sticks down on the table and drew his own wand and pointed at the unconscious DeathEaters.

"Incarsicus!" Magical rope shot from the tip of his wand and bound the five together in a heap on the floor and Harry nodded grimly. Pulling one of the masks off of one of them he quickly pulled it over his head and grabbed his cloak and pulled in on pulling his hood up to cover his hair. Silently he slipped from the pub to the portal out back and calmly walked into the lion's den. His senses told him there where at least twenty people in a semi-circle all Death Eaters at their head stood Voldemort in all his glory. Harry bit back the curse on his tongue as pain blossomed along his scar.

"Where is the boy!" Voldemort hissed seeing only one of his servants returning to Diagon Alley. "I grow impatient and soon the Aurors and that muggle lover Dumbledore and his order of the phoenix will arrive soon to protect their precious Potter."

Harry shook with anger. "He comes now even as we speak my lord." He reached into the pocket of his cloak and fingered the five captured wands.

Voldemort hissed. "You, I do not recognise your voice…He grabbed the arm of his nearest servant and pressed his finger to the dark mark eliciting howls of pain from everyone of his DeathEaters but the one who stood before him. "Potter!"

Harry tore the mask off with one hand and withdrew the five wands with the other and tossed them into the air towards the line of DeathEaters. "Infernious!" A bolt of liquid flame so hot it was almost white in colour shot from the tip of his wand and struck the five wands. The wand wood burned away in mere seconds and the magical fire soon consumed the magical cores releasing the energy held within each one. The DeathEaters ducked and yelled as blasts of multi-coloured energy erupted from whirling mass of magic as it caromed across the square. Harry reached under his robes and withdrew two more Flash grenades and pulled the pins ducking and weaving between the blasts of magical death being sent at him by Voldemort and the DeathEaters he lobbed them into the confused mass.

They flared into Life turning the night-time streets of Diagon Alley as bright as if it were noon. Harry drew two more grenades from under his cloak and they to joined the mix exploding with a bang and quickly filling the street with a thick grey smoke. Harry shrugged off his cloak as he disappeared into the smoke and confusion, his night-sticks drawn from his belt. He moved like he were a ghost, his radar sense giving him a panoramic view of the battlefield. He danced around curses and hexes, his night-sticks lashing out again and again dropping DeathEater after DeathEater, soon other shouts filled the streets as Ministry Aurors and members of the Order of the Phoenix apparated into the street and joined the fray.

Harry grinned; he could make out the voices of Shacklebolt, Moody and Tonks as the DeathEaters began to fall in battle. He spun his senses searching out his Nemesis and he watched as a ministry auror fell dead from the killing curse. He drew his arm back and he let fly his night-stick flew through the air Harry running along behind it as it struck Voldemort's personal shield charm. It bounced off but did enough to knock Voldemorts aim off, the Killing curse he aimed at an order member striking a DeathEater instead. Harry screamed in rage as he leapt at his nemesis his second night-stick once again bouncing off of the Shield as Harry shifted his weight spinning with the rebound his weapon a blur as he continued to beat at the silver shimmering shield.

Both combatants were reduced to incoherent cries of rage as they battled to best the other. Voldemort trying to get his wand past Potters guard to finish him with the Killing Curse while Harry tried desperately to break down the shield. Suddenly an explosion at the feet of them both knocked them off their feet, Harry's weapon skittering out of his grasp whilst Voldemorts shield spell shattered with a crystalline twinkle. Harry pushed himself to his knee's shaking off the echo in his ears, his radar sense scrambled showing him three of everything. He started to scream as Voldemorts hands clamped around his head and hauled him to his feet. Harry's head felt like it was splitting in half and he could barely focus as Voldemort yelled across the battlefield. "Cease your fighting or I will end Potters life right now…I WILL NOT ASK AGAIN!"

All around them slowly the Aurors and phoenix members backed away wands lowered and the DeathEaters that were conscious began apparating away. Voldemort smirked down and the nearly insensible Harry. "See boy you can't beat me, now…now you're going to join your Mudblood mother."

Harry screamed in rage, the anger coursing along his nerves replacing the pain and he flailed one hand closing around Voldemorts wand and twisted and jerked down and snapped the wand in half. Voldemort gaped in shock at his snapped wand and glurked when he felt the tip of Harry's wand press under his pale chin.

"EVISERO!" Harry fell free of Voldemorts grip panting for breath as the Dark lord reached upwards and gently touched his expressionless face. He tried to say something but his arms fell limply to his sides and his burning red eyes went dark and he fell to his knees. A sickening slurping sound filled the now silent street as the front of his face slowly slid free and fell into the dirt with a thud. Red Blood fountained into the dirt as Voldemorts body fell forward dead.

Harry lay there gasping for breath his wand clutched tightly in his fingers, it was over, he was dead, and Harry was free. All around him slowly the stunned order members and Aurors were coming to life and running towards him. But Harry scrambled to his feet, he was done with this world, he had freed it as a last act but he was done. He darted across the street and he launched himself into the air and grabbed the edge of the roof overhang of one of the stores and hauled himself onto the roof and vanished from sight ignoring the cries of order members and friends.

*************

It was a month after his confrontation in Diagon Alley and Harry was sitting out back in his new house in California soaking up the sun. At times he missed Ron and Hermione and his other friends. But he knew he had to leave after defeating Voldemort, he would never get any peace now. He had enrolled under an alias in Cali wizarding Tech to finish off his education. He looked up as a bird, an owl came into view of his Radar sense and he frowned, no one knew where he was no one should have found him. He sat up in shock…it was Hedwig. She settled onto the back of his chair and nipped his ear painfully letting him know how annoyed she was at his leaving her behind. He yelped and gently stroked her feathers and quickly grabbed the note on her foot and quickly ran his fingers along the text.

*Dear Harry

I hope this letter finds you in good health, I know you wanted me to keep Hedwig but she is pining away for you badly, she is your Owl Harry so you should keep her with you. As for me I miss you and now that you are gone it feels like part of me is missing and it feels awful. I want you back in my life Harry and I'll wait for you to come back to me. With this letter you will find a news article cut from the Daily Prophet.

I love you Harry Potter I have since the first day we met on the train. I just wish I had told you sooner. I wont ask for you to write to me because I know you won't so instead I will wish you luck and all my love till you come home

Love Hermione. *

Harry felt his heart breaking at her words and he set the letter aside and unfolded the article from the prophet and once more let his fingers trace the text.

*Malfoy Escapes From Ministry

Prominent philanthropist Lucious Malfoy who was being held for questioning over alleged DeathEater activities, whilst being transported to Wizengamot for trial escaped from custody and his where abouts are currently unknown. *

Harry scowled and let the article fall to the ground. It seems like it wasn't over after all.

TBC…

An: YES the first part of my Trilogy is over I hope this has wet your appetite and I hope you stick with the story which will be set a few years in the future when Harry attends university so until then Review till your hearts are content

Yours Sincerely

The Evil and Diabolical Kai Lun Mau